Polaris Industries

Polaris Industries Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work with awesome people to work with
Operator (Former Employee), Roseau, MNMay 13, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: short breaks
first i clock in then i find which machine i work on go to it set it up for that part it is in production, clean my work area if needed, inspect the part for any defects then cut/assemble the part then put it in a box intended for its location. I learned what was acceptible according to the parts which is known as quality assurance. worked well with others helped my co workers all the time. the most enjoyable part of my job was talking and helping out my fellow co workers
Hard work but progressive company on the rise
International Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee), Medina, MNMay 9, 2015
A typical 8-5 work schedule. I learned a lot about the powersports industry and systems like Excel and Access. Management and co-workers were great.
Growing company
Pilot/Proto Planner (Former Employee), Spirit Lake, IAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Growing company
Cons: Quick growth requires long hours
Polaris is a growing company. Many opportunities for growth. Company is forward looking and on the fast track to new development.
Productive and Learn't a lot
Senior Systems Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNMarch 4, 2015
Pros: lot of good people to work with
Cons: little unstructured and chaotic
I worked as a contractor for Polaris Industries.
Lot of very smart and good people to work with and they make great products!
parts book designer (Former Employee), Roseau, MNFebruary 27, 2015
many depts to move to.. Awesome benefits. I was back in production assembly and it had great hours, and worked with you when you needed time off . Busy work, and great people to work with.
Dislocated worker
Assembly worker (Former Employee), Osceola, WIFebruary 24, 2015
Enjoyed my time at Polaris. Left Polaris to pursue my passion in Accounting. It was a unique and rewarding experience working at Polaris
Productive and fun to work
Senior Systems Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: very friendly work culture
Cons: not very structured.
Coming from a pure software development company (PTC) as an employee, Working as contractor at Polaris Industries was very welcoming, all my co-workers were very smart, friendly, helpful and accommodating. Learn't a lot about System Analysis of Web Development .
Basic day to day
Team Lead/Assembly (Current Employee), Roseau, MNJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: excellent yearly bonus and 401k program
Cons: when parts issues arise it can get a bit hectic.
Get to work half hour before shift starts to go over daily production schedule. Make sure there are enough parts to start daily production in Team area and order right away if not. Give morning meeting with Team and go over any issues from previous day. Keep Team running smoothly assisting with any issues that may happen. Report end of day to Supervisor and make sure there are parts for next shift to start.
Most enjoyable part of the job is a good working relationship with your co-workers and satisfaction of accomplishment when all goes smoothly.
Hardest part of job is setting up for first run or new machines, and the stress it puts on your Team.
well balanced employeer
Set-up and Press operator (Former Employee), Osceola, WIJanuary 24, 2015
set up and program machines
great co-workers
great employers
help when needed
Not What I Expected
Marketing Communications & Events Specialist (Former Employee), Medina, MNJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good benefits, good bonus structure, dle program is great, pay is good - but you work a lot of hours
Cons: disorganized, chaotic, not really a "team" environment, overworked and hr was not up front about the role
Polaris makes some amazing products, and are truly working to push boundaries, but the role was not what I had expected.

There is little to no work-life balance, it's non-collaborative and pretty cutthroat. In the year that I was there, I went through 2 marketing managers and 2 marketing directors, and at least 4 or 5 district managers left in that time as well.

The company was constantly scrambling to hit retail numbers at the expense of its employees.

