Pizza Hut
5,481 reviews

Pizza Hut Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
understaffed, under payed, tough to advance and make a living
Delivery driver, and light kitchen help (Current Employee), st,catharines, ontarioAugust 6, 2013
Pros: decent money on some days, depending on manager, or customer cancellations =free or a deal on dinner.
Cons: no incentive over time, fattening food
drivers don't make money UNLESS kitchen employees are efficient and customers tip well... also traffic dependent, and also affected by poor lighting at night, customers that don't have a house number within easy viewing display, or lit, or customers not ready to except the meal-for whatever reasoning, not answering their door for 5 minutes at times, or not specifying a buzzer or apartment number, or back/front door, through gate, upstairs that don't meet building code... the restaurant does not pay enough on it's own.

overall, kitchen/restaurant staff is mostly in a revolving door situation, many young employees, just trying to make things work.

like in any customer service setting, there are always some ridiculous customers who don't understand that they are not the only customer, and/or other factors (like planning daily dough yields based upon last years' sales of that day, and then being short staffed, and then short on supplies halfway through a dinner rush).

to close: not meant to be a career, unless you are going to a regional manager or other "big wig"
It's a fun workplace with friendly co-workers who do their best to make you feel like you belong
Kitchen Helper (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 23, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers, secure workplace, free meals
Cons: in the summer, hours get cut down, on occasion we get busy and are left short-staffed
-I have worked there for 11 months and it is a good workplace

- a typical day at work would be to show up, figure out what station you'll be working that evening, and you fufill orders, clean your station and helpout any other stations that need help.

-I have been trained on pizza making, pasta making, saucing and boxing wings,cutting and boxing pizzas, doing dishes, and basic odd jobs around the restaurant. I have also on occasion helped out the servers that needed help whether it is fetching drinks for them, or busing tables.

-We have four managers and all of them are capable and good at their jobs. They provide assisstance and guidance where it is needed.

-The hardest part of the job would have to be when it gets really busy and we are short staffed, we sometimes are a hard time keeping up wit orders. Also, when we get people yelling at us over the phone for problems that are not our fault.
-the most enjoyable partof the job is walking into work and seeing the familiar friendly faces of my co-workers.
Fun place to work .
Prep Cook, Cook (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 18, 2013
making pizza ,fill the make table ,organize the order and kitchen.
GOOD PROMOTIONS BAD SALARY
Manager (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJuly 8, 2013
Pros: gud working environment
Cons: bad salary
GOOD PROMOTIONS BAD SALARY.WORK DAY CAN RANGE FOR EASY TO HARD GOING ,PIZZA HUT PROVIDE EXCELLENT ATMOSPHERE FOR WORKING BUT STORE LEVEL EXPERIENCE COULD WARY
Pizza hut
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 4, 2013
I am the Agm right now, so I am one of the bosses. I love working with the public. You learn new things everyday, just be open minded and willing to make changes. I have worked with a lot of staff members in my 18 years with the company, and became very close with my teams.
Great environment
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee), call centreJune 27, 2013
Pros: great work team
Cons: horrible amount hours you get, no job security
It's a small workforce, work with 4 other individuals, and we're all good friends so makes work feel easier. Management is good, they try to give out hours where needed, and there is no hard part of this job, its just enjoying your time while taking orders and helping customers
Productive fast paced environment with lots of opportunity
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 9, 2013
Pros: free food awesome environment
Cons: not enough hours
a typical day at work: Fast paced and fun
what you learned: deligate work as shift manager
management: Very down to earth
your co-workers: unique and enjoyable
the hardest part of the job: nothing
the most enjoyable part of the job: everything
combination of work, responsibility, fun and enjoyment.
Supervisor (Former Employee), london UKMay 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: unsocial hours
being at pizza hut was a great experience. there i learnt all the skills. the top one was customer service. i have trained people from various back grounds. i am a quick learner and a hard working person which kept in the priority list among all the employees. i used to reach there in 15 mins whenever they called me, if it got suddenly busy. i had worked with 4 different managers and all of them wanted me in their shift.
Basic job
ASSIST MANAGER (Former Employee), Waterdown, ONMay 4, 2013
great first time job. Easy work. Weekend hours could be long.
Pizza Hut
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaApril 25, 2013
Hostess, Waitress, handling money, basic math skills, cleaning, customer service, phone etiquette.
Fast-paced, fun environment
Food Preparation Team Member (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 21, 2013
Pros: free food, great team members, long hours
Cons: greasy environment, dirty work
A typical day at work consisted of much laughter, sweat and good memories. The most enjoyable part of the job was our great management - they taught all employees about dedication, selflessness and persistence. The hardest part of the job was dealing with grease and old decomposed food.
typical fast food job
ASSIST MANAGER (Former Employee), Waterdown, ONApril 17, 2013
Pros: free lunch and free tea
Cons: hard work for less pay.
Started in the kitchen making the food and advanced to management .Was responsible for taking orders, making orders and keeping staff inline. Also took care of the banking at the end of the night.
Great employees, but the rest not so much.
Pre-cook/Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Guelph, OntarioApril 6, 2013
The employees were wonderful people but the hours were not steady at all, days where you couldn't take a break in your shift, and understaffed a majority of the time.
I really had a good time working here.
Auxiliary (Former Employee), Stratford, ONApril 3, 2013
Pros: wonderful co-workers and busy schedule.
I enjoyed having several duties but really enjoyed being able to interact with people at all times in a very busy environment.
Fun Environment
Manager (Former Employee), Etobicoke OntarioMarch 25, 2013
Pros: discounts, promotions
Cons: non
Working at Pizzahut improved my customer relationship skills along with the experience on how to handle the customer complaints. As a manager i have gained a lot of experience socially and environmentally.
Good first job if you're looking for expeirence
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Niagara FallsMarch 20, 2013
Cons: short hours
Pizza hut was an easy job with no challenges. There were a lot of tourists, and fast paced, busy nights.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Hostess and Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 11, 2013
Pros: making friends
Cons: evening hours
I liked working at Pizza Hut for the most part, my co-workers were easy to get along with and the work wasn't very hard just a lot to do. I didn't seem to get enough hours and the shifts were always in the evenings.
very productive
Server/Cook (Former Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 24, 2013
understand comfartable enviroment enjoyed take orders over the phone, and assist at cut table
very productive
Server/Cook (Former Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 24, 2013
Great work place
Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2013
Great work culture
great employees to work with
Excellent work environment
Flexible hours

About Pizza Hut

When it comes to tossing around dough, no one does it more often than Pizza Hut. The unit of YUM! Brands operates the world's – Read more