Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Kitchen staff
Kitchen/Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 November 2016
Pizza Hut is an overall busy atmosphere. It was a great place to work. As a full time worker there, I did absolutely everything from dough in the morning some shifts, to closing. I learned a lot from Pizza Hut. The management was alright, they were fun to be around, but sometimes not. My co workers were like family. We all got along and then some days we had our bad days. The hardest part of the job was the issues with the staff members which was easily to get over. The most enjoyable thing about Pizza hut were the friends I made and food.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
co worker issues
Pizza Hut work place
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 November 2016
Overall good job, get correct amount of hours just looking to bring my skills to a different company. I just advanced to a Shift Manager position three months ago roughly. I know how to do dish, cook, apps, phones, front and cash at the end of the night, currently learning inventory. I also served at the other location on fairway before it got ripped down. The hardest part of the job is dealing with complaints but there is always a professional solution to the problem. The most enjoyable part is working with the staff as a team to complete lunch and dinner rushes as well as opening and closing the store everyday.
Pros
Pizza Discounts
Cons
Dinner rushes and complains
Decent Place to Work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 November 2016
Majority of the restaurants are very well run with a few exceptions. Upkeep could be a little better as far as building maintenance, but they do take care of their employees and do care about their well being. Some of the tightest family is the Pizza Hut family, and when you work there, you know what I mean. Majority of the time, everyone has each others back.
Pros
Work Family, decent pay for work, flexible
Cons
Long hours, insane rushes, false complaints for free stuff
Fast paced effiency orriented job
Production, Shift Manager and CSR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2016
Pizza hut is a company that prioritizes itself on producing high quality pizzas in a fast paced setting. The busy environment could place significant strain on workers unless properly trained and managed by the right people. In my opinion, Pizza hut does posses the proper management personnel as well as the right training for employees to succeed in this job.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Good co-workers
Cons
Lack of segregation of duties
very nice
Travel lodge- dishwasher (Former Employee) –  duncan BC22 November 2016
A typical day at work was pretty quiet we got straight to work. and only really talked when it came to work . except for the occasional conversation here and there. I learned lessons on how to be an adult in the real world. management was vary smart, and were vary good leaders. who knew how to run the restaurant. the co workers and I we always sticking to the work, and never really talked much. the hardest part of the job was the dinner rush, and closing on time, the most enjoyable part of the job , the fun me and the crew had to gather
Pros
friendships
Cons
no interactions while working that often
Learning experience
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 October 2016
A typical day at work I would either be taking calls, and orders, cutting pizza, or making food.

I learnt how to work in a fast pace workplace.

The management was strict, but in a good way.

I liked my coworkers.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to make all the different pizza's.

