Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

day to day
overnight receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 July 2017
dealing with the public is not always smooth sailing, but i enjoy it a lot. Especially when i have to fix a members problem, i get excited . I love this environment , so happy with my team mates as well.
Fun workplace
Member Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PA29 May 2017
Overall a fun place to work. It's pretty easy for the most part. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with so many different people everyday.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Standing the entire shift
fun work place
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 April 2017
Planet fitness was a great place to work but like every work place it had it ups and downs, full time employees were promised benefits after our 3 months but we never received them, and higher managment made it very difficult to get them, but over all i loved the ppl i worked with and had the privilege of making really good friends in the process.
Pros
good staff
Cons
no benefits even when promised
Excellent Place of Work
Front Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 January 2017
Co-wokers were always great to work with. Members of the gym where always nice to the workers. Long hours. Cleaning was a major part of the job. Great place to work with great pay.
Easy going, non stressful job
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2016
Fast advancement as the company grows in Canada. Fun place to work if you enjoy the field . All staff is generally young and friendly. It's a really good starting job in the customer service field or fitness industry
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Odd hours
enjoyable work environment
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
It's a great experience working with fun and energetic people. Friendly management, good environment, and it is a great first job to have. It has good community involvement.
working in a happy environment
Member Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2016
I come into an amazing job. People are very nice here. Greet daily customers on a name to name basis. Management is great. I have nothing negative to say about this job.
Cons
low wage
Horrible Management, Horrible Company.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 February 2016
in a typical day I would clean for about 6 of my 8 hours, I would assists members with anything they needed. I would go above and beyond my duties on a daily basis. Planet fitness is a horrible corporation to work for. They say that they are "all about the people", this apparently does not include their employees. They watch the cameras on pretty much a 24/7 basis as apparently none of us are trustworthy, in which case why employ someone at your corporation if you cannot trust them. I absolutely loved my job here I will be honest, it was the people that made the job so wonderful. Had I immediately seen what a corrupt business this is, I would have been out of there much faster.
Pros
Free Membership
Avoid!! Not worth it
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 February 2016
- There is 0 room for advancement.
- Manager only promotes friends, qualified or not.
- Policies change every day. You're never notified of the change until you're yelled at for doing it wrong. Then you then have to explain to every customer that things are being run differently.
- Head office has no idea what they're doing.
- Schedule comes out only 2 days before it starts if you're lucky.
- Expected to fully clean a 24/hr gym from top to bottom including scrubbing every piece of equipment in there daily.
Pros
it's a job in a city with few
Cons
Everything else!
Hard work pays off
Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 October 2014
Selling gym memberships.
Keeping track of customers.
Upbeat environnement to work in.
Free gym membership for employees.
Pool, hot tub and steam room access.
Fun staff.