PLASP CHILD CARE SERVICES Employee Reviews

plasp
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 May 2017
helped take care of kids younger then me and made them breakfast or snacks or lunches depending on when the child would be at plasp. I would stay until after 6:00 pm because some parents took longer then expected but it was a great experience.
Student on Placement Experience
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2017
My role at PLASP was a Student on Placement. So therefore I wasn't getting paid and it was a temporary position. However, I definitely enjoyed working there. The workplace environment was welcoming and everyone showed appreciation and care for each other. I advanced my skills in Microsoft Office and also discovered new applications such as Spreadsheet Compare. I also learned more about the process PLASP goes through to add a new school to their program. What I loved the most about the job was the appreciation for my hard work. Every day I learned and experienced something new so there was nothing hard or negative about this experience. The only down part was that they don't always hire their student on placements.
Great Opportunity
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2016
I worked for PLASP for two years as a program supervisor. My main reason for working there was my love for children. I enjoyed every minute of it however I was really taken a back when I learned that the expectations PLASP has of their employees are very high and too much for a basic part time job. A lot of unpaid time is required. I worked 10 hours a week and put in about 15 hours of unpaid required time every two weeks. It's not worth it because if you calculate the high wage you get and the unpaid time you put in, it works out that pay wage is just above minimum wage. Also I had a great director for two years and when I moved schools the director was terrible and made my shift unbearable. Be prepared to know alot of Information on your own. They put a lot of responsibility on you regarding paperwork and that takes away from enjoying the kids. If you have a passion for children, you might be able to look past all the demands.
Pros
children
Cons
excessive unpaid time, strict environment in some programs, high expectations that are unrealistic
Great
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2015
PLASP Child Care services is a great place to be. The staff are really helpful and it is an amazing opportunity to experience having your own program.
Fun early learning position with great management!
Director (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2015
I've been with the company for a couple of years now. I really enjoy the work as it's always changing (as all child care jobs do!). I feel more prepared and that my job at PLASP is beneficial to my career goals. The children and families are wonderful and the area managers I've had have been wonderful.
Pros
Great area managers, competitive hourly wage, the children
Cons
Split shifts, not paid for meetings or training, staff tend to have to take their work home with them
Great organization
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 August 2015
Had a great time volunteering. Nice people/organizers learned new things and skills. Overall if you're looking to get your hours in this is the best place to do so.
A great place to be employed!
Program Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 July 2015
PLASP offers so much to its staff. Salary and benefits are outstanding! As well as support for the staff and showing genuine appreciation for the work we do. If you can get a career here, it's a fantastic organization to be a part of!
Pros
Salary, benefits, dress down days, training
Creative workplace
Assistant Director, Before/After School Program (Former Employee) –  Terry Fox12 March 2014
Great atmosphere for children to learn and play. Getting to know the children and their different personalities. Seeing their smiling faces when they play with their friends outside.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everyday is an extordinary challenge in learning new things.
Director at mother cabrini (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2013
Typical day at work has its ups and downs; but the challenges of the day is what makes this job so wonderful. The job gives you the opportunity to make a childs day wonderful with all the activities and knowlegde you share.
Pros
a smile on a childs face
Cons
unpaid meetings
working with School age children
Relief Staff (Current Employee) –  Mississauga 1 May 2013
I am doing relief work that means, I would call in every day to find out if I am working and where. I would be going into a new school and working off the schedule that the teacher as set for that week, or just supporting other staff members with the children.
Pros
great people
Cons
on call, or no lead time
Great environment in work in.
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2013
Great place to work. You learn more about yourself everyday. Staff and children makes our days very rewarding. Seeing a child smile, or knowing that you've made their day a little better, gives you a sense of accomplishment and purpose.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
lack of job security
Great place to work. Wonerful culture.
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 October 2012
Manage student behaviour
Collaborate with parents to provid fun, safe enviorment for student
provide snacks
supervise indoor/outdoor activities
Build postive working relationship with school stafe
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
too many meetings
A Great Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  71 Jane St, Toronto, ON M6S3Y325 August 2012
Working as a volunteer for Plasp Child Care Services was a terrific experience. My coworkers were helpful, inspiring and encouraging! Volunteering in this friendly environment was a very intelligent decision of mine, and I would love to do it again! The memories and experiences I gained from Plasp will forever be cherished. I really loved interacting with the children, and playing with them. As a volunteer I was responsible for managing the children. I was in charge of serving snacks, cleaning up tables and floors after snacks, interacting with them through games, and resolving certain conflicts between groups of children, as well as showing them better ways to deal with said conflicts. Being a volunteer I was not paid.
Pros
learning from the children and my coworkers
Cons
exhausting at times