Points is the global leader in loyalty currency management and an award winning eCommerce technology company. We strive to be the best in the world at what we do. Points is a successful entrepreneurial company where results matter. We work in a fun and casual atmosphere where work and commitments are taken seriously.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master to join our fast-paced team. If you love the art and science of project management using agile practices for product development in the ecommerce/internet software discipline, and enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment where you can make a difference — this is the job for you.
We are looking for someone to fill a one year contract who takes pride in ensuring product engagements are run efficiently and effectively. You will manage resources (time, money and people) for the delivery of multiple SaaS based products & features. You will work in a complex, ever changing software development environment to deliver high quality products and to bring those products to life with our partners.
- Provide leadership and hands on project management expertise to ensure the successful delivery of feature enhancements to our portfolio of loyalty software products (typically 4 – 6 concurrent projects) in a SaaS based environment.
- Collaborate closely with Software Engineering, Delivery Services, Relationship Management, Marketing, Support Services and Product Management to deliver high-value and high-quality products for our partners.
- Manage scrum teams using agile methodologies to deliver high-quality, time-sensitive product enhancements.
- Bring an unrivalled passion for delivery, a positive attitude, and strive to help your teams succeed and grow on their journey toward self-organization and high performance.
- Demonstrate expertise in both the art and science of project management across several areas including: governance, scope, risk, quality, issue management, communication and stakeholder management.
- Demonstrate excellent decision-making skills around scope, timelines, and resources. Strong negotiation and facilitation skills will be key to your success in the position.
- Lead project planning around backlog for your assigned product enhancements in conjuction with a Product Manager.
- Produce several project management related business analysis assets including project budget reports, status reports, issue and risk logs, meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
- 5+ years software implementation project management experience preferably in software/ecommerce industry
- 2+ years agile software development project management experience preferably using scrum methodologies.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to execute well under pressure.
- Experience working in complex, multi-project environment with a number of clients is critical in order to be successful in this role. Consulting experience would be an asset.
- Comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization including business executives and technical experts. This includes strong presentation, meeting facilitation, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possessing a technical background is an asset. Our Project Managers interface heavily with our software engineers and need to speak their language.
- Attention to detail and absolute focus on quality.
- Demonstrated ability to lead business process change initiatives.
- Exposure to a variety of Project Management methodologies (PMBOK, Agile).
- Broad project management experience, perhaps in infrastructure, integration or software package implementation.
- Proficiency with the use of Microsoft Project.
- Certified Scrum Master or Project Management Professional (PMP) accreditation is an asset.
- Knowledge of productivity tools including Salesforce, JIRA, Greenhopper, and Tempo is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and English language skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and adapt as project requirements change.
Benefits & Perks @ Points.com:
- Casual dress, every day of the week!
- Beer cart Fridays: free beer and snacks!
- Awesome loft-like workspace, with ping pong, foosball, sofas, lunch room, and a rooftop patio
- Flexible work hours
- Team events: bowling, lunch, paintball, drinks, patio potluck
- Great central location downtown, in the trendy Entertainment District
- Opportunities to continuously challenge yourself, innovate and improve
Points, publicly traded as Points International Ltd. (TSX: PTS; NASDAQ: PCOM), is the global leader in loyalty currency management. Via a state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platform, Points provides loyalty eCommerce and technology solutions to the world's top brands to enhance their consumer offerings and streamline their back-end operations.
Points’ solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies ranging from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards, for more than 45 partners worldwide. In addition to these services, Points’ unique SaaS products allow eCommerce merchants to add loyalty solutions directly to their online stores, rewarding customers for purchases at the point-of-sale.
Points has been widely recognized among the loyalty and technology communities alike. The Company was named the 4th largest Canadian software company and the 40th largest Canadian technology company by the 2013 Branham300 list. Points also ranked 40th among PROFIT Magazine's top 200 Canadian companies by five-year revenue growth. For more information on Points, please visit www.Points.com, follow us @PointsBiz on Twitter or read the Points Loyalty News blog.
We take pride in our energetic team environment and strive to create a balanced and rewarding workplace. At Points.com, we communicate directly, lead by example, and ensure that all of our team members know just how much they are appreciated. Come join the team!
For more on life at Points, including the scoop on our latest events, visit our company blog: bizblog.points.com.
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
BearingPoint, Inc. (BearingPoint) is a provider of management and technology consulting services to Forbes Global 2000 companies, as well as...