Polaris Industries Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work. Great team to work with
Material Flow Process Tech (Current Employee) –  Milford Iowa5 April 2017
I think Polaris is a wonderful place to work and would recommend this company to anyone. They have great benefits and great advancement opportunities.
Pros
Awesome company to work for.
Cons
Rate Changes/ hours are up and down
Productive workplace with a strong corporate structure and values
Manufacturing Intern (Former Employee) –  Roseau, MN3 April 2017
Lots of new skills and time management along with quick decision making and deciding on priorities. Projects can change frequently and work is pretty hectic. There is lots to learn and a short time to do that, so if someone is looking for a challenge, this is the place to go to.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Short lunch breaks, early office timings
Welder (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL3 April 2017
I enjoy working at Polaris however, it is a temporary construction job. I would like to have a more permanent place to work so I can provide for my family without the fear of the job coming to an end
Good Employer
General Worker (Current Employee) –  Roseau, MN15 March 2017
Good environment, benefits, competitive compensation. Love working here. Great life experience. Friendly co-workers. Physical job that will wear you down if you do not prepare properly
benefits
Cons
tough on body
Excellent maintenace management
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL4 March 2017
Exceptional maintenance management, daily work includes minimizing downtime, completing systems start ups, assisting contractors and vendors in installation, Preventative maintenance, new equipment installation
Pros
competative wages and benefits
Cons
still in contruction phase as this was a green field plant
Very satisfied with work environment and benefits.
Lead and painter (Former Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IA & Milford, IA2 March 2017
Very safe environment. Employees best interest was always at heart. We had to do excellent work and they rewarded us in many ways. Always had good training. I worked with very nice people
no matter what job I did.
Pros
Good benefits&profit sharing.
Cons
Not alway in air conditioning.
Great Company to Work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MN2 February 2017
Polaris is a leader in the power sports industry. The fast response to its customers and the customer loyalty is key to our success. The environment is very fast past. A typical day at work could be running a requirement gathering meeting, or spending an entire day transition documentation into templates. We could have an all day/Week Testing with a project team, or a 4 hr conference call to our Asia team on training of the new software. Creating communications to learning how to query, there is no typical day at Polaris. The culture encourages this. You are not a project manager, engineer, or buyer, you are a Polaris employee. The most enjoyable part of the job is you will never get bored. There are always a challenge.
Pros
Learning Environment
Cons
Very long commute
great overall company
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OH1 February 2017
location was not family oriented and hours shifted too much. no room for advancement. Pay scale was not all that well. Shifts were all over the place not very organized.
Pros
good people
Cons
no job security
Fun place
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Athens, AL6 January 2017
Fun place to work. If you enjoy talking about four wheeling in the out doors or riding motorcycles, this is the place for you. Theres a culture. It's interesting to hear about peoples adventures.
Fun place to work but not satisfied with pay.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL4 January 2017
My only problem really with Polaris is the pay. There are plenty of people working with the company that are definitely overqualified and don't make enough to provide for their family.
Pros
Benefits, Work Environment
Cons
Pay
Very dynamic atmosphere.
Material Planner/Scheduler among other roles (Former Employee) –  Roseau, MN28 December 2016
I learned a lot about manufacturing, partly due to to good training and partly due to onsite college courses. Compensation was great but the job could get pretty hectic.
Pros
Good pay, good culture and great place to gain experience.
Cons
Company puts too much stock in college degrees rather than company specific experience.
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WI11 December 2016
I have worked for this company for 10 years and then they said they were closing so I went to school in hopes to utilize that experience and hoping a degree in business management would help me obtain another job in either manufacturing or in a business office that I could learn and grow with all my experiences. I worked as an assembler for several years and then was in materials until I went to school. I worked in an office for three months before returning to Polaris for another two years of work. Basically I have done general labor with assembly and done shipping, receiving, parts delivery to the assembly lines, picked the parts, unloaded trailers and loaded trailers. The company was still under part of the restructure with personnel and leadership when I decided to leave and try an office job as I was not feeling that there was much chance for advancement even with all the experience and a degree due to all the changes the company was still going through.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, and stability
Cons
always worked weekends and also some leadership issues.
Very bad place to work!!! Bad pay, very bad benefits, bad management, bad everything
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL8 December 2016
I helped start the new plant in Huntsville and it was a horrible experience. They are trying to use lean manufacturing principles but none of the management really believes in them so it's just very confusing in what's going on.
Pros
Cons
Every aspect of this job from bad management to very bad benefits was horrible
Assemble
OGA mechanic (Former Employee) –  Milford, IA7 December 2016
Its cool being able to work with power sports products and learn how they are made they supply all tools and process know how in order to have a successful productive day.
Pros
Mechanics
Cons
No room for advancement
The typical production job.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SD1 December 2016
It's your typical production job. Nothing really exciting about it. Unfortunately lack of planning and terrible decision making by higher ups leads to a lot of "mandatory overtime". And mandatory means mandatory. So if you have any other commitments that are hard to handle working 6 days a week (up to 12 hours a day, with two 10min. Breaks and one unpaid 30 minute break) with the possibility of 7 days a week and holidays. then you wouldn't last long at Polaris.
Pros
Decent pay for area
Cons
Short breaks, too much "mandatory overtime", terrible and expensive health insurance
Be prepared to visit the unemployment office alot.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IA5 November 2016
Used to work at Polaris in Spirit Lake, Iowa. Overall the facility was nice and up to date. But, if you work on the wrong line it could be rough. Arrogant and cocky supervisors and production managers. Line Engineers who feel like they own you and place all blame on you if issues arise. Get whipped for hours in 2 months. Then everything goes stale rest of year for hours and fighting unemployment office just to get enough money for food and gas to survive. A true paycheck to paycheck job.

