Polaris Industries Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Benefit package was decent.
Press Operator (Former Employee), Osceola, WIFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Extreme heat conditions during the summer months and lots of overtime.
Very busy on the production floor.
How to run and setup 250-750 ton metal stamping presses, use of calipers and height gages.
Co-workers were good to work with but the management was not very approachable.
The long hours of standing on a concert floor, I would say was the hardest part of the job, along with working in extreme heat during the summer months.
I enjoyed the job when I made over the quota for the jobs I was running.
Advancement within company
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Osceola, WIJanuary 2, 2016
Pros: Good company to work for.
The company looks to advance employees within the company before they advertising outside the company. Which gives employees something to work for.
Fun place to work with technical learning
Product Designer (Current Employee), Wyoming, MNDecember 8, 2015
I am very involved in my day to day work,
Passion for my work,
Every day new challange of work and make me more tuff,
Co-worker are very good and help me out very well
great place to work at.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Osceola, WINovember 28, 2015
I wish I could still be working here because they treat their employees very very well. The pay is very excellent and the benefits are the best thing for the employees.
Fast paced and long hours
Group Lead/ Assembler (Former Employee), Spirit Lake, IANovember 17, 2015
Best part of job was traveling to different sites and states. Able to test drive units. Use stae of the art testing equipment. Work with engineers and management to further the product
decent job
welder (Former Employee), Spirit Lake, IAOctober 21, 2015
Works not very hard and never had to worry about job security. Always more work to be done. Definitely will keep you busy.
enjoyable place to work at
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Roseau, MNOctober 9, 2015
I enjoyed building snowmobiles for the company. It was a friendly work environment. The team leads & supervisors were helpful.
Employee (Former Employee), Osceola, WIOctober 2, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: N/A
It is a great place to work. I like the job culture, and they also have a Good work / Life Balance and the Management is very supportive.
productive workplace with a very strong potential atmosphere to exceed in life and within the company
General Assembler (Former Employee), Roseau, MNMay 27, 2015
Pros: awsome co-workers
Cons: short breaks
Polaris industries is a very awesome place to work at with great co-workers and a very friendly and kind staff. Pretty much a typical day at the workplace would be assembling awesome off road toys that every person loves to ride. Also just like every other job there is a hard part to it and for me I was putting in the engines and also crating them up which is one of the hardest and most physical job to perform with the facility. All in all I loved the job it was pretty far away in a different state and chose to come back home to Michigan to exceed in my education.
Great place to work with awesome people to work with
Operator (Former Employee), Roseau, MNMay 13, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: short breaks
first i clock in then i find which machine i work on go to it set it up for that part it is in production, clean my work area if needed, inspect the part for any defects then cut/assemble the part then put it in a box intended for its location. I learned what was acceptible according to the parts which is known as quality assurance. worked well with others helped my co workers all the time. the most enjoyable part of my job was talking and helping out my fellow co workers
Hard work but progressive company on the rise
International Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee), Medina, MNMay 9, 2015
A typical 8-5 work schedule. I learned a lot about the powersports industry and systems like Excel and Access. Management and co-workers were great.
Growing company
Pilot/Proto Planner (Former Employee), Spirit Lake, IAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Growing company
Cons: Quick growth requires long hours
Polaris is a growing company. Many opportunities for growth. Company is forward looking and on the fast track to new development.
Productive and Learn't a lot
Senior Systems Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNMarch 4, 2015
Pros: lot of good people to work with
Cons: little unstructured and chaotic
I worked as a contractor for Polaris Industries.
Lot of very smart and good people to work with and they make great products!
parts book designer (Former Employee), Roseau, MNFebruary 27, 2015
many depts to move to.. Awesome benefits. I was back in production assembly and it had great hours, and worked with you when you needed time off . Busy work, and great people to work with.
Dislocated worker
Assembly worker (Former Employee), Osceola, WIFebruary 24, 2015
Enjoyed my time at Polaris. Left Polaris to pursue my passion in Accounting. It was a unique and rewarding experience working at Polaris
Productive and fun to work
Senior Systems Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: very friendly work culture
Cons: not very structured.
Coming from a pure software development company (PTC) as an employee, Working as contractor at Polaris Industries was very welcoming, all my co-workers were very smart, friendly, helpful and accommodating. Learn't a lot about System Analysis of Web Development .
Basic day to day
Team Lead/Assembly (Current Employee), Roseau, MNJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: excellent yearly bonus and 401k program
Cons: when parts issues arise it can get a bit hectic.
Get to work half hour before shift starts to go over daily production schedule. Make sure there are enough parts to start daily production in Team area and order right away if not. Give morning meeting with Team and go over any issues from previous day. Keep Team running smoothly assisting with any issues that may happen. Report end of day to Supervisor and make sure there are parts for next shift to start.
Most enjoyable part of the job is a good working relationship with your co-workers and satisfaction of accomplishment when all goes smoothly.
Hardest part of job is setting up for first run or new machines, and the stress it puts on your Team.
Not What I Expected
Marketing Communications & Events Specialist (Former Employee), Medina, MNJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good benefits, good bonus structure, dle program is great, pay is good - but you work a lot of hours
Cons: disorganized, chaotic, not really a "team" environment, overworked and hr was not up front about the role
Polaris makes some amazing products, and are truly working to push boundaries, but the role was not what I had expected.

There is little to no work-life balance, it's non-collaborative and pretty cutthroat. In the year that I was there, I went through 2 marketing managers and 2 marketing directors, and at least 4 or 5 district managers left in that time as well.

The company was constantly scrambling to hit retail numbers at the expense of its employees.

It wasn't all bad. There was flexibility and autonomy with the role (to an extent) but when your VP has to provide his input for your t-shirt designs for an event, it's probably time to find a new company.
Polaris
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Roseau, MNOctober 15, 2014
Pros: good pay, lots of overtime, see new product before anyone else
Cons: long hours for 3rd shift
Go into work, start building, break, continue work, lunch break, continue work, and end work.
Fun place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Osceola, WIJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits incuding discounts on products
Cons: dirty and hot work environment at times.
Supervised the tubing department, worked with great people. Gained extremely valuable Lean manufacturing training and experience. Was trained in Toyota lean problem solving methods by a former Toyota executive. I was also able to ride and test the latest snowmobiles, ATV's, UTV's, and Motorcycles from Polaris and Victory. Really fun place to work. Unfortunately Polaris closed the manufacturing facility and moved it to Monterey Mexico. Great job, hard to lose. Would definitely work for Polaris again if I had the chance.