Pizza Hut Employee Reviews in Canada

Great first job to gain experience from
Cooking, Cleaning, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCNovember 9, 2015
Co-workers are fantastic people and very helpful. Management could use somr work, training is vague and schedules are always unorganized. A lot of experience can be gained from working here, such as customer service, cooking skills, time management skills, etc. Staff is very easy going and friendly which makes it even better. Always coming home smelling like grease and oil though, which is the downfall of working here.
Pros
Free dinner!
Cons
Smelling like pizza and gaining weight
productive and fast enviroment
Trainee / Delivery (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 28, 2016
- some days are very slow , others are more busy.
- I learned how to be a trust worthy reliable team worker.
- no complaints about management.
- my co-workers were always respectful to myself as I was to them.
- not much to complain about in this job.
- being able to practice verbal / conversational skills with customers at door, and learning how to navigate through the city.
all about the profits, no care for the employees.
Driver, Cook, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NSMarch 5, 2015
not sure why I'm still here. food is sub-standard, wages are really bad, manager is not a leader, head office is all about the profits, it seems they don't care about customer service at all, they question every little step we take to improve customer service. it's very sad, i have no love at all for pizza hut.
Pros
employee discount, here & kfc.
Cons
raises rarely occur, head office treats staff unfairly / poorly
Work place review
Customer Service Representative (part time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 25, 2015
The management team run by a small group people therefore it is easy maintain a good relationship with our co-workers. Our co-workers are very co-operative and helpful.

Weekends are very busy and we feel we don't have enough staff to manage our workloads .

However, the mangers and shift mangers are very flexible in terms of work shifting.
Pros
good team effort when we've had a busy shift and
Cons
Lack of enough staff in weekend to manage the work load
Pizza driver
Pizza Driver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 15, 2016
it was commission pay, so when it was a very slow day u made mostly minimum wage, work was best when busy because you could make up to $20/hour
Pros
discounts
Cons
didn't make money when people didn't tip
prudictive job
Waiter/General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Salvador, El SalvadorFebruary 10, 2015
working in Pizza Hut was fun you meet a lot of people also you have nice co workers, you have to be all day talking and be multitask
i learned how to talk to people,how be patient , i learned costumer service , also was nice to work work with really nice boss and co workers , the hardest part was some costumers are really rude
the most enjoyable part of this job was the ambient of my work at that time, the management really professional
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benefits
Workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 3, 2016
Very nice workplace to work at, but the payment is not that great, however the management is nice and fast and predictable.
Would only work as a summer/part-time job. Some tasks requires lots of intensity and due to lots of customers. Very fun job in my opinion.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too many pizzas
certain team members are not welcoming
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 26, 2015
some co workers were nice but as you were now learning about the business certain employee's would make fun of you for making mistakes. the schedule was not always correct. typical day at work would be answering calls an cutting pizza along with cleaning up at the end of my shift and preparing food for the next day. i learned to work with my co-workers who were not being so nice and better my customer service skills.
Pros
flexible schdules
Cons
employee rules such as dress codes only apply to certain employee's, long hours
demanding and rewarding work
Manager - Second in Command (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 10, 2016
work was very go go go. never nothing to do. always something to do wither it be folding boxes or doing inventory or doing closing/management duties you were always doing something.
ok workimg enviroment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONFebruary 10, 2016
taking orders
morning afternoon and evening prep
positioning sheets
company orders
training
equiptment updateds
communication & team-work
organizing work space/place
cleaning
staying focus on assigned tasked
do what is to be expected as long as work enviroment is safe to do so and have fun :)
It was good experience work with company.
Resturant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2016
I learned a lot as a customer service representative and how to solve the customer complaint. Working with different peoples give me good experience, We build good team so we can help each other and enjoy at work.
Developing skills and gaining experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 11, 2016
This food industry is really amazing. Everyday meeting new people, learning new things and developing skills for our future life. All the managers and co- workers are very good and supportive.
place needs a lot of improvement
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 3, 2016
Place needs a lot of improvement, better management, and a better work environment. place used to be very enjoyable, but management has changed, and employees are not appreciated for the work they contribute.
Hard work pays off
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 2, 2016
I went into this job expecting to just be a pizza cook.
when management recognized my organizational skills my job was escalated to shift manager.
Pros
Able to utilize my skills
Cons
made a tough choice to move back home to my family
its ok
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Parry Sound, ONMarch 15, 2016
driver wage is bull caca in a small town coming home with 48 dollars in a night when no one tips is unacceptable driving my own car on bad streets for 7.80 an hour is garbage not abe to keep the car on the road let alone put food on the table and payinsurence
no it was not like that but it was fun.
Division as a General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Great atmosphere to work. While its busy and you are running around. I love it's atmosphere and accuracy of work. As assistant manager I have mentioned all details in my resume.
Pros
as a store manager meal was free to me.
Cons
no not at all
Pizza Hut Review
Senior Cook (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 6, 2015
A typical day at work is fun and easy going but being understaffed, having under trained or bad employees who cant or will not put the effort into being a productive co-worker drags everyone else down. Personally learned quite a lot in time management, customer service, patience, leadership and management/supervisor decisions.

Love the majority of who I work with and I get along well enough with even those that I don't personally like but keep professional relations with despite the fact. My management is good but poorly handle a lot of the time. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with poor workers and attitude. When everyone gets along and works together the work days goes easy. The easiest part of my job is working with others and talking to customers.
Pros
Free staff meals, discounts
Cons
Unpredictable levels of workload
awesome
Deputy Manager Holding Store (Former Employee) –  londonDecember 22, 2015
the best job ever did. best management and great learnins. the money is satisfactory good. and best staff around at the job
fun place and good people
Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCDecember 2, 2015
i enjoyed working at the victoria bc location on yates street.
the staff and management are helpful and reliable. i have no complaints about working there it was one of the best jobs i ever had.
Pros
free staff meals under 12 dollars was great
its fun working here and the pizzas are great
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMarch 22, 2016
Love working in a fast pace environment and give people great customer service specially during rush time cause everybody is doing their job as fast as they could.