Health insurance is sky high. $1200.00 deductable per year for a single person with a 49.00 bi weekly premium and have to pay full out of pocket to go to doctor all year.

Raise issues to management and they will scoff at you and push it aside. Engineers will tell you to "figure it out yourself" reguarding safety concerns on vehicles. And they wonder why everything is catching on fire now.

Only good thing is the profit sharing and nice breakrooms with catered food. Other than that nothing else. Hard to advance up the ladder unless your a woman who sleeps with the leads or flirts with them. Or your buddies with management.

Line techs can be real jerks and will write you up any chance they get. They will sneak up on you at times even. If you miss one checkback. They will take a picture and make you sign a paper. Some operators down the line will sabotage you and wipe your checkback off with towels to get you in trouble.

Too many layoffs such as this current 2 month layoff over the holidays no less.

Most co-workers here are hardcore biker type and rude.

All management cares
  more... about is their stock prices and bottom line.  less
Pros
Profit sharing, food.
Cons
Too many layoffs, Arrogant management and stinky bathrooms
Productive and Decent Workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OH3 November 2016
In my opinion, Polaris is a good place to work. I have learned about teamwork and how to interact with others. The management at Polaris is decent and they know how to get the job done. The hardest part about working at Polaris is the unset work hours. We could have a ten hour workday or an eight hour workday. The most enjoyable part of the job to me is the people I work with.
Pros
Very nice people and management
Cons
Not everyone is on the same page about certain topics
Will not hire skilled from outside of community.
Prospective employee (Former Employee) –  Spearfish SD29 October 2016
HR plays games with hiring qualified people. Wants to keep it local but the small town environment doesn't have the experience in manufacturing to compliment the workforce..
Company is transitioning from a Midwest thinking company to a global company and it's a struggle
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Medina, MN8 October 2016
Our processes and tools are years behind and we are are trying to play catch up.

Great people to work with.

Fast pace environment.

Below base salaries but huge bonuses (profit sharing) and free vehicles.
Opportunity for advancement
Distribution Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OH7 October 2016
Co-workers for the most part were hard working and easy to get along with.

Could communicate openly with management. Management encouraged suggestions for making processes more efficient.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
At times shifts too long.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Polaris Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval