Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

benefits
Store General Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK11 January 2017
not good, cut whole benefits money from my money which is high.
no bonus on sales.
incentives which is really tough to get..everything company's benefits nothing for employees. they dont care employees just company itself.

management are very tough, learned how to stay in the market which is good as a owner but not as a employee side.

no recognition, motivation except clapping. no gift no money for extra income.
Productive Workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 January 2017
It was a very ever changing work place. Lot of great and interesting characters I got to work with. There is never a dull moment. When ever there a challenge The whole team would work together to make sure it could fixed. Was a good work environment.
Pros
The co-workers
Cons
Always on call.
Terrible management but friendly staff
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 January 2017
The management team was awful. They never listened to their employees about their school/personal schedules. I got scheduled on days I had booked off weeks in advance, then got written up for missing my shift. The working conditions were unsanitary, and unsafe. No working air conditioning in the kitchen so in the summer it was sweltering (Not allowed to wear shorts). Mold/dirt/grease behind almost every shelf. Ant problem.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Heat, smell, hours
My first job in a restaurent
Cuisinier (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jérôme, QC3 January 2017
When I got there I was only 16 years old and was still in high school. One of the supervisors was a friend of my best friend and he got me the job. He showed me all the basics and I learned a lot from that team of cooks. Good memories.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
work is early in the morning
Professional, ethical company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB28 December 2016
very professional company. It is a customer oriented company which is both challenging and demanding.
Employees are treated fairly well by following the Labor laws locally.
Pros
ethical company
Cons
customer based
A great learning experience.
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 December 2016
I have learned a lot of the last year at Pizza Hut. I have become a stronger person and a better people person always giving the customers what they need. It has had its ups and downs working with people who have different work ethic. I have helped build our team up and made our performance improve a lot in the last year.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere good customers.
Cons
Very long labour intensive hours
Great starter job
Pizza Cook (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 December 2016
Great job to start with while in school, no real opportunity for advancement within the company, no raises considered. They work great around what hours you can work.
Pros
Great with working around school schedules
Cons
No advancement, big turnover in employees
Pizza Hut typical day for me
Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON15 December 2016
A typical work day at Pizza Hut was that you would walk-in the store with a positive attitude to work and you would do your job. I would laugh with my co-workers. I learned that you can have fun at work while being safe and clean. Management wasn't always the best because most of them were young and it was their first management job . Other then that management was nice to work with if you did your job right.The hardest part of the day would be me the morning for buffet because when it was busy, you could be making pizza, dough, being at pasta station to the front doing cash/ answering phones. It was only hard because sometimes it was very stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job was after all the stress was over and the rooms were clean I liked to think I did a job well done.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Can be a Messy Job
Fun for a while
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 December 2016
Working at Pizza Hut in my early 20's was a blast but I would not recommend it long term. High turnover rates and little appreciation are common.
Fast paced, housekeeping and cleanness
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 December 2016
Preparing of pizzas, salads and other dishes etc.
Dishwashing, cleaning at the end of the shift.
Fast paced, hot. working next to an oven
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative / Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 December 2016
Fun place to work .
Manager is friendly.
But pay is minimum wage for long hours of work.
Hardest part is to stand for long hours.
Co workers are friendly.
Pros
free lunches
Good first job
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MB13 December 2016
Great first job, good pay and also easy to learn. The management slacked but made up for kitchen staff. Worked with known staff of age. Working in the kitchen was experiencing.
Pros
Free food
Kitchen staff
Kitchen/Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 November 2016
Pizza Hut is an overall busy atmosphere. It was a great place to work. As a full time worker there, I did absolutely everything from dough in the morning some shifts, to closing. I learned a lot from Pizza Hut. The management was alright, they were fun to be around, but sometimes not. My co workers were like family. We all got along and then some days we had our bad days. The hardest part of the job was the issues with the staff members which was easily to get over. The most enjoyable thing about Pizza hut were the friends I made and food.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
co worker issues
Decent, easy job but, poor management.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ON28 November 2016
Working here was easy enough and it provided me with good job skills and experience in basic kitchen duties, my only problem was the poor management that eventually led to a few of the staff leaving, including myself.
Cons
Late hours, poor management
very nice
Travel lodge- dishwasher (Former Employee) –  duncan BC22 November 2016
A typical day at work was pretty quiet we got straight to work. and only really talked when it came to work . except for the occasional conversation here and there. I learned lessons on how to be an adult in the real world. management was vary smart, and were vary good leaders. who knew how to run the restaurant. the co workers and I we always sticking to the work, and never really talked much. the hardest part of the job was the dinner rush, and closing on time, the most enjoyable part of the job , the fun me and the crew had to gather
Pros
friendships
Cons
no interactions while working that often
Productive and healthy workplace
trainee for the past 2 weeks (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2016
It was a good atmosphere working in Pizza Hut and I am getting the chance to learn from other professional employees in Pizza Hut
Pros
Rapport atmosphere
Cons
so busy work
Pizza Hut work place
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 November 2016
Overall good job, get correct amount of hours just looking to bring my skills to a different company. I just advanced to a Shift Manager position three months ago roughly. I know how to do dish, cook, apps, phones, front and cash at the end of the night, currently learning inventory. I also served at the other location on fairway before it got ripped down. The hardest part of the job is dealing with complaints but there is always a professional solution to the problem. The most enjoyable part is working with the staff as a team to complete lunch and dinner rushes as well as opening and closing the store everyday.
Pros
Pizza Discounts
Cons
Dinner rushes and complains
Good People
Cook/Driver (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON16 November 2016
I worked there for over 20 years. I've seen a lot of people come and go. Met a lot of friends through the years. The work was good. I enjoyed going to work. I looked forward to a typical day. Assisted lots of customers. Some of the past Christmas parties were fun.
Cleis Neveau
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB16 November 2016
Excellent customers service, good work atmosphere, enjoyable staff and good policy and procedure, opportunitees for advancement and good benifits
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low wages
More focused on sales rather than employee satisfaction.
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
A management position within a restaurant is a lot of work, long hours, not a great work/life balance. Quarterly bonuses are achievable and a nice option, but the extra work required is not worth it in the long run as working 6 days a week, 50-60 hours a week will burn a person out quickly.
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
10-12 hr work days w/o scheduled breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9