Did you spend countless hours debating the iOS7 redesign? Do you become obsessed with even the smallest detail of an interface design? Have you ever looked at an incredibly well designed app and secretly wished you had done it? If the answers are yes, yes and hell yes, we want to hear from you.
Plastic Mobile is looking for a Mobile Designer, with a hunger to fill their portfolios with best class apps for some of Canada’s top tier brands. You’ll join our creative team of usability architects, designers, art directors and strategists to create and conceptualize, iOs/Android apps, responsive/adaptive websites, as well as work for our mobile innovation lab.
Candidates with strong mobile design experience move to the front of the line.
- Conceptualize and create intuitive and engaging mobile experiences for users
- Push the boundaries on innovation through interface design
- Translate requirements into highly engaging and compelling design concepts
- Candidate must work well as part of a team and on their own
- Detail-oriented, with an eye for thoroughness and accuracy
- Work closely with our Art Directors and Creative Director
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 2-3 years of working experience
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (Final Cut Pro and After Effects are a plus)
- Experience working with wireframes. Candidate must have a strong understanding of UX
- Experience with responsive layout grids and best practices
- Knowledge of Axure, Visio, Omnigraffle is a bonus
- Knowledge of common smartphone capabilities such as iOS, Blackberry and Android
- Knowledge of common web browser capabilities
- Must be self-directed and highly motivated with an ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work well under pressure
Please include your portfolio along with one secret talent we should know about when applying for the position.
Plastic is a mobile agency dedicated to helping our clients create and launch successful mobile experiences. We exclusively work with companies that are looking to make a difference in the mobile space and make it an integral part of their customers' lives. We specialize in ideating, designing and engineering apps and sites for smartphones, tablets, and devices everywhere for commerce, loyalty, payment, wallets, location-based and transactional branded experiences.
Plastic Mobile is headquartered out of Toronto and New York City powered by the best creative minds, mobile strategists and software engineers designing and building world-class mobile experiences.
Find us on the Web: http://www.plasticmobile.com
Follow us on Twitter @plasticmobile