Pizza Pizza Limited Employee Reviews

Great for a first job, not great for a second.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONFebruary 28, 2015
This job was very experiential for me, we are just one big family well dis-functional family. I usually work the morning shifts and Friday evening shifts. Usually on a Tuesday morning I will go in count the till, turn all the heat lamps on and open the door. Then we have the school rush and well if you cannot handle this on your own well this is not the place for you. Those kids are sneaky. We had to start giving them a number for their receipts and checking them off when they got everything because they'd come back and try to get their fries, pop or dips for free by saying we didn't give it to them. And then at the end of my shift I fill out all the paper work for that time period. My co-workers are an amazing bunch, we have a tight system. I have had so many laughs with them. The cooks are hilarious guys they always love to put on hip hop music as they call it and dance, it makes the customers laugh and smile; it brings fun into the work place just so that we all have a good day. Now the hardest part of my job is well the hours and when OPG messes up a pick order and the customer is upset. I hate it when my customers are upset because when they order through our telephone center which is OPG they expect their order to have came through to us and made. If you are looking to work at Pizza Pizza and are expecting 8 hours a day and 5 shifts a week well turn around and walk the other way. I get maybe 12 hours a week if I'm lucky, I get 3 hours a day. and I get Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays off. You cannot live on this income. A tip for the wise do not go into a job thinking you  more... will be getting a lot of hours and a huge pay day every week or every two weeks because you will be leading yourself down a very sad road. I love my job don't get me wrong but I went into it thinking I was going to be getting 8 hours a day 5 shifts a week. I do have 5 shifts a week but I do not get 8 hours a day. I only have 5 shifts a week because I was promoted to senior cashier after our last senior cashier quit.
The key to a successful experience in a work place is to always keep a positive outlook and never quit when you think you do not think it is going to work. If you are going to quit make sure you secure another job before giving notice.
Pros
free slice after 4 hours of work, night shifts you get to have dance parties with the cooks
Cons
not enough hours, no benefits, you smell like a deep fryer and cannot get the smell out of your cloths
Fun place to Work with Funny Environment all the time
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 30, 2013
According to the work experience as Cashier to Manager in Pizza Pizza :
Opening Account and Closing Account: handling cash at the end of day i.e. Recording the Sales and expenses
Taking orders: I have excellent skills regarding sales to customers. Handling any type of conflicts between customers and employees. Serve costumer better service. satisfying customer by giving them best deals according to their needs
Ordering Inventory: weakly inventories should be ordered to attain profits. inventory should be ordered exact according to the sales to avoid from being over-inventory.
Payments to Suppliers: When inventory are received, payments to suppliers according to the amount of inventory ordered.
Supervising other Employees: I always try to maintain perfect and safe environment. I always listen to all employees needs and queries.

Management of Pizza pizza is very co-operative.
Pizza Pizza Stores are very busy related to orders we have to make.
Pizza Pizza stores are very friendly.
The stores are always kept clean
Shelves and racks are properly stocked and products do not fall off the shelves.
Mannequins are kept at the right place to attract the customers into the store and rotated frequently.
The merchandise should be according to the season as well as the latest trends.
The store is well lit, ventilated and offers a positive ambiance to the customers.
The signage displaying the name and logo of the store is installed at the right place and view able to all.
Enjoying of my job is always my periority!
Cashier/Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONSeptember 27, 2014
A typical day started for me at pizza pizza at 10:00am every day from Mondays to Fridays and Saturdays from 9:00 am to 6:00pm.
I started with cleaning the counter area and windows and then helping with kitchen staff for arranging the food and beverage boxes and then serving the customers and getting their orders one by one with pleasure.I had learned how to work in a team nicely and how important a teamwork can be and how a friendly environment is effective for my job improvement.Of course a good management is very very important to run the job smoothly.Good relationship with co-workers is as important as other factors in a teamwork and I always tried to behave friendly and politely to them.Actually the hardest part of the job was the times that some anti-disciplinary and disorders happened in the store and the long line of customers complaining about and we were in a distress situation!And most enjoyable times was the time when most of the customers were satisfied,the orders done on time and my manger smiled at me!
