Polaris Industries Employee Reviews

Extremely High turn over rate
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WI23 August 2016
-Hours are not flexible. Resource MFG who hires temps for Polaris back up Polaris in the practice of giving little notice to overtime changes with little to plan for family needs or personal medical appointments.

-I learned several processes to build and test motorcycle engines.

-Management is not cohesive in with workers needs, e.g. if there is a bad design on the line, the worker is to blame and not the design, so workers are put into overtime and workers do a last minute shuffle with managing their personal lives on their own time like taking care of day care issues and not being able to go to personal medical appointments.

-My co-workers are great except one, but there might always be one in any group of people.

-The hardest part of my job was dealing with the inflexibility of management and being isolated when I raised concerns

-For the most part, my co-workers were the reason why I kept going back to work every day.
Pros
I met great people there
Cons
poor leadership - did not back up their workers, hence high turn over rate
Nothing like they said it would be.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL19 July 2016
Polaris has a long way to go. Giving the benefit of a doubt they are a start up company but they are very un-organized in everything they attempt to do. Management does not have a clue and does not get in a hurry for anything. The wages are descent but the benefits are terrible so they cancel each other out.
Pros
Able to wokr as many hurs as you need.
Cons
Insurance is terible and management does not get in any hurry.
Polaris osceola is a NIGHTMARE
Driver, Team Lead, Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WI23 June 2016
I was a group lead in Osceola. I heard great things about other locations but osceola is horrible. They treat people like garbage. The leaders are condescending, the engineering team is a group of lazy alcoholics who blame all issues on operators and take no responsibility for their mistakes. You'll get paid ok, but you won't get hired full time and you won't get vacation. You get 74 seconds to perform your job, if you don't make it in time a loud buzzer let's everbody know.
Pros
Benefits (IF you get hired on)
Cons
The list goes on and on.
awesome place to work but not enough hours
Welder (Former Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IA21 September 2016
They awesome benefits and it's a great work environment. The only downside was that the management was having trouble keeping a constant work load.
Pros
great work environment, great pay, great benefits and profit sharing
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to work with great people!
Current Status -Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL13 July 2016
A very fast paced environment. I feel that the benefits and pay are not to Alabama standards. Also that experience should count for something. The hours are also off structure for the area.
Pros
Fun and exciting to be a part of this great team.
Cons
Pay and benefits could be much better.
Be prepared to visit the unemployment office alot.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IA5 November 2016
Used to work at Polaris in Spirit Lake, Iowa. Overall the facility was nice and up to date. But, if you work on the wrong line it could be rough. Arrogant and cocky supervisors and production managers. Line Engineers who feel like they own you and place all blame on you if issues arise. Get whipped for hours in 2 months. Then everything goes stale rest of year for hours and fighting unemployment office just to get enough money for food and gas to survive. A true paycheck to paycheck job.

Health insurance is sky high. $1200.00 deductable per year for a single person with a 49.00 bi weekly premium and have to pay full out of pocket to go to doctor all year.

Raise issues to management and they will scoff at you and push it aside. Engineers will tell you to "figure it out yourself" reguarding safety concerns on vehicles. And they wonder why everything is catching on fire now.

Only good thing is the profit sharing and nice breakrooms with catered food. Other than that nothing else. Hard to advance up the ladder unless your a woman who sleeps with the leads or flirts with them. Or your buddies with management.

Line techs can be real jerks and will write you up any chance they get. They will sneak up on you at times even. If you miss one checkback. They will take a picture and make you sign a paper. Some operators down the line will sabotage you and wipe your checkback off with towels to get you in trouble.

Too many layoffs such as this current 2 month layoff over the holidays no less.

Most co-workers here are hardcore biker type and rude.

