PNC Bank
1,120 reviews

PNC Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great for growth and advancement
Customer Service Associate, Teller (Current Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: job growth and benefits
Work is non-stop customer service. I've learned patience and time manangement. My co-workers are awesome. The hardest part of the job is telling a customer NO. The most enjoyable part of my is a happy customer.
good coworkers
Test Lead / Coordinator (Former Employee), PittsburghApril 1, 2013
good coworkers to work with in a team environment.

Long hours of work day
Teller (Current Employee), Sterling, VA, USFebruary 11, 2013
PNC is a great place to work at. I have learned a lot since i have been here and i am learning something new everyday. I appreciate everything PNC has offered me.
Management is more concerned with quanity rather than quality
Investigations (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 26, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: lack of training
Compensation is better than other jobs I have had, however management does not clearly communicate expectations nor do they seem concerned about employees.
PNC Bank
Senior Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Moorestown, NJJuly 25, 2014
Pros: what i learned about how my job effected the other jobs in the department.
Cons: incredibly low raises. especially when the bank boasted of how many billions they made each quarter.
I worked in a lockbox at PNC. We had several daily deadlines that we tried to meet with proficiency and accuracy. I learned to see how the way I did my job affected the rest of my department.

My co workers were efficient and I developed some valuable friendships while I worked for PNC which I will have the rest of my life.

Hardest part of the job – more... was when management would not allow me to stay past my shift to help the other shifts. I know that there was a budget to be watched, but I thought getting work processed was more important because it effected the customers' finances.

Most enjoyable part of my job was completing my work and helping the other shifts keep up with their work.

What did I think of management? I realize the office manager had to do what the corporate managers told them to do, but I believe corporate was too concerned with PNC's profits and not enough about meeting the customer's needs. They seem to have forgotten that if enough customers got disgusted and left PNC, the bank would start losing business and their profits would go down. – less
Learning/Growing and Engagement
Training Facilitator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2014
Everyday we have the opportunities to learn and grow our own career path. One of the main goals that we look to accomplish is to create engagement with our employees which makes for a better working environment.
Able to Move up
Universal Branch Consultant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 24, 2014
A great place to learn and grow as an employee as well as a person.
Great coaching and support
Customer Service Associate / Full time teller (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks; incentives; great coaching
Cons: compensation
PNC is a great company to work for. Their commitment to coaching and training is truly outstanding! I loved working in different areas of the branch and being utilized anywhere I was needed. You truly have to have a passion for customer service when working there, and of course like any other banking position, thick skin because you are working with – more... our customers money. You need to be able to say NO or tell them why their account is over drawn, or say why their loan was not approved. PNC is known for being the most conservative banks around, but I was a very proud member of PNC and will always be thankful for my time there! I learned a great deal, and had an awesome experience. Banking is fun, and it's all about the kinds of conversations you have with the customers to uncover their needs. – less
Great place to work at just low pay
Retail banking teller (Current Employee), Manassas, VAJuly 22, 2014
I love working for PNC, just wish the pay rate was better. Much lower when compared to other retail banks.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 20, 2014
ASSISTED CUSTOMERS WITH FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS. WHILE AT PNC, I LEARNED MANY DIFFERENT THINGS ABOUT THE FINANCIAL REALM. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS DEALING WITH IRATE CUSTOMERS. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS DEVELOPING RELATIONSHIPS WITH CUSTOMERS AND COWORKERS
Great place to work and good benefits
Teller (Current Employee), Edwardsville, ILJuly 18, 2014
Process customer transactions related to deposits, loan payments, withdrawals, and account transfers.
Provide excellent customer service.
Backed-up the teller supervisor when necessary to manage the branch cash vault.
Enjoyed working as part of team where opinions were acknowledged and sometimes implemented.

The hardest part of the job is providing – more... excellent customer service to challenging customers. While challenging, it always helps to sharpen my skill set. – less
Fun place to work
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee), West Chester, PAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: feels good to make a difference in someones life, to be able to help them financially
Cons: low wage.
Able to assist consumers to meet their financial goals.
Able to assist consumers to meet their financial goals.
Good Place to work
Data Control Processor (Former Employee), Philadelphia,paJuly 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch one's month
Cons: short breaks twice a day
I have been in Data Control Process up to the day I have to relocate in 2012 I have learn new work in Data Control as there have been several changes. I took every opportunity to learn what was giving to me. Maintained accounting systems utilized for foreign and domestic securities trading.
Management- door was always open for any concerns and issues
co-workers- – more... I can get along and work well with others.
hardest part- of the job is time getting trades ticket out in a timely manner.
I enjoy most able Data Control that we was a small department that we got the job done. – less
Financial sales consultant
Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 17, 2014
Responsible for opening new accounts, loans, helping customers establish new lines of credit, along with providing excellent customer service to existing and future clients
co-workers
Teller/customer service (Current Employee), Palos Hills, ILJuly 17, 2014
We have a great team. Everything is done wright the first time, customers are satisfied and sales goals are met do to the team work.
good place
Teller (Former Employee), Bay City, MIJuly 17, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: non
fun busy and always something to do. customer service is a must for this pwostion
Wonderful work environment
Document Clerk (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2014
Worked mostly independently; focused on preparing and filing documents. Loved to work with computers. My favorite part of the job was giving out paychecks to employees and seeing them smile!
No chance of full time teller work at PNC.
Teller (Former Employee), MDJuly 17, 2014
Pros: employees are friendly.
Cons: money is bad.
PNC is trying to do away with tellers. The opening positions are all part-time. They encourage ATM and mobile deposits. They want employees to do teller and platform work at below average teller salary.
Call center environment, very busy phone lines, management is available for serious calls, great benefits, employee oriented.
Customer Service / Wealth Management (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: every once in a while free lunches, great benefits, discounts on different things in town
Cons: wages
Although I feel the pay grades were not very high, I felt PNC was very employee oriented otherwise. They are also very customer oriented, which is helpful if you are working in customer service. If you work hard and meet goals, you can increase your wages. There are opportunities to move into other areas of the call center. After one year, you can apply – more... to other areas within the entire bank. – less
Productive work place
ETL Technical LEad (Current Employee), OHJuly 16, 2014
• 7+ years of dynamic experience in Information Technology involving analysis, design and integration of Datawarehouses using ETL, Data Warehousing tools and Web applications.
• Extensive experience in analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance of ETL using Informatica PowerCenter 8.x/9.x

1 2 3 4 5

About PNC Bank

Achievement with a purpose. At PNC, we believe that everyone has the potential to achieve great things. PNC has become one – Read more