Planet Energy Employee Reviews

fun
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2016
it was a great experience under paid people for their performance and poorly management when i was there. but i do miss the culture.
Actively searching for new job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, Toronto, Canada31 March 2016
If you're interested in working in an unprofessional environment, this is the place for you. Like a TV sitcom you can overhear people higher up talking about other employees they work with and those doing jobs "beneath" them. If you're in customer service you'll find some supervisors repeatedly sending you passive aggressive emails leaving you in a confused mess. But that can be ignored.. I mean you get free coffee so that's great. Sip your drink and mind your own business. But that's not where it stops. The worst is the inconvenient hours. Giving you zero time to do anything in your day outside of work. Our hours run from 10-7 generally. The benefits are basically non-existent. Management is questionable because we are understaffed and underpaid ($12-$13/hr) for the information we have to retain (and we all know the CEO isn't counting what's in his bank account so a higher pay isn't far-fetched). Note, there are no promotions in this company. Many people have been working in respectable positions for years with promise of job advancement and received nothing in return. The employees here are generally very pleasant and that (as well as the fact that I'm still looking for a new job) is probably the only reason why I'm still here.

Side note: don't fall for the $17.50 job posting for renewals. It's truly $12 an hour and an incentive of $5 for every renewal (that is hard to get to begin with).
Pros
Free coffee, tea. Vending machine available.
Cons
Inconvenient hours
Planet energy is a great place to work
OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2013
Planet Energy is a great place to work. Day goes very productive and a lot of learning opportunities. Unfortunately the company has been sold and came across cost cutting method that affects most employee.

My co workers were like my family... we had a great team. I wish the company would afford to retain us all.
management needs re-structure
Contact Centre Representative (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2013
supervisor is mean and picky about your break, definitely not a good leader.