PMC Sierra Employee Reviews

Lunches
Pay­roll/ Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 March 2016
PMC Sierra was one the best places I have worked at the Pay-roll team that was there was great along with every-one else in the building very casual and good environment to be around. Also when I was there they have just gotten acquired they now go by the name Micro-Semi so I had gotten to see some different changes happen fast which I found interesting.

10/10 Would work for them again.
Pros
Free Event's while on shift
Cons
Not really any con's.
Excellent place to grow your career
Help Desk/Desktop Support - Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 July 2012
PMC-Sierra is an organization that has very strong focus on work/life balance for its workers. There is a highly subsidized cafeteria on site and 2 free gymnasiums. The campus is large and well designed providing a great atmosphere to work. Managers focus on the growth and development of their staff.
Pros
subsidized cafeteria, free gymnasiums and career development
Cons
numerous layoffs make jobs unsecure
Very large company with people in cubicles
Software infrastructure CAD Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, CA6 July 2012
Basically any individualism is not allowed, you are part of the big machine and not an individual. If you like that kind of environment that is the place for you.
Cons
dead end job