Pros
freelunch and coffee was available
Cons
sometimes on holidays and special events i stayed over my time up to midnights.
Hardworker and multifunctionnel in a very busy custommer service environment
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  MontrealMarch 11, 2015
A typical day at Pizza Pizza for me sounds like this : I count my cash so it's ready to be used than i start welcoming the customers with a smile and guide them with a very supportive attitude than i serve them the food they asked and I make sure that everything we need is ready in the fridges in the front as well as on the counters, that the restaurant is clean at all times and I prepare the food except the pizzas..When I have time I help my co-workers in picking up the calls that we receive from the OPD and some custommers, in preparing the delivery bags and the pizzas. On sundays i do the inventory. The hardest part in this job was having clients who couldn't speak properly neither french or English but I used to get out of this situation very well by keeping my smile on and using the flyers and menu we had in the store. As for the part I enjoyed the most it was the team spirit that we created my co-workers and I and which helped a lot in the productivity of the restaurant and made the work place more comfortable
Pros
free lunches
Cons
drunk custommers at the night shifts
Workdays at restaurant
Cook (Former Employee) –  ScarboroughApril 17, 2013
my typical days at the Arafat pizza was to obtain a clean, safe and hospitality environment for guest that were visiting the restaurant, i have learned many aspects of communication with different kinds of guests who were visiting the restaurant, for instance not every guests who were visiting the restaurant came with a great mood. i was mostly in charge of the restaurant where i had to manage the employees to obtain it a friendly and organized place. my coworkers and i were working as a team since we strongly believed ''that best team is better than best individual players''. the hardest part of the job sometimes according to me was the multiple pizza ovens with a temperature over 800 degree Celsius each, but after a while i got use to it. the most enjoyable part of the job was the feedback of our guest who were visiting the restaurant. i felt every motivated each time we got an positive feedback. indeed there was sometimes less positive feedback, where i always as management worked on those feedback to avoid it in the future.
Pros
lunches and breaks were irregular
Cons
sometime we had workdays of 14 hours
Fun place to work and great customer service experiences
Supervisor, Health and Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONDecember 14, 2015
Pizza Pizza is an excellent job to learn customer service skills, and food preparation skills. At this job, staff were responsible for taking orders correctly, maintaining a clean environment, filling orders as per customer's specific details, food preparation and restocking of items in the restaurant. This job in a nutshell requires multi-tasking skills in the sense one has to be able to manage taking customers orders, at the same time as cooking food. From this job experience as a supervisor, customer service, cook and health and safety representative, I was able to gain great multitasking skills and customer service skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing happy customers, whether they are regulars or new customers. The hardest part of the job was the resolution of any complaints or having to deal with product shortage. This environment requires high levels of teamwork so therefore all staff must be able to work together as a team.
Pros
free slice per shift
Cons
long hours as I worked at least 10 hour shifts.
Labour intensive with extremely long summer hours but high respect for school schedules
Special Events Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 27, 2015
Working with Pizza Pizza in the shipping and receiving for Special Events department is a labour intensive job with extremely long summer hours. The pay is great because of the hours and overtime, and breaks (including lunch) are paid. Great benefits are available for full time employees.
This job pushed me to excel past limits I didn't even know I had, and taught me that I am capable of working much harder under adverse conditions than I ever imagined.
Management will push you hard, but is also very respectful of student schedules and will provide extremely flexible hours for those in school.

The promotions team (separate department) is a fantastic job that provides extremely flexible hours and a fun work environment. Travel to and from events is paid, and traveling around Ontario for work is a great way to meet people and learn about the province and many organizations.
Pros
Paid breaks, lots of overtime, flexible schedule around school
Cons
extremely long summer hours. labour intensive
Amazing first job experience, it's time to find another experience.
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 20, 2015
I only work once a week and I'm currently looking for more hours and a location that is near me. I been working at this location for about 4 years+ and I'm hoping to find another job that can teach me a new experience that is related to the program I am studying. I have learned how to handle customers, keeping the store clean for random checkups from head office, depositing money, depositing money at the end of my shift, food handling. My co-workers are amazing people and they are like family. The hardest part of the job is when you can't speak another language when a customer doesn't know english but I can definitely give them what they want by communicating with them through hand signs and writing it out on paper or showing them pictures of pizza and the display of what they want. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to customers especially my regular customers and seeing a smile on their face and seeing a smile on my boss's face.
