Pizza Pizza Limited Employee Reviews in Canada

Great opportunity to work from home
Pizza order taking agent (Former Employee) –  ONMay 4, 2015
I had great time working as order taking agent at pizza pizza .The course that was mandatory was very helpful and learning to start the job. The supervisor was ver cooperative and helpful. The hardest part was to deal with customers after 12 am shift but handled them with a lot of patience and zeal . Enjoyed taking order from customers from Canada wide.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Night shifts
Chance to meet customers from diverse community.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2012
I worked 4 days in a week at pizza pizza,its a part time job, a typical days i had observe at work were x-mas,mother's day and 1st january but it gave me chance to do work more frequently and fast, moreover interact with alot of customers at one time.Management of my work place was superb, it was in systematic way no one can bother or face difficulty to perform any kind of duty.Owner(Boss) was very nice and calm in behaviour.As far as my co-workers,it was cooperative, helping and supporting team...well there was no hardest part in my job infact i enjoyed each and every moments of my work.i enjoyed to take new customers and communicate with them and moreover satisfy their demands by serve them better pizza...Besides this it was a pizza company so I liked to eat different kind of pizza and learned how to make pizza...
Pros
free pizza and special discount.
Cons
sometimes long hours.
Hardworker and multifunctionnel in a very busy custommer service environment
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  MontrealMarch 11, 2015
A typical day at Pizza Pizza for me sounds like this : I count my cash so it's ready to be used than i start welcoming the customers with a smile and guide them with a very supportive attitude than i serve them the food they asked and I make sure that everything we need is ready in the fridges in the front as well as on the counters, that the restaurant is clean at all times and I prepare the food except the pizzas..When I have time I help my co-workers in picking up the calls that we receive from the OPD and some custommers, in preparing the delivery bags and the pizzas. On sundays i do the inventory. The hardest part in this job was having clients who couldn't speak properly neither french or English but I used to get out of this situation very well by keeping my smile on and using the flyers and menu we had in the store. As for the part I enjoyed the most it was the team spirit that we created my co-workers and I and which helped a lot in the productivity of the restaurant and made the work place more comfortable
Pros
free lunches
Cons
drunk custommers at the night shifts
It was relatively good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work was ok. It was managed well. The most enjoyable part of the job was having people to help you. It was hard somedays because there was a lot of customers but it was pretty clean in there.
Pizza 73
Telephone Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2015
I enjoyed my first work from home job. I had the freedom to be at home and work with a flexible schedule. I knew the menu very well so I was able to help people get the order they wanted based on their tastes.
Pros
work at home
Cons
commission only
excellent place to learn customer service.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 13, 2015
overall i had a great experience of working in a team as well as individually.
enhanced my customer service skills.
all staff was very polite and helpful.
Pros
free meal
Cons
long duration
fast-paced work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  toronto ontarioApril 21, 2015
very fast paced work environment and some brutal customers. The manangement is usually done by the owner as it is a franchised. Co-workers can be very rude. hardest part is during rush hour. most enjoyable part of the job is making a great pizza.
Pros
free food.
Cons
unpredictable rush hour.
Fun and structured workplace and excellent evnironment
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Angus, ONNovember 2, 2014
A typical day at Pizza Pizza involved me opening the store and preparing the slice display. Throughout the day I would answer phone calls, serve customers and prepare the pizzas. The management was okay but did need more structure at times. The hardest part of my job was having to work 10 hour shifts at a time. The most enjoyable part of my job was the connections I was able to make with regular customers and making the pizza.
Pros
fun co-workers, free slice each shift
Cons
sometimes there were no breaks
fast pace workplace
Cashier/server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2015
> Handing currency and credit transactions quickly and accurately

> Maintaining high standards of customer service during high-volume, fast passed work times

