The Podollan Group successfully operates Boutique hotel, resort and extended stay properties in Alberta and British Columbia. The Podollan Inn & Rez-idence, located in Fort McMurray, Alberta, has an immediate opening for a DOS. This position requires a dynamic individual who has proven sales history, excellent customer relationship management skills and understands the importance of Customer Experience Management. This sales professional provides leadership and guidance in the development and successful execution of the hotels strategic business and sales and marketing plan. The DOS implements activities to generate and maximize overall revenues both internally and externally. Being part of the executive team, the DOS will lead in the establishment of sales targets in all market segments, participate in the development of annual budgets and projections, provide account activity and summary reports, will contribute to yield optimization strategies, and all other avenues that will maximize hotel revenue and increase customer satisfaction.
Reporting to the General Manager, the DOS is an exemplary leader having extraordinary communication and motivational skills that are driven by a passion to succeed in the hospitality industry. The successful candidate is engaging and maintains interdepartmental communications, contributes to the direction and operational aspects to control expenses, trains all team members to become sales people and stimulates, guides and supports the sales of ancillary departments and services including directing and overseeing and sales of catering and events.
Requirements: This position is perfect for those with Hotel school certification and/or having distinguished themselves in hotel sales with at least two years of active sales experience.
- Must have excellent presentation skills and the ability to relate to all levels of management.
- Prospect, qualify and develop accounts to meet projected goals.
- Communicate with departments within the hotel, other Podollan hotels, resorts and extended stay properties as well as with the corporate sales and marketing office to maximize selling opportunities
- Possess excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Proficiency to project account life cycle total spend
- Have a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry including catering, banquet and events planning.
- Collect market and competitive intelligence to assess and implement strategy and long term goals
- Ability to understand and interpret financial data and prepare and submit plans, budgets, monthly progress reports, forecasts and annual sales reports
- Build an engaged and success orientated sales culture within the hotel
- Outstanding negotiating skills, decision making capabilities, resourcefulness to conduct independent research and gather information to fully understand our market
- Expert knowledge of total hotel revenue management concepts, processes and strategies, including sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing and inventory management
- Have knowledge of market dynamics, anticipates opportunities and risks
- Displays extensive knowledge of all sales and social media channels
- Experience in repositioning an asset
- Stimulate productivity of sales at every contact point staff engage with customers
- Loyalty reward management experience and promotes all corporate programs to increase customer awareness of Podollan Group of hotels, resorts and extended stay properties and ensures that the customer receives the appropriate benefits of the rewards program.
- Clearly articulates vision, goals, initiatives and expectations for the Hotel
- Commitment to superior customer service
- Assists with various assignments as assigned
If you meet these qualifications and are ready to start a rewarding and exciting career please send a copy of your resume.
Job Available: Immediately
Bonus Plan: Yes
Work Permit Needed: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Indeed - 6 months ago
An exciting new hybrid in hospitality awaits, marrying the comforts of home with the services of luxury hotels. Podollan Inns, Spa and...