Pizza Hut
3,811 reviews

Pizza Hut Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace and excellent workmates
Guest Relations Officer (Former Employee), Sheikh Zayed road, Dubai UAENovember 18, 2013
Pros: free meal and accomodation and service
Cons: very long hours of work and didn'y get enough pay
over all my stay in this company was good.. but there are so many things that we did not enjoy..like we do not have monthly pay slip, if we want to see it we'll ask our supervisor or manager and they will let us see it thru computer. and we don't get extra pay for holidays and working on our day offs. salary not that high,,
very good
Head Cook/ Cashier (Current Employee), Greater Napanee, ONNovember 12, 2013
I leanred a lot cooking, I have become very good at it. hardest it part is when it gets hot
Shift Supervisor/Cook (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONNovember 4, 2013
I was a manager here, and it was alright. The place was previously ran by just the employees due to horrible management. I would come in to work and I would have to pick up the slack from the previous closers from the previous nights, and the people that worked there, didnt really care all that much about the customers, they just came to work and immediatley – more... complained about how they did not want to be there etc.

Management was still slacking even after being taken over by a new district manager.
The hardest part of the job was coming in and feeling comfortable. I was made to feel very unwelcome when a previous employer was getting jealous because I came in from another store and started to be their store manager, and she wanted the position because she was working there fior five years already.

The best part of the job was meeting all the customers that came in. – less
Extremely nice and interesting individuals.
Server/ Shift Manager (Former Employee), ottawa ontarioOctober 29, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: language barriers
I would go in and as soon as I got there took temperatures of food and appliances than afterwards did basic management and customer service tasks. I learned how to be a team player/leader. My management and co-workers needed assistance all hours of every shift and that was the hardest part not only worrying about my job but everyone's job. I love the – more... interaction with customers and getting to know new individuals. – less
Productive and a fun work enviroment
Assistant Cook (Former Employee), St.Thomas, ONOctober 28, 2013
a typical day would began with all the prep work that needs to be done according to the chart. in this i learned how to work in a fast pace environment when it got very busy at times. the whole team was great to work with and i enjoyed it, i enjoyed learning new things about how a restaurant operates and how it keeps a friendly customer environment.
Enjoy an atmosphere where excellent customer service and care are the number one priority
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), White Rock, BCOctober 23, 2013
Pros: weekends and free meals on shift
Cons: any conflict with finishing school responsibilities
I am looking for a job while I finish my last few weeks of college and the next two months of practicum to follow. I am taking the Community Support worker program and I would like to find something in my field of studies. I would be interested in child care, or respite.
I would very much be interested in any job where I can work directly with the public – more... either one on one or in a team atmosphere. – less
great place to work
assistant restaurant manager (Former Employee), Chennai, TNOctober 6, 2013
Pros: one time food at work
Cons: nothing as much
Ensuring 100% customer satisfaction by interactions at the in house to understand their requirements and customizing service accordingly. Handling operational functions like pre shift staff briefing, peak hour deployments, rostering duty charts, recruitment, performance reviews, and appraisals.Planning for indenting of raw materials based on business – more... requirements and utilization forecasts. – less
Productive and fun work place learned a lot of things
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: manager meal and discounts, benefits
Cons: extended unpaid hours
When some customers make their special request for their pizza and or wings order, it feels so great that they do request that I'll be the one they want to prepare their order.
An enjoyable workplace with helping to serve customers wiht food
summer student (Former Employee), Fort SimpsonSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: little pay
- I was very punctual showing up to work everyday. I would clock in and go to the kitchen to turn everything on. I would then get the food and pizza doughs ready to cook and serve to customers.
-I've learned punctuality and independance within the first 3 weeks.
-Management was good and i got along well with co-workers
-Slow days when customers rarely – more... showed up was the hardest part of the job.
-Making pizza's and getting complimented by customers and co-workers were the most enjoyable parts of the job – less
Friendly environment
Waitress (Former Employee), North Bay, ONSeptember 5, 2013
Serve tables
Did dishes
Entered orders in the computer
Co-workers were friendly and helpful
The Hardest Part of the Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: long hours
Cons: wear and tear on vehicle
Manage, delivering Pizza on time, while Pizza would not always be ready promptly.
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 27, 2013
Pizza Hut is a great place to work, there just is not enough hours for me to be able to give back to the company I am not able to show everyone what I am capable of doing.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Kenora, ONAugust 26, 2013
terrible place to work
management was terrible
co-workers were lazy
Productive, Knowlageble and Fun working place
Cashier (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCAugust 23, 2013
Pros: 75% off for on duty meals
Cons: less hours
I worked in HR and Administrative stream in Sri Lanka and Dubai and I joined in Pizza hut as a cashier and also I am enjoying my self by connecting with customers. And also I just wanted to go back to my own stream since I have more experience in HR and Administrative duties so I believe that if I can work in the same stream I can provide a better service – more... to the company. – less
some extraactivities room is needed
Cook (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 21, 2013
Pros: we can eat for free talking about the resturant that we work in.
Cons: working for long hours more than 8 the payment is high.
It was a first day at pizza hut.
I have to work in the kitchen as a cook. manager told me to clean the floor and front glass of the restaurant. i learn that cooking is a job but have do all the activity.
Management makes the work simple and gives the best result.
It is good to get co-operative co-workers to learn the environment.
When there is load – more... of orders in the lunch hour time that gives you hard time.
customer service job usually satisfy with customer satisfaction. – less
Busy, time flew by.
CSR (Customer Service Representative) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 10, 2013
Busy job, decent management, sometimes long hours. The perks are worth it, but you might stay away from pizza for a while.
understaffed, under payed, tough to advance and make a living
Delivery driver, and light kitchen help (Current Employee), st,catharines, ontarioAugust 6, 2013
Pros: decent money on some days, depending on manager, or customer cancellations =free or a deal on dinner.
Cons: no incentive over time, fattening food
drivers don't make money UNLESS kitchen employees are efficient and customers tip well... also traffic dependent, and also affected by poor lighting at night, customers that don't have a house number within easy viewing display, or lit, or customers not ready to except the meal-for whatever reasoning, not answering their door for 5 minutes at times, – more... or not specifying a buzzer or apartment number, or back/front door, through gate, upstairs that don't meet building code... the restaurant does not pay enough on it's own.

