Pizza Hut Employee Reviews in Canada

Terrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONMarch 17, 2016
I hate his place. Very unprofessional. Everyone is angry. Nothing is handled in a kind professional manner. No raises. No praise. My boss was unable to handle issues. Cannot give warning or lay-off anyone that needed to be handled as is not doing their jobs correctly and no one would do anything about it. I feel no one is rewarded for doing a good job
Cons
No breaks long hours no guaranteed hours
Pizza Hut Review
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day at Pizza Hut would be getting in at 9 or 10 and starting the days preparation. Doing the inserts and making sure that there will be enough food ready for the day. I learned a lot about responsibility and time management. The management staff was very understanding but also assertive. Everyone that worked at Pizza Hut got a long very well, which made working there a lot better. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be when more people got there for their shifts and it became more fun because everyone were good friends.
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
Long Hours
Delivery Driver
Owner/Operator Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MBMarch 27, 2016
Pay wasn't great you only made decent money if the restaurant was super busy, mainly relied on tips to average out a fair days wage. Management looks out for its self and seems to care little about their employees, Co-workers were fine but many under trained and over worked putting time restraints harder on drivers. It isn't hard as much as just stressful.
Pros
50% off durring work hours 20% off when not and at taco bell and Kfc
Cons
Hours were garbage, Pay was bad, little mutual respect among management and employees
Place with great costumers
Pizza Hut (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCMarch 21, 2016
A typical day at work busy

I learned to be good at working over obstacles

The management was good

Co- workers were very hard working

The hardest part about the job was when it was too busy

The most enjoyable part was succeeding for the day
Pros
It was a free spirited kind of atmosphere
Cons
sometimes things were disorganised
Productive and fun place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 22, 2016
Every shift I usually start by completing my cleaning list while taking orders and answering phone calls. I always make sure when customers walk in or call the store I drop everything I am doing to assist the customers first since they are our prioirity.

The whole goal of the job is customer satisfaction and making it an enjoyable work place for staff as well. The hardest part of the job would definitely be satisfying the unhappy customers. Maintaining a strong and reasonable attitude with some can be a challenge, but challenges have made me grow in a lot of ways with this company.

I can say I have learned a lot from this job since there is constant changes and new customers every day.
Pros
The RGM is very reasonable and kind.
Cons
Not the best hours.
Fast pace work environment
cashier (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, ABJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at work for me is preparing ingredients and helping customers. I learned how to keep moving and always have something to do. Management is kind and understanding of the difficulties I have to face. My co-workers are supporting and helpful in any way they can be. The hardest part of my job is the fast nature of it and me being unable to think when trying to go faster than I am used to. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing happy costumers.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Short hours.
productive work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 14, 2016
• Maintained high standards of customer service during high-volume, fast paced operations.
• Communicated clearly and positively with coworkers and management.
• Cashier: Handled currency and credit transactions quickly and accurately.
• Mastered computer system installed to take orders, close daily sales and all operations
• Cross-trained and coordinated scheduling with team members to ensure seamless service.
• Built loyal clientele through friendly interactions and consistent appreciation.
Great place to work!!
Server/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dauphin, MBJuly 15, 2016
A great way to meet new people. My outgoing personality really comes out. The management is great, very easy to work with in accommodating scheduling. I thrive on excellence as I would expect from others when I would go to a restaurant. I will treat staff and patrons in a respectable manner . I would have to say there is no difficulty in this job expect working at times in a stressful situation. could be phones ringing, customers at till , customers in restaurant and then short staff. When this happens the managers step up and help out
Pros
accomadating
Cons
never knowing when done on a volume shift
hectic and complaintive workers
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABMarch 15, 2016
dealing with traffic and fixing orders
how to deal with all sorts of people
management was nice but not willing to train
friendly and knowledgeable people to work with
dealing with unruly customers
being my own boss
Pros
meeting new people all the time
Cons
really fast paced and frantic environment
Really enjoyable place to work.
Waiter/Server (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 31, 2016
The people that I work with are very outgoing and fun to be around while also knowing that work needs to be done. I am never overwhelmed because the layout of the restaurant allows me to move around quickly and se all my tables very easily. Being trained to work there was very quick and easy. The hardest part of the job is learning how to quickly place orders into the computer; the memorization will come with time. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to express my personality through talking to customers.
Pros
Very helpful/friendly co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Friendly but hectic workplace
Customer Service Representative/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work in my CSR position involves working the cash and seating customers who are dining in, as well as boxing orders. I learned a lot about providing great customer service and doing so under high pressure during dinner rushes. My experience with management has been very good, as well as my experience with coworkers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with hectic rushes, especially if there isn't an appropriate amount of staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different people.
Pros
Friendly and cooperative staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Little Caesars/Pizza Hut
Employee (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 9, 2016
Both environments are relatively similar to one another. They are both fast foods restaurants, so is a very fast paced environment.I come in 10 minutes before my shift starts, and start to prepare myself for work, and then i clock into the system and begin to work. I have learned to take orders from customers up front and take orders on the phone; therefore I have gained customer service experience. I have also learned how to dress pizza's and follow the correct instructions if there is a dietary/religious restriction to use the right tools, and toppings. The restaurants were very organized, the managers were quite skilled and would always help me when I was a beginner. My co-workers were fantastic people in both restaurants, when I was a trainee, they would also help me out whenever the manager was extremely busy. The hardest part of the work place is how incredibly fast paced it was, so it was quite stressful in a way, but i could manage it. The most enjoyable part is the positive environment in such a fast paced work place, the workers and managers would always compliment everyone's hard work.
Pros
nice people, discounts on pizza
Cons
short hours
Fun work place

