Points.com provides software as a service for reward points, with partners such as Best Buy, Virgin America, Hyatt, and Paypal. You can learn more at: www.pointsinternational.com and lifeatpoints.com
We’re looking for a smart, enthusiastic person with a passion for software engineering and an interest in creating web software. If you love working in an open, highly collaborative environment making awesome software, then Points is the place for you.
As a development team lead, you’ll lead software development for one of our agile development teams and collaborate with product owners, SCRUM masters, and other stakeholders.
Report to: Director of Software Engineering
- Responsible for managing day to day responsibilities of the development team.
- Creating software on our SaaS platform, from inception to release. Writing loads of code!
- Communicating with product owners and other stakeholders.
- Working closely with energetic, experienced developers, fellow team leads, the Director of Software Engineering, and the CTO
- At least 1 year of experience leading a development team.
- Comfortable coding your high level language of choice: Python, Ruby, Java, Scala, or whatever you fancy. Also: solid knowledge of Java.
- Experience with all tiers of development, front to back.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Very strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or an equivalent.
Nice to Haves:
- Polyglot coder and knowledgeable in multiple languages, including Python, Java, and Ruby.
- Experience on agile development teams, with XP, SCRUM, BDD, TDD.
- Expertise in building Java and Python web applications for consumer focused, transaction driven, e-commerce platforms on Linux with Tomcat, JBoss, Django, Flask, Oracle, and PostgreSQL.
- Expert in TDD, BDD, and associated techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of UI/UX and understanding of user experience design principles.
Benefits & Perks @ Points.com:
- Casual dress, every day of the week!
- Beer cart Fridays: free beer and snacks!
- Awesome loft-like workspace, with ping pong, foosball, sofas, lunch room, and a rooftop patio.
- Flexible work hours.
- Team events: bowling, lunch, paintball, drinks, patio potluck.
- Great central location downtown, in the trendy Entertainment District.
- A bike storage room and shower.
- Opportunities to continuously challenge yourself, innovate, and improve.
Points, publicly traded as Points International Ltd. (TSX: PTS; NASDAQ: PCOM), is the global leader in loyalty currency management. Via a state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platform, Points provides loyalty eCommerce and technology solutions to the world's top brands to enhance their consumer offerings and streamline their back-end operations.
Points’ solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies ranging from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards, for more than 45 partners worldwide. In addition to these services, Points’ unique SaaS products allow eCommerce merchants to add loyalty solutions directly to their online stores, rewarding customers for purchases at the point-of-sale.
Points has been widely recognized among the loyalty and technology communities alike. The Company was named the 4th largest Canadian software company and the 40th largest Canadian technology company by the 2013 Branham300 list. Points also ranked 40th among PROFIT Magazine's top 200 Canadian companies by five-year revenue growth. For more information on Points, please visit www.Points.com, follow us @PointsBiz on Twitter or read the Points Loyalty News blog.
We take pride in our energetic team environment and strive to create a balanced and rewarding workplace. At Points.com, we communicate directly, lead by example, and ensure that all of our team members know just how much they are appreciated. Come join the team!
Indeed - 9 months ago
BearingPoint, Inc. (BearingPoint) is a provider of management and technology consulting services to Forbes Global 2000 companies, as well as...