Pizza Pizza Limited Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast paced environment
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 4, 2012
A very fast paced environment where a team effort is always required in order to be able to serve customers to our best of our abilities providing great customer service. It is important to have people's skills and good communication as the job requires you to communicate with customers, management and co-workers throughout your shift to make sure everything flows smoothly.

The hardest part of the job is that when there is no communication and co-workers don't have a good work ethic. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you build a good report with customers.
Workdays at restaurant
Cook (Former Employee) –  ScarboroughApril 17, 2013
my typical days at the Arafat pizza was to obtain a clean, safe and hospitality environment for guest that were visiting the restaurant, i have learned many aspects of communication with different kinds of guests who were visiting the restaurant, for instance not every guests who were visiting the restaurant came with a great mood. i was mostly in charge of the restaurant where i had to manage the employees to obtain it a friendly and organized place. my coworkers and i were working as a team since we strongly believed ''that best team is better than best individual players''. the hardest part of the job sometimes according to me was the multiple pizza ovens with a temperature over 800 degree Celsius each, but after a while i got use to it. the most enjoyable part of the job was the feedback of our guest who were visiting the restaurant. i felt every motivated each time we got an positive feedback. indeed there was sometimes less positive feedback, where i always as management worked on those feedback to avoid it in the future.
Pros
lunches and breaks were irregular
Cons
sometime we had workdays of 14 hours
It's a fun place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 7, 2015
- Nice environment.
- Learned new things
- Management was great
- Friendly Co-Worker
- Rush Hours
- Serving Customers
a wonderful experience
Assistant Accountant and Cashier (Current Employee) –  chinguacousy and queens,bramptonMarch 27, 2013
This was my first job in Canada.I got to learn Canadian work values and tradition here.I understood the kind of people Canada has which was multi-cultured .From the first day my boss helped me give better services to customers.He made me learn that customers are God who give business.There were some problems at beginning in understanding the requirements of the customer but eventually I became the best employee.I was awarded as the best up-selling employee in Brampton.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
limited experience
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Maple, ONNovember 7, 2013
I like working here but having no benefits and no further advancement is the only reason that I am looking for a new job.
excellent place to learn customer service.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 13, 2015
overall i had a great experience of working in a team as well as individually.
enhanced my customer service skills.
all staff was very polite and helpful.
Pros
free meal
Cons
long duration
Relaxed work day but a lot of stress when busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 7, 2012
When I came, I would get ready and if there were no customers, there would be other things such as product replenishment.
I learned there are some people who take advantage of management's relaxed management style while other do all the work.
Management was too relaxed and didnt care about many things that are core to Pizza Pizza.
Co-workers were two types, some that worked very hard while others did minimal work.
Making up for the work for other people.
Pros
free food.
Cons
lots of work with very little pay.
fast-paced work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  toronto ontarioApril 21, 2015
very fast paced work environment and some brutal customers. The manangement is usually done by the owner as it is a franchised. Co-workers can be very rude. hardest part is during rush hour. most enjoyable part of the job is making a great pizza.
Pros
free food.
Cons
unpredictable rush hour.
Flexible
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Victoria Park and LawrenceApril 25, 2015
While working at pizza pizza i learned many skills such as customer service skills. It really helped me learn how to deal with everyday problems and scenarios
fast pace workplace
Cashier/server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2015
> Handing currency and credit transactions quickly and accurately

> Maintaining high standards of customer service during high-volume, fast passed work times

