Polycom, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very stable reliable company
Operations Senior manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, Ohio6 October 2017
Polycom management did take employees seriously and invited all employees to voice their ideas and suggestions Management made you feel valued and that you had a valuable role in the daily operations
Pros
Valued
Cons
Some late/early hours to participate in over seas business conference calls
Enjoyed the recruiters when I met them.
see above (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA29 September 2017
Spherion is / was a staffing company. I was sent out to jobs on a temporary basis.
Meeting new people and doing various assignments. Increasing my knowledge base.
Pros
They found job for me.
Cons
Travel to job was too far.
Good workplace
Senior Web Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad15 September 2017
It is work wise good place, But I am looking for complete work from home jobs. Hence looking out. I have strong infrastructure support skill set using linux and DNS server and website support experience, but not able to us completely here.
A decent company with good people
Cloud Managed Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OR13 September 2017
Polycom is a good company at its core but they are by nature a company first people second company. I enjoyed my time working there tremendously but there are a lot of easy to fix problems that unfortunately the right people won't ever get the task of solving.
Talented people, good management
Sr Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA8 September 2017
Polycom is a leader in "Work from anywhere" solutions (video, voice, collaboration) and has excellent partnerships with UC collaboration cloud leaders. The team I work on permits telecommuting (we practice what we sell/promote). This makes for great work life balance. Every call we are on at Polycom is a video call with screen sharing capability. This makes working with teams very productive.
Pros
Teleworking (in some groups)
Cons
A bit behind keeping up with salaries and bonuses compared to the rest of Silicon Valley
Productive and fun work place
Tier 2 support engineer (Current Employee) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka2 September 2017
An awesome place to work. Lots of new learning on the job. Not much of annual bonus payments. Some micro management at work. Flexibility in terms of taking leaves.
Pros
Flexibility in terms of taking leaves
Cons
micro management, Less annual bonus payments
Typical High Tech Company
Director Global Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA25 August 2017
Good place to work, enjoyed the work and challenge. Very typical of a high tech company with more focus on products and customers. But not a company that promotes growth.
Pros
Go Stable Job
Cons
No Growth
Typical Day at Polycom
SQA Test Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX10 August 2017
Great environment to work in. Great people to work with. There were challenges to handle everyday and they were fun to work and try to resolve along with deadlines
Pros
Good Work Environment, colleagues, resources
Cons
Excellent learning and growth but little career advancement
Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO4 August 2017
Stressful management tension filtered down to the work teams. Interesting tech and great technical teams worldwide. Offshoring of work was difficult to manage. Several attempts at test automation dispersed QA team energy and lead to mistrust from Dev.
Pros
Great tech, good movement to soft products and cloud, good teams
Cons
Very difficult management tension filtered down to work teams
Great Company Great Products
CHANNEL MARKETING MANAGER-VAR PROGRAMS (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA1 August 2017
It is great to work for a company that produces products that have become a household name. Everyone knows the iconic speaker phones and as used one at one time or another. The company is generous with essentials to work life balance. The people make it a great place to work.
Poor Management
Vice President - North America Sales & Channels (Former Employee) –  Andover, MA26 July 2017
Polycom does not value their employee contributions or tenure. Their management is only focused on numbers and does not understand or value the importance of partners and customers. Polycom has fallen way behind the technology curve and is no longer competitive in the market.
Money was great but we were continually under staffed.
Dir of Prog Management/Director of Ops (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX9 July 2017
All though it was a positive work environment and the stock was great, the work life balance was sacrifice your life so you can get your job done.
We were very motivated because the stock price was increasing so fast.
Because of that we lost relationships with or spouses and family members.
Pros
Good salaries
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Great Place to work
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA9 July 2017
Great people here, if the pay was a bit more competitive they would retain a lot more talent. Tool purchase again is difficult due to some of the budget concerns
Cool Products
Engineering Aide (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA29 June 2017
I worked there as a contractor for a year. The engineers needed me to label so pictures for them to integrate into their code. Great office, snacks in kitchen.
Pros
Offices
Great culture, Great management
Lead Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA22 May 2017
Consult incoming leads through chat, inbound calls and web inquiries. Reaching out to any type of customers that provide contact information and shows a bit of interest with Polycom.

The sales team is extremely supportive and willing to help. Hardest part would be to manage time properly to make sure one is able to hit productivity.
Pros
Great culture and great management
Cons
My team is being relocated and I am not able to move with them.
Difficult period with new management in place and high attrition
Sr. Director Business Dev. Cloud & Managed Svcs (Current Employee) –  Andover, MA3 May 2017
My team is highly successful but their are challenges across the company with lack of focus and leadership. in some cases we suffer from not having new blood and ideas coming into the company.
Pros
work with an excellent team of highly successful solution sellers
Cons
Trying to grow the service business is more difficult than it should be, we need to be more agile
Under different leadership, this could have worked out
Multimedia Designer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA20 April 2017
It could have been a good place to work had my director not changed my role shortly after hiring. 80+ hour work weeks consisted of creating PowerPoint slides for 5 C-Level executives, and their supporting VP's.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
A non existant director
a great experience in Polycom
Manager (Finance) (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, Haryana19 April 2017
A lot of learning and working with Polycom was great experience providing work-life balance, transparency in policy, good employee benefits except job security in on going restructuring post acquisition. RIF (reduction in force) after acquisition; having said Polycom is a worldwide Brand.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CO19 April 2017
The Westminster office is a great place with lots of challenging projects and great teams to work with. Once you're established, hours are flexible and working from home frequently is possible. Polycom has been struggling in the last few years as it transitions through multiple CEOs and visions and some of that struggle continues. Benefits are still above average, but getting closer to average as they continue to struggle with their place in the market. This could change rapidly if they find solid footing.
sharp peers
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX7 March 2017
- incredibly smart engineers to learn and work with
- reasonable work life balance
- solid benefits
- sometimes challenging to know what direction company is headed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Polycom, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.