Plus One Health Management Employee Reviews

Great company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX27 November 2017
Love working for Plus One. Minimal advancement opportunities. Corporate fitness is very low stress. Also leads to less of a challenge mentally. Definitely a self driven role.
Great Benefits!
Exercise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT1 October 2017
Plus One is a great company in that the entire fitness department is standardized nationwide. It has its own in-house software and marketing department which make site operations run smoothly.
One Giant Clique
EXERCISE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  confidential14 September 2017
If they like you then there is nothing to worry about. But the company is one giant clique. Hard work goes unrecognized. And upward mobility is impossible unless you brown nose regardless if you are a great employee otherwise. I have seen many individual passed up for positions they deserved for individuals who were "liked".
Little opportunity for advancement and income increase
Exercise Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NY13 September 2017
Management is petty and let their personal feelings towards others influence their actions. Unfair. They do not value good employees enough. They treat everyone like they are disposable for the most unfair reasons.
Excellent Company to work for
ACE Certified PT/ FiTour GFI (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA9 September 2017
Plus One now Optum is a great company to work for. All the managers at the managed fitness facilities are very approachable and helpful in supporting instructors and trainers. Pay is very fair and opportunity to increase income and position are very accessible
Pros
no cost educational opportunities
Positive work environment
Lead Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Black Hawk, CO27 May 2017
I would recommend this place to anyone! Great team, great benefits, positive work environment with team players, work functions, and an overall great experience!
Pros
Free lunch, great benefits beautiful environment
Cons
Long commute if you live in the city
Health Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, MA25 May 2017
A great place to work. Professional, state of the art, fitness professionals on top of their game. Facilities clean and equipment is the newest available.
Good Company
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts27 February 2017
This is a great company to work for if health and fitness is your passion. Enjoyable work experience, nice work life balance, management is professional.
I love to work with small groups to help them reach their fitness goals
Fitness trainer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK22 February 2017
I am glad to be a part of plus one team. The macromanagement had allow me to grow . I look forward to see my clients and encourage them toward their goals .
Pros
Small group
Cons
Equipments
Not worth it
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Florida9 November 2016
Not a strong company to build your future. Upper Management (corporate regional ) are untrustworthy.

Backstabbing is a norm.

They are not known in any state , with the exception of NY(maybe)
A very rewarding job that requires an outgoing personality and a driven character.
Exercise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX6 October 2016
I have enjoyed teaching group exercise while also training my clients in one-on-one sessions. This job requires you to be a professional at many levels other than just teaching and training. Administration work, membership retention, and creating new programs are always included in this job description.
Good work place
Locker Room/Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NY22 September 2016
Great place to work professional and up beat staff I will recommend this place to work at for anyone if your looking for a change in field for health conscience and stability
Great company
GENERAL MANAGEMENT/SALES (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT23 May 2016
Enjoyed the Mon-Fri schedule and work life balance. Every company has hiccups but this company I enjoyed working for was consistently good. I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers and managers. I loved the culture!
Disappointed - Not The Experience or Company I Thought It Would Be
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV12 March 2016
I have worked in corporate wellness for the last 8 years, with 3 different companies who all fall within the top 5 corporate wellness companies. When the company I was previously working for lost their contract with the client site, I was excited to learn our new contract would be with Plus One Health Management, as I had an interest in them for several years and was finally getting an opportunity to work for them.

Through our transition, we also went through a change in district managers, and the work load was very overwhelming, I felt as though the training process was not well planned and there was little guidance and support given by the DMs and HR. They seem to put a lot of pressure and responsibility on the GMs and ask a lot of them that becomes unrealistic to manage at times, yet have unrealistic expectations. It would be nice to be delegate some of the easier tasks to exercise specialists in order to allow GMs to have more time to focus on higher priority items and manage time better.

I was unhappy with the HR team at Plus One. They are very slow to respond to questions, and you usually have to follow up with them 2+ times before you get a response. What happen to a 24hr email etiquette.

Upper management is not supportive to middle management, and feel at times you are being set up for FAILURE, not success. They knit pick every little thing with little willingness to help you improve or understand their personal expectations. Upper management needs to be better trained on job performance process and procedures, and coach all team members in the same manner.
  more... Proper opportunities to improve and show growth is not given, especially if you are working for them in an "at will state."

I had an experience with both of my staff where I had received 3 complaints in one day from members of our facility. Customer service is one job responsibility that Plus One holds at very high regards. This was not being met by my team members. I reached out to my DM for advice on how to handle this situation, as we were in the early stages of transiting from our old company to Plus One. His reply was, "let's not take this to HR, let's deal with this ourselves." I trusted in my upper management to guide me correctly, but later discovered this was not the case, as I was being wrongfully written up and terminated without job coaching for a performance concern while team members were falling short of the high expectation held in regards to customer service. Which I view to be a high priority and standard to uphold in regards to job performance and requirements, as Plus One does as well according to their job descriptions.

Very disappointed in my overall experience. Not sure I'd recommend others to work with Plus One.
Pros
Wellness Incentive Program, Continuing Education Seminars Within
Cons
Upper Management, Lack of Support, Workload, Human Resources Team, Failure to Coach On Job Performance, Wrongful Terminations
Fun work place
Exercise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OR23 December 2015
Great place to work. Have a good manger, and good work and life balance within the company. The client is great to work for, always able to get something done that we need in a timely manner.
Great Company Overall but the ExxonMobil Site was a different story...
Fitness Director / Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring, TX17 November 2015
My experience with Plus One continues to have it's ups and downs. The overall company culture is what I was looking for but my particular site is ran more like a commercial gym. I worked in commercial gyms for over 10 years and didn't like the cutthroat culture where you're constantly looking over your shoulder because of management or team members. I was recruited by Plus One, and although I've been very successful in my position, my site is not a place I would recommend working for or a place I would consider an enjoyable work atmosphere.
Pros
Education Stipend, Good Benefits, Flexible Schedule
Cons
No 401K Matching, Politics, Limited Growth
Corporate fitness facility
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, PA26 June 2015
My internship with his company was terrific. I was very pleased with the manager and the environment I was in. Although we were at a very small facility, making connections with the members was what made the day so fulfilling. I really enjoyed my time with PlusOne.
No room for growth
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Not Given17 June 2015
Best part of my day is working with my members, especially my personal training clients. My current direct report is amazing..however corporate support to the site level is awful.
Unique work environment in delivering wellness product within clients' site.
Exercise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX13 January 2015
Very engaging with clients' employees and developing exercise programs for his/her well-being.
Able to interact with executive personnel in creating incentive programs to emphasize healthy culture and lifestyle at work.
offer lots of incentives like cash prizes, free snack food and party events.
Great Company
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV25 December 2014
Great Management staff and benefits. I enjoyed working here!