Ready to change the world? Join our energetic and ambitious team of professionals! Be a part of the excitement at Plasco as we bring our cutting-edge technology to communities around the world. Plasco fosters the development of top talent in a dynamic work environment while empowering employees to make a significant contribution to our communities.
Reporting to the Lead Operator and under his/her guidance, the Assistant Operator will aid in the operation of the Trail Road conversion facility and all systems contained therein in a safe and environmentally conscientious manner.
- Assist in systems start-up and shut-down via the DCS in accordance with SOPs
- Troubleshoot equipment/process problems and recommend solutions for resolution
- Systems monitoring (fuel-feed, water treatment, gasification, carbon recovery, ash removal and GQCS - Gas Quality Cleaning Suite) via the DCS
- Identify and clearly communicate problems for maintenance attention and repair
- Identify and report potential environmental, health and safety concerns
- Accountable to ensure a safe work environment for coworkers, customers & visitors
- Oversee the performance of scrubbers, compressors, pumps, filters, motors, blowers, chillers, and miscellaneous process equipment
- Operate waste water treatment plant including; vessel flows, liquid transfers, filter replacement and chemical addition
- Sample miscellaneous products from process following SOPs; liquids, MSW, ash residue and gases
- Daily cleaning activities of Plant equipment and surfaces
- Participates in all Plant operations and safety training
- Comply with all EH&S, Corporate and Regulatory rules and procedures
- Operate mobile equipment (Bobcat, Forklift, Front-end Loader, Genie Boom, Aerial Platform)
- Conduct operational rounds to monitor process parameters
- Must be prepared to work rotating shifts in a 24/7 operation
- 4th or 3rd Class Power Engineer Certification is considered an asset
- At least 2 years experience operating a Distributed Control System (DCS)
- Five years of process experience or power plant operations
- Must have the ability to distinguish between various colours
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 150 pounds while performing daily routine in all weather conditions
- Must be comfortable working on elevated platforms, maximum 70 feet.
- Experience in electrical generation and synchronization practices
- Must have experience with miscellaneous process equipment; compressors, pumps, filters, motors, blowers, chillers, cooling towers, scrubbers
- Solid mechanical aptitude and trouble shooting skills
- Adaptable to work effectively as part of team and as an individual
- Comfortable working in both indoor & outdoor working conditions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Must have reliable means of transport as the Plant is not accessible via public transportation
Indeed - 12 months ago
Plasco Energy Group Inc. is an innovative technology company based in Ottawa, Canada. Plasco’s conversion technology is a sustainable...