We are a growing Geomatics business with offices in Calgary and Red Deer and are seeking an experienced GIS Web developer to support a host of expanding web based spatial solutions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze software requirements to meet business needs
- Design and implement solutions to satisfy software requirements
- Write and execute test plans for completed features
- Investigate, identify and implement solutions for software defects
- Perform peer code reviews and provide mentoring for junior team members
- Participate in the Agile/Scrum software development methodology.
- Utilize/follow to design patterns and best practices
We are looking for the below Qualifications / Skills in our ideal GIS Analyst:
You are a team player and are able to work well with other coworkers, communicate clearly and contribute enthusiastically to all projects.
- 5 years+ experience in web-based or other GIS application development.
- Some industry knowledge in one or more of the following areas would be an asset: energy sector, forestry, land, biological sciences, earth sciences, hydrology or geology
- Experience with spatial relational databases
- Experience with tiered web application architecture
- Experience with REST web services an asset
- Some understanding of ArcSDE
- Experience with Adobe Flex API
- ArcGIS Server including ArcSDE
- ESRI Desktop Suite
- Microsoft SQL Server
- ASP.net framework 4.5
- Action script 4.6
- ESRI Flex SDK 3.1
Process and Workflow
- continuous build integration
- source control
- automated testing frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Indeed - 14 months ago