Polycom, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good learning & freedom to prototype and propose ideas
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, IndiaJanuary 24, 2016
Good place to learn, freedom to prototype and propose ideas.
Decent work culture but management is not very open or honest.
Ship is turning around
Sr. Program Manager (Former Employee), Westminster, COJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: moving in the right direction
Cons: difficult to lock onto the right new product offerings
PLCM is slowly making efforts to control costs and revise product offerings to be more competitive in a market that demands agility and crisp product management
Profile
Technical Lead UX (Current Employee), Hyderabad, IndiaJanuary 8, 2016
I synthesize the needs and goals of users, product managers, marketing and salespeople, user researchers,
writers, localizers, developers and testers to ensure the best possible experience. Creating a tool for a task, and making it so that people can do the task without really noticing they’s re using tool.
Enjoyable work with fun co-workers
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Flexible scheduling, respect and hands-off approach from managers unless necessary, long-time employees make for good rapport amongst co-workers, few meetings
Cons: Not much documentation or up-to-date documentation for projects
Co-workers were always willing to help out and the fact many of them had been there for years or had been there previously and came back to work there provided a pleasant environment as people knew each other well. Testing, providing data reports to developers/managers, and brainstorming new ways to test were typical responsibilities.
Highly demanding work schedule, with strong coworker bonds
Installation Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Telecommuting offered, strong bonds between coworkers
Cons: no opportunities for advancement, frequent layoffs
The team I was with was more like a small family than a work team, we always fought for each other and stood by each other when issues arose. The work schedule was highly demanding with often all employees putting in 90-100+ hours every two weeks. Sadly, room for advancement, and annual layoffs made the position seem very unstable.
Good Virtual working environment culture
Territory Manager - Caribbean Region (Former Employee), San Juan , Puerto RicoOctober 14, 2015
Very Focus company with a great knowledgeble people. A leader in the Video collaboration Industry but with limited resources to effectively compete in smaller regions
Productive an fun place to work
Business Analyst I (Current Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 8, 2015
Day to work is peace full.
In every single project I learned a lot in my investigations during the construction of the project.
Co-workers like a team work we work, and I share with them any new idea to make better our team.
Great place to work, motivational environment.
very good place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2015
I liked the work environment and the people there were very nice, friendly and helpful.Typical day consisted of scheduling conference rooms and filing paperwork.
Lots of Potential
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: Good people, decent pay and benefits
Cons: High level direction (upper management) is terrible, siloed teams
Managed services was a great place to work while it lasted. Changes in CEO and upper management changed direction and set managed services up for failure. Some of the product teams were great to work with others not so much. In general there are a lot of talented passionate people delivering innovative products. Unfortunately there's not much good in the way of high level strategy. Multiple teams working on the similar products without any collaboration or thought on how they will go to market.
Do not work there if you're a contractor
Admin (Current Employee), TexasSeptember 17, 2015
Tough place to work for if you are a contractor. Not a lot of room to move up. Great work environment. For a communication company they lack communication.
challenging work with fun environment
Internship (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APSeptember 16, 2015
Every day will be like a new day with different challenging work and more fun. the most supportive team leads. growth and learning of new things is highly supportable by the team.
supportive co-workers
Global Account Manager (Current Employee), New York, New YorkAugust 4, 2015
Pros: The People
Cons: Product portfolio can seem daunting to customers
There is a very good atmosphere at Polycom. People are always willing to help. Products are great and they use their own technology.
Polycom-Nice place to work
Order Management Rep II (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Nice place, people were very helpful.
Cons: Too far for me to travel.
Polycom was a nice place to work. Having moved to Gilroy put the work place 30 miles away. It was a difficult drive.

My typical work day was working with the customer and different departments to ensure the Maintenance for the customer. Most of this job I had learned previously. I only needed to learn the company internal process. The process changed depending on the marketing be sent out to customers. We needed to learn the new programs and offer them to the customer. Management and co-workers, worked together, to promote the new marketing programs. The hardest part of the job was learning all the programs and the math that it included.
Learning the process was fun, it brought me and the co-workers closer to together. We sat in a conference room and exchanged ideas as to what we thought the math that should be applied to the new program.
Excellent company!
Sr. Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 27, 2015
Have worked at Polycom for a very long time and LOVE it. The company has given me opportunities to grow.

There are opportunities to move up, however, it is not easy. Turn-over is so low jobs don't open up too often.

Work-life balance is amazing and being able to work from home is a huge bonus.
Great co-workers, a supportive environment, fast-paced, interesting projects.
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: Well-stocked break room, catered company lunch meeting every week, great co-workers
Cons: slowing down was hard (for me)
Each day started with short meetings and collaboration, then I retired to my office, turned up the mp3 player and dove into the code. =)
My co-workers were both personable and professional; easy to work with while being highly productive.
Management was very supportive, and encouraged suggestions and feedback.
The hardest part of the job was finding time to NOT work, because all of us were so excited and invested in the project.
The most enjoyable part of the job was writing code to implement new, exciting ideas.
Professional and industry leader in Video Conference
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Beijing, ChinaJune 11, 2015
Professional company
Wonderful workplace
Excellent engineer leaders
Good balance of work and life
To be expert in your area
People are nice
Recruiter (Former Employee), San JoseJune 10, 2015
People are nice.
Work hard stay focused and great results.
Nice cafe.
Good location.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a passionate group of professionals (although that group changes often due to the revolving door).
Typical Day
Global Channels Operations Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great video technology, can work remote when necessary
Cons: Very few individuals in the office, not much personal interaction
Anti-Corruption Compliance Program
-Mange Polycom's global internal training as well as partner training (work with the vendor)
-Provide Polycom's Third Party Anti-Corruption certification to distributor (work closely with Chief Compliance Officer)
-Provide status updates on the progress of training and certification,etc.
-Draft internal and external communication

2. UMAP & Grey Market
-Review weekly violations
-Researched top offenders
-Send cease & desist letters using Channel IQ portal
-Develop a grey market strategy –slide, certification, metrics, best practices, etc.

3. State Contracts & Canada Federal Management
-Facilitate each state pricelist with the pricing team
-Collected & audit reseller's sales reports (monthly/quarterly)
-Paid each state's admin fee
-Responsible for paying invoices to our suppliers

Other assignments:
-Help on TEAM Polycom annual event
-Support our legal team with termination, on-boarding, acquisitions
Fun exciting technology
Sales (Current Employee), californiaMay 28, 2015
Pros: subsidized lunches, home office for variable comp employees
Cons: benefits are expensive and not comprehensive compared to other Bay Area companies.
Great coworkers.
Easy to get job done.
Everyone uses the technology that Polycom sells.
Sales lives and dies by weekly forecast and SFDC.
Mid level sales management changes bi annually
Indirect sales model - all sales through partners.
Partner assignments / comp plan changed 5 times in 2 years.
Success depends on who your manager is. If they don't support you, your career will be very short.
Do not see significant promotion opportunities.
Polycom is a good company to workat.
Elite Services Support Manager (Current Employee), Westminster, COApril 15, 2015
The company has great products and great teams to work with at Polycom. I was able to learn about video conferencing and how the calls were built. I had a great team working for me and were able to make very customer satisfaction numbers.
Headquarters