PLAN CANADA Employee Reviews

Very Nice People
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
I enjoyed volunteer with Plan Canada because the environment was very welcoming and the people are nice. They are very understanding with volunteers and their schedule. They seem to care in the work they do.
professional
Retail Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2017
mentally exhausting. good company. great management. worked in a booth inside shopping centres. talking to shoppers about the importance of the work in third world countries.
Fun Environment
Campaign Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2017
The team dynamics is pretty great! What's great about working directly for an organization is that they value you as a person. I found management was always good and fair towards me. Fundraising isn't for everyone but if you're for the cause and you're able to be engaging, getting sponsorship's isn't difficult.
good work place
Senior Team leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 April 2017
A very nice work environment. co workers are friendly and the job is really productive. It's like bringing a change in the world and getting paid as well.
Wonderful experience
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 April 2017
Always an interesting day at work as we aim to develop the lives of children.the management gave efficient training to prepare staff for work. the hardest part of the job was standing for long hours. generally the work was wonderful.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
requires standing for a while
fun but can be tough
Ambassador/ Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
people you work with are amazing, but the job can be tough. people can be very rude and the company doesn't always place you in the best spots. quotas can be stressful.
Pros
pay, nice people
Cons
hard work
flexible hours and fun work
Customer Service Representative Door to Door (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 November 2016
had fun working at the company with no recrets.
i did enjoy working with different customer and learned alot about the world.
Pros
free rides
Cons
flexible hours
Charity that sickens you
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 October 2016
While the atmosphere was ok, the manager moved the teams sales to better reflect his numbers to head office and openly stated! The team would get free nights out to sports events , where managerial staff behaved dangerously at times even putting other employees at risk. We were advised by team leaders to tell people that their credit cards would not be charged until they next month when in actuality the money was being taken at that moment and will continue to be for months unless the cardholder calls into cancel.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
unstable
productive and fun place to work
Program Coordinator - graduate student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
A great place to work. I learned a lot from my colleagues on how to work in a team setting. My co-workers were very nice and helpful.
Pros
travels to the field
Cons
none that I can think of
Very interactive, innovative and fun ways and its members, in communicating with and assisting the children and communities in fundamental ways needed
Sponsor/Donor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2016
Being a sponsor with Plan Canada, and one of its children from the country, Haiti, for a bit more than 2 years now, as well as recently becoming a sponsor for a lovely little girl in Thailand has really given me the insight and experience to great and innovative, technological ways and methods in which Plan Canada, and I assume, Plan worldwide, uses in order to keep in contact, further connection and to assist these children, their communities and wider societies, in a much broader spectrum in all the essential ways needed.

I have worked with lovely, open-minded, willing, flexible and all the more open-hearted individuals who are always willing to extend their efforts for the sponsor, myself, and for the benefit of the children.

I am very happy and satisfied even being a part of Plan's major plans for the countries in need, worldwide.
Pros
Innovation, experience and worldwide travel for the children's benefit and recreation
Great job for a someone who loves being around people
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Ontario24 March 2016
I started working as a fundraiser while attending University. This was the perfect student job as the hours we flexible around my class schedule.

After University I decided to take on a more full-time role as a fundraiser. I was able to advance into a leadership position where I gained valuable experience.

This job was perfect for me as I able to combine my passion for talking to people with my passion for helping people.
Company Rating
Mailroom Clerk & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2015
I got into the office, delivered items to co-workers if and when needed. I learned how to deal with difficult situations and how to work in a busy work environment. The management would give important updates to do with the work the organization did. My co-workers were helpful and always willing to help. I always had a hard time to process cheques. I love to deal with the general public and help them sort through issues.
Pros
The entire company would get together to celebrate milestones.
Cons
getting into work very early and leaving late at the end of the day.
Great company - great people
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto19 October 2015
An excellent organization to work for - the work that they do is very meaningful and effective. Progress reports have shown fantastic results and statistics towards development. The people are friendly making for a very pleasant work experience.Pay scales are very poor in most entry level roles. Vast discrepancy between managerial roles vs. coordinator/specialist roles. Coordinator roles have higher expectations but are paid poorly. Not much room or opportunity for growth.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Very poor pay scales
Plan Canada
Associate, Marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2015
Plan Canada was an exceptional place to work. The culture was amazing the work was satisfying and I enjoyed attending work everyday. The salary however is what you would expect from a non for profit.
Pros
Lunches, environment, people
Cons
salary
Great work environment.
Fundraising Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto30 June 2015
Great Organization.
Working as a fundraising associate really honed my public speaking skills. Join it if you are passionate about the cause.

You have to face a lot of rejection in fundraising but it has definitely made me a stronger person. when someone signs up to be a monthly doner and sponsors a child ,you really get a sense of fulfillment.

There are continuous training and mentor ship programs.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
You have face a lot of rejection from prospects.
For Campaign Manager and Sales
HUMAN RIGHTS ADVOCATE AND TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 December 2014
Always exposed to the public, in south west and gta, you must love the people skills and negotiations for causes you are passionate about. I always had to manage people, staff from all campaigns ensuring they worked well with each other, motivate and strategizing in how to get people to believe in our causes and join.
Also, using and demonstrating new techniques in how to gain business with public and possibly new partners.
Training and dealing with people is a must and always being on your toes for cues and opportunities.
Results always were tabulated and ensuring we reached our targets everyday. But always educating and public relations is a mandatory requirement as well.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
not taking business model to other level
Great learning experience for not just myself but everyone I have encountered
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 September 2014
This job helped not only myself but everyone else I bumped into learn the importance of the sponsorship of children and people around the world. It opened our eyes to what is really going on in the world around us, it ensured us the safety of those we helped and the learning experience was amazing. It also helped with the tolerance of pure ignorance, and helped keep a focus on what is truly important. I enjoyed standing for countless hours and talking to random people about what it is this company.
Pros
Meeting new people, learning new things.
Cons
Odd hours
Fun Workplace
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2014
Positive Environment.working for underprivileged children was fun and very fulfilling.
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 April 2014
Correct cash mistakes, I was a supervisor and learned how to open and close as well.
Productive & fun workplace
Volunteer Worker (Office Support) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, on24 February 2014
Work/Life balance is top priority for this company, everyone in management was super friendly. Very HR friendly company.
Pros
Co-worker
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PLAN CANADA. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3