Pizza Hut Employee Reviews in Canada

good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 27, 2015
Gained a lot of customer service experience.
Nice co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is when its a busy day and not enough people on shift.
Not impressed with the management.
Poor Management and Unpleasent Enviornment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SKFebruary 21, 2012
Pizza Hut was always a very stressful enviornment. Always something going wrong. Alot of yelling and people getting angry with eachother. There are no benifits, and hours are skimpy. There are to many employers to get full-time hours. Supervisors are over worked. Alot of highschool children work here.
Pros
free buffet
job stability, security and advancement
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJune 4, 2015
Working in this kind of environment is quite challenging and rewarding. Challenging in the sense that you will be dealing different kinds of people and rewarding because you will meet lots of friends, and you will feel accomplished especially when the customers are delighted and satisfied with your service.
easy going phone work
Order Entry (Former Employee) –  Toronto,OntarioJuly 15, 2014
it had flexible hours but not good in terms of security and advancement.
Cons
not enough salary
GOOD PROMOTIONS BAD SALARY
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJuly 8, 2013
GOOD PROMOTIONS BAD SALARY.WORK DAY CAN RANGE FOR EASY TO HARD GOING ,PIZZA HUT PROVIDE EXCELLENT ATMOSPHERE FOR WORKING BUT STORE LEVEL EXPERIENCE COULD WARY
Pros
gud working environment
Cons
bad salary
Pizza Hut
Production Employee (Former Employee) –  edmonton, ABOctober 20, 2014
A typical day at work, was very busy, I often worked during the weekend and for that reason I had a lot of orders to fill. Although it was a challenge in the beginning, I quickly adapted to the workload and pace and enjoyed and felt much more confident when I completed and had spare time do extra work to help out the employees which worked after my shift or for the following morning. This was my first job experience in Canada, so as you could imagine, there was a lot to learn, including the culture at a workplace. I also was a manager in my pervious jobs (not in Canada) so I learnt to step down and start from fresh again, this was a challenge, but I did not give up and enjoyed working as I moved up quickly. I was not happy with the management because of the lack of respect for employee rights and for that reason that was the biggest challenge for me.
Productive and fun work place learned a lot of things
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 17, 2013
When some customers make their special request for their pizza and or wings order, it feels so great that they do request that I'll be the one they want to prepare their order.
Pros
manager meal and discounts, benefits
Cons
extended unpaid hours
Great place to work great people
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Courtenay BCJune 19, 2015
A typical day was starting a couple hours before opening and making the dough and prepping the ingredients. Twice a week you would receive food product from Sysco and Rotate (FIFO) the fridge. I would open the safe and cash and run the deposit to the bank and return in time to open the store to the public.
Awesome Place to work
Delivery Driver/Cook (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ONJuly 6, 2015
Delivering pizza’s to customers, help cooks make pizzas when busy.
Interacting with Customers or regular day to day basis.
Closing out shift every day and making sure money balanced. As well as counting money and cashing out.
Over all
Part-time Shift-Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 10, 2015
I've worked for PizzHut for three years now and enjoy working with the employees, best part of working is the atmosphere. I've learned quite a bit from other pizza parlors and assisted in how i Supervised.
an ok place to work if you don't mind being moved around
Assistant Manager/General Manager (Current Employee) –  winnipeg mbMarch 20, 2015
As an Assistant Manager/General Manager, I am responsible for the overall operation of the restaurant, weekly paper work, schedules, managing labor, food cost, budgets, sales projections, meet sales targets, directed my staff on the requirements of their jobs what is expected of them etc.
The hardest part of my job is training staff, and dealing with the stupid stuff that happened when i was not there.
I do enjoy working with the people.
Pros
managers were offered free meals on breaks
Cons
required to work 40 hours per week (contract) but often ended up being more
Many skills learned
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioApril 6, 2015
Pizza Hut is my very first job. I started in September 2014 and quickly became the assistant manager due to my good work. In the midst of this, I also received my Food Handler's certificate. I was rated the most valuable employee as well as the employee who received the most customer surveys (which is needed every period). I learned how to deal with unsatisfied customers and how to resolve the issue quick and reasonably so that the customer is always happy in the end. I deposit the cash into the bank when I have opening shifts and count all the cash during closing shifts. I am in charge of the employees for that given shift. My coworkers and I have a strong, professional relationship and we all get along. There is nothing that I would consider "hard" about my job because everything is pretty straight forward. But the thing that I am the most cautious about is ensuring all the information I am sending to the head offices daily is correct. The most enjoyable part of my job is making customers happy with the service and food they receive.
Pros
Flexible hours, discounts at KFC and Taco Bell
Cons
Distance from home and work
Fun and a very friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, onJanuary 8, 2014
Fun staffs are friendly and the hours were flexible. The customers were grate to deal with and the salary was minimum wage. Overall i have a great experience and learn a lot during my work period there.
pizza hut
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  torontoAugust 17, 2012
they didnt raise my salary
i learned how to make orders
they gave me hard time sometimes
Pros
have to pay for lunch
Cons
less hours
Decent, enjoyable and busy workplace
Full time Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  edmonton abMarch 25, 2015
At Pizza Hut, we are able to balance work and family together. Mostly weekends are busy and teaches us good time management. The co-workers are very helpful. The hardest part of the job comes when we have to deliver 5 orders or more in an hour. The most enjoyable part includes driving, driving and only driving.
fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Stayner, ONMay 12, 2015
it is a really communicative place, and happy. management was understanding and hardworking. fun place to be. my favorite part was doing things good and fast, getting things right.
Pros
extra hours often
Cons
fast pase
Amusant
Employée (Current Employee) –  montéal, québecJuly 14, 2015
L'équipe est incroyable et amicale et que dire de la clientèle! Les gens donne de bons pourboires et des commentaires constructifs.
awesome to deal with customers
Team member (Current Employee) –  SurreyJune 21, 2015
Good place to work with different people and learn new things.
Get the opportunity to build confidence.
Still not that big platform to grow.
The company has given me the chance to do things in the kitchen that I enjoyed doing.
Kitchen Helper (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 18, 2012
I enjoyed my work though it requires long hours of standing. I also enjoyed working with my co-workers especially when they assign me to other branch. I able to meet different people with different ideas regarding work. Lastly, I really appreciate the management in helping me to keep my job for almost more than 3 years now and hoping that I may continue working with Redberry Alberta Restaurant in the years to come.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours of standing
Did not like working here
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ONMarch 13, 2015
Management was a joke. A lot of innappropriate references between managers. Very inappropriate workplace. 1 or 2 co-workers were actually good to work with but other than that it was garabage
Cons
Not paid well, had to deliver in my own vehicle, hours weren't good