Pizza Pizza Limited Employee Reviews

Learn to manage time and handle customers
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
One can trained to work in fast pace environment and can learn to mange time as have to complete order in time and deliver it. And another thing is one can able to mange all types of customers.
Pros
Free food and nice co-workers
Cons
No fix schedule
i worked on Friday, Saturday and sunday
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONNovember 25, 2015
I have learned good communication skills,Good time management skills, Group work. I have ensured that customer orders are met on time, Interact with customers to know their requirements and needs,Manage the restaurant by solving staff issues
Amazing first job experience, it's time to find another experience.
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 20, 2015
I only work once a week and I'm currently looking for more hours and a location that is near me. I been working at this location for about 4 years+ and I'm hoping to find another job that can teach me a new experience that is related to the program I am studying. I have learned how to handle customers, keeping the store clean for random checkups from head office, depositing money, depositing money at the end of my shift, food handling. My co-workers are amazing people and they are like family. The hardest part of the job is when you can't speak another language when a customer doesn't know english but I can definitely give them what they want by communicating with them through hand signs and writing it out on paper or showing them pictures of pizza and the display of what they want. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to customers especially my regular customers and seeing a smile on their face and seeing a smile on my boss's face.
Pros
My first job experience
Cons
Need more hours, far location
Fast paced environment, and a lot of productiveness.
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 28, 2013
It was a lot of fun working there, mainly because of all the nice people. But the bad side to this was that I got paid under Min. Wage, and that I really didn't get any advantages from this job, or benefits.
Pros
sometimes i could take a break since there was not customers.
Cons
the salary was under min. wage
Good, fast and hard job.
Customer Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2015
Good management. Nice work environment and target oriented job. Enjoyed talking to different people everyday. Improved my communication skills.
A work place where i learned everything i have now due to awesome management they have.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2013
This job requires me to perform various duties throughout day, I
learned day to day management skills. the managment here is very helpful and organized which helps staff and other managers. Due to alot of people working there there are people from different cultures which helps me learn new things from different parts of world. The hardest part is long working hrs and late night shifts which leaves me with no social life and famaily life. I enjoy every single hour of this job, trying to specify something i enjoy most in this job would be hard.
Pros
free food, drinks, awesome work environment
Cons
long hours and no end time of shift.
Did not enjoyed much
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
Work was fine but didn't enjoyed the management, No flexibility in the work environment. Nice co workers. We had a good time working there.
Fun WORKPLACE
Kitchen Chef (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKOctober 26, 2015
That odd job really taught me how to earn money as starting my career in various working place as a hardworking step which almost everyone do in job markeet.
Enjoyed working with the staff very much
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Petawawa OntarioJanuary 15, 2014
When i first started i was hired as just a counter person..over the years i moved up the ladder to manager. I managed Petawawa, Pembroke and the Renfrew stores as well as worked at the Smith Falls location for many years only on weekends. My co-workers i enjoyed working with at all the locations. Even made some life long friends working with this company. The hardest part was the very long hours most shifts were 10 to 12 hours and the high demand of supper rushes serving many customers and deliveries over the supper rush. When you did a great job for the company you were always rewarded, PizzaPizza being a huge sponsor of sports i was rewarded with many oppurtunities to enjoy a Senators game in Ottawa in our box seats.
Pros
advancement and the rewards for your hard work was great
Cons
very long hours
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Maple, ONNovember 7, 2013
I like working here but having no benefits and no further advancement is the only reason that I am looking for a new job.
Assistant to Franchising Vice President
Assistant to Franchising Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2014
It was a great job but horrible salary.
coworkers are what made this job fun and a great place to work.
Pros
summer hours from july to september
Cons
poor salary and benefits
Not the best for vehicles
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONOctober 13, 2013
Ware and tear on your vehicle, low salary, no benefits. The hours are never the same but if youre looking for cash and a lot of gas expenses this would be the job for you. you also get free pizza slices.
Pros
free pizza
Off the books, basically seen as a drone.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Worked there for 9 months, while I've been there I haven't seen a single person get an advancement, schedules were horrible and most of the people were kept off the books.
Pros
Free Pizza
Cons
Everything else
Chance to meet customers from diverse community.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2012
I worked 4 days in a week at pizza pizza,its a part time job, a typical days i had observe at work were x-mas,mother's day and 1st january but it gave me chance to do work more frequently and fast, moreover interact with alot of customers at one time.Management of my work place was superb, it was in systematic way no one can bother or face difficulty to perform any kind of duty.Owner(Boss) was very nice and calm in behaviour.As far as my co-workers,it was cooperative, helping and supporting team...well there was no hardest part in my job infact i enjoyed each and every moments of my work.i enjoyed to take new customers and communicate with them and moreover satisfy their demands by serve them better pizza...Besides this it was a pizza company so I liked to eat different kind of pizza and learned how to make pizza...
