Pizza Hut Employee Reviews in Canada

pizza hutt
Staff Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warman, SKMarch 2, 2015
pizza hut is good company. i like working with customers so its good place to working. company have good benefit as well. wage increase also good. they review every 3 months and increase salary.
Pros
free $15 meal
Cons
long hours shift . i worked 9-10 hrs regularly
Great Experience
Temp Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 14, 2015
First Nations Technical Services Corp

I start work early and check the messages from the night before, clean up what I can and take the mail, phone messages and send them off to the appropriate office.

The Receptionist is a key part to a well functioning office.

Management was great and cared a lot about his employees and business partners.

Co-Workers were kind and easy to get along with.

Finding work to do on the down time.

Working in a professional setting was refreshing and a nice change of environment.
Pros
Assisted with trade shows and events
Cons
Did not have Microsoft knowledge at the time, was not able to help to my potential.
Fun place to work at
shift manger (Former Employee) –  Deer Run, ABJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work would include going to the bank in the morning before opening hours. Doing preparation for evening staff. Helping customers with there orders and making said order. Helped Schools with planing orders in advance and making sure they would get there on time. Doing the stores food orders (Sysco) and Drink orders (Pepsi co). Did this all alone in the morning till 5pm when other staff would show up.

What I Learned
How to manage inventory for the store.
How to multitask with customers and making there order
How to plan events with schools/business

Management was ok it had ups and downs.
the ups
-Teaching was great
-Helpful/friendly and Supportive

the downs
-Payslips always had to ask (auto deposit)
-Promotions on for different types of pizzas where sometimes unclear or the price was different on the system and signs

Coworkers where more like friends they made you feel like you belonged and sometimes inspired to work with.

Hardest part of the job for me was when customers that would yell and scream at me when there order was taken by the call center or online and placed at the wrong store or not placed at all and your trying to make up to them and it's never good enough it really puts you down for most if not all of the day.

Most enjoyable part of the job for me was when a school teacher
came into the store to give me a letter with a bunch of thank you
and happy birthdays on it. I had the biggest smile for the day.

The only reason I lost this job was because I moved and they could not transfer me. That's it for my review
Pros
free meal a day/experience that will help you with other jobs
Cons
quiet/slow days
Excellent Pay
Server (Former Employee) –  Windsor,ONFebruary 15, 2016
Received in house fork lift training. Was a Material Handler. I was able to stay for two years and then I was laid off. Excellent pay. I would have stayed for life!!
Average place to work
Shift Manager/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Maple, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Management not very well
Schedules not published on time
Good Learning opportunity
Managers are not well trained
No incentives or timely promotion
No benefits
Pros
free pizza
Cons
not a good working environment
Okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2016
The people there are wonderful. However, the pay is too little for what the job entitles. It's very tiring in the end of the day and considering how much workload is given to you.
Pros
the friendly environment
Cons
wage
Pizza Hut
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Typical day included washing dishes, cooking wings, help preparing vegetable and meats, and occasionally helped put food in the boxes.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 4, 2016
I really enjoyed working at pizza hut great team environment. the managers are really nice to work for and the tips are really good
Pros
tips
Cons
driving a lot
pizza Hut
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 23, 2016
Great company just was not for me. I wanted to excel in a more dominant company such as coast to coast. Always topping sales and making customers buy more. Promoting deals as well.
Pizza hut
various positions (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONNovember 16, 2015
Pizza hut has been great to me through out my school career. It was a great place to work, and I learned a lot of skills and lessons while employed there.
worked every position possible.
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  ontarioNovember 20, 2015
i worked every possible position with this company. and i got little money, little respect and little help for trying to run a store that i wasn't even wanting to run in the first place.. not a great atmosphere and the wages were brutal. for the amount of work at GM has to do 32000 a year is squat! it's awful.
productive hours and nice working inveronment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 19, 2015
I am working in a full time as shift manager but i can do the responsibility as Assistant manager, learned how to handle most of customer complain and win them back. how to handle pressure when there is bottleneck.
Productive,challenging ending with humour
Project Manager Nueva Era Construction (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SKNovember 2, 2015
A typical day at work usually starts with me looking at my work schedule and assessing how to reach the project milestones and completion.Then it moves to trying to motivate workers and subcontractors to complete their task on time.

Finally,it ends with some poking jokes.
enjoyable working environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Gander, NLDecember 2, 2015
Its a great experience working in pizza hut, working with the team was fun and enjoyable make our works fast and deliver a great customer service with whole hearted make our customer their part of the family.
Fun and fast paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OnJune 2, 2015
The work team at Pizza Hut was great, we all got along and would even joke around (when appropriate). I was working in all positions, I would prepare/cook the pizzas, cut and box the orders, hand orders to customers, receive calls and take orders as cashier. It was a fast paced environment but was still fun to be in. I was also part of the closing team and would be out the door around midnight. After awhile though, I had to leave the workplace as my grades weren't doing so well. I would sometimes be working right after school, so my sleep schedule would suffer. The only issue I had is that near the end of my time at Pizza Hut we got a new manager and would not treat us with respect, and the store suffered from this. All of our hours would get cut for almost no reason.
Pros
fun fast paced workplace
Cons
management after a while was bad
It was a good experience
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  bramptonJuly 13, 2015
My daily work was mostly dealing with customers, I learned how to handle various different situations when being in customer service. It was disorganized most of the time that's where I had to be good at my job so, we didn't lose business. I enjoyed must all people I've worked with and also getting that experience in customer service.
Pros
free dinners, good experience
Cons
long hours, stressful
it was a fun job and enjoyed working there
General kitchen hand and cleaning duties (Former Employee) –  Currimundi AuNovember 21, 2015
the atmosphere was great everyone got along nicely, the pay wasn't great but having fun at work made up for that and it made you look forward to working there.
Good vibe with good people
Cuisinier (Former Employee) –  Saint-JérômeOctober 13, 2015
This job was fun because it was kind of my first job and i liked it. The crew was very helpful and reliable. I wasn't making a lot of hours because I'd study full time but I enjoyed it very much.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Long shifts
Good in slower times but hard place to work when large rushes appear
Cook/Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONSeptember 21, 2015
Show up, clock in, scrub in, refill any low or missing ingredients, work on orders, clean up the work area and clean dishes, upon closing clean up remaining dishes and scrub down all cooking station s, take out the trash and mop the floors.
I learned how stressful the working world is and how important the team is.
Pros
75% off lunch on <$5.00 menu items
Cons
Long closing hours, minimal staff
Stressful and sometimes difficult workplace environment.
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 9, 2015
A typical day could be extremely busy or very slow. There's usually only two cooks on at a time which at times was not enough man power to handle so many orders. When things slowed down, cleaning various areas of the store and washing dishes were done. at the end of the night, last minute sweeping, mopping and dishes were done. I learned how to handle food, how to take orders and treat the customer. The GM of the store was unfair at times and cut shifts or mistreated some team members. The co-workers were very nice and hardworking people. The hardest part was dealing with the stress of a busy night and the General Manager. The most enjoyable part was working with very genuine people.