Plains Midstream Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

poorly managed company
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Sarnia ontarioSeptember 8, 2015
Great people to work with, terrible management, Plant manager thinks he knows more than he does and its his way or the highway. Everything is Micromanaged.Treat you with no respect and in the end, they see you as a number that is disposable. If you have the choice, don't work here
Pros
very few
Cons
no respect
Productive, good place to work, fun, friendly
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 25, 2015
Enter payroll data, create & run reports for Managers when needed, answer emails, balance payroll accounts, ensure CRA accounts balanced, payments, other duties as they became available. Payroll data entry consisted of 4 days preparing. Timesheets to be uploaded and balanced.

The management at Plains were understanding and great to work with. My coworkers were also great. We worked as a team and not as one individual.

I enjoy all aspects of the job, but the most satisfying was knowing that we as payroll professionals help make the employees happy.
Pros
Perks like free gym
Cons
taking train to work each day which added an extra 2 hours to your day
Very poor company
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  SteelmanDecember 13, 2014
Management rarely communicates expectations with staff. Treats contractors like dirt. Top down mushroom management style where staff are micromanaged, kept in the dark and fed manure. Lying and idiotic politics reign supreme. Salaries and benefits are substandard. It's no wonder staff turnaround is high.
Terrible Place to Work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  CalgaryDecember 8, 2014
Plains offers big promises to get you through the door, and backs out on all of them. There is a reason they are under the microscope with the NEB...they can never deliver, they take shortcuts, they reward people who say yes in the room but talk negatively when not, there is no training for new staff, they have multiple overlapping initiatives because one group has no idea what the other group is doing, and they do not give out full bonuses. Great place for contractors, as they can charge huge dollars and basically do whatever they want as long as they show up and put something in front of their manager. Terrible executive staff...the CEO is a dinosaur who cannot let go.
Pros
great for contractors.
Cons
terrible for people with a work ethic or who have integrity.
Good company to work with
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 27, 2014
Alway improve the engineering pefoormance. Busy daily work schedule and many meetings.
Pros
free coffee and soft drink
Very corporate, but well structured and challenging.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 27, 2014
During my 3 1/2 years working at Plains Midstream, I learned about what it's like to work in a very structured and defined job environment. This has both it's positives and negatives for me as I enjoyed the clearly defined expectations, but not always the anonymity that working in a large corporation can create. Overall, my more senior of roles there was very challenging and helped me to grow as a better employee -- both job skills and interpersonal. Team work was a large part of coordinating work flow and excellent communication was mandatory in every aspect of the job.
Very Cliquey Company
Petroleum Land Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2014
I worked a contract position at Plains Midstream. The company is extremely cliquey. I felt like an outsider and as if I was in highschool again. Management was excellent on a more positive note.
Positive and Support Environment
Contract Analyst - Supply Chain Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2012
Plains was great to work at this past summer between semesters at University. The leadership team is very supporting growing summer and coop students as we advance through our schooling.

The culture is upbeat in a rapidly growing corporate environment. The organization goes out of its way to make the environment appealing with slurpee, nacho and popcorn machines in the staff lunch room.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
non
Great company with much room to grow and learn
Administrator, Trucking Department (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2012
Plains is a great company to begin a career with. They offer challenging roles with room for advancement. It offers a great learning environment, with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Salaries are competitive, and benefits package is very good.