We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Jr. Programmer/Analyst with proven analytical and problem solving skills to join our dynamic Information Services Team in Calgary.
An integral member of the Team, the Programmer/Analyst is primarily responsible for defining, developing and maintaining manufacturing related software applications and related databases in support of our business objectives.
Key Elements of the Role:
- Work closely with internal clients and team members to conceptualize and develop custom business applications
- Assist in defining, researching and documenting business requirements for custom applications by conducting interviews with internal clients, approval authorities and external users to help determine objectives, functional requirements, deliverables, and specifications
- Analyze existing business systems and procedures and provide input in defining project plans, including scope, scheduling and implementation
- Write programming code and perform troubleshooting
- Write, translate and code software programs and applications
- Create test plans, analyze results and implement solutions
- Recommend, schedule and perform software improvements and upgrades
- Research emerging application development software products, languages and standards
Key Competencies, Experience and Abilities:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with the complete application life cycle in a commercial, multi-project environment
- Experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems and or usability issues
- Proficiency in a variety of programming languages, including C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET
- Server technologies: Windows, WebServices, IIS 6 & 7
- Mobile Software Development (iOS, Android, HTML5)
- Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented coding methods and Agile software development best practices.
- Relational database and operating systems experience with MS SQL 2008 (functions, stored procedures, data mining) and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Familiarity with report writing tools such as Crystal Reports
- Thorough understanding MS .NET Framework 4.0
- Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with:
- Xcelsius Dashboards or other reporting tools
- MS InfoPath & SharePoint Development (Forms Design, Libraries, Lists, Workflows)
- Business Analysis & Project Management .
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary, Employee profit sharing plan and RRSP program
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended health, dental & vision.
- Education reimbursement program
- A great team of dedicated professionals!
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview with be contacted.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Plasti-Fab’s mission is to provide EPS Product Solutions for constructing energy-efficient buildings, floatation for marine...