Plexxus Employee Reviews in Canada

Picker (former employee)
Picker (Former Employee) –  OakvilleMarch 31, 2016
This company should be paying higher salaries to employees. They don't tell you the total job when hired. You have to stay until trucks are loaded. There is friction between shifts and there are certain woman there that are scary and mean.

Bosses do their best. Nothing wrong with them.

Work load on the body was beginning to cause health problems and I am young. High expectations. I also have a problem with the way temp workers are treated. They will tell them they are hired but keep them working through temp agency for months after the 3 month period. They hand out bonus' and such to "full timers" not to agency staff. I find this disgusting considering they are full time. The Government has to step up against companies abusing Agency staff and put strict legislation on companies that lie to them about hiring.

People quit constantly at Plexxus. I walked out.
Pros
Cons
You can't leave until trucks are loaded, which everyone has to do in plant.
Great facility, a wonderful contributor to saving lives in hospitals across GTA
Supervisor/Lead (Former Employee) –  Oakville, OntMarch 31, 2014
A typical day at Plexxus was never like the last. I was an efficient person checking on productivity by assigning tasks and taking on tasks designated for associates when we were in a crunch. I was demanding yet fair as a lead hand/supervisor. I operated equipment and handled situations with a dignity and respect to our customers. Yes i was frustrated with lack of products,lack of carts,lack of teaching tools to improve myself but i still saw the goal of making sure our clients which were 12 major hospitals in the GTA which were responsible for surgeries and healthcare depending on us and our products getting there effectively and efficiently. I respected the business and what it does even if i am on the outside looking in now. I was frustrated with the lack of help by higher managemnet and the need to learn more of my role. I put in 65 hour work weeks to see things through yet i accepted it. I was determined to full fill my obligations
Pros
excellent staff, incredible company
Cons
extremely long hours
It was a fantastic place to work
SAP Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Would like to work at such place where there are openness, guideline and also freedom at the same time. Good place to work for master data analyst, buyer, inventory analyst and supply chain professional
Pros
good working
Cons
in city parking may be costly
Result oriented company with a high turnover rate.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2012
- Typical day is spend processing request into SAP, managing incidents and communicating with internal clients.
- Learned to be more result oriented, manage and train small teams as well as expanded my SAP knowledge
- Most coworkers are pleasant and friendly but everyone is busy working hard so socialization with others outside your team/department is very low
- Hardest part of the job is dealing with unrealistic deadlines with little help or support
- The most enjoyable past of the job is having that sense of accomplishment and satisfaction when you complete a task or project ahead of schedule as well as when the client recognizes the hard work you done.
Pros
located in the eaton centre
Cons
low recognition for hard work or job well done
interesting place with free coffee
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 20, 2014
do your work, finish and pick up everyone elses slack, poor management and the most enjoyable part of the day is going home.... in 8 hours not 12 or 13 since you can't leave untill all the works done. picking errors are randomly issued to workers even though that worker may not have been even working with the product...in short terrable place avoid at all costs!!
Pros
lots of vacation time
Cons
employee treatment, hours, wear on body, warehouse middle management
Enjoyable atmosphere
Warehouse picker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Would recommend this company to anyone that is looking for a few hours extra per week... Everyone is friendly and management is very helpful. You are dealing with hospital supplies which is always a good feeling to know but the only down side is work has to be completed before you go home, which is understandable.
Pros
big facility and fantastic people
Cons
extended hours
Supportive Executive team with potential for future growth
Distribution Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 24, 2014
Plexxus is a leading shared services organization delivering value to the health care system.
Plexxus relentlessly pursues opportunities to provide reliable services to our customers that improve quality and result in operational efficiencies and savings.
Performing all sort of duties assigned by the managngement and serving as a backup to Senior Financial Analyst
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJuly 5, 2012
Position significantly contributed to the personal gorwth and professional development. Hands on experience with Income Statement Analysis, Sales Margin Analysis, Journal Entries and Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations.
Fast pace working environment
Accounting Clerk (Co-op Placement) (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Great people to work with. Worked as accounts payable accountant and learned a lot. The Co-workers are great and quite helpful.
Worked on contract
Senior Buyer/Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2012
There were ample projects assigned. Too bad, they could only offer me a contract position.

2.9