Placement Group People Bank Employee Reviews in Canada

Unethical (Talentcor)|
Temp worker (Former Employee) –  Talentcor(Ottawa)February 6, 2015
Liars, who say anything to get you to accept a job. Then you find they sold you down the river and all they do is stand behind a clause tucked away in a paragraph on a page of the "handbook". Unethical and destroyers of people's fincancial well-being. Do not trust these people. They do not care about you and are completely unethical. Look after yourself first.
Excellent company to work
Business Development (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 26, 2012
As a Business Developer (Administration) I was able to create 300 new contacts in less than 1 year. Learning the staffing industry was very beneficial in helping people find employment. It was very rewarding since coming from a finance career it enabled people to have a peace of mind to pay their bills easier with a career they enjoy. Unfortunately, due to the economic situation in London, my job was deleted.
Pros
helping & meeting people
Cons
economics crisis in london
People Bank
Data Entry/Contract Processing (Former Employee) –  Guelph, OntarioJanuary 23, 2013
Typical day would be making contracts, up-dating file information both electronically and paper, scanning, photocopying all confidential information for our providers. My supervisor was very nice and welcoming and my co-workers were very friendly and there to lend a hand. The hardest part of my job is leaving because the contract is up and work has slowed down. I am sad to leave. The most enjoyable part was the friendly people I worked with and the experience I gained.
Pros
experience
Cons
short term
Amin. Secretary
Admin. Secretary (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto (Bay & Richmond)November 20, 2013
During my years with the People Bank I was placed in quite a few different office environments;

I was placed in a banking environment, the Rent Review Hearing Board, which turned into a permanent position; and several other working environments. There office at the time was on Eglinton Avenue. I always found the staff at the People Bank to be amicable.

Working as a temp a typical day would change from assignment to assignment. as well as your co-workers. The hardest part would be if you were on a long term assignment and you made friends was leaving when the assignment was over.

I gained most of skills working as temp over the years as I was always going into a different environment.
Pros
working at dundee i learned quite a bit about commercial leasing
Cons
the working environment was not the best.
Staff are very unethical
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Souithern OntarioMay 1, 2013
Good people turned away for work.
People put into dangerous working environments.
Staff not providing adequate information about assignments which often lead to loss of EI or social welfare benefits thru no fault of their own.

Hard working people trying to make a living during tough economic times referred to as "bodies"
Cons
very poor management in southern ontario!
Great work environment - professional and fun
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  VancouverJanuary 18, 2013
Having worked for other recruitment agencies, the values and service provided by Design Group far exceeds the market standard. The company is focused on client satisfaction and gives employees the autonomy to manage their business in the best way.
Pros
high focus on customer service, great environment, good morale
so so
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 11, 2014
Great place to work for but the pay is not at all good!!

Great work place culture. There's always something going on to bring the employees together
Pros
great work place culture
Cons
low paying job considering it's one of the most successflul privately owned company
Answering phones and greeting clients
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 19, 2012
Handled a 15 line phone
Greeted clients abone arrival and went through paperwork with them
Did scanning of forms into files and data entry

Most enjoyable part of the day was meeting of new people
Cons
went from full time to part time hours
Kind, respectful, and caring recruiters
Secretary (External TESA)/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 19, 2013
My recruiter and the other staff have gone out of their way to know me and listen to me. They take the time to place you in the right fitting position.
productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 29, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing applications from borrowers. This was done to ensure there aren't any errors on the applications to hinder their application process
People Bank is Blah
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2013
Would not pick this agency to work with again. Had a couple good placements with them but overall they were weak and there are much better agencies out there. They are okay, not great, not the worst.
Loved working through People Bank!
Corrugator Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 9, 2013
my job at 3m was amazing but it was 40 hour weeks and i am now a single mom so im looking for part time! People bank was very easy to get in touch with and very nice.
disgusting
parking (Current Employee) –  winnipeg mbApril 1, 2013
This place can't even get a simple pay cheque correct and when they say we will call back to let ya know they don't. This happens to about 75% of the parking guys that make money for the city
No, its fun working with the Peple'Bank
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 19, 2014
I was assigned to work with Davis & Henderson, everything is OK with People's Bank
Pros
bring your own lunch
Cons
8 hrs. working
Great Agency to work for
General Office Clerk Plus (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 12, 2013
I was given many hours and long term assignments. Great company!
Cons
no benefits

2.4