Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Productive, Flexible shifts, good work environment
Promoted Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB21 September 2017
Was a nice job, paid well for part time, offered good training on the job which is a good trait for a company. Was a Little too greasy for my liking but overall a nice job to have.
Pros
Flexible Shifts
Cons
Short breaks, greasy food
Busy
PREP COOK (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB18 September 2017
A typical work day started at 5am, and Monday thru Thursday was done by 3pm and Friday 6pm, loved the hours and my co workers. Prep work was fun......
Pros
Free lunch everyday
Cons
doing dishes
Fun environment
Supervisor/Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 September 2017
This was the perfect place to work in my early 20's. The hours were easy to work around, management was friendly, co-workers were awesome. Busy and fun environment
productive job
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS13 September 2017
we all worked well together. the team work is what it is all about. if the team does not work well together than the day wouldnt go very well. when we had a good team on the day went smooth and very efficient
Pros
fun
Cons
slow team members
work experience job through high school
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 September 2017
the staff were welcoming and it became like family to work there. learning to work in a fast paced environment with multiple responsibilites helped me prepare for future careers.
Clean enviroment, friendly staff, usually busy
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON30 August 2017
I work at Pizza Hut on Gardiners road, Kingston ON. It's usually pretty busy, the staff is friendly, the store is kept clean and the hours aren't bad.
Pros
50% off food we eat, usually always something for me to do while working
Cons
Could use more hours and better pay
It's was lots of fun to work there when I did.. it got hectic when it was busy but we always came together and made it work
Pizza Maker/Cashier /dough person(opens store) (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 August 2017
I would definitely recommend someone in highschool this place as a part time job.. great for customer service experience as well as a safe clean environment for work.
Pros
Can eat all the pizza you want
Cons
You get sick of pizza
great opportunity towards success
Back of House Manager (Former Employee) –  London28 August 2017
In Pizza hut, I got my opportunities to achieve my goals, they helped me a lot to higher rank in such a small period of time. I worked their for 5 and half year and believe me that was fantastic experience.
Hands-on job
Customer Service, Kitchen Duties (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ON28 August 2017
A day as a Pizza Hut employee consisted of prepping dough, measuring/gathering toppings, dish washing, cleaning the kitchen and eating areas, checking inventory, taking orders, and making pizzas. I learned proper kitchen sanitation and improved my multitasking skills/working under pressure; these things were also the most difficult things of the job. I enjoyed making pizzas the most.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Physically exhausting
Fun, engaging workplace with good staff and relaxed atmosphere
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON28 August 2017
The typical day involved driving to customer's homes with their orders, completing the transaction, and returning to the store. The management always took care of the drivers and other staff and the work environment was cordial and relaxed while still being very productive.
It is a good place to start for a beginer and flexible hours
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC28 August 2017
It was fun to work with other team members and this job help me to growth my inner strength because of the fastidious environment. For long run this place is not recommended like low salary, turn around rate is high and area manger doesn't appreciate your hard work.
Pros
free lunhes, fun time with other coworkers
Cons
not enough salary and no breaks
Flexible and hardworking
Dough master & pizza maker (Current Employee) –  National Capital Region, ON23 August 2017
I work at max restaurant as a server /waiter then after 9months end of contract , i decide to work at pizza hut to develop my skills specially in service but i didn't expect that they give me a chance to practice my skills in pizza making ang dough making
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
14hrs
Interesting mix of clientele
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC23 August 2017
Can get quite hectic t when we have good promotions going on. People love the 5, 5,5 deal. Hardest part of the job is making sure everyone leaves happy.
Cons
Long hours on your feet with no time for a break
Pizza Maker
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 August 2017
I worked as a pizza maker for the company. Although I found it to be quite tough as I felt used and abused by management at this particular facility. They had refused to pay me for all of my shifts. The management was absolutely horrendous. I wouldn't recommend anyone work at this facility. When I get food with family or friends there I have noticed they always have the same management but they have a different, brand new employee working in the back making the pizzas. There wasn't an enjoyable part about the job.
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  WFH (Work From Home)21 August 2017
When working with Pizza-Hut Work from home it was an excellent company. The managers were very informative and made sure we had all the training we needed to make us proficient in the job.
Fun place to work with possibility of cashing in tips
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 August 2017
Good food and fun place to work with good coworkers, decent hours and min. wage pay + tips. Management at my location was OK (shifts on days-off or during school hours).
Pros
Great coworkers, food discount and tips are always nice
Cons
Easily bored on slow days
fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 August 2017
Easy going people and costumers. Good team players you meet while working at pizza hut. Always a chance for advancement. People you work with are understandable. Its not always busy you get a lot of free times to chill.
Good start, no acceleration.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2017
A good choice for a first job. Cooks just prepare pizza and send it through the automated oven. Good place to learn all of my basic job skills. Management is alright but you need to give a few limbs for extra work hours. Hardest part of the job is the environment. During the summer you're typically suffocating in sweat and in the winter you're a Popsicle in a t-shirt. Most enjoyable part was the people I met and all the time I've spent failing and learning.
Pros
You typically get a meal a shift (Mistake pizzas, wings, etc)
Cons
Bad Temperature Controls
In another life maybe
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON15 August 2017
- You're treated as a freelancer, and paid accordingly, with NO chance of of a "raise" (4.25 per delivery is hilarious, considering the price hike coming)

-You get trashed by customers you deliver to because the kitchen staff is too busy gossiping to make sure orders are accurate

- Like 3 or 4 good staff total.. they got double digit employees, so that's not a good look

- They do very little to adjust scheduling, so this job is for children, not people with families, or any form of a social life

- Most of the equipment is breaking down on a regular basis, usually the wing fryer, so customer unsatisfaction is a regular occurence

- Are often asked to do more than required workload due to lazy kitchen staff

- Often get to hear 18-22 yr olds outside of work escapades in front of customers. Not awkward at all.

- If you're an african minority, prepare yourself for tons of racial jokes from unknowingly ignorant co-workers

- The pay is garbage considering how vast the covering area is (Valley East, Blezzard Valley, Hanmer, Capreol) as the aread consists mostly of highways, making each drive at least a 5-10 min minimum. So unless you REALLY enjoy driving, give this a HARD PASS.
Pros
Gab, Keeda, Madison, Destiny
Cons
Literally everything else
Pizza Hut
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS14 August 2017
as it was my first job, I have learned what it was like to have a full time job. however the management wasn't terrible but it was not good. the most enjoyable part of working at pizza hut was the customers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no breaks unless you were a smoker

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9