Plus One Health Management

Plus One Health Management Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Locker Room Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 4, 2014
Pros: free membership at the gym
Working for PLUS ONE was a great experience ,a typical day would start by getting amenities cleaned ready for gym members to us.Every day presented its self with new challenges but my co-workers and myself would always manage to meet the need of the members and management . Most enjoyable part of my job was getting the appreciation for the gym members – more... and how much they enjoyed working out their. – less
Less than stellar work environment
Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Lisle, ILOctober 5, 2014
Slower paced work environment than typical fitness facilities. Management was not always on the ball or present with employees.
Great college job
Exercise Specialist (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAAugust 21, 2014
Good education support for full time employees. Great benefits for full time employees. Unfortunately base salary is the same across the nation; this should absolutely change and is not logical in any way. Plusone management may be powerless depending on the cite location. The cite I was at was to controlling, which made the team less successful.
ice
Facility Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2014
clean was good
safing life is hard
my coworkers are ok
and that's it
Challenges
Exercise Specialist (Former Employee), JacksonvilleApril 22, 2014
Because the company is spread out all over the country there is little oversight of site managers. Many of them are honest hard working people but some of them are not.
Must be pro-active in this company
Trainer (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 7, 2014
This company provides you with opportunities for personal advancement (raises, stipends for degrees/certifications) if you are a full time employee, you just have to be pro-active and seek them out. Each location is different, some better than others, I love where I work!
Fun place to work at and rewarding health wise.
Health Exercise specialist (Current Employee), Fremont, CADecember 29, 2013
Pros: five days a week for the most part.
Cons: hard to move up.
I like working for the company, I was able to meet many good people and work with them. I was able to teach classes and train.

The day starts early 5am or 6 am, one would work 8 hour shift.
You will learn how to launch health and wellness programs. You also are able to take on-line short lectures to advance your knowledge.
For the most part you will – more... have one or two co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is to get people to participate in programs and keep them active.
You will not take your job home. – less
Lay back and relax
Receptionist/Customer Service (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 7, 2013
I enjoy working at Plus One, my co-workers are cool and always professional.
Positive and healthy environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CA and Manhattan, NYMay 23, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, firm grasp on terrific customer service
Cons: prone to micro-management, less than desirable salary offers
I've worked at two different Plus One sites and have had nothing but positive experiences. As a customer service professional, I have to give Plus One all of the credit for the customer service skills that I hold today: there's a great program for all Plus One employees called "P.R.I.D.E", which really does help increase your knowledge and skills in – more... customer service. It also allows you to communicate with other Plus One employees all over the country.

I've had nothing but great experiences with other Plus One employees. My main reason for leaving was salary-related. I feel that the salaries tend to stray more on the 'entry-level' side of the spectrum, which is totally understandable, considering I was a receptionist.

Overall, I'm a very satisfied previous Plus One employee: with the experienced gained while previously working with this company, I've been able to grow and attain a higher position elsewhere with nearly twice my previous salary. – less
Great People, Poor Work life
CHQ (Former Employee), New YorkMay 13, 2013
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: lack of organization, terrible compensation, office is ironically not healthy, unrealistic workloads, no work-life balance
Great overall mission and nice people to work with, but not a place to grow your career
fun work place, serious fun, exciting event every month
Front Desk Administrator (Current Employee), 1111 bagby houston, tx 77002May 6, 2013
Pros: motivational speakers
Learned the foundations to great customer service. Learned to surpass ones fear of not being to complete a challenge. Experience different ethnic cultures and learn from one another.
Don't Be Fooled
General Manager (Former Employee), IllinoisApril 30, 2013
Pros: in-house education
Cons: low pay, treated like a janitor, little to no vacation/holidays, not family friendly, corporate office in ny unresponsive to staff
This company will work you to death. In order to low-bid their competitor, Plus One forces managers to do towel service (dirty towels, laundry, etc), filling shampoo bottles, toiletries. They want you to clean several times a day with a masters or bachelors degree! They won't tell you about the back breaking cleaning and towel service until you have – more... been hired. On top of that you are responsible for managing the fitness center and selling personal training. Try selling yourself as an expert in fitness while picking up bins of dirty, wet towels. Members actually made fun of us.

