Pizza Pizza Limited Employee Reviews in Canada

A friendly and welcoming store environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2014
The store environment was great to work in. The co-workers got along, helped each other out, and had a fair balance of fun and responsibility. They were great people to work with and their company was very enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was the long hours, however the benefits that followed included the company of the co-workers and small bites here and there to keep ourselves energized.
Pros
free lunches, employee company
Cons
long hours, too heated in the summer
Poorly
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONApril 28, 2015
Pizza Pizza, My work was experience there was terrible and good at the same time , the boss wasn't pleasant to work with and my hours weren't that great. However, there were some good moments working at Pizza Pizza. The co-workers I worked for were lovely, my skills working there has improved. So I'm thankful for that. I learned Time Management better, Staying Positive in A Workplace Environment, How to be able to Stay Calm In A Busy Environment.
Pros
Enjoyed Working With My Team
Cons
Boss Was Not Pleasent To Work With
Productive and friendly work environment
Customer Service/ front counter (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ONMarch 5, 2015
A typical day at work for me involved prepping stations, folding boxes, taking orders, serving and making some foods, communicating with customers.
I learned that no matter how slow it is in a work place, there is and always will be, something to do.
The management there was ok. The manager was very flexible and generous.
My coworkers were great to get along with.
I did not find any part of the job all that difficult.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I am a people person and enjoy interaction and socialization.
A typical day at Pizza Pizza
Pizza cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ONJuly 3, 2015
A typical day at work for me at work would be busy yet fun. I learned how to handle high pressured situation and to also multitask while being focused on more than a single task at once. They were really great and fun people. We worked as a team and co-operated with each other which enhanced my individual skills to work better to become more of an asset rather than a liability. The hardest part of the job was dealing with orders coming from both the front and the back which created a lot of tension as well as pressure in the work environment but we were still able to pull through and are we were still able to keep the customers pleased with the service as well as the swiftness of which the preparation of their orders were completed in. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was to see the smiles on the customers faces when they received their orders in time.
Pros
Learned how to make pizza
Cons
There was limited work space, the store was quite small
Long days with a lot of physical work delivering commissary product to Pizza Pizza stores on a set route.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJuly 2, 2013
This was my introduction to driving transport trucks. It was a fun experience with a very physically demanding day. Great exercise. It was a good place to gain driving skills as a new driver.