overall, kitchen/restaurant staff is mostly in a revolving door situation, many young employees, just trying to make things work.

like in any customer service setting, there are always some ridiculous customers who don't understand that they are not the only customer, and/or other factors (like planning daily dough yields based upon last years' sales of that day, and then being short staffed, and then short on supplies halfway through a dinner rush).

to close: not meant to be a career, unless you are going to a regional manager or other "big wig" – less
pizza hut part time job in my college days
SERVICE CREW (Former Employee), Cebu City, P07July 29, 2013
Cons: 4 hours
my typical day at work was assist customers, cleaning tables and floors etc., what i learned with the job is how to assist customers and cleaning things
It's a fun workplace with friendly co-workers who do their best to make you feel like you belong
Kitchen Helper (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 23, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers, secure workplace, free meals
Cons: in the summer, hours get cut down, on occasion we get busy and are left short-staffed
-I have worked there for 11 months and it is a good workplace

- a typical day at work would be to show up, figure out what station you'll be working that evening, and you fufill orders, clean your station and helpout any other stations that need help.

-I have been trained on pizza making, pasta making, saucing and boxing wings,cutting and boxing pizzas, – more... doing dishes, and basic odd jobs around the restaurant. I have also on occasion helped out the servers that needed help whether it is fetching drinks for them, or busing tables.

-We have four managers and all of them are capable and good at their jobs. They provide assisstance and guidance where it is needed.

-The hardest part of the job would have to be when it gets really busy and we are short staffed, we sometimes are a hard time keeping up wit orders. Also, when we get people yelling at us over the phone for problems that are not our fault.
-the most enjoyable partof the job is walking into work and seeing the familiar friendly faces of my co-workers. – less
Productive and fun place to work with
SERVICE CREW, CASHIER & DOUGH MASTER (Former Employee), Pizza Hut Gaisano Butuan City, PhilippinesJuly 21, 2013
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: 8 hrs/day
1) part- time job min 3hrs, max 8hrs/ day

2) I learned on how to handle costumer, taking orders, serving foods and sanitation.

3) management is kind and approachable

4) nothing hard if love your job, and i love my job.

5) meet new people everyday and learn new things

About Pizza Hut

When it comes to tossing around dough, no one does it more often than Pizza Hut. The unit of YUM! Brands operates the world's – Read more