Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Diverse Workplace Environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Toronto,ONDecember 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: non flexiable hours
A typical day at work was clock in take orders in the front or make the order in the back while also monitoring and supervising other co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the lack of cohesion between team members. Very diverse employee member a lot of laughter.
Was a rewarding, challenging and learning experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 27, 2014
Pros: learning the operations of pizza hut
Cons: occasionally understaffed
Starting out on my credentials was great.
The starting location: My trainer was very informative, brought me through all the proper operation procedures within 2 weeks.

I learned the art of making great pizza's, pastas and sides.

I opened and closed the restaurant. Delegated the employees, and drivers schedules, maintained the daily quota.

I learned – more... how to properly staff my store for prime times and for down times.

I stayed at the first location for 5 months and enjoyed my time there.

I re-introduced the employee of the month, to help motivate the employees in a positive way.

Helped every station when needed.

I loved this job, I put in my all and everything I had to becoming a better manager for the future. I would gladly work for this company again,

The Company values, policies, and services overall were exceptional. – less
Great people, but not the best working conditions
Cook, Hostess (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 24, 2014
Pros: good people, easy tasks, good hours
Cons: high turnover in management and staff, no breaks, long working hours
It was a very easy job, and provided descent hours. However, those hours were not determined before, and you could end up staying 3-4 hours longer than scheduled... without a break! Not sure if this was this restaurant in particular, or all restaurants..
good place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Leduc, ABNovember 19, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: nothing was free
getting to work opening the restuarant getting everything ready for the day making sure the food is good and not expired. co workers were a great bunch of people but there was only a few each shift. the hardest part of the job was a dinner hours and the best part of the day was going home
A busy fast paced fun pizza place
Cook (Former Employee), Sturgeon Falls, ONNovember 18, 2014
Pros: employee discounts and sick pay
I really enjoyed my time at pizza hut it was a fun busy place with a good atmosphere and friendly co-workers that looked out for each other over all it is a good place to work.
very fun workplace and good advancement opportunities
Manager of the restaurant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch, advancements, friendly co-workers, good environment, good management
Cons: pizza hut does not have a big budget to give raises
Working for pizza hut is fun and a very good environment to be in , the management is good also.

When you enter the restaurant your greeted by really friendly employees and working with them is also great, everyone is just so polite and flexible on everything its great.
Decent job, easy integration
Manager (Former Employee), St. John's, NLOctober 22, 2014
The work itself is not hard, management was either full blast or non-existent. Too much placed on RGM in regards to bringing in business, RGM not responsible for marketing the business. Standards and evaluation of such somewhat overkill in some areas and completely non-existent in others - inconsistency and over analysis of non-critical items.
Pizza Hut
Production Employee (Former Employee), edmonton, ABOctober 20, 2014
A typical day at work, was very busy, I often worked during the weekend and for that reason I had a lot of orders to fill. Although it was a challenge in the beginning, I quickly adapted to the workload and pace and enjoyed and felt much more confident when I completed and had spare time do extra work to help out the employees which worked after my – more... shift or for the following morning. This was my first job experience in Canada, so as you could imagine, there was a lot to learn, including the culture at a workplace. I also was a manager in my pervious jobs (not in Canada) so I learnt to step down and start from fresh again, this was a challenge, but I did not give up and enjoyed working as I moved up quickly. I was not happy with the management because of the lack of respect for employee rights and for that reason that was the biggest challenge for me. – less
Enjoyable, fast pace work place.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: non-stop environment
I enjoyed working at Pizza Hut because everyone that I worked with were kind people, on a busy day everyone would jump in and help each other to get things done and make the job go faster. I never felt as if I was under too much stress.
Productive and fun work place
CSR (Former Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: awesome discount
Cons: time cramming
A typical day at work is usually fun and productive, were always doing something as a team, we never leave anyone out, everyone is usually involved. What i learned at Pizza Hut would be to speak clear to people, not to be shy around people, learned how to cook pizzas, learned how to answer the phones, i learned how to take orders and delivery's. The – more... management at Pizza Hut is pretty awesome, there caring and they make sure that everything is going well and no one is being miss treated. My co-workers are amazing we all get along really well, we all joke around with each other and we treat each other like family. the hardest part of the job would be that you have so many things to do at once but when you get a hang of it then you will be good, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers they always made my day and made we want to come back to work. – less
Good Experience
Cook (Former Employee), winnipeg, MBOctober 2, 2014
Pros: tip
Cons: rude workers
Learned fast pace Cooking skills hard job very stressfully but fun and entertaining
Too far away from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: too far away from home
Good food, busy place, interesting co-workers but too far away.
productive and clean place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Belle River, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Overall Pizza Hut was a good place to work. All employees worked hard and were dedicated to a good work place for themselves and others.
Easy hours for High School Students
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Oakville, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: nice people, free food, good hours
Cons: terrible pay, vehicle use, and gas
I took this job because it provided hours available to me for work while I was in High School, the pay was horrible and I had to use my own vehicle and pay for my own gas, so that really cut deeply into my profits of this job. I would never work here again unless they paid minimum wage and everything else compared to other stores.
Fast paced, run-down, and lack of passion or care.
Cook (Current Employee), 1920 Dundas Street , London, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: not enough hours, a lack of teamwork and leadership skills, and no passion or strive for safe and clean working enviroment with food
Pizza Hut is one of my most favorite pizza companies, until I started working there. Now, I know what goes on behind the scenes and who was actually making my food all these years. Fortunately for me , even though I still work here, I came into this business with the passion, care and want, plus all the certificates to go with it. Unfortunately though, – more... this is my first job with the title Cook, and no I am not ashamed just irritated.

