Pizza Hut

6.7K reviews

Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
certain team members are not welcoming
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 26, 2015
Pros: flexible schdules
Cons: employee rules such as dress codes only apply to certain employee's, long hours
some co workers were nice but as you were now learning about the business certain employee's would make fun of you for making mistakes. the schedule was not always correct. typical day at work would be answering calls an cutting pizza along with cleaning up at the end of my shift and preparing food for the next day. i learned to work with my co-workers who were not being so nice and better my customer service skills.
Great Experience
Temp Receptionist (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Assisted with trade shows and events
Cons: Did not have Microsoft knowledge at the time, was not able to help to my potential.
First Nations Technical Services Corp

I start work early and check the messages from the night before, clean up what I can and take the mail, phone messages and send them off to the appropriate office.

The Receptionist is a key part to a well functioning office.

Management was great and cared a lot about his employees and business partners.

Co-Workers were kind and easy to get along with.

Finding work to do on the down time.

Working in a professional setting was refreshing and a nice change of environment.
Pizza Hut Review
Senior Cook (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Free staff meals, discounts
Cons: Unpredictable levels of workload
A typical day at work is fun and easy going but being understaffed, having under trained or bad employees who cant or will not put the effort into being a productive co-worker drags everyone else down. Personally learned quite a lot in time management, customer service, patience, leadership and management/supervisor decisions.

Love the majority of who I work with and I get along well enough with even those that I don't personally like but keep professional relations with despite the fact. My management is good but poorly handle a lot of the time. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with poor workers and attitude. When everyone gets along and works together the work days goes easy. The easiest part of my job is working with others and talking to customers.
good
Cook (Current Employee), Regina, SaskAugust 6, 2015
I love cooking so i like to make Pizza Dough. But i find some other opportunity with goof Benefit like Medical Cover, Sic-leave and Paid Holidays.
It was a fun place to work, and fairly basic
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), London OntarioAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Laid back
Cons: Low pay, they never give you raises
I opened and closed the store. Trained staff and did all the moeny at the end of the day. there was a lot of prep to be done, and it was always busy. The hardest part was working by myself with so much to do at a time. The easiest part was prepping and taking calls.
Amusant
Employée (Current Employee), montéal, québecJuly 14, 2015
L'équipe est incroyable et amicale et que dire de la clientèle! Les gens donne de bons pourboires et des commentaires constructifs.
It was a good experience
Customer service representative (Current Employee), bramptonJuly 13, 2015
Pros: free dinners, good experience
Cons: long hours, stressful
My daily work was mostly dealing with customers, I learned how to handle various different situations when being in customer service. It was disorganized most of the time that's where I had to be good at my job so, we didn't lose business. I enjoyed must all people I've worked with and also getting that experience in customer service.
Over all
Part-time Shift-Supervisor (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 10, 2015
I've worked for PizzHut for three years now and enjoy working with the employees, best part of working is the atmosphere. I've learned quite a bit from other pizza parlors and assisted in how i Supervised.
Stressful and sometimes difficult workplace environment.
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 9, 2015
A typical day could be extremely busy or very slow. There's usually only two cooks on at a time which at times was not enough man power to handle so many orders. When things slowed down, cleaning various areas of the store and washing dishes were done. at the end of the night, last minute sweeping, mopping and dishes were done. I learned how to handle food, how to take orders and treat the customer. The GM of the store was unfair at times and cut shifts or mistreated some team members. The co-workers were very nice and hardworking people. The hardest part was dealing with the stress of a busy night and the General Manager. The most enjoyable part was working with very genuine people.
Awesome Place to work
Delivery Driver/Cook (Former Employee), Dryden, ONJuly 6, 2015
Delivering pizza’s to customers, help cooks make pizzas when busy.
Interacting with Customers or regular day to day basis.
Closing out shift every day and making sure money balanced. As well as counting money and cashing out.
MANAGEMENT
food production (Current Employee), MAPLE RIDGEJuly 2, 2015
pizza hut is completely different than any other fast food, we trust each other on our stations because we work in a fast paced work environment. the management is very helpful about problems at any cause and also treat the workers like friends but also provide a strong foundation to be great leader
good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 27, 2015
Gained a lot of customer service experience.
Nice co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is when its a busy day and not enough people on shift.
Not impressed with the management.
awesome to deal with customers
Team member (Current Employee), SurreyJune 21, 2015
Good place to work with different people and learn new things.
Get the opportunity to build confidence.
Still not that big platform to grow.
Great place to work great people
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Courtenay BCJune 19, 2015
A typical day was starting a couple hours before opening and making the dough and prepping the ingredients. Twice a week you would receive food product from Sysco and Rotate (FIFO) the fridge. I would open the safe and cash and run the deposit to the bank and return in time to open the store to the public.
Pizza Hut
Customer Service Cashier / Pizza Maker (Former Employee), mississaugaJune 7, 2015
Pros: long hours
Cons: no breaks or free food
The management doesnt know how to deal with employees and the hardest part of this job was dealing with the manager and she was unable to work out problems with many employees.
job stability, security and advancement
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABJune 4, 2015
Working in this kind of environment is quite challenging and rewarding. Challenging in the sense that you will be dealing different kinds of people and rewarding because you will meet lots of friends, and you will feel accomplished especially when the customers are delighted and satisfied with your service.
Fun and fast paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, OnJune 2, 2015
Pros: fun fast paced workplace
Cons: management after a while was bad
The work team at Pizza Hut was great, we all got along and would even joke around (when appropriate). I was working in all positions, I would prepare/cook the pizzas, cut and box the orders, hand orders to customers, receive calls and take orders as cashier. It was a fast paced environment but was still fun to be in. I was also part of the closing team and would be out the door around midnight. After awhile though, I had to leave the workplace as my grades weren't doing so well. I would sometimes be working right after school, so my sleep schedule would suffer. The only issue I had is that near the end of my time at Pizza Hut we got a new manager and would not treat us with respect, and the store suffered from this. All of our hours would get cut for almost no reason.
Good Place to work in the start of your career
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 27, 2015
Really good place to work with a lifetime experience
Management need to work on wages and career advancement
Work is really hard with a less salary
Free Lunch and meals to manager
Need to improve benefit plan for employees
productive
Server/Shift Manager (Former Employee), winnipeg MantiobaMay 25, 2015
Pros: customers were friendly
Cons: not enough hours
typical day at work was good.
learnt how to work well at a fast paced environment
Management was alright
co-workers were great
hard part was dealing with the manager alone couldnt reason with staff.
enjoyable part was met new friendly customers loved my job until my hours were cut for no reason.
first job, it was alright.
Host (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 16, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: short hours
hosting, building boxes, polishing silverware.

nothing

alright, kind've rude. didn't want to pay me

very nice and helpful