Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Under Average
Dish Washer (Current Employee), Spruce GroveJune 5, 2014
Was a part time job. Wasn't the greatest place in the world to work. It was hot in the back by the oven where the dish washing machine was so it wasn't the greatest work environment, it was too hot a lot of the time.
Terrible Management makes a terrible place to work
Waitress (Current Employee), North YorkJune 3, 2014
I literally loathe going into work the one day a week they've cut me down to. Management is awful and has no idea how to treat their workers. While I enjoy working with my co-workers, management/ownership is the worst and makes this a terrible place to work
productive and fun work place
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 20, 2014
very nice place to work, employees and employers were very respectful and nice. professionalism was on its top, every one performed at their very best.
It was a part time job while attending college.
COOK (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCMay 20, 2014
I would work there again if given the chance. My coworkers were good to work with.
Fun place of work
Waitress (Former Employee), mississaugaMay 18, 2014
Working at Pizza Hut was fun, meeting new people and spending time with my co-workers was joyful.

My responsibilities:

Welcome guests and make them feel comfortable while you’re serving them.
Take beverage and food orders.
Learn menu items and be able to describe them appropriately to guests
Deliver beverages and food in a timely manner.
Check-in – more... with guests to ensure that everything is going well.
Clear dirty dishes from table
Deliver guest’s bill and thank them for dining at the restaurant.
Refill beverages throughout the meal
Work with other servers and be a team player. – less
Not a bad job but not the best (Cook)
Cook (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 3, 2014
Pros: food discounts, straight-forward job
Cons: sometimes late closing shifts, it can be difficult for breaks, training wasn't that great
Typical day at work includes changing into my uniform and clocking in. Usually check if it's busy because they sometimes ask for you to start early.

Prep cooks: Receive stock shipments, M.R.D. all the items, prepare and store toppings, vegetables, dough, and noodles for the evening people, usually work alone or with a few people and handle orders by – more... yourself.
Evening cooks: Work with more people, handle the difficult rush periods, do things on order if prep cook's stuff runs out, do closing tasks. Closing cook decided if you could go home right on time because lots of help is needed for closing tasks. Ask for you to stay a bit late to help.
Keep area clean at all times. Be prepared to work fast.

Learned how to be fast, accurate, how to multi-task and work with a team. Management really depended on the branch. Mine was good; others not so much. Professionalism was an issue sometimes. Coworkers - some were good, some were bad. Sometimes lazy, were late a lot of the time, took lots of breaks, or just didn't know what to do. Training was an issue. Setting up a good training program is what is needed, and proper execution of such.

Hardest part: Busy days and nights, busy prep shifts, lots of stock to M.R.D., fixing wrong M.R.D's, can be very late closing shifts, not lots of room for advancement, not very good benefits besides discounts on pizza, sometimes being the one of the only productive members of your team, not always taking breaks if it's busy.

Enjoyable part: When it's a slow period, you just clean. Easy to book days off - good if you're a student. Good discount on pizza. – less
Fun and friendly enviornment
Server (Former Employee), Terrace BCApril 28, 2014
Pros: tips and staff partys
Cons: irreagular hours
Great starter job, always something to do or clean. never a boring moment for someone with good work ethics.
fast pace with variety of people
cook (Current Employee), Maple Ave. Medicine hatApril 23, 2014
my typical day at work is I fill the make table and sauce some pizzas and then I make stuff crust and sometime make cinna parts and make orders when they come cut pizzas and do dish and oil pans and clean deep fryer and portion wings into bags
busy place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), C30April 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
it was a very busy place to work

learn how to be a good waitress
fun work place fun to be around
Kitchen Team Member (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 2, 2014
a good work place to be in good work environment co workers are good people to work with iv been there for 4 years the most hardest day is mostly Fridays we get dinner rush hour
only work oriented
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCMarch 24, 2014
Pros: people makes the difference(co-workers), team players
Cons: very serious environment
As it is a fast food brand its a very stressful I like to work under stress but you also need a little fun on the job I mean very customer oriented not staff oriented upper management
A great place to begin one's career in the food service industry
Waitress, Hostess (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunities for advancement
Cons: you smell like pizza
I worked here all throughout high school, working my way from a cook to a waitress and supervisor. I left for school but they allow me to pick up a shift or two when I am home. Both of my sisters started working here after me and I highly recommend it as a first job.
productive and fun place to work with
Shift Manager (Current Employee), whitby and pickeringMarch 2, 2014
I love my job working as a shift manager it is a lot of fun and sometimes it can be stressful, I enjoy making customers happy and meeting their criteria in a very welcoming restaurant , I try to please everyone. my days would consist of opening or closing the store, preparing bank deposits, opening till , assigning duties to my staff, working alone – more... , my most enjoyable part of my day was meeting new customers and making some friends with regular customers. – less
average
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: low pay
getting orders delivered on time, hardest part was getting orders delivered on time during a busy days
Always something new to learn
Shift Manager (Current Employee), toronto, onJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: have some freeriders
A good place to start with. You'll have people from different culture to work with and to learn.
The hardest part of the job is when you face a influential customer. &
The most enjoyable part is when you give solution to them or make them happy.
Fun, Energetic, Positive place to work
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Okotoks ABJanuary 20, 2014
I learned time management, i was able to improve on my customer service skills, and phone skills. My co-workers were a great group of people to work with.
stable job
Server (Current Employee), Pembroke, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: half price meals under 10.00 dollars
Cons: no benefits or raises
Management does not work together and they pick favorites. Once you look past that as a server you make pretty good money especially on the weekends. Co-workers are great and very caring.
Fun and a very friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, onJanuary 8, 2014
Fun staffs are friendly and the hours were flexible. The customers were grate to deal with and the salary was minimum wage. Overall i have a great experience and learn a lot during my work period there.
PH review
Cook (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2014
- just a job to have money during high school
- people working there were fine
- manager wasn't the best but was absent for most of the time, or in the back offices
decent
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 4, 2013
helped me learn how to work under pressure and manage time. the hardest part of the job was cooking because the oven was so hot but after a while you get used to it

About Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut (corporately known as Pizza Hut, Inc.) is an American restaurant chain and international franchise that offers different – Read more