INTERMEDIATE/SENIOR GIS ANALYST
We are a growing Geomatics business with offices in Calgary and Red Deer and are seeking a GIS Analyst. Reporting to our Senior Project Manager, your responsibilities will include GIS analysis, Data Management and Map Compilation. This position will be located in our Red Deer Office.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute billable hours to projects
- Manage individual projects, task, and timeline as required.
- Geo-Reference survey plans and digital images.
- Relate spatial and non-spatial data to create line lists.
- Manipulate vector and raster data as required.
- Manipulate and analyze GIS data to prepare maps and reports for clients.
- Creatively solve problems presented by projects.
- Assist with the improvement of existing processes & development of new technical processes & workflows
- Fully scope & manage GIS related project activities
- Team Leadership
We are looking for the below Qualifications / Skills in our ideal Intermediate GIS Analyst:
You are a team player and are able to work well with other co-workers, communicate clearly and contribute enthusiastically to all projects.
- 4 years’ experience in application of GIS technology in any of the following: energy sector, forestry, land, biological sciences, earth sciences, hydrology or geology
- Some knowledge of Oil & Gas industry
- High school Diploma or equivalent such as a GED Required
- Two year accreditation from a college/university in GIS or closely related field
- ESRI Desktop Suite, Experience with geodatabase file formats (topology, relational tables, representations, versioned editing), Vector data overlays and analysis, Raster manipulation and analysis, ESRI Extensions (Spatial Analyst, 3D analyst and/or Network Analyst), SDE
- Remote Sensing software, FME, Programming skills (C-based, Python) nice to have but not essential.
- Aesthetics, Understanding of essential map elements, Attention to detail, QA/QC strategy
- Experience with relational databases, Data query (SQL, ESRI), Data translations (ESRI, SQL, FME, third party etc.)
- Organizational strategies
- Proven time management and organization skills with the ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail Oriented
- Self-Motivated and Independent Thinker
Polar thanks all applicants but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard