Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

benefits
Store General Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK11 January 2017
not good, cut whole benefits money from my money which is high.
no bonus on sales.
incentives which is really tough to get..everything company's benefits nothing for employees. they dont care employees just company itself.

management are very tough, learned how to stay in the market which is good as a owner but not as a employee side.

no recognition, motivation except clapping. no gift no money for extra income.
Great starter job
Pizza Cook (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 December 2016
Great job to start with while in school, no real opportunity for advancement within the company, no raises considered. They work great around what hours you can work.
Pros
Great with working around school schedules
Cons
No advancement, big turnover in employees
Cleis Neveau
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB16 November 2016
Excellent customers service, good work atmosphere, enjoyable staff and good policy and procedure, opportunitees for advancement and good benifits
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low wages
Bad work place.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON19 July 2016
Good place only if you wanna earn just money and don't care about the workplace. Locations not renovated when required. Very dirty environment. Rude management. Not paid overtime or statutory pays.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No benefits
it as a very subtle expirence
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC22 August 2016
nothing was managed properly and there was no security for the employee and everything was mismanaged. n no benefits were given for working in that place.
More focused on sales rather than employee satisfaction.
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
A management position within a restaurant is a lot of work, long hours, not a great work/life balance. Quarterly bonuses are achievable and a nice option, but the extra work required is not worth it in the long run as working 6 days a week, 50-60 hours a week will burn a person out quickly.
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
10-12 hr work days w/o scheduled breaks
Great Family Style Enviornment
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON30 May 2016
Pizza Hut doesn't give many raises or promotions but the people i had the pleasure of working with made made the job fun and enjoyable.
Pros
close friendly team
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
Pizza Hut typical day for me
Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON15 December 2016
A typical work day at Pizza Hut was that you would walk-in the store with a positive attitude to work and you would do your job. I would laugh with my co-workers. I learned that you can have fun at work while being safe and clean. Management wasn't always the best because most of them were young and it was their first management job . Other then that management was nice to work with if you did your job right.The hardest part of the day would be me the morning for buffet because when it was busy, you could be making pizza, dough, being at pasta station to the front doing cash/ answering phones. It was only hard because sometimes it was very stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job was after all the stress was over and the rooms were clean I liked to think I did a job well done.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Can be a Messy Job
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative / Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 December 2016
Fun place to work .
Manager is friendly.
But pay is minimum wage for long hours of work.
Hardest part is to stand for long hours.
Co workers are friendly.
Pros
free lunches
Terrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON17 March 2016
I hate his place. Very unprofessional. Everyone is angry. Nothing is handled in a kind professional manner. No raises. No praise. My boss was unable to handle issues. Cannot give warning or lay-off anyone that needed to be handled as is not doing their jobs correctly and no one would do anything about it. I feel no one is rewarded for doing a good job
Cons
No breaks long hours no guaranteed hours
very nice
Travel lodge- dishwasher (Former Employee) –  duncan BC22 November 2016
A typical day at work was pretty quiet we got straight to work. and only really talked when it came to work . except for the occasional conversation here and there. I learned lessons on how to be an adult in the real world. management was vary smart, and were vary good leaders. who knew how to run the restaurant. the co workers and I we always sticking to the work, and never really talked much. the hardest part of the job was the dinner rush, and closing on time, the most enjoyable part of the job , the fun me and the crew had to gather
Pros
friendships
Cons
no interactions while working that often
Kitchen staff
Kitchen/Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 November 2016
Pizza Hut is an overall busy atmosphere. It was a great place to work. As a full time worker there, I did absolutely everything from dough in the morning some shifts, to closing. I learned a lot from Pizza Hut. The management was alright, they were fun to be around, but sometimes not. My co workers were like family. We all got along and then some days we had our bad days. The hardest part of the job was the issues with the staff members which was easily to get over. The most enjoyable thing about Pizza hut were the friends I made and food.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
co worker issues
Decent Place to Work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 November 2016
Majority of the restaurants are very well run with a few exceptions. Upkeep could be a little better as far as building maintenance, but they do take care of their employees and do care about their well being. Some of the tightest family is the Pizza Hut family, and when you work there, you know what I mean. Majority of the time, everyone has each others back.
Pros
Work Family, decent pay for work, flexible
Cons
Long hours, insane rushes, false complaints for free stuff
Pizza Hut
pizza deliver driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 October 2016
Pizza Hut was great service !
Delivering Pizzas for them was a great experience and a lot of fun.
I learned a lot of time management skills from them so it means they really are on their toes which mean good service.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Terrible management but friendly staff
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 January 2017
The management team was awful. They never listened to their employees about their school/personal schedules. I got scheduled on days I had booked off weeks in advance, then got written up for missing my shift. The working conditions were unsanitary, and unsafe. No working air conditioning in the kitchen so in the summer it was sweltering (Not allowed to wear shorts). Mold/dirt/grease behind almost every shelf. Ant problem.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Heat, smell, hours
Good place to work; awesome employees.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON3 November 2016
A typical day of serving customers usually went fairly smooth, and did not cause me any stress. Although, like every job, everyone and every place has their bad days. I loved most of my coworkers, and got along with them very well. Over the course of working at Pizza Hut, although I am still not fluent, I did learn how to speak a lot more French. As well, working here allowed me to adapt to working in a fast-paced and often busy environment. I would say that the only difficult part about this job was the stress I, along with every other server, were put under when the restaurant got significantly busier, especially in such a short amount of time. Despite this, I loved my job as a server/waitress, especially when it came to interacting with my customers and putting a smile on their face.
Fast paced effiency orriented job
Production, Shift Manager and CSR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2016
Pizza hut is a company that prioritizes itself on producing high quality pizzas in a fast paced setting. The busy environment could place significant strain on workers unless properly trained and managed by the right people. In my opinion, Pizza hut does posses the proper management personnel as well as the right training for employees to succeed in this job.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Good co-workers
Cons
Lack of segregation of duties
Pizza Hut work place
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 November 2016
Overall good job, get correct amount of hours just looking to bring my skills to a different company. I just advanced to a Shift Manager position three months ago roughly. I know how to do dish, cook, apps, phones, front and cash at the end of the night, currently learning inventory. I also served at the other location on fairway before it got ripped down. The hardest part of the job is dealing with complaints but there is always a professional solution to the problem. The most enjoyable part is working with the staff as a team to complete lunch and dinner rushes as well as opening and closing the store everyday.
Pros
Pizza Discounts
Cons
Dinner rushes and complains
Busy work environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON7 July 2016
an okay place to work
long hours with minimal breaks
great management team
easy job tasks
great employees
minimal job security
A Simple and High-paced work environment.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 January 2017
The job was pretty simple. You would show up, check where you were assigned, work at that location as best you could while making sure you couldn't be of more help elsewhere, shift ends, overtime then actually end your shift.

You could count on your co-workers to help you in a jam but sometimes in these frantic stressful environments that isn't always an option.

Overall it was an average placed to work and would recommend it if you need a simple part-timer.

Best part was the free food/drinks hands down + the discount when not working.
Pros
Free drinks, Free food, discount, simple.
Cons
Overtime, stressful, frantic

2.9