Pizza Hut Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun place to work at
shift manger (Former Employee) –  Deer Run, ABJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work would include going to the bank in the morning before opening hours. Doing preparation for evening staff. Helping customers with there orders and making said order. Helped Schools with planing orders in advance and making sure they would get there on time. Doing the stores food orders (Sysco) and Drink orders (Pepsi co). Did this all alone in the morning till 5pm when other staff would show up.

What I Learned
How to manage inventory for the store.
How to multitask with customers and making there order
How to plan events with schools/business

Management was ok it had ups and downs.
the ups
-Teaching was great
-Helpful/friendly and Supportive

the downs
-Payslips always had to ask (auto deposit)
-Promotions on for different types of pizzas where sometimes unclear or the price was different on the system and signs

Coworkers where more like friends they made you feel like you belonged and sometimes inspired to work with.

Hardest part of the job for me was when customers that would yell and scream at me when there order was taken by the call center or online and placed at the wrong store or not placed at all and your trying to make up to them and it's never good enough it really puts you down for most if not all of the day.

Most enjoyable part of the job for me was when a school teacher
came into the store to give me a letter with a bunch of thank you
and happy birthdays on it. I had the biggest smile for the day.

The only reason I lost this job was because I moved and they could not transfer me. That's it for my review
Pros
free meal a day/experience that will help you with other jobs
Cons
quiet/slow days
Productive work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2016
I have assigned in the kitchen and also as a receptionist. I worked in night shifts and also have some good co workers. for me the hardest part of the job was baking pizza and lifting some heavy utensils of the kitchen.
Cook
Cook (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 4, 2016
Simple, nothing too hard, small environment with little staff. Hard to get shifts covered. I am a cook so i work at the back, some cleaning is required but nothing too much.
Really enjoyable place to work.
Waiter/Server (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 31, 2016
The people that I work with are very outgoing and fun to be around while also knowing that work needs to be done. I am never overwhelmed because the layout of the restaurant allows me to move around quickly and se all my tables very easily. Being trained to work there was very quick and easy. The hardest part of the job is learning how to quickly place orders into the computer; the memorization will come with time. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to express my personality through talking to customers.
Pros
Very helpful/friendly co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Family Style Enviornment
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONMay 30, 2016
Pizza Hut doesn't give many raises or promotions but the people i had the pleasure of working with made made the job fun and enjoyable.
Pros
close friendly team
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
Flexible schedules and great employees, but no room for advancement
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 12, 2016
The high ranked members and owners of the FMI Franchise of Pizza Huts do not provide a very welcoming work environment. They do not care about their workers. The management in-store is always wonderful however.
Awesome Job with Freedom.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MBMay 12, 2016
Pizza Hut is a great company to work for. Comfortable environment and friendly staff. Management facilitates a team orientated vibe. Time management is essential, ensuring planed routes be within costumer expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the reactions from satisfied costumers.
Pros
tips, warm atmosphere, Co workers, Independency
Cons
fast paced, late nights
Developing skills and gaining experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 11, 2016
This food industry is really amazing. Everyday meeting new people, learning new things and developing skills for our future life. All the managers and co- workers are very good and supportive.
place needs a lot of improvement
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 3, 2016
Place needs a lot of improvement, better management, and a better work environment. place used to be very enjoyable, but management has changed, and employees are not appreciated for the work they contribute.
Workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 3, 2016
Very nice workplace to work at, but the payment is not that great, however the management is nice and fast and predictable.
Would only work as a summer/part-time job. Some tasks requires lots of intensity and due to lots of customers. Very fun job in my opinion.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too many pizzas
Hard work pays off
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 2, 2016
I went into this job expecting to just be a pizza cook.
when management recognized my organizational skills my job was escalated to shift manager.
Pros
Able to utilize my skills
Cons
made a tough choice to move back home to my family
Great place to work for
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCMay 1, 2016
It was my pleasure to work for them. Store in BC, Vernon, followed all the rules and regulation that protect delivery drivers. Other pizza companies bed rules
productive and fast enviroment
Trainee / Delivery (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 28, 2016
- some days are very slow , others are more busy.
- I learned how to be a trust worthy reliable team worker.
- no complaints about management.
- my co-workers were always respectful to myself as I was to them.
- not much to complain about in this job.
- being able to practice verbal / conversational skills with customers at door, and learning how to navigate through the city.
Friendly but hectic workplace
Customer Service Representative/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work in my CSR position involves working the cash and seating customers who are dining in, as well as boxing orders. I learned a lot about providing great customer service and doing so under high pressure during dinner rushes. My experience with management has been very good, as well as my experience with coworkers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with hectic rushes, especially if there isn't an appropriate amount of staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different people.
Pros
Friendly and cooperative staff
Cons
Not enough hours
nice environment to work in
C.S.R/ SERVER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 22, 2016
did serving and c.s.r except delivery. typical day was overall was always good with the customers and the co-workers almost everyone was nice in the team and management.
Little Caesars/Pizza Hut
Employee (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 9, 2016
Both environments are relatively similar to one another. They are both fast foods restaurants, so is a very fast paced environment.I come in 10 minutes before my shift starts, and start to prepare myself for work, and then i clock into the system and begin to work. I have learned to take orders from customers up front and take orders on the phone; therefore I have gained customer service experience. I have also learned how to dress pizza's and follow the correct instructions if there is a dietary/religious restriction to use the right tools, and toppings. The restaurants were very organized, the managers were quite skilled and would always help me when I was a beginner. My co-workers were fantastic people in both restaurants, when I was a trainee, they would also help me out whenever the manager was extremely busy. The hardest part of the work place is how incredibly fast paced it was, so it was quite stressful in a way, but i could manage it. The most enjoyable part is the positive environment in such a fast paced work place, the workers and managers would always compliment everyone's hard work.
Pros
nice people, discounts on pizza
Cons
short hours
a fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2016
I really enjoyed working at pizza hut.
Every one was very nice and enjoyable to be around, I learned how to multi task at a fast pace and manage time very well.
It was good experience work with company.
Resturant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2016
I learned a lot as a customer service representative and how to solve the customer complaint. Working with different peoples give me good experience, We build good team so we can help each other and enjoy at work.
driver
Pizza Driver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 31, 2016
-packed pizzas
-delivered pizza to and from house
-collected money cash/debit
-delivered money to manager
-commission pay
-got to keep tips
Very team oriented
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Erin Mills, ONMarch 28, 2016
A very fast paced work place, with a lot of high energy people.

2.8