The most enjoyable part of the job was taking calls, and taking orders.
Pros
Free personal sized pizza, and a drink.
Cons
Paper cuts from receipts
Good place to work; awesome employees.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON3 November 2016
A typical day of serving customers usually went fairly smooth, and did not cause me any stress. Although, like every job, everyone and every place has their bad days. I loved most of my coworkers, and got along with them very well. Over the course of working at Pizza Hut, although I am still not fluent, I did learn how to speak a lot more French. As well, working here allowed me to adapt to working in a fast-paced and often busy environment. I would say that the only difficult part about this job was the stress I, along with every other server, were put under when the restaurant got significantly busier, especially in such a short amount of time. Despite this, I loved my job as a server/waitress, especially when it came to interacting with my customers and putting a smile on their face.
More focused on sales rather than employee satisfaction.
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
A management position within a restaurant is a lot of work, long hours, not a great work/life balance. Quarterly bonuses are achievable and a nice option, but the extra work required is not worth it in the long run as working 6 days a week, 50-60 hours a week will burn a person out quickly.
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
10-12 hr work days w/o scheduled breaks
Fast paced and friendly
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON3 November 2016
Working at pizza hut was never a stressful day at work. I learned that the customer is always right no matter the situation. I would love coming into work every day as a server and get to meet new people and tend to them. Also being a cook taught me many new cooking abilities as well as making pizza dough.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Swamped with orders
Great place to work!!
Server/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dauphin, MB15 July 2016
A great way to meet new people. My outgoing personality really comes out. The management is great, very easy to work with in accommodating scheduling. I thrive on excellence as I would expect from others when I would go to a restaurant. I will treat staff and patrons in a respectable manner . I would have to say there is no difficulty in this job expect working at times in a stressful situation. could be phones ringing, customers at till , customers in restaurant and then short staff. When this happens the managers step up and help out
Pros
accomadating
Cons
never knowing when done on a volume shift
Family-oriented workspace, light environment in the mornings, hectic at nights
Cook, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 September 2016
Everyone was respectful at work and made sure everything worked in harmony. The morning shifts were steady due to the prep work, regular orders, and the lunch buffet rush. Nights had an ebb and flow depending on the customer traffic, and staffing.
Good place but not suitable with my conditions
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 November 2016
I just want them to work on their management team.i have face problem about management. Therefore, i believe that my experience is not good there.moreover, they did not have planned timmings.
Pros
Reputative place
Cons
Poor management
Good job; terrible training
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 June 2016
Was never trained properly so when something was done incorrectly, I'm always to blame. Good place to work due to the employees but they have to do something about their training. As well as they need to find a way to properly pay their employees (E.g., must clock out at the end of shift on time even when you have a table still eating (if you're server) or must stay after shift to finish paperwork).
fun fast paced work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS22 June 2016
was a 2 in 1 with kfc, after being bought by another company, the business has completely down hill, they got rid of a lot of valued employees who had been there for years, the management and staff there now are lazy and don't seem to have a clue what's going on usually. I don't even eat there anymore because the food quality is horrible now
Pros
worked with great people
Cons
no room for advancement, its poorly run now
Productive and fun place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 June 2016
Every shift I usually start by completing my cleaning list while taking orders and answering phone calls. I always make sure when customers walk in or call the store I drop everything I am doing to assist the customers first since they are our prioirity.

The whole goal of the job is customer satisfaction and making it an enjoyable work place for staff as well. The hardest part of the job would definitely be satisfying the unhappy customers. Maintaining a strong and reasonable attitude with some can be a challenge, but challenges have made me grow in a lot of ways with this company.

I can say I have learned a lot from this job since there is constant changes and new customers every day.
Pros
The RGM is very reasonable and kind.
Cons
Not the best hours.
Decent, easy job but, poor management.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ON28 November 2016
Working here was easy enough and it provided me with good job skills and experience in basic kitchen duties, my only problem was the poor management that eventually led to a few of the staff leaving, including myself.
Cons
Late hours, poor management
Good People
Cook/Driver (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON16 November 2016
I worked there for over 20 years. I've seen a lot of people come and go. Met a lot of friends through the years. The work was good. I enjoyed going to work. I looked forward to a typical day. Assisted lots of customers. Some of the past Christmas parties were fun.
Really enjoyable place to work.
Waiter/Server (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON31 May 2016
The people that I work with are very outgoing and fun to be around while also knowing that work needs to be done. I am never overwhelmed because the layout of the restaurant allows me to move around quickly and se all my tables very easily. Being trained to work there was very quick and easy. The hardest part of the job is learning how to quickly place orders into the computer; the memorization will come with time. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to express my personality through talking to customers.
Pros
Very helpful/friendly co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Pizza Hut
pizza deliver driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 October 2016
Pizza Hut was great service !
Delivering Pizzas for them was a great experience and a lot of fun.
I learned a lot of time management skills from them so it means they really are on their toes which mean good service.
Pros
Free Lunches
working at pizza hut
work shift manager/cashier (Former Employee) –  bayview and merton24 October 2016
A typical day at pizza hut would be making a minimum of 100 pizza during a 6 hour shift. I learned that teamwork is the number one thing in working in the food industry.
Pros
free lunches and dinners
Cons
long bus ride home

2.9