PLASP CHILD CARE SERVICES Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun early learning position with great management!
Director (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 13, 2015
I've been with the company for a couple of years now. I really enjoy the work as it's always changing (as all child care jobs do!). I feel more prepared and that my job at PLASP is beneficial to my career goals. The children and families are wonderful and the area managers I've had have been wonderful.
Pros
Great area managers, competitive hourly wage, the children
Cons
Split shifts, not paid for meetings or training, staff tend to have to take their work home with them
A great place to be employed!
Program Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 7, 2015
PLASP offers so much to its staff. Salary and benefits are outstanding! As well as support for the staff and showing genuine appreciation for the work we do. If you can get a career here, it's a fantastic organization to be a part of!
Pros
Salary, benefits, dress down days, training
Great organization
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 12, 2015
Had a great time volunteering. Nice people/organizers learned new things and skills. Overall if you're looking to get your hours in this is the best place to do so.
A Great Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  71 Jane St, Toronto, ON M6S3Y3August 25, 2012
Working as a volunteer for Plasp Child Care Services was a terrific experience. My coworkers were helpful, inspiring and encouraging! Volunteering in this friendly environment was a very intelligent decision of mine, and I would love to do it again! The memories and experiences I gained from Plasp will forever be cherished. I really loved interacting with the children, and playing with them. As a volunteer I was responsible for managing the children. I was in charge of serving snacks, cleaning up tables and floors after snacks, interacting with them through games, and resolving certain conflicts between groups of children, as well as showing them better ways to deal with said conflicts. Being a volunteer I was not paid.
Pros
learning from the children and my coworkers
Cons
exhausting at times
Everyday is an extordinary challenge in learning new things.
Director at mother cabrini (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 11, 2013
Typical day at work has its ups and downs; but the challenges of the day is what makes this job so wonderful. The job gives you the opportunity to make a childs day wonderful with all the activities and knowlegde you share.
Pros
a smile on a childs face
Cons
unpaid meetings
working with School age children
Relief Staff (Current Employee) –  MississaugaMay 1, 2013
I am doing relief work that means, I would call in every day to find out if I am working and where. I would be going into a new school and working off the schedule that the teacher as set for that week, or just supporting other staff members with the children.
Pros
great people
Cons
on call, or no lead time
Great environment in work in.
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 3, 2013
Great place to work. You learn more about yourself everyday. Staff and children makes our days very rewarding. Seeing a child smile, or knowing that you've made their day a little better, gives you a sense of accomplishment and purpose.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
lack of job security
Great place to work. Wonerful culture.
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 13, 2012
Manage student behaviour
Collaborate with parents to provid fun, safe enviorment for student
provide snacks
supervise indoor/outdoor activities
Build postive working relationship with school stafe
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
too many meetings
Creative workplace
Assistant Director, Before/After School Program (Former Employee) –  Terry FoxMarch 12, 2014
Great atmosphere for children to learn and play. Getting to know the children and their different personalities. Seeing their smiling faces when they play with their friends outside.
Pros
close to home