All management cares
  more... about is their stock prices and bottom line.  less
Pros
Profit sharing, food.
Cons
Too many layoffs, Arrogant management and stinky bathrooms
Great job for college students
Parcel (Current Employee) –  Vermillion, SD1 May 2016
A typical day at Polaris Industries consists of work pertinent to the operations of a distribution center. From working at Polaris I have learned hands on how operations is applied in a real world setting, and how to operate various heavy machinery. The management is transparent, goal oriented, social, and fun to work under. Typical co-workers are mostly comprised of college students. Thus providing a fun work environment in which to work along side friends. The hardest part of the job is dealing with temperature. The warehouse reflects the outside temperature and can be very cold and very hot at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things about operations and management, and the ability to work hard and have my efforts reflected by tracking productivity.
Pros
Free lunch on weekends, flexible with school work, advancement opportunities, and friendly company culture
Cons
Hot/cold warehouse temperatures, long hours (situational)
Quality Technician (Auditor) (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WI22 August 2016
Great place to work, Benefits were great, Then the company decided to move to Mexico. They came back. Whish I would or could have stayed.
Benefit package was decent.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WI4 February 2016
Very busy on the production floor.
How to run and setup 250-750 ton metal stamping presses, use of calipers and height gages.
Co-workers were good to work with but the management was not very approachable.
The long hours of standing on a concert floor, I would say was the hardest part of the job, along with working in extreme heat during the summer months.
I enjoyed the job when I made over the quota for the jobs I was running.
Benefits
Cons
Extreme heat conditions during the summer months and lots of overtime.
The typical production job.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SD1 December 2016
It's your typical production job. Nothing really exciting about it. Unfortunately lack of planning and terrible decision making by higher ups leads to a lot of "mandatory overtime". And mandatory means mandatory. So if you have any other commitments that are hard to handle working 6 days a week (up to 12 hours a day, with two 10min. Breaks and one unpaid 30 minute break) with the possibility of 7 days a week and holidays. then you wouldn't last long at Polaris.
Pros
Decent pay for area
Cons
Short breaks, too much "mandatory overtime", terrible and expensive health insurance
Group Lead- Service department
Group Lead (Current Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IA29 February 2016
I have worked at Polaris for almost 6 years.I work from 6-230. I have become a effective leader and built my leaderships skills during my time at Polaris. I have a great supervisor who has taught me a lot. I lead a small group of people within my department.
Pros
Supervisor, work schedule, profit sharing
Cons
health care benefits.
Productive and Decent Workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OH3 November 2016
In my opinion, Polaris is a good place to work. I have learned about teamwork and how to interact with others. The management at Polaris is decent and they know how to get the job done. The hardest part about working at Polaris is the unset work hours. We could have a ten hour workday or an eight hour workday. The most enjoyable part of the job to me is the people I work with.
Pros
Very nice people and management
Cons
Not everyone is on the same page about certain topics
Opportunity for advancement
Distribution Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OH7 October 2016
Co-workers for the most part were hard working and easy to get along with.

Could communicate openly with management. Management encouraged suggestions for making processes more efficient.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
At times shifts too long.
Warehouse Worker Shipping (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SD27 March 2016
good company. Pretty strait forward for a distribution center. Id say that this place offers better benefits than most though.
Very fast past
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Roseau28 September 2016
Expect to get work butt worked with very little appreciation, seniority means nothing! Majority of coworkers are friendly other than the negative attitudes because they are burnt out and very tired from being run ragged! A lot of people don't last long there because it is very fast pasted and they can't handle that. Most jobs on the assembly lines are either very overwhelming or to simple the jobs are not very well balanced.
Pros
Wages are good health insurance is ok
Cons
Steel toe shoes are terrible also it is very hot during summer and very little fans
Very bad place to work!!! Bad pay, very bad benefits, bad management, bad everything
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL8 December 2016
I helped start the new plant in Huntsville and it was a horrible experience. They are trying to use lean manufacturing principles but none of the management really believes in them so it's just very confusing in what's going on.
Pros
Cons
Every aspect of this job from bad management to very bad benefits was horrible
High turnover rate and burnout factor
General Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, SD22 March 2015
Excellent pay if you know how to work the system: It's all about getting certified through each mod; that's how you build up your raises. Also helps if management likes you otherwise you will not be put on equipment. Long hours and Saturday work are required or you will not be in "good standing" Expect hours to be cut if part-time or seasonal-seems they want full time+ employees. Fire at will and work culture is low. Gossip runs rampant, lots of back stabbers. Noticed that no one get's to know your name as you will probably not work there for long. You get a number to punch in and out:that's all that is required-don't add more value or you will be expected to perform under those conditions for the rest of your career at the same pay grade.
Pros
great pay, lot's of overtime
Cons
burnout, feeling like a cog in a machine
Good temp job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WI24 August 2016
Be aware they have a high turn around here. They lay you off seasonally and even when you do a great job they dont call you back. They also dont do call backs. If you have had an injury on the job with them. They are great if you can get full time but if you are in the right plant that is.
Pros
Good breaks and nice people
Cons
Very demanding of perfection. And many layoffs. Rarely hires fulltime.
Company is transitioning from a Midwest thinking company to a global company and it's a struggle
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Medina, MN8 October 2016
Our processes and tools are years behind and we are are trying to play catch up.

Great people to work with.

Fast pace environment.

Below base salaries but huge bonuses (profit sharing) and free vehicles.
Will not hire skilled from outside of community.
Prospective employee (Former Employee) –  Spearfish SD29 October 2016
HR plays games with hiring qualified people. Wants to keep it local but the small town environment doesn't have the experience in manufacturing to compliment the workforce..