Provides project management of large scale, complex, high profile and high risk projects for OPS I&IT initiatives. Ensures project deliverables meet clients’ business requirements on time, scope and budget, with a focus on cost-effectiveness, efficiencies and compliance with OPS project management methodologies and frameworks.
- PMP Certified
- Minimum 5 years Applications Project Management
- Minimum 1 year Public Sector Experience
- SDLC Experience
- Leads organizational development, strategy development, business planning, and Ministry funding requests. Gathers and develops requirements in order to create and maintain a detailed project schedule and/or integrated plan.
- Sources, selects and on-boards team members in various disciplines clarify roles and responsibilities and set task/deliverable/performance expectations for resources that are both OPS unionized employees as well as fee for service (FFS) consultants. Resolves resourcing and inter-personal conflicts, negotiates changes to resourcing, ensures knowledge is shared among team members such project objectives and deliverables are met.
- Develops complex project budgets based on multiple funding channels and cross ministry dependencies. Effectively manages large project budgets and ensures a high level of fiscal control and accountability including estimates, forecasts and reconciliation/confirmation of actuals.
- Proactively identifies potential risk events and issues before they occur so that proper mitigating strategies can be developed. Articulates and prioritizes issues and risks at senior executive levels and recommends mitigation strategies for decision makers.
- Establishes and participates in steering committee and stakeholder forums. Provides, project, program, and/or portfolio reporting to multi-stakeholders at senior executive levels.
- Uses appropriate strategies and actions to overcome resistance to change and capitalize on forces in support of change during all stages of projects - concept, definition, planning, implementation and close-out.
- Promotes OPS I&IT standards and best practices for project management to facilitate control of system quality, adherence to standard methodology and the control of the use of I&IT resources.
- Knowledge and understanding of Project Management’s Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Management
- principles, concepts, policies and practices
If you are qualified and would like to be considered email us your resume
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
Platinum Consulting is the IT Recruiting and Project Consulting company that works for and with you. Let our expertise and dedicated highly...