Pizza Hut

7.5K reviews

Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Too far away from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 29, 2014
Good food, busy place, interesting co-workers but too far away.
Pros
free food
Cons
too far away from home
productive and clean place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Belle River, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Overall Pizza Hut was a good place to work. All employees worked hard and were dedicated to a good work place for themselves and others.
Easy hours for High School Students
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONSeptember 23, 2014
I took this job because it provided hours available to me for work while I was in High School, the pay was horrible and I had to use my own vehicle and pay for my own gas, so that really cut deeply into my profits of this job. I would never work here again unless they paid minimum wage and everything else compared to other stores.
Pros
nice people, free food, good hours
Cons
terrible pay, vehicle use, and gas
Fast paced, run-down, and lack of passion or care.
Cook (Current Employee) –  1920 Dundas Street , London, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Pizza Hut is one of my most favorite pizza companies, until I started working there. Now, I know what goes on behind the scenes and who was actually making my food all these years. Fortunately for me , even though I still work here, I came into this business with the passion, care and want, plus all the certificates to go with it. Unfortunately though, this is my first job with the title Cook, and no I am not ashamed just irritated.

A typical day at work: I arrive by 4pm but my schedule has been cut a few hours here and there every other week. Sometimes 30 hours, sometimes less, but most days I start at 5pm. I then get myself ready aswell as then beginning my preparation work for the store. First I make sure all food is safe, clean and ready, then I begin to fill "make-table" inserts (before and after I wash my hands thoroughly), after I see if any orders need to be made and then continue with my mid-day clean up and making/prep of food items. I do not handle food without first washing hands, and in a rush I do not skip this step. Also, I do not take breaks without first having everything done.

What I learned: My first day my manager told me that "Most things here aren't done properly."
I noticed there was no paper towel or soap in dispenser, It was my first day I couldn't do it myself without asking.
Every time I didn't know how to do something I had to ask. There was no real training week or period.

My management and coworkers: Are in the same category because they act the same and know about the same.

The hardest part of the job: The fast-paced rushes at dinner time because
  more... of poor teamwork skills/ management and store prep.

Most enjoyable: I get the most expensive pizza for FREE.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours, a lack of teamwork and leadership skills, and no passion or strive for safe and clean working enviroment with food
good
Waitress (Current Employee) –  wellandSeptember 16, 2014
great atmosphere, relaxed staff, flexible, reliable, fun, willing to train non experience serves
Pros
relaxed, fun, great staff
Cons
limited hours
Great occupuation.
Making Pizza (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Great company and an excellent work environment. Employees are very respectful towards others.
Pros
free lunches, and dessert
Fun and rewarding workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 12, 2014
My day starts in the late afternoon till closing. Valuable learning experience in teamwork, able to work in a very busy environment while paying attention to detail and accuracy. Great co-workers, we all have fun working together. Always a good challenge to deal with customers and finding ways to please or serve them. Getting to know new people and gaining friends is to me, the most enjoyable part of my job.
Very fun work place and friendly co-workers.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  C05September 3, 2014
It's my first part time job, so it means a lot to me. The manager there was a middle age man, very nice guy and patient. My co-workers there were almost at my age, so it was really fun to work with them and we also became good friend after work. Although we cannot get free meal, the best part is we can get the coupon of Pizza hut.
Bake, Deliver, Eat.
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYSeptember 1, 2014
Sell pizzas. Bake pizzas. Deliver Pizzas. Serve Pizzas, and salads/breadsticks.
cashier
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  NewmarketAugust 26, 2014
taking pizza orders from customers, handling cash, Love working with people, work with a great team of people
Great Work Place
Assistant Manager, Supervisor, and Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 20, 2014
I loved pizza hut, I gained a lot of management exp. here and was able to use the info i learned in many management jobs later in my career
nice
Team Member (Former Employee) –  94 sandlwood parkway brampton ontarioAugust 19, 2014
Very nice people , manager very flexible with hour wish i could have worked there longer
Pros
no lunch breaks if u work less than 8 hours
Cons
nice management
enjoyable
Short order cook (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBAugust 8, 2014
Some days it was a fast pace enviroment an other days more relaxed.
easy going phone work
Order Entry (Former Employee) –  Toronto,OntarioJuly 15, 2014
it had flexible hours but not good in terms of security and advancement.
Cons
not enough salary
part time job
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJuly 10, 2014
fun job
met lots of great people
flexible hours
nice staff
great managers
Pros
free pizza
FUN WORK PLACE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2014
GREAT WORKPLACE AND I ENJOYED MY TIME THERE.STAFF WAS VERY COPPORATIVE AND HAD GREAT MANAGEMENT.
Shift Manager
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 29, 2014
Personal i learned alot my the manager that i was working for. He was difficult at times to get along with, but he was a good manger and wanted to take the time to improve your skills and to meet your personal goals within the company
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short amount of hours and the pay is min
Interesting opportuinity involving tips
Server (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONJune 25, 2014
Very involving and challenging position involving food and interacting with customers
Busy, productive workplace. Great people
Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJune 23, 2014
Pizza Hut was a very busy place to work, never a dull moment. There was often too much work for the amount of staff, so I learned how to deal with customer complaints on a daily basis. We had a great crew, everyone always worked together to get things done. The toughest part of the job was probably the clean-up after closing, sometimes it felt like it would take forever. However, I was very efficient and always finished quickly. The best part was meeting and interacting with new people everyday.
Pros
big paychecks
Cons
a lot of overtime
Ordinary pizza resturant
Cashier/Prep/Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 17, 2014
Fast paced/ family owned. Newly renovated. Clean place to work. Enjoyed my time there.