PNC Bank

PNC Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good coworkers
Test Lead / Coordinator (Former Employee), PittsburghApril 1, 2013
good coworkers to work with in a team environment.

Long hours of work day
productive
Teller (Former Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHDecember 18, 2014
Pros: caeteria
Cons: short breaks
great place to work. the employers care about you as a person.
Great for college grads
Senior Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Morrestown, NJDecember 18, 2014
I started working at PNC when I graduated from college and it was good to learn how to work in a fast pace environment. Now the pay is not great at all but the experience you can not put a price on
Supervising many direct reports, relationship banking no force selling
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Stuart, FLDecember 17, 2014
Supervising many direct reports, relationship banking no force selling
Regional Facilitator
Regional Facilitator (Current Employee), Regional headquarters in Washington DcDecember 16, 2014
Pros: have the opportunity to positive impact the new hire experience
Cons: no advancement opportunity, low pay, budget cuts and layoffs occuring
I manage new hire employees upon entrance to the company.
Complete their I9 and EEV verifications
Training entry level to executives on job various job descriptions
traveling 75% of the time on the east coast
Worked my way up
Collateral Clerk (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 16, 2014
Pros: day care provided in emergency use
Cons: low pay, felt like just another number in the company
When I started there, I started in lock box as just data entry, but I found that I needed more stimulation and took it upon myself to learn the modules and running the TRP machines, until I finally made work lead in the area. There was no movement upwards, became stuck in the same spot until I moved to Collateral Clerk position.
Nepotism talent need not apply!
Underwriter (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 16, 2014
Pros: you have a job
Cons: poor managment, minimal career advancement opportunities, nepotism
I worked out of the operations center. At first they hired me to a good position with promises of work life balance and a cooperative work environment and career growth.
Instead I found an environment rife with turmoil, in office back biting, ineffective and abusive leadership. Every time and I do mean every time when the management had an opportunity – more... to show that they believed and stood by the core principals professed by the company... like say every employee matters... they not only showed no empathy to employees but buried them under the excuse "the companies needs".
Also don't expect to have your ideas and attempts at collaborative teamwork and sharing to be valued. Unless sanctioned by the upper management down you are not to be a high performer as this may reflect poorly on the abilities of other longer tenured employees and in turn hurt how they look. Oh and when doing your job do not do it so well you get recognized by higher ups for your effort! If you are given a plaque, trophy, certificate to hang on the wall try and hide it don't display it even if asked to by that upper management as your tenured co-workers and direct management will begin to make your life miserable and throw you under the bus anytime possible. – less
Very good place to learn
Investor Manager Workstation (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 16, 2014
Pros: very good place to learn
Cons: not in india
Very good place to learn Very good place to learn Very good place to learn Very good place to learn Very good place to learn
Stable work evironment
Financial Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 15, 2014
PNC is a good company to work for if you are looking for good, stable work that does not ask for much of a commitment above 40 hours. The compensation and benefits leave much to be desired.
fun place to work, great coworkers
Trust Operations Support Accountant II (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 13, 2014
Reconcile plan and participant level statements for assigned client retirement plans.
Utilize Schwab RT system to enter trades on behalf of retirement plans.
Coordinate and process adjustments on individual retirement plans.
Collaborate with other internal departments to ensure accuracy of transactions processed.
Provide assistance with dividend and – more... fee processing for assigned book of retirement plans. – less
A Somewhat Challenging IT Culture
VICE PRESIDENT/SENIOR TECHNOLOGY RISK OFFICER (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 11, 2014
Most of the challenge in moving forward or making changes is that the wheels move at a snail's pace, and communication between teams can be non-existent. On the other hand, the people are great, PNC understands its employees have a life outside of work, and there is a lot of flexibility.
employee focused, great advancement potential
Consumer Default Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 11, 2014
Supervised, coached, and led employees on collection strategies, monthly department goals, and all performance and regulatory expectations. Provided team(s) and senior managers with various daily and monthly performance reports. Optimized the overall customer experience by conducting frequent side-by-side coaching.
Enforced Consumer Default policies, – more... procedures and quality assurance measures.Assisted technology partners in the development and launch of various system and technology implementations. – less
PCG
Private Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Dublin, OHDecember 11, 2014
Working directly with clients and a team of financial specialist to create a personalized financial plan.
Nice place to work for
Accounts Benefits Advisor - LFSC (Former Employee), Holland, PADecember 11, 2014
Pros: loyal, helpful in trying to fulfill your career dreams and education assistance.
Cons: long hours and saturdays
Enjoyed this company. The people I worked with and the customers were wonderful. I only left because I thought I was going to a better career choice and opportunity.
PNC Bank...
Financial Consultant I (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, incentives, bonuses, pto, vto
Cons: no flexibility, micromanagement
Working at PNC has many Pros/Cons like any company.. I must say that this company has a lot of "micromanagement" which can make its employees uncomfortable as well as no flexibility with a work/school/personal life balance.. but they offer a lot of benefits.
Teller
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Huber Heights, OHDecember 9, 2014
Pros: felxible scheduling, great benefits, amazing people to work with
Cons: no cons
Overall great company to work for. Would handle large sums of cash per day, company was great with training.
Good company for upward mobility elsewhere
VP Financial Advisor (Former Employee), FloridaDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great bank staff
Cons: low relative comp & no expense account
I worked for PNC Investments for two years. I was a top performer in my area. The bank staff is first class and engaged. Management is only focused on their goals not why or how you achieve them. Pay is well below market average. I never worked as hard for the compensation I earned.
Team environment, lots to learn, will help in future endeavours.
Teller (Current Employee), Bradford, PADecember 9, 2014
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: healthdcare is expensive
My typical day at work would include signing on to my computer and catching up on emails, news reports about the company and reviewing company policies and procedures. I've learned that teamwork is the base to all accomplishments and learning everyday makes me a be better employee. The management is encouraging with my daily work and aides where needed. – more... My co-workers are great people, they have been in the banking industry for quite a while, so I can learn from them everyday. The hardest part of the job is taking in all the new information that the bank has to offer. The most enjoyable part of the job is the clients that visit me at the bank, they make my days a lot easier and more enjoyable. – less
Do not work for pnc
Teller (Former Employee), Lansing, MIDecember 9, 2014
Pros: awesome customers
Cons: manager
Fired because I did not fit in and they were sure to bring up that it was close to my 90 days anyway. I was pt regular.
Great People and Great Enviorment
Financial Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Highland Park, ILDecember 7, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: pay not great
Open accounts, work on account maintenance, and advised customer on products that would best assist their financial needs.

Responsible for maintaining and balancing personal drawer as well as bank vault on a daily basis.

Order and verify money to ensure availability for all tellers and customers.

Initiate the selling of PNC products to customers – more... and refer them to the appropriate branch profession for further assistance.

Process wire-transfers, loan applications and other legal documents such as Power of Attorney documents. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About PNC Bank

Achievement with a purpose. At PNC, we believe that everyone has the potential to achieve great things. PNC has become one – Read more