Production Supervisor - Afternoon Shift
Reporting to the Departmental Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for the day to day operation of their line(s). This includes production line supervision, safety awareness, and ensuring appropriate levels of staffing, quality, performance, output and implementing improvements to existing manufacturing processes.
- Provide daily time management information to payroll
- Have continual knowledge where the manufacturing cells are regarding Ply Gem’s/Gienow’s board cycle
- Physically be in attendance on the shop floor for 90% of the day
- Forward information to the relative departments regarding poor production data
- Ensure current efficiency targets are realized, while constantly looking to improve them
- Ensure all safety guidelines are followed and all line operations are run safely
- Make changes and recommendations to existing safety procedures
- Ensure all units meet or exceed the accepted PlyGem/Gienow quality specifications
- Ensure all QC documentation and testing is completed and filed for reference
- Ensure all performance reviews are completed in a timely fashion
- Deal with employee issues related to performance and attendance
- Assist in the recruitment and training of staff as needed
- Complete accident investigations and WCB reports in a timely manner
- Two years of manufacturing experience.
- Ability to supervise a staff of up to 40 people.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reliable, with the ability to maintain a high level of commitment.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and respond quickly to changing priorities.
If you believe you, or someone you know, is the right candidate for this opportunity, please forward a resume and covering letter to Human Resources by April 29, 2014.