Pizza Hut Employee Reviews in Canada

Friendly but hectic workplace
Customer Service Representative/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work in my CSR position involves working the cash and seating customers who are dining in, as well as boxing orders. I learned a lot about providing great customer service and doing so under high pressure during dinner rushes. My experience with management has been very good, as well as my experience with coworkers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with hectic rushes, especially if there isn't an appropriate amount of staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different people.
Pros
Friendly and cooperative staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Delivery Driver
Owner/Operator Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MBMarch 27, 2016
Pay wasn't great you only made decent money if the restaurant was super busy, mainly relied on tips to average out a fair days wage. Management looks out for its self and seems to care little about their employees, Co-workers were fine but many under trained and over worked putting time restraints harder on drivers. It isn't hard as much as just stressful.
Pros
50% off durring work hours 20% off when not and at taco bell and Kfc
Cons
Hours were garbage, Pay was bad, little mutual respect among management and employees
Awesome Job with Freedom.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MBMay 12, 2016
Pizza Hut is a great company to work for. Comfortable environment and friendly staff. Management facilitates a team orientated vibe. Time management is essential, ensuring planed routes be within costumer expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the reactions from satisfied costumers.
Pros
tips, warm atmosphere, Co workers, Independency
Cons
fast paced, late nights
productive and fast enviroment
Trainee / Delivery (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 28, 2016
- some days are very slow , others are more busy.
- I learned how to be a trust worthy reliable team worker.
- no complaints about management.
- my co-workers were always respectful to myself as I was to them.
- not much to complain about in this job.
- being able to practice verbal / conversational skills with customers at door, and learning how to navigate through the city.
Fairy simple and productive workplace with great co-worker relationship
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  1062 17 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2T 0A5February 18, 2016
Like any typical front desk employee in a food service environment, you are intended to have a friendly appearance in a fast pace environment. Standing while continuing to provide assistant to customers and co-workers can be rather exhausting although, the work is fairly simple. I've managed to work at a fast-pace workplace and develop a higher degree of communication while practicing applied mathematics in real life situation.
Pros
Discounts of food product
Cons
Require to stand all day
Terrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONMarch 17, 2016
I hate his place. Very unprofessional. Everyone is angry. Nothing is handled in a kind professional manner. No raises. No praise. My boss was unable to handle issues. Cannot give warning or lay-off anyone that needed to be handled as is not doing their jobs correctly and no one would do anything about it. I feel no one is rewarded for doing a good job
Cons
No breaks long hours no guaranteed hours
Fast pace work environment
cashier (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds, ABJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at work for me is preparing ingredients and helping customers. I learned how to keep moving and always have something to do. Management is kind and understanding of the difficulties I have to face. My co-workers are supporting and helpful in any way they can be. The hardest part of my job is the fast nature of it and me being unable to think when trying to go faster than I am used to. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing happy costumers.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Short hours.
productive work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 14, 2016
• Maintained high standards of customer service during high-volume, fast paced operations.
• Communicated clearly and positively with coworkers and management.
• Cashier: Handled currency and credit transactions quickly and accurately.
• Mastered computer system installed to take orders, close daily sales and all operations
• Cross-trained and coordinated scheduling with team members to ensure seamless service.
• Built loyal clientele through friendly interactions and consistent appreciation.
Pizza Hut Review
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day at Pizza Hut would be getting in at 9 or 10 and starting the days preparation. Doing the inserts and making sure that there will be enough food ready for the day. I learned a lot about responsibility and time management. The management staff was very understanding but also assertive. Everyone that worked at Pizza Hut got a long very well, which made working there a lot better. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be when more people got there for their shifts and it became more fun because everyone were good friends.
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
Long Hours
Place with great costumers
Pizza Hut (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCMarch 21, 2016
A typical day at work busy

I learned to be good at working over obstacles

The management was good

Co- workers were very hard working

The hardest part about the job was when it was too busy

The most enjoyable part was succeeding for the day
Pros
It was a free spirited kind of atmosphere
Cons
sometimes things were disorganised
hectic and complaintive workers
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABMarch 15, 2016
dealing with traffic and fixing orders
how to deal with all sorts of people
management was nice but not willing to train
friendly and knowledgeable people to work with
dealing with unruly customers
being my own boss
Pros
meeting new people all the time
Cons
really fast paced and frantic environment
ok workimg enviroment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONFebruary 10, 2016
taking orders
morning afternoon and evening prep
positioning sheets
company orders
training
equiptment updateds
communication & team-work
organizing work space/place
cleaning
staying focus on assigned tasked
do what is to be expected as long as work enviroment is safe to do so and have fun :)
Workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 3, 2016
Very nice workplace to work at, but the payment is not that great, however the management is nice and fast and predictable.
Would only work as a summer/part-time job. Some tasks requires lots of intensity and due to lots of customers. Very fun job in my opinion.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too many pizzas
Flexible schedules and great employees, but no room for advancement
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 12, 2016
The high ranked members and owners of the FMI Franchise of Pizza Huts do not provide a very welcoming work environment. They do not care about their workers. The management in-store is always wonderful however.
It was good experience work with company.
Resturant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2016
I learned a lot as a customer service representative and how to solve the customer complaint. Working with different peoples give me good experience, We build good team so we can help each other and enjoy at work.
Developing skills and gaining experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 11, 2016
This food industry is really amazing. Everyday meeting new people, learning new things and developing skills for our future life. All the managers and co- workers are very good and supportive.
no it was not like that but it was fun.
Division as a General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Great atmosphere to work. While its busy and you are running around. I love it's atmosphere and accuracy of work. As assistant manager I have mentioned all details in my resume.
Pros
as a store manager meal was free to me.
Cons
no not at all
its ok
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Parry Sound, ONMarch 15, 2016
driver wage is bull caca in a small town coming home with 48 dollars in a night when no one tips is unacceptable driving my own car on bad streets for 7.80 an hour is garbage not abe to keep the car on the road let alone put food on the table and payinsurence
Great first job to gain experience from
Cooking, Cleaning, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCNovember 9, 2015
Co-workers are fantastic people and very helpful. Management could use somr work, training is vague and schedules are always unorganized. A lot of experience can be gained from working here, such as customer service, cooking skills, time management skills, etc. Staff is very easy going and friendly which makes it even better. Always coming home smelling like grease and oil though, which is the downfall of working here.
Pros
Free dinner!
Cons
Smelling like pizza and gaining weight
place needs a lot of improvement
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 3, 2016
Place needs a lot of improvement, better management, and a better work environment. place used to be very enjoyable, but management has changed, and employees are not appreciated for the work they contribute.