We are a growing Geomatics business with offices in Calgary and Red Deer and are seeking an Enterprise Database Architect to design data models and relationships, build and update data transactions, manage and verify transactions and design and configure reporting services. These activities are in support of an enterprise SQL spatial database that is the foundation for our primary web-GIS products.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Design data models for future software modules.
- Build robust transactional operations that can be repeated efficiently.
- Verify the success of data transactions.
- Review data quality.
- Query, clean and report on/from database.
- Configure database for consumption by web-GIS applications.
- Design and configure reporting services to accomplish specific tasks.
- Manage database permissions and access.
- Train staff on database transaction processes.
We are looking for the below Qualifications / Skills in our ideal GIS Analyst:
You are a team player and are able to work well with other coworkers, communicate clearly and contribute enthusiastically to all projects.
- 4 years’ experience in application of GIS technology in any of the following: energy sector, forestry, land, biological sciences, earth sciences, hydrology or geology
- Some knowledge of Oil & Gas industry
- Microsoft SQL Server, My SQL *required
- Microsoft SharePoint.
- Safe Software FME.
- ESRI Desktop Suite, Experience with knowledge of SDE an asset.
- Experience with spatial relational databases, data query (SQL, ESRI), Data
translations (ESRI, SQL, FME, third party etc.)
- Organizational strategies
- Efficient workflows
Indeed - 2 years ago
We are a growing Geomatics business with offices in Calgary & Red Deer.