Pros
free pizza and special discount.
Cons
sometimes long hours.
A typical day at Pizza Pizza
Pizza cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ONJuly 3, 2015
A typical day at work for me at work would be busy yet fun. I learned how to handle high pressured situation and to also multitask while being focused on more than a single task at once. They were really great and fun people. We worked as a team and co-operated with each other which enhanced my individual skills to work better to become more of an asset rather than a liability. The hardest part of the job was dealing with orders coming from both the front and the back which created a lot of tension as well as pressure in the work environment but we were still able to pull through and are we were still able to keep the customers pleased with the service as well as the swiftness of which the preparation of their orders were completed in. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was to see the smiles on the customers faces when they received their orders in time.
Pros
Learned how to make pizza
Cons
There was limited work space, the store was quite small
Great for a first job, not great for a second.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONFebruary 28, 2015
This job was very experiential for me, we are just one big family well dis-functional family. I usually work the morning shifts and Friday evening shifts. Usually on a Tuesday morning I will go in count the till, turn all the heat lamps on and open the door. Then we have the school rush and well if you cannot handle this on your own well this is not the place for you. Those kids are sneaky. We had to start giving them a number for their receipts and checking them off when they got everything because they'd come back and try to get their fries, pop or dips for free by saying we didn't give it to them. And then at the end of my shift I fill out all the paper work for that time period. My co-workers are an amazing bunch, we have a tight system. I have had so many laughs with them. The cooks are hilarious guys they always love to put on hip hop music as they call it and dance, it makes the customers laugh and smile; it brings fun into the work place just so that we all have a good day. Now the hardest part of my job is well the hours and when OPG messes up a pick order and the customer is upset. I hate it when my customers are upset because when they order through our telephone center which is OPG they expect their order to have came through to us and made. If you are looking to work at Pizza Pizza and are expecting 8 hours a day and 5 shifts a week well turn around and walk the other way. I get maybe 12 hours a week if I'm lucky, I get 3 hours a day. and I get Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays off. You cannot live on this income. A tip for the wise do not go into a job thinking you  more... will be getting a lot of hours and a huge pay day every week or every two weeks because you will be leading yourself down a very sad road. I love my job don't get me wrong but I went into it thinking I was going to be getting 8 hours a day 5 shifts a week. I do have 5 shifts a week but I do not get 8 hours a day. I only have 5 shifts a week because I was promoted to senior cashier after our last senior cashier quit.
The key to a successful experience in a work place is to always keep a positive outlook and never quit when you think you do not think it is going to work. If you are going to quit make sure you secure another job before giving notice.
Pros
free slice after 4 hours of work, night shifts you get to have dance parties with the cooks
Cons
not enough hours, no benefits, you smell like a deep fryer and cannot get the smell out of your cloths
Part time job at the time of study
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Provided excellent guest service to customers purchasing pizza and offered deals and treats. Up-selling other products which aren't marketed or discounted.
Energetic
Aptitude confirmée à l'aide de la bonne procédure (Current Employee) –  saint-laurent, quebecMay 4, 2015
I have worked in many different restaurants such as Pizza Pizza. I have also worked at the school cafeteria which I cooked every lunch hour for kids. I was an assistant manager in my first job Pizza Pizza, from this position I gained an excellent leadership and managerial skill to run the restaurant more businesslike. I am extremely organized, active, hard worker, dynamic, handy, a good communicator, and have excellent observation of what it takes to make a restaurant run well to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
I have learned quick cooking skills while I was working at Pizza Pizza which it made a huge advantage for me to apply in your job. I dealt with stress and wide range of managerial issues in order to assist the restaurant manager as soon as possible. My enclosed resume gives further details about my relevant qualifications and skills.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Poorly
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONApril 28, 2015
Pizza Pizza, My work was experience there was terrible and good at the same time , the boss wasn't pleasant to work with and my hours weren't that great. However, there were some good moments working at Pizza Pizza. The co-workers I worked for were lovely, my skills working there has improved. So I'm thankful for that. I learned Time Management better, Staying Positive in A Workplace Environment, How to be able to Stay Calm In A Busy Environment.
Pros
Enjoyed Working With My Team
Cons
Boss Was Not Pleasent To Work With
productive and fun work place
manager (Current Employee) –  oshawa ONAugust 11, 2015
my typical day at work was first day of work that i meet coworkers and i had challenge to learned many things in short periods. I learned daily cash out and monthly inventory and take care other workers working hours. My hardest part of that job was i got to handle the busy time with inexperience people. Most enjoyable part of that job is having party after work every weekend.