Pros
My first job experience
Cons
Need more hours, far location
aiding me in being quick on my feet and assessing and solving a situation
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2015
A typical day at work would be busy. Their is always something to do. I would do cash, help customers with any inquiries and or question. I would also stock up on anything missing whether it be it food, drinks or boxes. I would also do side orders such as chicken wings, fries, garlic bread, etc. I have leant how to have better memory now. This is because you must remember the order you placed, the pizza in the oven, who this order belongs to. you can not forget anything or else you might mess up the whole order. Management was nice although it could have been better. I had no set schedule or time, although I have asked for one multiple times. the co-workers were rude. I had a hard time communicating with them, because of their negative attitude, the hardest part of the job was dealing with the negative co-workers. the most enjoyable part was talking to friendly customers. I enjoyed meeting them
Pros
free lunches
Cons
i had no set schedule
A typical day at Pizza Pizza
Pizza cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ONJuly 3, 2015
A typical day at work for me at work would be busy yet fun. I learned how to handle high pressured situation and to also multitask while being focused on more than a single task at once. They were really great and fun people. We worked as a team and co-operated with each other which enhanced my individual skills to work better to become more of an asset rather than a liability. The hardest part of the job was dealing with orders coming from both the front and the back which created a lot of tension as well as pressure in the work environment but we were still able to pull through and are we were still able to keep the customers pleased with the service as well as the swiftness of which the preparation of their orders were completed in. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was to see the smiles on the customers faces when they received their orders in time.
Pros
Learned how to make pizza
Cons
There was limited work space, the store was quite small
Energetic
Aptitude confirmée à l'aide de la bonne procédure (Current Employee) –  saint-laurent, quebecMay 4, 2015
I have worked in many different restaurants such as Pizza Pizza. I have also worked at the school cafeteria which I cooked every lunch hour for kids. I was an assistant manager in my first job Pizza Pizza, from this position I gained an excellent leadership and managerial skill to run the restaurant more businesslike. I am extremely organized, active, hard worker, dynamic, handy, a good communicator, and have excellent observation of what it takes to make a restaurant run well to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
I have learned quick cooking skills while I was working at Pizza Pizza which it made a huge advantage for me to apply in your job. I dealt with stress and wide range of managerial issues in order to assist the restaurant manager as soon as possible. My enclosed resume gives further details about my relevant qualifications and skills.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Good environment to work
Cashier/Front (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 14, 2014
A typical day at work was making sure the pizza was laid out at the front display and serve costumers. If you were busy you would tidy tables push in chairs & clean bathrooms. At end of shift you wipe down front display counters/tables ovens/fryers bathrooms & restocks. The management was nice they were understanding and considerate to your needs. The co-workers were friendly to talk to when there was down time and everyone worked well together. There was the odd worker who didn't like me and kept trying to not only make my work shift difficult but re-scheduled me twice resulting in termination of my position. The hardest part was maintaining rush hour and making sure all the customers were served their proper orders and we happy. I enjoyed the 1/2 off pizza discount :) I wish I could have worked longer there but sometimes it's just not meant to work out.
Pros
1/2 off discount
Cons
miscommunication
Chance to meet customers from diverse community.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2012
I worked 4 days in a week at pizza pizza,its a part time job, a typical days i had observe at work were x-mas,mother's day and 1st january but it gave me chance to do work more frequently and fast, moreover interact with alot of customers at one time.Management of my work place was superb, it was in systematic way no one can bother or face difficulty to perform any kind of duty.Owner(Boss) was very nice and calm in behaviour.As far as my co-workers,it was cooperative, helping and supporting team...well there was no hardest part in my job infact i enjoyed each and every moments of my work.i enjoyed to take new customers and communicate with them and moreover satisfy their demands by serve them better pizza...Besides this it was a pizza company so I liked to eat different kind of pizza and learned how to make pizza...
Pros
free pizza and special discount.
Cons
sometimes long hours.
