Pizza Hut Employee Reviews in Canada

its ok
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Parry Sound, ONMarch 15, 2016
driver wage is bull caca in a small town coming home with 48 dollars in a night when no one tips is unacceptable driving my own car on bad streets for 7.80 an hour is garbage not abe to keep the car on the road let alone put food on the table and payinsurence
Pizza driver
Pizza Driver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 15, 2016
it was commission pay, so when it was a very slow day u made mostly minimum wage, work was best when busy because you could make up to $20/hour
Pros
discounts
Cons
didn't make money when people didn't tip
Workplace to gain experience and help
Dishwasher, pizza, wings, cutter. (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 8, 2016
Food is good, delicious. Fresh, cut every day, new dough made everyday. Loads of dishes by the end of the night, everyone always in a hurry to get home and relax. Rush hours are really tough sometimes without the right teammates. There were a few ethnic issue with Philopeno language talking and how half the workers could only understand them. They seemed to want to group together and talk in there language. Pizza hut is a great place to work at, great manager and great food and service. Supervisors are always trying there best, but always seem to have favorites which seems to get them in trouble or gets others in trouble. Hardest part of the job is keeping your cool when your being taken advantage of in rush hours. You dont always get the station you want so learn to cooperate with one another is pretty important. I enjoy the breaks and small chit chats and laughter that usually present before and after rush hours. I learned alot about being quick with my head and hands. Making sure things are cleaned thoroughly and looking presentable to anyone who walks in. We always try to keep a friendly vibe so customers stay happy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
rush hour makes people cranky.
good
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 5, 2016
typical day of work is making pizza, wings, fries, etc.
co workers were fun and easy going.
doing dishes were hard because it was such a small area and small space for dishes to go on tray.
Pros
once in a while had pizza for work crew
Cons
rush hour
excellent
Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 1, 2016
Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.Taking responsibility of the business performance of the restaurant. I think it is a great job for customer service
 .

Really busy on weekends

Enjoyable part
Food
great co workers
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
no it was not like that but it was fun.
Division as a General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Great atmosphere to work. While its busy and you are running around. I love it's atmosphere and accuracy of work. As assistant manager I have mentioned all details in my resume.
Pros
as a store manager meal was free to me.
Cons
no not at all
Pizza Hut
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Typical day included washing dishes, cooking wings, help preparing vegetable and meats, and occasionally helped put food in the boxes.
Fairy simple and productive workplace with great co-worker relationship
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  1062 17 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2T 0A5February 18, 2016
Like any typical front desk employee in a food service environment, you are intended to have a friendly appearance in a fast pace environment. Standing while continuing to provide assistant to customers and co-workers can be rather exhausting although, the work is fairly simple. I've managed to work at a fast-pace workplace and develop a higher degree of communication while practicing applied mathematics in real life situation.
Pros
Discounts of food product
Cons
Require to stand all day
Excellent Pay
Server (Former Employee) –  Windsor,ONFebruary 15, 2016
Received in house fork lift training. Was a Material Handler. I was able to stay for two years and then I was laid off. Excellent pay. I would have stayed for life!!
ok workimg enviroment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONFebruary 10, 2016
taking orders
morning afternoon and evening prep
positioning sheets
company orders
training
equiptment updateds
communication & team-work
organizing work space/place
cleaning
staying focus on assigned tasked
do what is to be expected as long as work enviroment is safe to do so and have fun :)
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 4, 2016
I really enjoyed working at pizza hut great team environment. the managers are really nice to work for and the tips are really good
Pros
tips
Cons
driving a lot
Okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2016
The people there are wonderful. However, the pay is too little for what the job entitles. It's very tiring in the end of the day and considering how much workload is given to you.
Pros
the friendly environment
Cons
wage
"Shift Supervisor"
"Shift Supervisor" (Former Employee) –  Sicamous, BCJanuary 26, 2016
The store just opened and the owners don't even have everything ready. So after about a month both of them leave and don't come back. They are passive aggressive. As a "Shift Supervisor" I was no one special. We were under staffed, under paid, under trained. I was given the job title of store manager and they never told any one like they said they would, and refused to train me on things. As soon as they told me I would be the store manager I got a text 6 hours later saying that MY store was not running very organized and that this didn't look good on me and no one was happy. Well that's because when they left they didn't leave anyone in change. As the store manager when I asked the owners friend for the safe key so I was able to get change for the tills (which he never kept stocked properly) I was informed by the owners friend that He was the only one to have a key and no one but him was allowed in there. Which told me I was not the store manager and that I was a no one. They told me what I wanted to hear to keep me there until they got other people hired.
Fast pace work environment
cashier (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, ABJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at work for me is preparing ingredients and helping customers. I learned how to keep moving and always have something to do. Management is kind and understanding of the difficulties I have to face. My co-workers are supporting and helpful in any way they can be. The hardest part of my job is the fast nature of it and me being unable to think when trying to go faster than I am used to. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing happy costumers.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Short hours.
pizza Hut
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 23, 2016
Great company just was not for me. I wanted to excel in a more dominant company such as coast to coast. Always topping sales and making customers buy more. Promoting deals as well.
productive work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 14, 2016
• Maintained high standards of customer service during high-volume, fast paced operations.
• Communicated clearly and positively with coworkers and management.
• Cashier: Handled currency and credit transactions quickly and accurately.
• Mastered computer system installed to take orders, close daily sales and all operations
• Cross-trained and coordinated scheduling with team members to ensure seamless service.
• Built loyal clientele through friendly interactions and consistent appreciation.
Pizza Hut Review
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day at Pizza Hut would be getting in at 9 or 10 and starting the days preparation. Doing the inserts and making sure that there will be enough food ready for the day. I learned a lot about responsibility and time management. The management staff was very understanding but also assertive. Everyone that worked at Pizza Hut got a long very well, which made working there a lot better. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be when more people got there for their shifts and it became more fun because everyone were good friends.
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
Long Hours
demanding and rewarding work
Manager - Second in Command (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 10, 2016
work was very go go go. never nothing to do. always something to do wither it be folding boxes or doing inventory or doing closing/management duties you were always doing something.
awesome
Deputy Manager Holding Store (Former Employee) –  londonDecember 22, 2015
the best job ever did. best management and great learnins. the money is satisfactory good. and best staff around at the job

2.9