Plastic Mobile is currently searching for a Front End Web Developer to become part of the team. The candidate will work alongside our talented project managers, engineers and designers to create award-winning websites. A detail-oriented developer, who can balance desires for perfection with the demands of a rigorous pipeline, would be considered ideal for this position.
- Architect, code and debug problematic code
- Working with and debugging on mobile devices (smartphones, tablets)
- Follow and implement creative designs and experiences
- Build against popular Web frameworks and APIs
- Execute general troubleshooting and problem solving
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 2+ years experience with HTML, CSS, JQuery
- Experience with Bootstrap, Backbone & jQuery frameworks.
- Appcelerator Titanium experience is a plus
- Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues, DOM and web standards
- Experience working in a Mac or Unix environment
- Experience with PHP, Python or Java is bonus
- Experience with parsing / writing XML, JSON
- Comfortable with OO programming
- Familiar with source code control systems
- Familiar with web-based testing and QA processes
- GUI design experience
- Experience with AJAX would be an asset
- Experience in working within a team environment
- An excellent ability to communicate with individuals at all levels
- Ability to build trust and confidence with management and employees
- Comprehensive Health Beneﬁts
- Fun, open environment
- Enjoy ping pong, foosball, or challenge someone on the Wii
- Breakfast every Wednesday where we enjoy bagels and pastries and share interesting mobile news
- Join our Plastic sports team and challenge yourself in volleyball, soccer, or ultimate frisbee
- Participate in our innovation lab where we experiment with new mobile technologies and create innovative creations such as a giant twister board made out of a network of 18 iPads
This is Us:
Plastic Mobile is an award-winning mobile marketing agency of thinkers, artists, engineers and builders. We have one common aspiration: to create extraordinary user experiences. We are at the heart of the digital evolution, pushing mobile boundaries and setting the bar for the standard of quality.
Our Toronto oﬃce is set in the burgeoning hot spot of Liberty Village. The oﬃce space aesthetically reﬂects its surroundings of the formerly industrial area turned trendy home to professionals and artists.
At Plastic Mobile, we are as passionate about play as we are about work (cliché, but true). It's not uncommon for the water cooler, seldom used for gossip, to become the hub of an impromptu water balloon ﬁght, or the trenches of an all out Nerf gun war.