Pizza Hut Employee Reviews in Canada

Stressful and sometimes difficult workplace environment.
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 9, 2015
A typical day could be extremely busy or very slow. There's usually only two cooks on at a time which at times was not enough man power to handle so many orders. When things slowed down, cleaning various areas of the store and washing dishes were done. at the end of the night, last minute sweeping, mopping and dishes were done. I learned how to handle food, how to take orders and treat the customer. The GM of the store was unfair at times and cut shifts or mistreated some team members. The co-workers were very nice and hardworking people. The hardest part was dealing with the stress of a busy night and the General Manager. The most enjoyable part was working with very genuine people.
It was a fun place to work, and fairly basic
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London OntarioAugust 5, 2015
I opened and closed the store. Trained staff and did all the moeny at the end of the day. there was a lot of prep to be done, and it was always busy. The hardest part was working by myself with so much to do at a time. The easiest part was prepping and taking calls.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Low pay, they never give you raises
Pizza hut
various positions (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONNovember 16, 2015
Pizza hut has been great to me through out my school career. It was a great place to work, and I learned a lot of skills and lessons while employed there.
controlled chaos
Server/CSR (Former Employee) –  kipling and rexdaleNovember 19, 2015
same thing in and out
treat employees like garbage
force overtime
short hours on pay checks
horrible benefits
no staff appreciation
it was a fun experience but management was the reason i left their company,
back of house (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, ABSeptember 22, 2015
i loved the work, at the start of my employment the management was awesome, received much harassment and unprofessional behavior
Fun and games
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaOctober 5, 2015
You shouldn't feel left out at work. You shouldn't have to be competing against your co-workers to impress your manager. Overall, Job is easy and fun.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
being picked on
good for students
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanmer, ONOctober 8, 2015
typical day at work is pretty stressful, some managers don't really know what they are doing. Some disrespect coming from managers aswell. good for hours though!
Typical day at work
Kitchen Staff/Cook (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Well for me working at pizza hut was okay. And the food was awesome. 8-hrs shifts. management and co-workers was okay. The most enjoyable part of the job was eating wings. Mmmmm
Pros
good hrs
Cons
cants think of any
MANAGEMENT
food production (Current Employee) –  MAPLE RIDGEJuly 2, 2015
pizza hut is completely different than any other fast food, we trust each other on our stations because we work in a fast paced work environment. the management is very helpful about problems at any cause and also treat the workers like friends but also provide a strong foundation to be great leader
it was an ok place
Server (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown peiSeptember 9, 2015
was fired due to a supervisor not liking me. job was highly demanding work by your self when it was getting busy
food was good
had to do dishes
i learned to cook pizza
Pros
free food
Cons
managment sucks
Fun and fast paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OnJune 2, 2015
The work team at Pizza Hut was great, we all got along and would even joke around (when appropriate). I was working in all positions, I would prepare/cook the pizzas, cut and box the orders, hand orders to customers, receive calls and take orders as cashier. It was a fast paced environment but was still fun to be in. I was also part of the closing team and would be out the door around midnight. After awhile though, I had to leave the workplace as my grades weren't doing so well. I would sometimes be working right after school, so my sleep schedule would suffer. The only issue I had is that near the end of my time at Pizza Hut we got a new manager and would not treat us with respect, and the store suffered from this. All of our hours would get cut for almost no reason.
Pros
fun fast paced workplace
Cons
management after a while was bad
Never stopped working and always had something to do, which is really good to be productive at all times.
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 17, 2015
Awesome place to work at, but didn't have enough management to watch everyone and make sure everyone was doing their job properly. Had a blast meeting new people that I still keep in contact with and meet. The hardest part of the job was trying to get fellow co-workers to listen to you because as a young manager, no one wanted to take orders from you, but the job had to be done one way or another and it was.
Pros
You are allowed to eat food that's been canceled and got 50% off from your meals.
Cons
People trying to scam for free meals
job stability, security and advancement
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJune 4, 2015
Working in this kind of environment is quite challenging and rewarding. Challenging in the sense that you will be dealing different kinds of people and rewarding because you will meet lots of friends, and you will feel accomplished especially when the customers are delighted and satisfied with your service.
Great place to work great people
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Courtenay BCJune 19, 2015
A typical day was starting a couple hours before opening and making the dough and prepping the ingredients. Twice a week you would receive food product from Sysco and Rotate (FIFO) the fridge. I would open the safe and cash and run the deposit to the bank and return in time to open the store to the public.
great job
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABSeptember 12, 2015
very friendly staff, they treat there workers like there actually wanted there they give a great job referral and don't half cut there employee standers very very clean job
productive
Server/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  winnipeg MantiobaMay 25, 2015
typical day at work was good.
learnt how to work well at a fast paced environment
Management was alright
co-workers were great
hard part was dealing with the manager alone couldnt reason with staff.
enjoyable part was met new friendly customers loved my job until my hours were cut for no reason.
Pros
customers were friendly
Cons
not enough hours
Not an overly enjoyable place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONMay 1, 2015
The company itself is not the problem. It was mainly the management and ownership that was the problem. I thoroughly enjoyed working with my co-workers, and the work was fun and even at times challenging, in a good way. The problem I had working here was the building was in a state of major disrepair and the owner took no interest in investing in the building or their employees.
Pros
Discount on meals, a dynamic workplace.
Cons
Poor building maintenance and management.
Awesome Place to work
Delivery Driver/Cook (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ONJuly 6, 2015
Delivering pizza’s to customers, help cooks make pizzas when busy.
Interacting with Customers or regular day to day basis.
Closing out shift every day and making sure money balanced. As well as counting money and cashing out.
Pizza hut Summary
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 11, 2015
I would arrive to work at 4pm and clock-in manually on the computer system. There would always be something to do the moment you got to work. Generally, the phone would be ringing and it would be time to answer the telephone. I love working with people and am very friendly, so this gave me a wonderful chance to meet new people while working at the cash register. As well, being on the phone allowed me to have some wonderful conversations.
My shift would be from 4pm - 11pm, Friday and Saturday nights. Then on Sundays 4-10pm.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Tiring and long hours
Over all
Part-time Shift-Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 10, 2015
I've worked for PizzHut for three years now and enjoy working with the employees, best part of working is the atmosphere. I've learned quite a bit from other pizza parlors and assisted in how i Supervised.