> Assembled food orders while maintaining appropriate portion control

> Diligently restocking work stations and cases

> Resolving issues, Pleasantly and courteously interacting with customers
Pros
free lunch
Decent
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 24, 2015
Under staffed need more reliable people when it gets busy.
Management was very well chosen by our DM she cares very deeply for the company.
Flexible
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Victoria Park and LawrenceApril 25, 2015
While working at pizza pizza i learned many skills such as customer service skills. It really helped me learn how to deal with everyday problems and scenarios
fun working with the co-workers and the work is playful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Processed cash, accepted orders, followed cleanliness standards, food quality check and learnt how to manage time. had free lunches, good management
Good environment to work
Cashier/Front (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 14, 2014
A typical day at work was making sure the pizza was laid out at the front display and serve costumers. If you were busy you would tidy tables push in chairs & clean bathrooms. At end of shift you wipe down front display counters/tables ovens/fryers bathrooms & restocks. The management was nice they were understanding and considerate to your needs. The co-workers were friendly to talk to when there was down time and everyone worked well together. There was the odd worker who didn't like me and kept trying to not only make my work shift difficult but re-scheduled me twice resulting in termination of my position. The hardest part was maintaining rush hour and making sure all the customers were served their proper orders and we happy. I enjoyed the 1/2 off pizza discount :) I wish I could have worked longer there but sometimes it's just not meant to work out.
Pros
1/2 off discount
Cons
miscommunication
Unprofessional, and unorganized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Shifts were constantly changed without asking.
Inappropriate comments and advances from the men in the kitchen.
Was paid UNDER minimum wage, boss failed to inform the other cashiers even after another cashier brought this to his attention.
Pros
free slices
Cons
paid illegal wage
Fast paced environment and people interactive.
Server (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, ONApril 24, 2013
Enjoyed the fast paced environment, but the company lacked proper management. Quit because I was receiving less than 8 hours a week, the supervisor was screwing with my pays. I had suspicions that I was not on their payroll, and when I received my T4 the following tax season, it was recorded that I made a total of $0.01 in income tax, which was inaccurate. I worked there for 6 months, quitting because I would rather NOT work than work the 3 hours on a Saturday, in the prime time rush hour, which was a very difficult time. Work my butt off for 3 hours a week for $30 or less. Nah. I'd rather not feel like I am being used. This was the worst experience, and I hope to never get back into a work environment like Pizza, Pizza.
Pros
free lunch; friendly coworkers.
Cons
limited hours; poor managment
Enjoying of my job is always my periority!
Cashier/Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONSeptember 27, 2014
A typical day started for me at pizza pizza at 10:00am every day from Mondays to Fridays and Saturdays from 9:00 am to 6:00pm.
I started with cleaning the counter area and windows and then helping with kitchen staff for arranging the food and beverage boxes and then serving the customers and getting their orders one by one with pleasure.I had learned how to work in a team nicely and how important a teamwork can be and how a friendly environment is effective for my job improvement.Of course a good management is very very important to run the job smoothly.Good relationship with co-workers is as important as other factors in a teamwork and I always tried to behave friendly and politely to them.Actually the hardest part of the job was the times that some anti-disciplinary and disorders happened in the store and the long line of customers complaining about and we were in a distress situation!And most enjoyable times was the time when most of the customers were satisfied,the orders done on time and my manger smiled at me!
Pros
freelunch and coffee was available
Cons
sometimes on holidays and special events i stayed over my time up to midnights.
best fast food restaurant and fun with employees
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2014
Working with Pizza Pizza fast food restaurant was one of my biggest experience that i had because I work as a customer service for three years and yet still working there. My co-workers were so friendly while working as a team because when it gets busy and we start working as real teamwork in rush hour. I also handled customers during rush hours while my manager was there watching me. The most enjoyable part of the job is we work as a teamwork and have fun because as a business we want to make profits for our manager by making customers happy.
Pros
manager do allow us to make our own food if necessary.
Cons
mostly i work 8-10 hours. i also work overtime when it get busy
First fast food job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONOctober 18, 2013
Pizza pizza involved certain hours where you had non stop customers and other hours where you were trying to find things to do. The workers were great but the schedule was poor and hours were not very flexible nor did they end up working out. I learned how to work my first cash register and learned how to make side dishes. My co-workers were amazing and I enjoyed being on their team. The hardest part of the job was the contrast of the rush hours and the very slow hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the free lunch! As well as just having a job. The management was awesome and the most valuable lesson I learned was that personally I shouldn't mix work and family. It can get really messy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor hours, not flexible, boring
Productive and educational experience.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Midland, ONJanuary 28, 2014
A typical day at work in Pizza Pizza included assisting customers in placing their orders, making and completing their orders, and delivering their orders to their satisfaction. I learned excellent customer service working for this company and how to work as a team. The hardest part of the job was being able to handle a large income of orders at once while meeting the time quota. Although handing large amounts of orders was the hardest part, it was also the most enjoyable part. It taught me speed, accuracy, and very fine tuned time management skills.
Pros
it was a very educational experience
Cons
unprofessional work environment
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and very meticulous and patient.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 2, 2015
- 5+ years of professional experience as engineer in construction sites, project management, customer support and engineer design.
- studies in Civil Engineer, SAP Supply Chain Management