- University degree in engineering with 7-10 years experience in Automotive Industry within the North American minimum, 5 years experience in plastic injection molding industry required, Experience in dealing with OEM’s and Tier-I is must,
- Program management, APQP, Product engineering, program launches, quoting and managing injection moulding moulds experience is must.
- Must be able to review and recommend improvements for product design and mould designs.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. Strong organizational, troubleshooting and project management skills.
- Dynamic, pro-active and self-motivated. Ability to lead the department and work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and under high pressure environment.
- Responsible for all aspects of program management and engineering department including prototypes, pre-production production start up, customer launch and monitoring the overall program throughout production.
- Ensure that all drawings, etc., are up to date, making sure that all customer requirements and specifications are met.
- Responsible to keep the communication lines open between the various departments, including production, tool room quality assurance, and engineering departments. This also includes communicating with associates as necessary.
- Act as liaison between customer and company.
- Be involved, and provide technical support on all product launches both within the company and at the customer.
- Ensure all correspondence pertaining to project is tracked and distributed accordingly. Perform engineering and manufacturing feasibility studies.
- Prepare / review quotes for new/existing programs and all engineering changes, submit for review/approvals, prepare customer breakdowns and review for completeness.
- Assist in the procuring and sourcing of tooling and equipment for new programs. Assist the Product Engineers & Process Engineer to ensure said tooling/equipment complies with the company and customer's specifications, standards and expectations.
- Work in compliance with TS16949 standards.
- Manager the APQP activities and customer specific requirements.
- Must be able to work independently; must present an image to customer of total company commitment, maintain ownership of programs and work effectively with others to co-ordinate all aspects of the job.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Plastic Injection Moulding Company