Ready to change the world? Join our energetic and ambitious team of professionals! Be a part of the excitement at Plasco as we bring our cutting-edge technology to communities around the world. Plasco fosters the development of top talent in a dynamic work environment while empowering employees to make a significant contribution to our communities.
Reporting to the Lead Operator and under his/her guidance, the Assistant Operator will aid in the operation of the Trail Road conversion facility and all systems contained therein in a safe and environmentally conscientious manner.
- Assist in systems start-up and shut-down via the DCS in accordance with SOPs
- Troubleshoot equipment/process problems and recommend solutions for resolution
- Systems monitoring (fuel-feed, water treatment, gasification, carbon recovery, ash removal and GQCS - Gas Quality Cleaning Suite) via the DCS
- Identify and clearly communicate problems for maintenance attention and repair
- Identify and report potential environmental, health and safety concerns
- Accountable to ensure a safe work environment for coworkers, customers & visitors
- Oversee the performance of scrubbers, compressors, pumps, filters, motors, blowers, chillers, and miscellaneous process equipment
- Operate waste water treatment plant including; vessel flows, liquid transfers, filter replacement and chemical addition
- Sample miscellaneous products from process following SOPs; liquids, MSW, ash residue and gases
- Daily cleaning activities of Plant equipment and surfaces
- Participates in all Plant operations and safety training
- Comply with all EH&S, Corporate and Regulatory rules and procedures
- Operate mobile equipment (Bobcat, Forklift, Front-end Loader, Genie Boom, Aerial Platform)
- Conduct operational rounds to monitor process parameters
- Must be prepared to work rotating shifts in a 24/7 operation
- 4th or 3rd Class Power Engineer Certification is considered an asset
- At least 2 years experience operating a Distributed Control System (DCS)
- Five years of process experience or power plant operations
- Must have the ability to distinguish between various colours
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 150 pounds while performing daily routine in all weather conditions
- Must be comfortable working on elevated platforms, maximum 70 feet.
- Experience in electrical generation and synchronization practices
- Must have experience with miscellaneous process equipment; compressors, pumps, filters, motors, blowers, chillers, cooling towers, scrubbers
- Solid mechanical aptitude and trouble shooting skills
- Adaptable to work effectively as part of team and as an individual
- Comfortable working in both indoor & outdoor working conditions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Must have reliable means of transport as the Plant is not accessible via public transportation
Plasco Energy Group Inc. is an innovative technology company based in Ottawa, Canada. Plasco’s conversion technology is a sustainable...