> Assembled food orders while maintaining appropriate portion control

> Diligently restocking work stations and cases

> Resolving issues, Pleasantly and courteously interacting with customers
Pros
free lunch
Pizza 73
Telephone Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2015
I enjoyed my first work from home job. I had the freedom to be at home and work with a flexible schedule. I knew the menu very well so I was able to help people get the order they wanted based on their tastes.
Pros
work at home
Cons
commission only
Great working experience as a telesales agent. Have had the opportunity of enhancing my customer service skills and conflict resolution skills.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 1, 2014
Have enhanced my skills in the following: Great collaborator, great time management skills. Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
Pros
great team leaders who are very supportive.
Cons
n/a
best fast food restaurant and fun with employees
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2014
Working with Pizza Pizza fast food restaurant was one of my biggest experience that i had because I work as a customer service for three years and yet still working there. My co-workers were so friendly while working as a team because when it gets busy and we start working as real teamwork in rush hour. I also handled customers during rush hours while my manager was there watching me. The most enjoyable part of the job is we work as a teamwork and have fun because as a business we want to make profits for our manager by making customers happy.
Pros
manager do allow us to make our own food if necessary.
Cons
mostly i work 8-10 hours. i also work overtime when it get busy
Good job for gaining experience in food industry.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2014
1. A very busy schedule almost everyday.
2. How handle store and order inventory.
3. Helping co workers with there work was also an important part of my job
4.To delivery orders on time in busy hours was the hardest part of the job
5.Friendly environment inside the store was the thing which i liked most in my job
Pros
free lunches
Unprofessional, and unorganized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Shifts were constantly changed without asking.
Inappropriate comments and advances from the men in the kitchen.
Was paid UNDER minimum wage, boss failed to inform the other cashiers even after another cashier brought this to his attention.
Pros
free slices
Cons
paid illegal wage
Great for a first job, not great for a second.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONFebruary 28, 2015
This job was very experiential for me, we are just one big family well dis-functional family. I usually work the morning shifts and Friday evening shifts. Usually on a Tuesday morning I will go in count the till, turn all the heat lamps on and open the door. Then we have the school rush and well if you cannot handle this on your own well this is not the place for you. Those kids are sneaky. We had to start giving them a number for their receipts and checking them off when they got everything because they'd come back and try to get their fries, pop or dips for free by saying we didn't give it to them. And then at the end of my shift I fill out all the paper work for that time period. My co-workers are an amazing bunch, we have a tight system. I have had so many laughs with them. The cooks are hilarious guys they always love to put on hip hop music as they call it and dance, it makes the customers laugh and smile; it brings fun into the work place just so that we all have a good day. Now the hardest part of my job is well the hours and when OPG messes up a pick order and the customer is upset. I hate it when my customers are upset because when they order through our telephone center which is OPG they expect their order to have came through to us and made. If you are looking to work at Pizza Pizza and are expecting 8 hours a day and 5 shifts a week well turn around and walk the other way. I get maybe 12 hours a week if I'm lucky, I get 3 hours a day. and I get Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays off. You cannot live on this income. A tip for the wise do not go into a job thinking you  more... will be getting a lot of hours and a huge pay day every week or every two weeks because you will be leading yourself down a very sad road. I love my job don't get me wrong but I went into it thinking I was going to be getting 8 hours a day 5 shifts a week. I do have 5 shifts a week but I do not get 8 hours a day. I only have 5 shifts a week because I was promoted to senior cashier after our last senior cashier quit.
The key to a successful experience in a work place is to always keep a positive outlook and never quit when you think you do not think it is going to work. If you are going to quit make sure you secure another job before giving notice.
Pros
free slice after 4 hours of work, night shifts you get to have dance parties with the cooks
Cons
not enough hours, no benefits, you smell like a deep fryer and cannot get the smell out of your cloths
Very nice and fun place to work with, very good experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  PickeringMay 8, 2014
Very busy, I learned to cook pizza, cut it, put it in the oven, very well managed, my co-workers very nice, hardest part of the job was handling the store by my self, my manager and co-workers were very nice and they would joke around a lot.
Pros
free lunches, long breaks
Cons
long hours, very warm
satisfactory
Sales and cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2013
Is kind of busy and stressful.
I was able in interact with different people from different background.
Management is satisfactory.
Some workers are friendly and some are not, people are always different.
The hardest part was i live far.
the most enjoyable part is job empowerment
Fast paced environment, and a lot of productiveness.
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 28, 2013
It was a lot of fun working there, mainly because of all the nice people. But the bad side to this was that I got paid under Min. Wage, and that I really didn't get any advantages from this job, or benefits.
Pros
sometimes i could take a break since there was not customers.
Cons
the salary was under min. wage
Fun and Wild place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 19, 2014
My experience with this company was OK. Not too good of management skills, didn't give me a reason why I was let go, I didn't even know I was let go until a few weeks later when I called to see what was going on.