Headquartered in Toronto, Polar Racking Inc. is a North American leader in the design, engineering and manufacturing of PV mounting systems. The company has a diversified portfolio of rooftop and ground mount products for the residential, commercial and utility scale markets. Focused on continuous innovation, the company's vision is to deliver the highest value to our clients at the lowest cost per kWh. Through our unique suite of engineering collaboration tools, technical services and installation support we deliver turnkey solutions that are modular, lighter and quicker to install. We support our North American clients from our locations in Toronto, Windsor and Montreal.
We are currently looking for a Director of Operations to join our growing team! This position reports to Senior Management and is based at our Toronto facility.
- Develop and manage an effective organization with appropriate infrastructure, systems, programs and methods to achieve our high growth objectives.
- Build a culture of accountability and maintain a continued focus on profitability, quality and customer service at all levels of the organization.
- Develop and implement strategic plans and annual departmental budgets for the organization
- Manage and direct our supply chain, manufacturing, quality, procurement, project management, marketing, customer service and human resources departments to achieve cost and performance targets
- Develop new and regularly benchmark existing vendors in the supply chain for cost, performance and delivery metrics
- Support strategic new product development programs/projects
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly KPIs to senior leadership
- 7+ years in the manufacturing industry with excellent knowledge of machining, forming, stamping and fabrication processes
- 5 years Senior Management and Operations experience in the manufacturing and distribution environment
- Proven leadership skills and experienced in leading and directing teams and direct contribution to the growth of the company
- Excellent communication and negotiating abilities, with strong business acumen
- MBA, Masters in Management and Engineering or equivalent required
- Degree in Mechanical engineering or related discipline preferred
Indeed - 6 months ago