It wasn't all bad. There was flexibility and autonomy with the role (to an extent) but when your VP has to provide his input for your t-shirt designs for an event, it's probably time to find a new company.
Polaris
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Roseau, MNOctober 15, 2014
Pros: good pay, lots of overtime, see new product before anyone else
Cons: long hours for 3rd shift
Go into work, start building, break, continue work, lunch break, continue work, and end work.
Fun place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Osceola, WIJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits incuding discounts on products
Cons: dirty and hot work environment at times.
Supervised the tubing department, worked with great people. Gained extremely valuable Lean manufacturing training and experience. Was trained in Toyota lean problem solving methods by a former Toyota executive. I was also able to ride and test the latest snowmobiles, ATV's, UTV's, and Motorcycles from Polaris and Victory. Really fun place to work. Unfortunately Polaris closed the manufacturing facility and moved it to Monterey Mexico. Great job, hard to lose. Would definitely work for Polaris again if I had the chance.
Engineer
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), IowaMay 22, 2014
Pros: pay & people
Cons: location, and pto
I’m currently a manufacturing engineer and the job is great. The people are good to work with and you build toys for adults, it is great. The pay is really good as well. The only down side is the location and the lack in PTO. I left a job with 5 weeks of vacation and now only have two weeks and no matter how much I tried they wouldn't budge on additional weeks. So a life outside work is difficult. The typical day is about 10 hours regardless of if the line is running and finding housing in the area can also be difficult. I would stay for life if the company had a facility out west.
Big Company with Family Atmosphere
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Vermillion, SDMarch 23, 2014
I have enjoyed working at Polaris thus far, the level of flexibility and friendliness has allowed me to attend classes and work. Everyone on the management team understands the importance of employee happiness with various events in honor of the work we do. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see the results of your own success in the workplace.
Able to see new product
Assembly Worker (Current Employee), Osceola, WIFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: hard to get 40 hr work week
Good place to work and people are friendly. Not too much room for growth at the Ocseola Plant.
Think about it before you start working for this company
former office employee (Former Employee), MNFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, doing well financially
Cons: increasing workload, incompetent management, stressful environment, mean co-workers
A typical day at work: A typical day at work is very unpredictable, most of the days are insane, some are fine, and a few days out of the year you will feel normal. I usually need time off a few times a day during busy days, it's easy to go insane without that 5 mins cool down.

Learning: I did learn quite a few skills, which I can bring into my next company. However, there are no training for the new hires, or ongoing classes offered to the current employees. When a person starts, they expect him/her to start performing right away like a chump.

Management: This is the worst area in this company. I filed a complaint, HR not only disclosed my information to the person I complained about, but also did not apologize for what they did. Instead, they told me that there was no other way to handle this. So don't expect them to be on your side, they do whatever is the easiest to cross the task off their lists.
Since the end of 2013, there is little room for lateral movement because they hate people moving around, that created so much work for hiring new people, and too much chaos within the organization. But shouldn't they ask themselves why people want to move around so much? If they like where they are, then why spend the time looking in other departments within? So people either shut up and do their jobs like slaves, or leave and find jobs elsewhere.
The department I'm in has the worst management teams. All managers are incompetent, micromanaging, and egotistical males, no females in this department in any leadership role, it's a man's club. If they like you, you'll get the least – more... amount of work and the most amount of praise; but if they dislike you as a person regardless what a fantastic job you are doing, you'll be treated like dirt, whatever suggestions/ideas you bring up, they will not only discourage, but will also tell you to shut up and speak up only when you are allowed to. I'm treated like a 7 year old all the time. Basically, no reward if your politics cards aren't right; and women are treated like dirt in this department.
There's very diversity in the company, even though they say that's one of their focuses.
The company is really good at using their financial growth to mask up the reality of the working environment; the PR is great too, to the point to have the company nominated as "the best place to work for" for several times, but don't let that fool you.

Co-workers: most of the co-workers are on the edge regardless how they feel about their jobs because of the stressful pace. I have had people hung up on me, scream at me in both emails and phone calls, being sarcastic about what they ask, being angry at a request which they thought they made to you but they didn't. These people usually treat new comers very badly, they rarely help out even when being asked. It's a highly competitive environment, they all want the next big thing for themselves, so they try to weed out the new, and the slower ones.

If you only want good pay and some job security, and you can keep up with meeting numerous late dead lines, this is the place for you. But if you want work-life balance, respect as a person and a subordinate, good relationships with co-workers, and job growth, then look else where. Be prepared to get burned out one or two months in the job. – less
Great company culture with employees who are hard working and passionate for success
Finance Intern: Off-Road Vehicles Division (Former Employee), Medina, MNFebruary 5, 2014
Days at work were very fast-paced with high expectations for production.

I learned that communication and strong leadership is the key to success.
Productive work environment
Bender Setup Technician (Current Employee), Roseau, MNSeptember 9, 2013
Polaris is a great place to work. Hours are constant and the pay is comparable to many other manufacturing jobs in the area.
good company
Welding (Former Employee), Spirit Lake, IAJuly 19, 2013
Factory work but hot enviorment, good people and leads fast paced
Company performs well financially
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Spirit Lake, IAJune 3, 2013
Pros: financially well-run; some bright people
Cons: stressful environment; saw more than 1 person in supervisory/management role "need time away."
Well-run company, meets financial goals. Need to be a "manufacturing person" to work there.

About Polaris Industries

A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road vehicles, comprising – Read more