There is no work-life balance. You may start off with set hours but eventually they will either cut someone's throat or someone will quit. Then you will be responsible for working the missing person's shift on-top of your own. What does that mean? You day could start at 5am and end at 11pm for weeks on end. BTW you won't get overtime doing this because you are salaried and locked in at as low a salary as they can get away with. You are always on call and may get calls about the facility at any and all hours of the night. If you have a family or want to have a family, then this is not the place for you.

Turnover is high and the work environment is cut throat. The only positive that I can list is that they encourage continuing education which is done in-house and usually led by your co-worker. So the blind leading the blind.

Most of your day at work will not include the things that fitness staff would normally do (personal training, group fitness, nutrition). Instead, they outsource those services to part-time staff. You are also discouraged from working out in their facilities, even though the benefits package says you can workout there. I switched to one of Plus One's competitor's for better work conditions and to be treated like a human-not a work horse. My time there was hell but at least now I'm with a good company and not a subcontractor. – less
Terrible company to work for
Manager (Former Employee), CaliforniaMarch 23, 2013
They are only about the clients. Upper management such as vice presidents and presidents do not support the middle management. They set up employees for FAILURE!! Was replaced by someone within the company returning from medical leave because this employee was terminated from a different site. I was aware of this because some of the members at the fitness – more... center had told me. The manager who had replaced me called me and told me the truth. – less
Great place for building experience but not long term career
Site Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2013
Pros: opportunity for growth; great workplace ambiance depending in site
Cons: compensation not competitive; low chq support;
Working for Plus One can be a great opportunity for growth and career advancement. Compensation is not always attractive and there's higher expectations with less pay. Company has a potential of becoming the best if only they could retain top leaders and increase CHQ support. The best part was truly the site team environment regardless of any situation.
Great place to learn and grow
General Manager and Personal Trainer (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 16, 2012
Pros: doing what i love to do, great opportunities
Cons: better work/lfe balance
Currently manage 8,000 sq. ft facility during the day, train clients in the evening. Learned every aspect of the fitness industry and honed my skills. Management is terrific, love the company and co-workers. The long hours are the hardest part, being away from my family and having to work 15 hours a day to make a living to support my family is too much – more... to bear for a sustainable work life balance given a long enough time line. I love what I do and helping people improve their quality of life and longevity is what I have been trained to do. I would like to find a better balance for myself and my family. – less
Super Professional and nice!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New YorkAugust 12, 2012
Pros: free workout; access to professional resources; education
Cons: wearing a uniform and a name tag
Plus One gives me a very professional career path. I started as an Exercise Specialist and I'm working my way up to management - I'm an Assistant Manager. They have helpful and caring people who want you to learn and do well. I am having a very positive experience. A typical day at work means I'm helping members with their workouts, doing orientations, – more... maybe teaching a class, doing some paperwork. They want to see you talking to members and helping them achieve a positive result from their experience. My co-workers are great - they are professional, helpful - like family - we all help each other out. The hardest part of the job is demanding clientele. The clientele expects excellent service and its hard to be "on" all the time, but you learn to do it. The most enjoyable part of the job is the working exnviroment and the members. They are so appreciative when you help them - its very rewarding. – less
Professional and ethical environment
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee), NY, NJJuly 13, 2012
Nice group of caring managers who are available to support you along the way. A perfect place if you enjoy teaching classes but don't like "the club scene". Members are very appreciative of your knowledge.
loved this comapny!
Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 5, 2012
out any other company ive worked for this company has to be by far the best company i've ever worked for. everything down to corporate is excellent. management, staff, etc.. all fantastic people.
Awesome Job
Weekend Receptionsit (Current Employee), 450 West 33rd Street New York, NY 10001February 13, 2012
I love this job! Everyone is really nice and they always offer help when it's needed.
Best Company
receptionist (Former Employee), new york, nyDecember 29, 2011
Never had an issue with this company. Management is excellent both corporate and on site, staff are team players, and its an overall good company to work for.

About Plus One Health Management

A healthy bottom line, not a flabby one, is the goal of Plus One Holdings. The company¬†designs, develops, and manages¬†fitness – Read more