A typical day at work: I arrive by 4pm but my schedule has been cut a few hours here and there every other week. Sometimes 30 hours, sometimes less, but most days I start at 5pm. I then get myself ready aswell as then beginning my preparation work for the store. First I make sure all food is safe, clean and ready, then I begin to fill "make-table" inserts (before and after I wash my hands thoroughly), after I see if any orders need to be made and then continue with my mid-day clean up and making/prep of food items. I do not handle food without first washing hands, and in a rush I do not skip this step. Also, I do not take breaks without first having everything done.

What I learned: My first day my manager told me that "Most things here aren't done properly."
I noticed there was no paper towel or soap in dispenser, It was my first day I couldn't do it myself without asking.
Every time I didn't know how to do something I had to ask. There was no real training week or period.

My management and coworkers: Are in the same category because they act the same and know about the same.

The hardest part of the job: The fast-paced rushes at dinner time because of poor teamwork skills/ management and store prep.

Most enjoyable: I get the most expensive pizza for FREE. – less
good
Waitress (Current Employee), wellandSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: relaxed, fun, great staff
Cons: limited hours
great atmosphere, relaxed staff, flexible, reliable, fun, willing to train non experience serves
Great occupuation.
Making Pizza (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches, and dessert
Great company and an excellent work environment. Employees are very respectful towards others.
Fun and rewarding workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 12, 2014
My day starts in the late afternoon till closing. Valuable learning experience in teamwork, able to work in a very busy environment while paying attention to detail and accuracy. Great co-workers, we all have fun working together. Always a good challenge to deal with customers and finding ways to please or serve them. Getting to know new people and – more... gaining friends is to me, the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
Very fun work place and friendly co-workers.
Waitress (Former Employee), C05September 3, 2014
It's my first part time job, so it means a lot to me. The manager there was a middle age man, very nice guy and patient. My co-workers there were almost at my age, so it was really fun to work with them and we also became good friend after work. Although we cannot get free meal, the best part is we can get the coupon of Pizza hut.
Bake, Deliver, Eat.
Cook/Server (Former Employee), Newark, NYSeptember 1, 2014
Sell pizzas. Bake pizzas. Deliver Pizzas. Serve Pizzas, and salads/breadsticks.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut (corporately known as Pizza Hut, Inc.) is an American restaurant chain and international franchise that offers different – Read more