PMC-Sierra

PMC-Sierra Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Co-op at PMC
Technology Access (Co-op) (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 29, 2013
Pros: competitive pay
Not the most organized management. I think its team dependent but I was basically treated like a tool (excluded from meetings, separated cubicle from the team, etc) I've never had a chance to meet the direct manager I report to during 4 months of co-op. Definitely was not a fun experience. Work is also meh.
top of the line team
Physical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 8, 2013
Pros: friendly environment, lots of good technical add-ons.
Cons: there could be better documentation.
Working at PMC-Sierra gave me this opportunity to learn current challenges in digital design especially designs that are happening in sub-threshold domain. I really loved those challenges and solving industrially demanding projects. It was a pleasure working in such a friendly and helpful team.
Productive and fun workplace with their own Starbucks.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 30, 2013
A typical day at work involved a morning review of my current task and problems I had found in transforming the SAP data.

I learned about how the business recognizes revenue and how this feeds the demand summary reports, OLAP cubes and ultimately Demantra for sales forecasting.

My co-workers were a mix of contract and long term employees, it was fun to talk to them about their experiences at PMC.
IC Physical Design Engineer
IC Physical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCAugust 16, 2012
• Block level physical design, including layout, static timing analysis, physical verification, etc.
• Formal verification (LEC), DFT stitching, Synthesis
• Static timing analysis and physical verification (DRC/LVS)
• Power EM and IR drop analysis
• 28nm customer cells development and LEF/LIB generations
• 28 power gating flow development based on ARM standard cells

About PMC-Sierra

PMC (NASDAQ:PMCS) is the semiconductor innovator transforming networks that connect, move and store digital content. Building – Read more