Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Pizza Hut typical day for me
Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON15 December 2016
A typical work day at Pizza Hut was that you would walk-in the store with a positive attitude to work and you would do your job. I would laugh with my co-workers. I learned that you can have fun at work while being safe and clean. Management wasn't always the best because most of them were young and it was their first management job . Other then that management was nice to work with if you did your job right.The hardest part of the day would be me the morning for buffet because when it was busy, you could be making pizza, dough, being at pasta station to the front doing cash/ answering phones. It was only hard because sometimes it was very stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job was after all the stress was over and the rooms were clean I liked to think I did a job well done.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Can be a Messy Job
Fun for a while
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 December 2016
Working at Pizza Hut in my early 20's was a blast but I would not recommend it long term. High turnover rates and little appreciation are common.
Fast paced, housekeeping and cleanness
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 December 2016
Preparing of pizzas, salads and other dishes etc.
Dishwashing, cleaning at the end of the shift.
Fast paced, hot. working next to an oven
bien
Chef de quart (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 December 2016
l'endroit est chaleureux et tout le monde travaillait comme un équipe.
Pros
50 pourvent de rabias
Cons
coutes pauses
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative / Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 December 2016
Fun place to work .
Manager is friendly.
But pay is minimum wage for long hours of work.
Hardest part is to stand for long hours.
Co workers are friendly.
Pros
free lunches
Good first job
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MB13 December 2016
Great first job, good pay and also easy to learn. The management slacked but made up for kitchen staff. Worked with known staff of age. Working in the kitchen was experiencing.
Pros
Free food
Kitchen staff
Kitchen/Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 November 2016
Pizza Hut is an overall busy atmosphere. It was a great place to work. As a full time worker there, I did absolutely everything from dough in the morning some shifts, to closing. I learned a lot from Pizza Hut. The management was alright, they were fun to be around, but sometimes not. My co workers were like family. We all got along and then some days we had our bad days. The hardest part of the job was the issues with the staff members which was easily to get over. The most enjoyable thing about Pizza hut were the friends I made and food.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
co worker issues
Decent, easy job but, poor management.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ON28 November 2016
Working here was easy enough and it provided me with good job skills and experience in basic kitchen duties, my only problem was the poor management that eventually led to a few of the staff leaving, including myself.
Cons
Late hours, poor management
very nice
Travel lodge- dishwasher (Former Employee) –  duncan BC22 November 2016
A typical day at work was pretty quiet we got straight to work. and only really talked when it came to work . except for the occasional conversation here and there. I learned lessons on how to be an adult in the real world. management was vary smart, and were vary good leaders. who knew how to run the restaurant. the co workers and I we always sticking to the work, and never really talked much. the hardest part of the job was the dinner rush, and closing on time, the most enjoyable part of the job , the fun me and the crew had to gather
Pros
friendships
Cons
no interactions while working that often
Productive and healthy workplace
trainee for the past 2 weeks (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2016
It was a good atmosphere working in Pizza Hut and I am getting the chance to learn from other professional employees in Pizza Hut
Pros
Rapport atmosphere
Cons
so busy work
Pizza Hut work place
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 November 2016
Overall good job, get correct amount of hours just looking to bring my skills to a different company. I just advanced to a Shift Manager position three months ago roughly. I know how to do dish, cook, apps, phones, front and cash at the end of the night, currently learning inventory. I also served at the other location on fairway before it got ripped down. The hardest part of the job is dealing with complaints but there is always a professional solution to the problem. The most enjoyable part is working with the staff as a team to complete lunch and dinner rushes as well as opening and closing the store everyday.
Pros
Pizza Discounts
Cons
Dinner rushes and complains
Good People
Cook/Driver (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON16 November 2016
I worked there for over 20 years. I've seen a lot of people come and go. Met a lot of friends through the years. The work was good. I enjoyed going to work. I looked forward to a typical day. Assisted lots of customers. Some of the past Christmas parties were fun.
Cleis Neveau
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB16 November 2016
Excellent customers service, good work atmosphere, enjoyable staff and good policy and procedure, opportunitees for advancement and good benifits
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low wages
More focused on sales rather than employee satisfaction.
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
A management position within a restaurant is a lot of work, long hours, not a great work/life balance. Quarterly bonuses are achievable and a nice option, but the extra work required is not worth it in the long run as working 6 days a week, 50-60 hours a week will burn a person out quickly.
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
10-12 hr work days w/o scheduled breaks
Good place but not suitable with my conditions
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 November 2016
I just want them to work on their management team.i have face problem about management. Therefore, i believe that my experience is not good there.moreover, they did not have planned timmings.
Pros
Reputative place
Cons
Poor management
Fast paced effiency orriented job
Production, Shift Manager and CSR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2016
Pizza hut is a company that prioritizes itself on producing high quality pizzas in a fast paced setting. The busy environment could place significant strain on workers unless properly trained and managed by the right people. In my opinion, Pizza hut does posses the proper management personnel as well as the right training for employees to succeed in this job.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Good co-workers
Cons
Lack of segregation of duties
having fun to work
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 November 2016
I am woking in the morning and really enjoying to work with my co workers.the environment is very good but the bad thing in this work is to meet some bad people which bothered us and this thing is very hard for me.and the most enjoyable part is that our management is very good
Pros
good managment
Cons
some bad people
working here is fun
dlivery driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 November 2016
great workplace to work and learn . making and dlivering food is fun , but income is not as much u expect after this hardwork
Pros
free drinks
Cons
uncertain schedules
Good atmosphere
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON4 November 2016
Loved working there. Lots of good co workers. Learned fast on my feet. I enjoyed everything about this place. Would work there again if was offered a position.
Pros
great people
Cons
nothing I can think of
Decent Place to Work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 November 2016
Majority of the restaurants are very well run with a few exceptions. Upkeep could be a little better as far as building maintenance, but they do take care of their employees and do care about their well being. Some of the tightest family is the Pizza Hut family, and when you work there, you know what I mean. Majority of the time, everyone has each others back.
Pros
Work Family, decent pay for work, flexible
Cons
Long hours, insane rushes, false complaints for free stuff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9