We are a growing Geomatics business with offices in Calgary and Red Deer and are seeking a Junior GIS Web developer to support a host of expanding web based spatial solutions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and implement specific software features according to specifications
- Write and execute test plans for completed features
- Investigate, identify and implement solutions for software defects
- Participate in the Agile/Scrum software development methodology.
- Utilize/follow to design patterns and best practices
We are looking for the below Qualifications / Skills in our ideal GIS Analyst:
You are a team player and are able to work well with other coworkers, communicate clearly and contribute enthusiastically to all projects.
- Basic knowledge of the design and implementation of web based applications
- General understanding of GIS technology
- Some understanding of relational and spatial databases
- Familiarity with REST services
- Understanding of cached and dynamic web services
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Server and desktop an asset
- ArcGIS Server
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop Suite
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Adobe Flex API an asset.
- ASP.net framework 4.5
- Action script 4.6
- ESRI Flex SDK an asset.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills