Pizza Hut Employee Reviews in Canada

worked every position possible.
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  ontarioNovember 20, 2015
i worked every possible position with this company. and i got little money, little respect and little help for trying to run a store that i wasn't even wanting to run in the first place.. not a great atmosphere and the wages were brutal. for the amount of work at GM has to do 32000 a year is squat! it's awful.
productive hours and nice working inveronment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 19, 2015
I am working in a full time as shift manager but i can do the responsibility as Assistant manager, learned how to handle most of customer complain and win them back. how to handle pressure when there is bottleneck.
it was a fun experience but management was the reason i left their company,
back of house (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, ABSeptember 22, 2015
i loved the work, at the start of my employment the management was awesome, received much harassment and unprofessional behavior
Average place to work
Shift Manager/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Maple, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Management not very well
Schedules not published on time
Good Learning opportunity
Managers are not well trained
No incentives or timely promotion
No benefits
Pros
free pizza
Cons
not a good working environment
It was a good experience
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  bramptonJuly 13, 2015
My daily work was mostly dealing with customers, I learned how to handle various different situations when being in customer service. It was disorganized most of the time that's where I had to be good at my job so, we didn't lose business. I enjoyed must all people I've worked with and also getting that experience in customer service.
Pros
free dinners, good experience
Cons
long hours, stressful
Typical day at work
Kitchen Staff/Cook (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Well for me working at pizza hut was okay. And the food was awesome. 8-hrs shifts. management and co-workers was okay. The most enjoyable part of the job was eating wings. Mmmmm
Pros
good hrs
Cons
cants think of any
Never stopped working and always had something to do, which is really good to be productive at all times.
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 17, 2015
Awesome place to work at, but didn't have enough management to watch everyone and make sure everyone was doing their job properly. Had a blast meeting new people that I still keep in contact with and meet. The hardest part of the job was trying to get fellow co-workers to listen to you because as a young manager, no one wanted to take orders from you, but the job had to be done one way or another and it was.
Pros
You are allowed to eat food that's been canceled and got 50% off from your meals.
Cons
People trying to scam for free meals
it was an ok place
Server (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown peiSeptember 9, 2015
was fired due to a supervisor not liking me. job was highly demanding work by your self when it was getting busy
food was good
had to do dishes
i learned to cook pizza
Pros
free food
Cons
managment sucks
enjoyable working environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Gander, NLDecember 2, 2015
Its a great experience working in pizza hut, working with the team was fun and enjoyable make our works fast and deliver a great customer service with whole hearted make our customer their part of the family.
Productive,challenging ending with humour
Project Manager Nueva Era Construction (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SKNovember 2, 2015
A typical day at work usually starts with me looking at my work schedule and assessing how to reach the project milestones and completion.Then it moves to trying to motivate workers and subcontractors to complete their task on time.

Finally,it ends with some poking jokes.
Productive and fun because you can meet a lot of people.
Server (Former Employee) –  50 St. Clareview, EdmontonJuly 13, 2012
A typical day starts with setting all the tables and checking the cleanliness of the restaurant and the washrooms as well. You really have to be patient, polite and accommodating to all the customers. Management was fine and my co-workers are friendly and supportive. They just need to add some more workers because sometimes it is impossible to serve a restaurant full of customers alone specially when you also have to bring all the dishes to the kitchen and then clean and set the tables so that the coming customers can use it and then answer the phone and get some take out orders all at the same time. Meeting a lot of people with different cultures and traditions was for me the most enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
free snacks and discount on purchases.
Cons
they lack manpower.
it was a fun job and enjoyed working there
General kitchen hand and cleaning duties (Former Employee) –  Currimundi AuNovember 21, 2015
the atmosphere was great everyone got along nicely, the pay wasn't great but having fun at work made up for that and it made you look forward to working there.
Good in slower times but hard place to work when large rushes appear
Cook/Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONSeptember 21, 2015
Show up, clock in, scrub in, refill any low or missing ingredients, work on orders, clean up the work area and clean dishes, upon closing clean up remaining dishes and scrub down all cooking station s, take out the trash and mop the floors.
I learned how stressful the working world is and how important the team is.
Pros
75% off lunch on <$5.00 menu items
Cons
Long closing hours, minimal staff
Pizza hut Summary
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 11, 2015
I would arrive to work at 4pm and clock-in manually on the computer system. There would always be something to do the moment you got to work. Generally, the phone would be ringing and it would be time to answer the telephone. I love working with people and am very friendly, so this gave me a wonderful chance to meet new people while working at the cash register. As well, being on the phone allowed me to have some wonderful conversations.
My shift would be from 4pm - 11pm, Friday and Saturday nights. Then on Sundays 4-10pm.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Tiring and long hours
some extraactivities room is needed
Cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 21, 2013
It was a first day at pizza hut.
I have to work in the kitchen as a cook. manager told me to clean the floor and front glass of the restaurant. i learn that cooking is a job but have do all the activity.
Management makes the work simple and gives the best result.
It is good to get co-operative co-workers to learn the environment.
When there is load of orders in the lunch hour time that gives you hard time.
customer service job usually satisfy with customer satisfaction.
Pros
we can eat for free talking about the resturant that we work in.
Cons
working for long hours more than 8 the payment is high.
Stressful and sometimes difficult workplace environment.
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 9, 2015
A typical day could be extremely busy or very slow. There's usually only two cooks on at a time which at times was not enough man power to handle so many orders. When things slowed down, cleaning various areas of the store and washing dishes were done. at the end of the night, last minute sweeping, mopping and dishes were done. I learned how to handle food, how to take orders and treat the customer. The GM of the store was unfair at times and cut shifts or mistreated some team members. The co-workers were very nice and hardworking people. The hardest part was dealing with the stress of a busy night and the General Manager. The most enjoyable part was working with very genuine people.
MANAGEMENT
food production (Current Employee) –  MAPLE RIDGEJuly 2, 2015
pizza hut is completely different than any other fast food, we trust each other on our stations because we work in a fast paced work environment. the management is very helpful about problems at any cause and also treat the workers like friends but also provide a strong foundation to be great leader
my first job ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 5, 2015
working in pizza hut one of the best experience i had i started in 2003 till 2012 at my time we had a great team, pizza hut was the first job to give me a cooking experience i have learned a lot over the years
pizza hutt
Staff Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warman, SKMarch 2, 2015
pizza hut is good company. i like working with customers so its good place to working. company have good benefit as well. wage increase also good. they review every 3 months and increase salary.
Pros
free $15 meal
Cons
long hours shift . i worked 9-10 hrs regularly
Not an overly enjoyable place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONMay 1, 2015
The company itself is not the problem. It was mainly the management and ownership that was the problem. I thoroughly enjoyed working with my co-workers, and the work was fun and even at times challenging, in a good way. The problem I had working here was the building was in a state of major disrepair and the owner took no interest in investing in the building or their employees.
Pros
Discount on meals, a dynamic workplace.
Cons
Poor building maintenance and management.

2.9