Really busy on weekends

Enjoyable part
Food
great co workers
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
fun fast paced work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSJune 22, 2016
was a 2 in 1 with kfc, after being bought by another company, the business has completely down hill, they got rid of a lot of valued employees who had been there for years, the management and staff there now are lazy and don't seem to have a clue what's going on usually. I don't even eat there anymore because the food quality is horrible now
Pros
worked with great people
Cons
no room for advancement, its poorly run now
Good job; terrible training
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 26, 2016
Was never trained properly so when something was done incorrectly, I'm always to blame. Good place to work due to the employees but they have to do something about their training. As well as they need to find a way to properly pay their employees (E.g., must clock out at the end of shift on time even when you have a table still eating (if you're server) or must stay after shift to finish paperwork).
very low pay know advancement
Sales rep., customer service (Current Employee) –  From HomeOctober 19, 2015
mandatory work on holidays, never get a raise, it sucks, Im also a contract worker through livexconnect (contract world, intuitive solutions) and they all suck, get a real job or go to sykes
Pros
work from home
Cons
everything else
"Shift Supervisor"
"Shift Supervisor" (Former Employee) –  Sicamous, BCJanuary 26, 2016
The store just opened and the owners don't even have everything ready. So after about a month both of them leave and don't come back. They are passive aggressive. As a "Shift Supervisor" I was no one special. We were under staffed, under paid, under trained. I was given the job title of store manager and they never told any one like they said they would, and refused to train me on things. As soon as they told me I would be the store manager I got a text 6 hours later saying that MY store was not running very organized and that this didn't look good on me and no one was happy. Well that's because when they left they didn't leave anyone in change. As the store manager when I asked the owners friend for the safe key so I was able to get change for the tills (which he never kept stocked properly) I was informed by the owners friend that He was the only one to have a key and no one but him was allowed in there. Which told me I was not the store manager and that I was a no one. They told me what I wanted to hear to keep me there until they got other people hired.
Great first job to gain experience from
Cooking, Cleaning, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCNovember 9, 2015
Co-workers are fantastic people and very helpful. Management could use somr work, training is vague and schedules are always unorganized. A lot of experience can be gained from working here, such as customer service, cooking skills, time management skills, etc. Staff is very easy going and friendly which makes it even better. Always coming home smelling like grease and oil though, which is the downfall of working here.
Pros
Free dinner!
Cons
Smelling like pizza and gaining weight
Awesome Job with Freedom.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MBMay 12, 2016
Pizza Hut is a great company to work for. Comfortable environment and friendly staff. Management facilitates a team orientated vibe. Time management is essential, ensuring planed routes be within costumer expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the reactions from satisfied costumers.
Pros
tips, warm atmosphere, Co workers, Independency
Cons
fast paced, late nights
Fairy simple and productive workplace with great co-worker relationship
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  1062 17 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2T 0A5February 18, 2016
Like any typical front desk employee in a food service environment, you are intended to have a friendly appearance in a fast pace environment. Standing while continuing to provide assistant to customers and co-workers can be rather exhausting although, the work is fairly simple. I've managed to work at a fast-pace workplace and develop a higher degree of communication while practicing applied mathematics in real life situation.
Pros
Discounts of food product
Cons
Require to stand all day

2.9