Polycom, Inc.

Polycom, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Polycom-Nice place to work
Order Management Rep II (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Nice place, people were very helpful.
Cons: Too far for me to travel.
Polycom was a nice place to work. Having moved to Gilroy put the work place 30 miles away. It was a difficult drive.

My typical work day was working with the customer and different departments to ensure the Maintenance for the customer. Most of this job I had learned previously. I only needed to learn the company internal process. The process changed depending on the marketing be sent out to customers. We needed to learn the new programs and offer them to the customer. Management and co-workers, worked together, to promote the new marketing programs. The hardest part of the job was learning all the programs and the math that it included.
Learning the process was fun, it brought me and the co-workers closer to together. We sat in a conference room and exchanged ideas as to what we thought the math that should be applied to the new program.
Excellent company!
Sr. Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 27, 2015
Have worked at Polycom for a very long time and LOVE it. The company has given me opportunities to grow.

There are opportunities to move up, however, it is not easy. Turn-over is so low jobs don't open up too often.

Work-life balance is amazing and being able to work from home is a huge bonus.
Great co-workers, a supportive environment, fast-paced, interesting projects.
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: Well-stocked break room, catered company lunch meeting every week, great co-workers
Cons: slowing down was hard (for me)
Each day started with short meetings and collaboration, then I retired to my office, turned up the mp3 player and dove into the code. =)
My co-workers were both personable and professional; easy to work with while being highly productive.
Management was very supportive, and encouraged suggestions and feedback.
The hardest part of the job was finding time to NOT work, because all of us were so excited and invested in the project.
The most enjoyable part of the job was writing code to implement new, exciting ideas.
Professional and industry leader in Video Conference
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Beijing, ChinaJune 11, 2015
Professional company
Wonderful workplace
Excellent engineer leaders
Good balance of work and life
To be expert in your area
People are nice
Recruiter (Former Employee), San JoseJune 10, 2015
People are nice.
Work hard stay focused and great results.
Nice cafe.
Good location.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a passionate group of professionals (although that group changes often due to the revolving door).
Typical Day
Global Channels Operations Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great video technology, can work remote when necessary
Cons: Very few individuals in the office, not much personal interaction
Anti-Corruption Compliance Program
-Mange Polycom's global internal training as well as partner training (work with the vendor)
-Provide Polycom's Third Party Anti-Corruption certification to distributor (work closely with Chief Compliance Officer)
-Provide status updates on the progress of training and certification,etc.
-Draft internal and external communication

2. UMAP & Grey Market
-Review weekly violations
-Researched top offenders
-Send cease & desist letters using Channel IQ portal
-Develop a grey market strategy –slide, certification, metrics, best practices, etc.

3. State Contracts & Canada Federal Management
-Facilitate each state pricelist with the pricing team
-Collected & audit reseller's sales reports (monthly/quarterly)
-Paid each state's admin fee
-Responsible for paying invoices to our suppliers

