Plus One Health Management Employee Reviews

Nice Work Environment
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY12 June 2016
Enjoyable work environment, nice balance of teamwork and autonomy. Most difficult part of the job was addressing multiple tasks all with strict deadlines.
Pros
Professional and friendly work environment
Cons
More training and and support needed with PeopleSoft HRIS
Good work place
Locker Room/Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NY22 September 2016
Great place to work professional and up beat staff I will recommend this place to work at for anyone if your looking for a change in field for health conscience and stability
Not worth it
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Florida9 November 2016
Not a strong company to build your future. Upper Management (corporate regional ) are untrustworthy.

Backstabbing is a norm.

They are not known in any state , with the exception of NY(maybe)
Great company
GENERAL MANAGEMENT/SALES (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT23 May 2016
Enjoyed the Mon-Fri schedule and work life balance. Every company has hiccups but this company I enjoyed working for was consistently good. I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers and managers. I loved the culture!
Great Company Overall but the ExxonMobil Site was a different story...
Fitness Director / Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring, TX17 November 2015
My experience with Plus One continues to have it's ups and downs. The overall company culture is what I was looking for but my particular site is ran more like a commercial gym. I worked in commercial gyms for over 10 years and didn't like the cutthroat culture where you're constantly looking over your shoulder because of management or team members. I was recruited by Plus One, and although I've been very successful in my position, my site is not a place I would recommend working for or a place I would consider an enjoyable work atmosphere.
Pros
Education Stipend, Good Benefits, Flexible Schedule
Cons
No 401K Matching, Politics, Limited Growth
Fun work place
Exercise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OR23 December 2015
Great place to work. Have a good manger, and good work and life balance within the company. The client is great to work for, always able to get something done that we need in a timely manner.
Corporate fitness facility
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, PA26 June 2015
My internship with his company was terrific. I was very pleased with the manager and the environment I was in. Although we were at a very small facility, making connections with the members was what made the day so fulfilling. I really enjoyed my time with PlusOne.
Locker Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY4 November 2014
Working for PLUS ONE was a great experience ,a typical day would start by getting amenities cleaned ready for gym members to us.Every day presented its self with new challenges but my co-workers and myself would always manage to meet the need of the members and management . Most enjoyable part of my job was getting the appreciation for the gym members and how much they enjoyed working out their.
Pros
free membership at the gym
Cons
Unique work environment in delivering wellness product within clients' site.
Exercise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX13 January 2015
Very engaging with clients' employees and developing exercise programs for his/her well-being.
Able to interact with executive personnel in creating incentive programs to emphasize healthy culture and lifestyle at work.
offer lots of incentives like cash prizes, free snack food and party events.
Fun place to work at and rewarding health wise.
Health Exercise specialist (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CA29 December 2013
I like working for the company, I was able to meet many good people and work with them. I was able to teach classes and train.

The day starts early 5am or 6 am, one would work 8 hour shift.
You will learn how to launch health and wellness programs. You also are able to take on-line short lectures to advance your knowledge.
For the most part you will have one or two co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is to get people to participate in programs and keep them active.
You will not take your job home.
Pros
Five days a week for the most part.
Cons
Hard to move up.
Great place to learn and grow
General Manager and Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY16 August 2012
Currently manage 8,000 sq. ft facility during the day, train clients in the evening. Learned every aspect of the fitness industry and honed my skills. Management is terrific, love the company and co-workers. The long hours are the hardest part, being away from my family and having to work 15 hours a day to make a living to support my family is too much to bear for a sustainable work life balance given a long enough time line. I love what I do and helping people improve their quality of life and longevity is what I have been trained to do. I would like to find a better balance for myself and my family.
Pros
doing what i love to do, great opportunities
Cons
better work/lfe balance
Great place for building experience but not long term career
Site Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NY21 March 2013
Working for Plus One can be a great opportunity for growth and career advancement. Compensation is not always attractive and there's higher expectations with less pay. Company has a potential of becoming the best if only they could retain top leaders and increase CHQ support. The best part was truly the site team environment regardless of any situation.
Pros
opportunity for growth; great workplace ambiance depending in site
Cons
compensation not competitive; low chq support;
Terrible company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  California23 March 2013
They are only about the clients. Upper management such as vice presidents and presidents do not support the middle management. They set up employees for FAILURE!! Was replaced by someone within the company returning from medical leave because this employee was terminated from a different site. I was aware of this because some of the members at the fitness center had told me. The manager who had replaced me called me and told me the truth.
Great college job
Exercise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA21 August 2014
Good education support for full time employees. Great benefits for full time employees. Unfortunately base salary is the same across the nation; this should absolutely change and is not logical in any way. Plusone management may be powerless depending on the cite location. The cite I was at was to controlling, which made the team less successful.
No room for growth
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Not Given17 June 2015
Best part of my day is working with my members, especially my personal training clients. My current direct report is amazing..however corporate support to the site level is awful.
Must be pro-active in this company
Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY7 January 2014
This company provides you with opportunities for personal advancement (raises, stipends for degrees/certifications) if you are a full time employee, you just have to be pro-active and seek them out. Each location is different, some better than others, I love where I work!
fun work place, serious fun, exciting event every month
Front Desk Administrator (Current Employee) –  1111 bagby houston, tx 770026 May 2013
Learned the foundations to great customer service. Learned to surpass ones fear of not being to complete a challenge. Experience different ethnic cultures and learn from one another.
Pros
Motivational Speakers
Super Professional and nice!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York12 August 2012
Plus One gives me a very professional career path. I started as an Exercise Specialist and I'm working my way up to management - I'm an Assistant Manager. They have helpful and caring people who want you to learn and do well. I am having a very positive experience. A typical day at work means I'm helping members with their workouts, doing orientations, maybe teaching a class, doing some paperwork. They want to see you talking to members and helping them achieve a positive result from their experience. My co-workers are great - they are professional, helpful - like family - we all help each other out. The hardest part of the job is demanding clientele. The clientele expects excellent service and its hard to be "on" all the time, but you learn to do it. The most enjoyable part of the job is the working exnviroment and the members. They are so appreciative when you help them - its very rewarding.
Pros
free workout; access to professional resources; education
Cons
wearing a uniform and a name tag
Professional and ethical environment
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  NY, NJ13 July 2012
Nice group of caring managers who are available to support you along the way. A perfect place if you enjoy teaching classes but don't like "the club scene". Members are very appreciative of your knowledge.
Great People, Poor Work life
CHQ (Former Employee) –  New York13 May 2013
Great overall mission and nice people to work with, but not a place to grow your career
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
lack of organization, terrible compensation, office is ironically not healthy, unrealistic workloads, no work-life balance