Pizza Pizza Limited Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast paced environment
DELIVERY CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSOctober 29, 2015
It was great to work with fast paced environment, lots of adrenaline to match the order deadlines which was 40 min. It needs great team work to handle all the orders delivered to customers.

It was 5 star overall rating until there was a conflict with upper management. Out store manager was providing performance benefits but the issues with upper managers could not be solved and the new regulations was so heavy for the wage.
Pros
Performance benefits
Labour intensive with extremely long summer hours but high respect for school schedules
Special Events Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 27, 2015
Working with Pizza Pizza in the shipping and receiving for Special Events department is a labour intensive job with extremely long summer hours. The pay is great because of the hours and overtime, and breaks (including lunch) are paid. Great benefits are available for full time employees.
This job pushed me to excel past limits I didn't even know I had, and taught me that I am capable of working much harder under adverse conditions than I ever imagined.
Management will push you hard, but is also very respectful of student schedules and will provide extremely flexible hours for those in school.

The promotions team (separate department) is a fantastic job that provides extremely flexible hours and a fun work environment. Travel to and from events is paid, and traveling around Ontario for work is a great way to meet people and learn about the province and many organizations.
Pros
Paid breaks, lots of overtime, flexible schedule around school
Cons
extremely long summer hours. labour intensive
It was a fun experience to work at home and take orders. Most customers were nice and sometimes funny making the job more possitive.
Order taker home agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
At typical day at work was going in to my private area where it was quiet and logging into the previously downloaded software Pizza Pizza provided on my computer.
A customer Service Rep welcomed me and signed me in and started my day or evening.
I learned so much about the different pizza toppings and how the customers had different tastes in pizza's.
The management team that trained me was absolutely amazing and very friendly!
I worked at home so I did not have any co-workers.
The job was very easy and satisfying.
The most enjoyable part of being an at home agent for Pizza Pizza was the ability to work at home and still be with my family.
Also as mentioned, all the varieties of pizza that were ordered.
Its too bad that they no longer have this position available.
The customers were always complimenting me on my service and that made the whole experience a very good one!
Pros
Possitive customer service reviews
Cons
They no longer have this available
very cold enviroment
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 15, 2015
not very good place for work,but the team was very helpful and help me to learn, their salary is not fair comparatively with the hard work and their is no benefit .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
salary is very little
A typical day at work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  125 The QueenswayFebruary 1, 2016
*A typical day at work is taking peoples orders, cleaning the restaurant, cooking fried items and making pizza. Organizing and maintaining the restaurant and always making customers happy is what we do best.
*Always keep a fun, friendly environment for all management and staff. Team work is something Pizza Pizza prides themselves on.
*The hardest part of the job was the hourly wage.
*The most enjoyable part of the job was the happy friendly customers and enjoying the fun team effort of the staff.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low wages
Fun place to work and great customer service experiences
Supervisor, Health and Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONDecember 14, 2015
Pizza Pizza is an excellent job to learn customer service skills, and food preparation skills. At this job, staff were responsible for taking orders correctly, maintaining a clean environment, filling orders as per customer's specific details, food preparation and restocking of items in the restaurant. This job in a nutshell requires multi-tasking skills in the sense one has to be able to manage taking customers orders, at the same time as cooking food. From this job experience as a supervisor, customer service, cook and health and safety representative, I was able to gain great multitasking skills and customer service skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing happy customers, whether they are regulars or new customers. The hardest part of the job was the resolution of any complaints or having to deal with product shortage. This environment requires high levels of teamwork so therefore all staff must be able to work together as a team.
Pros
free slice per shift
Cons
long hours as I worked at least 10 hour shifts.
Fun workplace, very flexible
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Midland, ONJanuary 28, 2016
The staff I worked with were very energetic, fun and easy to get along with. It was fun coming into work and I enjoyed being at work. the managers and the owners were very kind and understanding of any requests I may have had, especially when balancing another job, school, and extracurricular activities. I was mainly on cash and serving slices to customers, stocking shelves and cleaning. I also learned how to work in the kitchen and help when I was needed. The hardest part of the job would be when when a lot of people were in the store all at once or on busy nights.
