Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Company Description: Polar Sapphire Ltd. is a Canadian Cleantech company, manufacturing high purity aluminum oxide powder used for making sapphire crystals.
Our factory is located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
We sell high purity 3N-6N powder in various particle size distributions for several different applications. Our products are manufactured using an innovative environmentally friendly process which conserves energy and prevents waste.
Our powder can be used as feedstock for making sapphire ingots for use in making substrates for LEDs. Our alumina can also be used for many other applications such as;
- High purity engineered ceramics
- Polishing applications
- Abrasion resistant coatings
- Sapphire feedstock used for various non LED applications
Job Description: In the role of Senior Chemist you will be responsible for developing and conducting analytical methods, developing and conducting control procedures and following quality assurance procedures. You will also be responsible for conducting R&D to develop and improve process for making high purity alumina
- Formulate, modify, scale up, and support application and fabrication trials to develop process for making high purity alumina.
- Serve as the expert in analyzing, testing of purity and properties of high purity alumina and intermediate chemicals
- Interact with other members of the technical, sales and manufacturing departments to provide solutions to technical problems.
- Excel in the application of experimental design.
- Develop comprehensive conclusion reports and present findings of investigations to internal audiences.
- Work within a team environment and utilize structured problem solving techniques.
- Identify new and emerging technologies that could be relevant to developing new products or improving existing processes
- Conduct full search and summary of technical literature related to work projects.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Material Engineering, Chemistry or Material science, required.
- Experience with industrial chemical processes, alumina production, material purification or water purification helpful
- Experience operating ICP MS and/or ICP OES a plus
- Possess strong problem solving skills
- Record of process technology innovation
- Require minimal direct supervision
- Highly motivated with proven ability to work well in a team setting
- Proven record of strong organizational skills, with emphasis on attention to detail
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Potential to supervise entry/mid level technician
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, etc.) and email effectively
- Interested in working in a small start-up company instead of a large company
Indeed - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard
Polar Sapphire Ltd. is a Canadian Cleantech company, manufacturing high purity aluminum oxide powder (alumina).
Our factory is located...