Polycom, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice place to work
Sr. Operations Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 24, 2016
Nice place to work in the valley. Good work/life balance and solid management.Great teams and professional environment.
Lack of Director and Strategy
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CAMarch 27, 2016
Pros: Work from home.
Cons: Lack of direction
Good company with talented folks around the globe.
Smart engineers, but lack of management and strategy is a concern.

A few good products however, lack of focus on growth and innovation has it challenges.
Great company to work for
Program Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Free snacks
Polycom has a very dynamic work environment. Engineers are working with the cutting edge technology. Midsize company with not too many layers of management. Friendly work environment. People first, process second and technology third. Benefit package is great.
okay place to work
Returns Clerk,Shipper (Current Employee), Tracy, CAMarch 21, 2016
very easy job at times
management does not know how to give appreciation
some co workers get a raise without doing a thing
hardest part of the job is looking at someone not doing their job
not much to enjoy
Good people in a hard working environment.
GLOBAL EDUCATION NETWORK SUPPORT (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 9, 2016
Pros: Free drinks and snacks and they try hard to keep employees happy.
Cons: Job security is questionable.
A good place to work with always more to so so there is little time to be idle. My managers were good and I was able to work my way up over the years into better positions and pay. Polycom strives to be the best at Video Conferencing and they have the willpower to do it.
Polycom, Inc. - Account Manager
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2016
Pros: Terrific co-workers
Cons: Need for more innovative solutions
Polycom is a Unified Communications Company with a solid line of visual collaboration solutions in voice, video and content collaboration, with strategic partnerships with key companies like Microsoft.

Polycom's strength is it s people - a culture of professional people committed to Polycom's success.
In Polycom we can learn alot and we can get a chnace to expose various fileds
Associate Engineer (Current Employee), Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshFebruary 10, 2016
It's great joy to work at polycom and we can learn new things and we can implement as well. well supported staff and also we can enjoy as well.
Good learning & freedom to prototype and propose ideas
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, IndiaJanuary 24, 2016
Good place to learn, freedom to prototype and propose ideas.
Decent work culture but management is not very open or honest.
Ship is turning around
Sr. Program Manager (Former Employee), Westminster, COJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: moving in the right direction
Cons: difficult to lock onto the right new product offerings
PLCM is slowly making efforts to control costs and revise product offerings to be more competitive in a market that demands agility and crisp product management
Profile
Technical Lead UX (Current Employee), Hyderabad, IndiaJanuary 8, 2016
I synthesize the needs and goals of users, product managers, marketing and salespeople, user researchers,
writers, localizers, developers and testers to ensure the best possible experience. Creating a tool for a task, and making it so that people can do the task without really noticing they’s re using tool.
Enjoyable work with fun co-workers
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Flexible scheduling, respect and hands-off approach from managers unless necessary, long-time employees make for good rapport amongst co-workers, few meetings
Cons: Not much documentation or up-to-date documentation for projects
Co-workers were always willing to help out and the fact many of them had been there for years or had been there previously and came back to work there provided a pleasant environment as people knew each other well. Testing, providing data reports to developers/managers, and brainstorming new ways to test were typical responsibilities.
Highly demanding work schedule, with strong coworker bonds
Installation Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Telecommuting offered, strong bonds between coworkers
Cons: no opportunities for advancement, frequent layoffs
The team I was with was more like a small family than a work team, we always fought for each other and stood by each other when issues arose. The work schedule was highly demanding with often all employees putting in 90-100+ hours every two weeks. Sadly, room for advancement, and annual layoffs made the position seem very unstable.
Good Virtual working environment culture
Territory Manager - Caribbean Region (Former Employee), San Juan , Puerto RicoOctober 14, 2015
Very Focus company with a great knowledgeble people. A leader in the Video collaboration Industry but with limited resources to effectively compete in smaller regions
Productive an fun place to work
Business Analyst I (Current Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 8, 2015
Day to work is peace full.
In every single project I learned a lot in my investigations during the construction of the project.
Co-workers like a team work we work, and I share with them any new idea to make better our team.
Great place to work, motivational environment.
very good place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2015
I liked the work environment and the people there were very nice, friendly and helpful.Typical day consisted of scheduling conference rooms and filing paperwork.
Lots of Potential
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: Good people, decent pay and benefits
Cons: High level direction (upper management) is terrible, siloed teams
Managed services was a great place to work while it lasted. Changes in CEO and upper management changed direction and set managed services up for failure. Some of the product teams were great to work with others not so much. In general there are a lot of talented passionate people delivering innovative products. Unfortunately there's not much good in the way of high level strategy. Multiple teams working on the similar products without any collaboration or thought on how they will go to market.
Do not work there if you're a contractor
Admin (Current Employee), TexasSeptember 17, 2015
Tough place to work for if you are a contractor. Not a lot of room to move up. Great work environment. For a communication company they lack communication.
challenging work with fun environment
Internship (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APSeptember 16, 2015
Every day will be like a new day with different challenging work and more fun. the most supportive team leads. growth and learning of new things is highly supportable by the team.
supportive co-workers
Global Account Manager (Current Employee), New York, New YorkAugust 4, 2015
Pros: The People
Cons: Product portfolio can seem daunting to customers
There is a very good atmosphere at Polycom. People are always willing to help. Products are great and they use their own technology.
Polycom-Nice place to work
Order Management Rep II (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Nice place, people were very helpful.
Cons: Too far for me to travel.
Polycom was a nice place to work. Having moved to Gilroy put the work place 30 miles away. It was a difficult drive.

My typical work day was working with the customer and different departments to ensure the Maintenance for the customer. Most of this job I had learned previously. I only needed to learn the company internal process. The process changed depending on the marketing be sent out to customers. We needed to learn the new programs and offer them to the customer. Management and co-workers, worked together, to promote the new marketing programs. The hardest part of the job was learning all the programs and the math that it included.
Learning the process was fun, it brought me and the co-workers closer to together. We sat in a conference room and exchanged ideas as to what we thought the math that should be applied to the new program.
Headquarters