Pros
Free slice, energetic workplace.
Cons
sometimes not working enough hours, slow days.
not a good place to work
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 26, 2015
From my experience most of the time you get hired to work under the table and you get treated like garbage. They pay you horribly and expect you to do all the work a manager does for under minimum wage. I would not recommend working for this company if you want to get paid minimum wage.
Pros
fee lunches.
Cons
Very long hours.
Good place to get by
SHIFT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 26, 2016
Fast paced environment with a lot of frustration at times. Have to be organized and be a quick thinker or else a lot can go wrong.
Pros
Free Pizza!
Cons
Long hours/Fast Paced
Fun productive work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONApril 6, 2016
Working long hours, preparing kitchen for opening, going on till, managing staff and paperwork and then closing kitchen at the end of the day.
The hardest work i did with lots of stress and least wage with no job grantee and no benefits.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2016
I worked here for so long ,almost everyday.everyday. Traveled out of town but never got payed for what was promised and management was so disorganized.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Tooooo much stress and no money
Working at Pizza Pizza
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONJune 7, 2016
Opened store, filled out paperwork, served customers.
Learned to use the cash register, and prepare food for customers and serving them as well.
The managers and co-workers got along very well with me and everyone else.
Hardest part of the job was busy days, but it was also the most enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunch's, happy work environment.
Cons
Not enough hours, short shifts.
Fun
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 20, 2016
• Maintained bookkeeping records of all business transactions to complete bookkeeping process
• Reconciled cash box for cash, debit and credit card payments in simply accounting and MS Excel
• Prepared cash report on weekly basis and deposited cash into the company Bank Account
• Prepared cheques for payrolls and for utility, small business tax and other related expenses
Review Summary
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 26, 2016
This is the hardest part :(
typical day st work was okay
I learned lots of new thinks
Management was excellent
My Co-workers were okay
The hardest part of the job was easy
The most enjoyable pert was very enjoyable
I will NOT include any personal ,,,,,,,,, ect
Excellent place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 19, 2016
Excellent place to work.
1. Busy day with all levels of customer, no time to rest.
2. Learnt to deal with different types of customers.
3.Management level is helpful.
4. Co-workers are helpful and helped me to my job when I was new.
5. Dealing with difficult customers
6. When customers are happy with my service.
Pros
Good place to learn new things
Cons
night shifts
Fun work place
Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ONMay 3, 2016
Work under lot's of stress.
I learn a lot from the people i work with.And i always like to learn new things.
My co-workers were the best i ever had.
The hardest part of the job was to fire people.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to hire and train new employee.
Pros
Benefits from the work place.Clean and Safe environment
Cons
Good hours
Variety of product was available
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 31, 2016
Work day and evenings and managed people and worked with co-workers in a friendly way. Different people have different mentalities, the hardest part of the job was, please the customers and most enjoyable part of the job was you meet many kind of people.
Enjoying what I am doing, that is the most important.
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 23, 2016
I have learned a hardworking skills and how to work in groups to get job done in time. I can managed the things very easily in proper way. moreover, The most important part in I am enjoying my work and love to do more hardest job in my life.
Pros
I'll become more active towards my work.
Cons
n/a
Fun place to work. Improve customer service skill.
Pizza Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2016
Fun workplace. Fast pace working environment. Flexible working hours. Team oriented environment. time management and customer service skill. learn how to work as a team.
Pros
meet different people from different backgrounds.
Cons
Late night work.
Cook (Former Employee) –  special eventsApril 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at pizza pizza, learning to deal with various customers and keeping up with a crowd was the hardest part. I learnt to use my time efficiently and always keep up with the pace, since in special events there were always over thousands of people.
Pros
good pizza
Cons
small breaks