POSITION SUMMARY & KEY GOALS:
To support and improve all production processes to achieve On-time & Complete plant targets and Divisional Objectives. This includes designing plant processes that increase throughput, quality of products manufactured and overall production flow. Create new equipment/jigs and tool criteria (including tool procurement) to effectively support production processes safely. Ensure that all new products introduced to the production floor are able to be manufactured effectively and in alignment with the above target goals. Lead and participate in improvement groups within our Operational Excellence program and Divisional Objectives. Coach staff through process improvements and lead root causes analysis on issues that impact plant effectiveness.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Special Skills/Tools/Experience & Qualifications):
- Post-secondary education in engineering or equivalent manufacturing experience.
- Minimum 2 – 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment manufacturing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD (Inventor would be an asset)
- Excellent problem solving skills, Project management experience, effective prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent communications, mediation and people interface and time management skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a positive, flexible, team structure.
- Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement experience
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Major Role/Activity Focus):
-Conduct production line flow balancing (including Takt)
-Value stream mapping,
-Engineering changes (permanent & temporary),
-Job Safety Analysis,
-MPDR’s, PDR’s, Saw uploads, etc.
-Conduct labor change requests (including Time studies)
-Prepare Engineering work instructions
-Prepare opportunity documentation outlining benefits to the company and Return on Investment evaluations (ROIs).
-Carry out shop floor associate training.
-Participate and lead 5S audits
-Design Jigs, fixture and other tooling as needed.
-Prepare machine specifications for vendor quotation.
- Project Manage/Lead and Participate in Divisional Objectives and MPDR Projects including; plant layout changes, physical moves of equipment, manage work from outside Subcontractors.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ply Gem, we make it possible for the nation's residential builders, remodelers and architects to design, build and update beautiful,...