Pizza Hut Employee Reviews in Canada

my first job ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 5, 2015
working in pizza hut one of the best experience i had i started in 2003 till 2012 at my time we had a great team, pizza hut was the first job to give me a cooking experience i have learned a lot over the years
Pizza Hut Review
Senior Cook (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 6, 2015
A typical day at work is fun and easy going but being understaffed, having under trained or bad employees who cant or will not put the effort into being a productive co-worker drags everyone else down. Personally learned quite a lot in time management, customer service, patience, leadership and management/supervisor decisions.

Love the majority of who I work with and I get along well enough with even those that I don't personally like but keep professional relations with despite the fact. My management is good but poorly handle a lot of the time. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with poor workers and attitude. When everyone gets along and works together the work days goes easy. The easiest part of my job is working with others and talking to customers.
Pros
Free staff meals, discounts
Cons
Unpredictable levels of workload
dont work here
Delivery Driver, Dough Cook- I (Former Employee) –  regina skOctober 13, 2015
not good dont work here unless your desperate smelly dirty not fun insane turn around no point getting to know anybody because theyd be gone very soon after they got there good way to meet lots of people fast though
Good vibe with good people
Cuisinier (Former Employee) –  Saint-JérômeOctober 13, 2015
This job was fun because it was kind of my first job and i liked it. The crew was very helpful and reliable. I wasn't making a lot of hours because I'd study full time but I enjoyed it very much.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Long shifts
horrible work environment
Server/Hostess/CSR/Kitchen/AGM (Former Employee) –  hespeler roadNovember 19, 2015
same thing in and out
treat employees like garbage
force overtime
short hours on pay checks
horrible benefits
no staff appreciation
It was a good experience
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  bramptonJuly 13, 2015
My daily work was mostly dealing with customers, I learned how to handle various different situations when being in customer service. It was disorganized most of the time that's where I had to be good at my job so, we didn't lose business. I enjoyed must all people I've worked with and also getting that experience in customer service.
Pros
free dinners, good experience
Cons
long hours, stressful
Stressful and sometimes difficult workplace environment.
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 9, 2015
A typical day could be extremely busy or very slow. There's usually only two cooks on at a time which at times was not enough man power to handle so many orders. When things slowed down, cleaning various areas of the store and washing dishes were done. at the end of the night, last minute sweeping, mopping and dishes were done. I learned how to handle food, how to take orders and treat the customer. The GM of the store was unfair at times and cut shifts or mistreated some team members. The co-workers were very nice and hardworking people. The hardest part was dealing with the stress of a busy night and the General Manager. The most enjoyable part was working with very genuine people.
It was a fun place to work, and fairly basic
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London OntarioAugust 5, 2015
I opened and closed the store. Trained staff and did all the moeny at the end of the day. there was a lot of prep to be done, and it was always busy. The hardest part was working by myself with so much to do at a time. The easiest part was prepping and taking calls.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Low pay, they never give you raises
Pizza hut
various positions (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONNovember 16, 2015
Pizza hut has been great to me through out my school career. It was a great place to work, and I learned a lot of skills and lessons while employed there.
controlled chaos
Server/CSR (Former Employee) –  kipling and rexdaleNovember 19, 2015
same thing in and out
treat employees like garbage
force overtime
short hours on pay checks
horrible benefits
no staff appreciation
it was a fun experience but management was the reason i left their company,
back of house (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, ABSeptember 22, 2015
i loved the work, at the start of my employment the management was awesome, received much harassment and unprofessional behavior
Fun and games
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaOctober 5, 2015
You shouldn't feel left out at work. You shouldn't have to be competing against your co-workers to impress your manager. Overall, Job is easy and fun.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
being picked on
good for students
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanmer, ONOctober 8, 2015
typical day at work is pretty stressful, some managers don't really know what they are doing. Some disrespect coming from managers aswell. good for hours though!
Never stopped working and always had something to do, which is really good to be productive at all times.
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 17, 2015
Awesome place to work at, but didn't have enough management to watch everyone and make sure everyone was doing their job properly. Had a blast meeting new people that I still keep in contact with and meet. The hardest part of the job was trying to get fellow co-workers to listen to you because as a young manager, no one wanted to take orders from you, but the job had to be done one way or another and it was.
Pros
You are allowed to eat food that's been canceled and got 50% off from your meals.
Cons
People trying to scam for free meals
Typical day at work
Kitchen Staff/Cook (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Well for me working at pizza hut was okay. And the food was awesome. 8-hrs shifts. management and co-workers was okay. The most enjoyable part of the job was eating wings. Mmmmm
Pros
good hrs
Cons
cants think of any
Fun and fast paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OnJune 2, 2015
The work team at Pizza Hut was great, we all got along and would even joke around (when appropriate). I was working in all positions, I would prepare/cook the pizzas, cut and box the orders, hand orders to customers, receive calls and take orders as cashier. It was a fast paced environment but was still fun to be in. I was also part of the closing team and would be out the door around midnight. After awhile though, I had to leave the workplace as my grades weren't doing so well. I would sometimes be working right after school, so my sleep schedule would suffer. The only issue I had is that near the end of my time at Pizza Hut we got a new manager and would not treat us with respect, and the store suffered from this. All of our hours would get cut for almost no reason.
Pros
fun fast paced workplace
Cons
management after a while was bad
MANAGEMENT
food production (Current Employee) –  MAPLE RIDGEJuly 2, 2015
pizza hut is completely different than any other fast food, we trust each other on our stations because we work in a fast paced work environment. the management is very helpful about problems at any cause and also treat the workers like friends but also provide a strong foundation to be great leader
job stability, security and advancement
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJune 4, 2015
Working in this kind of environment is quite challenging and rewarding. Challenging in the sense that you will be dealing different kinds of people and rewarding because you will meet lots of friends, and you will feel accomplished especially when the customers are delighted and satisfied with your service.
Great place to work great people
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Courtenay BCJune 19, 2015
A typical day was starting a couple hours before opening and making the dough and prepping the ingredients. Twice a week you would receive food product from Sysco and Rotate (FIFO) the fridge. I would open the safe and cash and run the deposit to the bank and return in time to open the store to the public.
Not an overly enjoyable place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONMay 1, 2015
The company itself is not the problem. It was mainly the management and ownership that was the problem. I thoroughly enjoyed working with my co-workers, and the work was fun and even at times challenging, in a good way. The problem I had working here was the building was in a state of major disrepair and the owner took no interest in investing in the building or their employees.
Pros
Discount on meals, a dynamic workplace.
Cons
Poor building maintenance and management.

2.8