I was offered a job at CRS driving transport with better salary and working conditions.
Pros
keeps a person fit.
Cons
long hours for limited pay.
FUN workplace
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 26, 2013
This is where I really learned to strive in a fast-paced work environment. I learned how to handle cash. Also learnt how to deal with customers. Management wasn't the best at first but it got better with time. This job was the perfect job for a student and the normal minimum wage but came with lots of benefits if you were doing good.
Pros
benefits, parties
Cons
management
Part time job at the time of study
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Provided excellent guest service to customers purchasing pizza and offered deals and treats. Up-selling other products which aren't marketed or discounted.
Productive and fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ONApril 26, 2015
This was a nice job to work at for a couple hours per week. I learned a lot about customer satisfaction here and time management. My coworkers helped me a lot and the hardest part of the job when customers were unsatisfied with some of our services and the most enjoyable part was when it was not busy and we could take our time to carry out small tasks.
productive and fun work place
manager (Current Employee) –  oshawa ONAugust 11, 2015
my typical day at work was first day of work that i meet coworkers and i had challenge to learned many things in short periods. I learned daily cash out and monthly inventory and take care other workers working hours. My hardest part of that job was i got to handle the busy time with inexperience people. Most enjoyable part of that job is having party after work every weekend.
boring place to work for long time because we don t need to keep our efforts
Retail Store Operator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 6, 2015
i have learned lot of thing such as well communication skills, how to attract the customers,how to serve the customers, store management, stock and commissary management, friendly environment with co-workers, sending online orders to the proper location.
customer service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2015
The customers that we give service to are very pleasant and generous. They show full respect to the environment and community. What I have learned is fast pace work environment,handling money,cleaning the store,enjoying a great time with the customers and co-workers.
Pros
working with food
Cons
long hours standing
Energetic
Aptitude confirmée à l'aide de la bonne procédure (Current Employee) –  saint-laurent, quebecMay 4, 2015
I have worked in many different restaurants such as Pizza Pizza. I have also worked at the school cafeteria which I cooked every lunch hour for kids. I was an assistant manager in my first job Pizza Pizza, from this position I gained an excellent leadership and managerial skill to run the restaurant more businesslike. I am extremely organized, active, hard worker, dynamic, handy, a good communicator, and have excellent observation of what it takes to make a restaurant run well to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
I have learned quick cooking skills while I was working at Pizza Pizza which it made a huge advantage for me to apply in your job. I dealt with stress and wide range of managerial issues in order to assist the restaurant manager as soon as possible. My enclosed resume gives further details about my relevant qualifications and skills.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Good environment to work
Cashier/Front (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 14, 2014
A typical day at work was making sure the pizza was laid out at the front display and serve costumers. If you were busy you would tidy tables push in chairs & clean bathrooms. At end of shift you wipe down front display counters/tables ovens/fryers bathrooms & restocks. The management was nice they were understanding and considerate to your needs. The co-workers were friendly to talk to when there was down time and everyone worked well together. There was the odd worker who didn't like me and kept trying to not only make my work shift difficult but re-scheduled me twice resulting in termination of my position. The hardest part was maintaining rush hour and making sure all the customers were served their proper orders and we happy. I enjoyed the 1/2 off pizza discount :) I wish I could have worked longer there but sometimes it's just not meant to work out.
Pros
1/2 off discount
Cons
miscommunication
Fast paced environment and people interactive.
Server (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, ONApril 24, 2013
Enjoyed the fast paced environment, but the company lacked proper management. Quit because I was receiving less than 8 hours a week, the supervisor was screwing with my pays. I had suspicions that I was not on their payroll, and when I received my T4 the following tax season, it was recorded that I made a total of $0.01 in income tax, which was inaccurate. I worked there for 6 months, quitting because I would rather NOT work than work the 3 hours on a Saturday, in the prime time rush hour, which was a very difficult time. Work my butt off for 3 hours a week for $30 or less. Nah. I'd rather not feel like I am being used. This was the worst experience, and I hope to never get back into a work environment like Pizza, Pizza.
Pros
free lunch; friendly coworkers.
Cons
limited hours; poor managment
Get to do your own schedule
Inbound Order Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONAugust 12, 2015
This job has taught me a lot of new things eg how to manage your time, how to remain calm and be patient with customers. The most difficult thing in this job is to deal with an upset customer. The most fun thing about this job is you get to choose your own hours and make your own schedule.
Pros
Choosing your own hours
Cons
Less pay
First fast food job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONOctober 18, 2013
Pizza pizza involved certain hours where you had non stop customers and other hours where you were trying to find things to do. The workers were great but the schedule was poor and hours were not very flexible nor did they end up working out. I learned how to work my first cash register and learned how to make side dishes. My co-workers were amazing and I enjoyed being on their team. The hardest part of the job was the contrast of the rush hours and the very slow hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the free lunch! As well as just having a job. The management was awesome and the most valuable lesson I learned was that personally I shouldn't mix work and family. It can get really messy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor hours, not flexible, boring
Busy atmosphere !
CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Store 10, Agincourt MallSeptember 25, 2015
It is fun to work here in busy atmosphere where you deliver excellent Customer Representative service!You learn to do multi - tasking
Pros
Busy atmosphere
Cons
Don't remember any!
Exhausted and tiring workplace environment due to the nature of work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, OnAugust 14, 2015
It is exhausted because employees are over loaded with work and responsibilities, and due to having scheduled less staff for one shift.

I have learned customer service skills, sales, as well as marketing skills at the same time.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
always shortage of staff members
good customer service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  MississaugaMay 3, 2015
Customer service of Pizza Pizza Ltd. is really awesome. Pizza Pizza try all its best to satisfy their customer. One day a customer had issue that she did not like the topping and she did not have enough time to stay so I convinced her personally and made her believe that we will deliver pizza to her home when it was not still our mistake as she did not like the taste of olives because she was trying them first time. And my manager appreciate my decision because sometimes if one customer is not satisfied so it creates a negative image in customers mind who are sitting their in your lobby or in others mind by negative publicity.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No break in busy hours
Fun place to work and you work from home!
Call centre - CSR (Former Employee) –  HomeSeptember 1, 2015
I enjoyed the freedom of working at home, simple call centre work.

Fun fast paced could watch Tv on mute too.

Easy software they use and simple to learn.

Plus they offer a bilingual bonus
Pros
free gift cards and staff promos
Cons
Late hours often to 3am