Enjoyed working with the staff very much
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Petawawa OntarioJanuary 15, 2014
When i first started i was hired as just a counter person..over the years i moved up the ladder to manager. I managed Petawawa, Pembroke and the Renfrew stores as well as worked at the Smith Falls location for many years only on weekends. My co-workers i enjoyed working with at all the locations. Even made some life long friends working with this company. The hardest part was the very long hours most shifts were 10 to 12 hours and the high demand of supper rushes serving many customers and deliveries over the supper rush. When you did a great job for the company you were always rewarded, PizzaPizza being a huge sponsor of sports i was rewarded with many oppurtunities to enjoy a Senators game in Ottawa in our box seats.
Pros
advancement and the rewards for your hard work was great
Cons
very long hours
Fast paced environment and people interactive.
Server (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, ONApril 24, 2013
Enjoyed the fast paced environment, but the company lacked proper management. Quit because I was receiving less than 8 hours a week, the supervisor was screwing with my pays. I had suspicions that I was not on their payroll, and when I received my T4 the following tax season, it was recorded that I made a total of $0.01 in income tax, which was inaccurate. I worked there for 6 months, quitting because I would rather NOT work than work the 3 hours on a Saturday, in the prime time rush hour, which was a very difficult time. Work my butt off for 3 hours a week for $30 or less. Nah. I'd rather not feel like I am being used. This was the worst experience, and I hope to never get back into a work environment like Pizza, Pizza.
Pros
free lunch; friendly coworkers.
Cons
limited hours; poor managment
First fast food job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONOctober 18, 2013
Pizza pizza involved certain hours where you had non stop customers and other hours where you were trying to find things to do. The workers were great but the schedule was poor and hours were not very flexible nor did they end up working out. I learned how to work my first cash register and learned how to make side dishes. My co-workers were amazing and I enjoyed being on their team. The hardest part of the job was the contrast of the rush hours and the very slow hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the free lunch! As well as just having a job. The management was awesome and the most valuable lesson I learned was that personally I shouldn't mix work and family. It can get really messy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor hours, not flexible, boring
best fast food restaurant and fun with employees
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2014
Working with Pizza Pizza fast food restaurant was one of my biggest experience that i had because I work as a customer service for three years and yet still working there. My co-workers were so friendly while working as a team because when it gets busy and we start working as real teamwork in rush hour. I also handled customers during rush hours while my manager was there watching me. The most enjoyable part of the job is we work as a teamwork and have fun because as a business we want to make profits for our manager by making customers happy.
Pros
manager do allow us to make our own food if necessary.
Cons
mostly i work 8-10 hours. i also work overtime when it get busy
A work place where i learned everything i have now due to awesome management they have.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2013
This job requires me to perform various duties throughout day, I
learned day to day management skills. the managment here is very helpful and organized which helps staff and other managers. Due to alot of people working there there are people from different cultures which helps me learn new things from different parts of world. The hardest part is long working hrs and late night shifts which leaves me with no social life and famaily life. I enjoy every single hour of this job, trying to specify something i enjoy most in this job would be hard.
Pros
free food, drinks, awesome work environment
Cons
long hours and no end time of shift.
good customer service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  MississaugaMay 3, 2015
Customer service of Pizza Pizza Ltd. is really awesome. Pizza Pizza try all its best to satisfy their customer. One day a customer had issue that she did not like the topping and she did not have enough time to stay so I convinced her personally and made her believe that we will deliver pizza to her home when it was not still our mistake as she did not like the taste of olives because she was trying them first time. And my manager appreciate my decision because sometimes if one customer is not satisfied so it creates a negative image in customers mind who are sitting their in your lobby or in others mind by negative publicity.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No break in busy hours
Fun workplace, very flexible
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Midland, ONJanuary 28, 2016
The staff I worked with were very energetic, fun and easy to get along with. It was fun coming into work and I enjoyed being at work. the managers and the owners were very kind and understanding of any requests I may have had, especially when balancing another job, school, and extracurricular activities. I was mainly on cash and serving slices to customers, stocking shelves and cleaning. I also learned how to work in the kitchen and help when I was needed. The hardest part of the job would be when when a lot of people were in the store all at once or on busy nights.
Pros
Free slice, energetic workplace.
Cons
sometimes not working enough hours, slow days.