Other assignments:
-Help on TEAM Polycom annual event
-Support our legal team with termination, on-boarding, acquisitions
Fun exciting technology
Sales (Current Employee), californiaMay 28, 2015
Pros: subsidized lunches, home office for variable comp employees
Cons: benefits are expensive and not comprehensive compared to other Bay Area companies.
Great coworkers.
Easy to get job done.
Everyone uses the technology that Polycom sells.
Sales lives and dies by weekly forecast and SFDC.
Mid level sales management changes bi annually
Indirect sales model - all sales through partners.
Partner assignments / comp plan changed 5 times in 2 years.
Success depends on who your manager is. If they don't support you, your career will be very short.
Do not see significant promotion opportunities.
Polycom is a good company to workat.
Elite Services Support Manager (Current Employee), Westminster, COApril 15, 2015
The company has great products and great teams to work with at Polycom. I was able to learn about video conferencing and how the calls were built. I had a great team working for me and were able to make very customer satisfaction numbers.
Autocratic senior managers
Field Service Manager (Former Employee), Working from homeApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great remuneration package
Cons: Unfriendly environment
Freedom to work from home offset by the autocratic senior management team. A very closed loop old-boys network which is difficult to become part of. Team members are fearful of speaking out against or disagreeing with the senior management team.
Productive and Fun work environments
Product Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 4, 2015
Learn Cutting Edge Video Technologies
Interact with like minded individuals
Great Management
Relaxed Environment
Flexible Work Hours
Family Oriented
OK
Test Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: interesting work, freedom to design
Cons: my job was sent to a factory in thailand.
I designed, documented, supervised, and built custom test chambers for conference phones. My job was sent to a factory in Thailand.
Productive and fun work palce
UI Intern (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Productive and fun work place. Really. Productive and fun work place. Really. Productive and fun work place. Really. Productive and fun work place. Really. Productive and fun work place. Really. Productive and fun work place. Really.
Too many leadership changes
IT Applications Manager (Current Employee), Singapore, S00February 4, 2015
In the past 4 years, we had 3 CEO, 3 CIO, 3 APAC Presidents, 3 VP of Applications, 3 VP of Infrastructure and a lot of high leadership changes.
Great place to work at. Management is supportive.
Global Wireless Service Operations Manager (Former Employee), Andover, MAOctober 3, 2014
Enjoyed working at Polycom. Co-workers as well as management are supportive.
Day @ Polycom
Product Support Engineer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: wfh
Cons: no office
Working on T3 cases on all Polycom products.
Very technical and challenging job. Learn something new everyday.
Very supportive management and co-worker
polycom
Senior Channel & Distribution manager MEA (Former Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 8, 2014
Cons: local team
if you are looking or a retirement place and you dont mind to be managed based on your boss emotion it s good place for you.
but if you are ambitious and want to proove yourself it s not the right place to be.

solution proposed are not exiting and became a basic commodity feature.
Great Comany to work for
IT Support Engineer (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDAugust 24, 2014
Pros: pay, bonus, schedule
Best Company to work for. The team that you will working with, are incredible people, great pay and an Amazing team of management!
Technical Account Specialist (Current Employee), andover, maAugust 18, 2014
Information is not freely shared between teams which feels like you are inside of a box.
productive fun place to work
Sr Project Msnsger (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 5, 2014
It is a great product and a dedicated group of employees driven to satisfy the customer. Enjoyed my time there..
Working on new VOIP technology and their Products
Associate Software Engineer, SQA (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJune 9, 2014
 Testing Polycom Video products software and their features like SIP and H323 call, Microsoft Lync, LDAP, Security profiles, Audio and Video qualities.
 Writing Java Scripts in Eclipse to test the Web UI of Video products using Selenium automation tool.
 Performing protocol level testing (Protocols like SIP, TLS and HTTPs) for Video Products.
 Responsible for debugging the issues and finding the root cause for the issues, work coordinately with developer to fix the issues.
 Responsible for providing VOIP infra-structure and Networking support for QA and development team.
 Deployed and managing Broadsoft call servers version R19 and R20 with IPv4 and IPv6 support.
 Deployed and managing Acme SBC, Asterisk voice mail server and CTI call recording servers which are integrated with broad soft set ups.
 Deployed and managing high resiliency Microsoft Lync 2013 set up which consists of Front end pool, Director Pool, SQL, Edge, Reverse Proxy servers and it’s integrated with Exchange 2013 server.
 Deployed and managing Cisco ACS and it configured as Radius server to support different Polycom endpoints.
 Deployed and managing Polycom Proprietary servers like DMA, XMA and RMX.
 Deployed and configured the Polycom, Inc. ITP (Immersive Telepresence) set ups for video testing.
 Experience in configuring Cisco switches SG 300 and cisco 2960.
 Having hands on experience in Virtualization data center technologies such as Hyper-v and VMware.
 Configured and managing windows DNS server 2012 for team Polycom which support IPv4 and IPv6.

1 2 3 4

About Polycom, Inc.

Polycom's vision is a world united by video. The company makes video-conferencing and immersive telepresence (which combines digital – Read more