Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2017
Good working environment, good overall management, good pay-rates, most enjoyable part of the job was to do oil panning and making wings at wing station.
Pros
free lunch
workplace culture
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
The Workplace culture of Pizza hut is somehow unique and know how to personality uplift. when I started working in Pizza hut i used to be timid and lack of confidence in my personality. I have learned to change that way of thinking.. Pizza hut helps me build my dealing with people and confidence in myself. The training i got from the Company was absolutely amazing. I learned how to mingle with different personality as well as managing business.
Working with Pizza hut is not just a matter of doing your job but having Fun as well.
Pros
free training, lots of incentives.
Cons
long hours of work
fun work environment
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB30 January 2017
a day at pizza hut can be fun but can also be a little crazy, and stressful. I enjoyed it for the most part staff is very nice learned lots
Era estresante y con bastantes carencias
team member (Former Employee) –  tenia que hacer de todo28 January 2017
me gustaba el trabajo en equipo , pero la administración era deficiente nunca pagaban el día que correspondía , faltaba comunicación y muchas veces los trabajadores teníamos que hacernos cargo de cosas que no nos correspondía
Pros
el trabajo en equipo, mis compañeros.
Cons
los administradores eran irresponsables y agresivos
Fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON27 January 2017
Working here was a really fun experience, I learned a lot about food prep and basic food handling which I carried over to other jobs. The people were great and fun to work with.
nice friendly place
Hostess/Waitress/Cook (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 January 2017
Great place to come with family and friends. Good food. The staff is amazing. Great in doing an excellent teamwork. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing all the other coworkers.
not a good work environment
Delivery Driver, Hostess, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC25 January 2017
Was happy doing deliveries because then I would not have to stay in an extremely badly managed work environment. No communication whatsoever. I blame the the experience and competency of the management staff however and not the employees.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
poorly run
being a line cook at pizza hut
Cook (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB24 January 2017
the job was a good one at first fast paces at times but that was ok the staff was very helpful in helping me get a feel of the place and the management at the time was great i would make pizza and other food items but then my brother started working with me and that's when things went south also the management changed
Pros
staff meals
Decent fast pace resteraunt
Pizza Hut Employee (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, AB20 January 2017
The owner of the franchise was very good to his employees. He made sure their schedules where realistic and treated everyone equally.
Pros
free launches. Great people
Cons
Rushes, rude customers.
manager wouldn't stop calling me the n word
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 January 2017
i'm not really sure how i felt near the end. the original store manger was great and had the best rules to motivate people and the restaurant felt like a family but after he became district manager the store fell apart
Pros
free food untill store manager became district manger
Cons
managers are gods there and they can do anything they want including not work
great place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB17 January 2017
staff was great to work with. staff was also very helpful and in many ways. The delivery drivers were awesome. I like working here for my first job experience as a waitress.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Not enough Hours
Fun workplace but only that
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB17 January 2017
I loved my co-workers but my time table was completely all over the place giving me absolutely no structure and causing my sleep schedule to go out of wack. often losing sleep more than gaining.
Pros
fun staff
Cons
terrible management
Seeking a position in a respectable Company that is in need of my abilities and talent as well as enhancing my knowledge in Customer service and be a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  west bay17 January 2017
In today's competitive retailing world, the best way to ensure organizational success is to delight the customer. Today’s customer is tomorrow’s want responsiveness, low cost and high quality products in a good shopping ambience. Having continuous improvement becomes a way of doing business, where people openly seek new developments and where systems and processes support and drive initiatives. The working environment must be in a way that people work without fear, within a culture that encourages in both personal and organizational accomplishments.
it was fun
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2017
it was fun at first , but after I learned it was only paid by the tips it wasn't worth working there. The people there we're welcoming though.
Pros
good discount
Cons
only paid by tips
A Simple and High-paced work environment.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 January 2017
The job was pretty simple. You would show up, check where you were assigned, work at that location as best you could while making sure you couldn't be of more help elsewhere, shift ends, overtime then actually end your shift.

You could count on your co-workers to help you in a jam but sometimes in these frantic stressful environments that isn't always an option.

Overall it was an average placed to work and would recommend it if you need a simple part-timer.

Best part was the free food/drinks hands down + the discount when not working.
Pros
Free drinks, Free food, discount, simple.
Cons
Overtime, stressful, frantic
benefits
Store General Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK11 January 2017
not good, cut whole benefits money from my money which is high.
no bonus on sales.
incentives which is really tough to get..everything company's benefits nothing for employees. they dont care employees just company itself.

management are very tough, learned how to stay in the market which is good as a owner but not as a employee side.

no recognition, motivation except clapping. no gift no money for extra income.
Productive Workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 January 2017
It was a very ever changing work place. Lot of great and interesting characters I got to work with. There is never a dull moment. When ever there a challenge The whole team would work together to make sure it could fixed. Was a good work environment.
Pros
The co-workers
Cons
Always on call.
Fun work place, friendly co workers and learned lot of things on my first job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2017
Learned on my first job that not all works are easy, but if you succeed you will have no trouble on your work. Learned lots of things like managing my time, and working hard on stuff I need to work. First days are hard, but when you finally learn the stuff and know how your co workers work, how they struggle, you will have fun in your work. What I miss is making the pizza and stuff. What I hate is doing the dishwasher and cleaning all the plates and pans.
Pros
free pizza, drinks, discounts on food
Cons
long hours, cleaning heavy pans
Terrible management but friendly staff
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 January 2017
The management team was awful. They never listened to their employees about their school/personal schedules. I got scheduled on days I had booked off weeks in advance, then got written up for missing my shift. The working conditions were unsanitary, and unsafe. No working air conditioning in the kitchen so in the summer it was sweltering (Not allowed to wear shorts). Mold/dirt/grease behind almost every shelf. Ant problem.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Heat, smell, hours
My first job in a restaurent
Cuisinier (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jérôme, QC3 January 2017
When I got there I was only 16 years old and was still in high school. One of the supervisors was a friend of my best friend and he got me the job. He showed me all the basics and I learned a lot from that team of cooks. Good memories.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
work is early in the morning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9