Platinum Marine (2010) Ltd is looking to expand their Project Management team. This is a junior role in the Project Management team of Vancouver’s largest yacht service facility, operating at the premium end of the leisure marine sector as well as with commercial customers. There is a genuine opening for the right person to come aboard & make this challenge their own.
The Junior Project Manager is responsible for duties assigned by management, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with the preparation of price, cost and budget estimates, tracking and administering change orders to ensure they are prepared and finalized in accordance with established company standards, supporting ongoing communication with customers, suppliers and electrical engineering consultants, and estimating and managing small jobs as assigned.
- Monitoring and reporting on job billing status and job report status on a weekly basis, assisting managers and team leaders with drafting and using engineering programs, assisting in closing projects and supporting the compilation of vessel manuals and operational guidelines.
- Marketing of the company and selling of potential future projects and work required to expand and maintain our business, building effective relationships with existing and new clients and suppliers, marketing the company and its services to existing and new clients, engineers, planners, and other potential contacts.
- Coordinating aspects of the project including liaising with production staff and attending regular project meetings, ordering of materials, tools and equipment as determined, providing technical support for production staff and customer as required.
- Participating in pre-planning and preparation of projects.
- Providing an example of professionalism as a responsible and goal-oriented team player and leading by example in achieving excellence and being accountable for results and outcomes.
The Junior Project Manager position requires a motivated technical individual with excellent knowledge and experience in engineering, technical and construction, excellent attention to detail and the ability to efficiently prioritize competing tasks. Proficiency in engineering, design and other related computer programs is a requirement.
- 1 – 3 years experience in technical support position for technical, engineering or construction projects
- 2 – 5 years experience in technical, engineering or construction environment
- Strong knowledge in working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) applications
- Strong knowledge in working with MS Project, scheduling and tracking applications
- Excellent ability to think critically and problem solve
- Ability to learn quickly, be flexible and adaptable
- Strong organizational abilities and demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong time management skills, specifically the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Effective communication skills verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- A strong work ethic and desire to excel with professional development
- Solutions oriented, diplomacy and ability to initiate new methods and procedures to improve results
- Exposure to yacht, ship or vessel construction, engineering or technical environment is a definite asset
Indeed - 10 months ago