Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

pleasant and well organized
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 July 2017
working for Pizza Hut was a great experience,Fun environment with a really good staff, the high pace work environment always ran smoothly. I learnt a lot and enjoyed a hands on position.
Pros
free food
Cons
all weekend night shifts
four jobs in one, all at the same time
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 July 2017
Various kitchen duties including chopping vegetables, removing pizza from ovens and cutting pizzas, Delivery of pizza to various uptown offices, Dishwasher – cleaning of dishes, Responsible for garbage disposal, Care and maintenance of kitchen utensils.
Pros
there is always something to do
Cons
they can send you home without pay if slow night, to many supervisors
Okay workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 July 2017
This place is fun to be at, during rare times. Mostly dead in the summer, but busy during winter. Management team is terrible, very self centered. Can't follow proper work schedule and randomly add you without asking.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
No benefits
Pizza
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2017
It nice to worked here, as a foreign worker the management is willing to help you to become a permanent resident here in Canada. people a also good and friendly.
Great staff, great pay. Bumpy roads.
Kitchen helper/cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 July 2017
Although I have nothing negative towards pizza hut, I must say my time working with them was bumpy.
Three quarters of the time I worked there, the restaurant was being managed by a man who at times, didn't seem to know what he was doing. He was replaced by two men who expected too much of the staff, given their previous trainer.
Aside from bumpy management, I'd have to say I had an excellent time working at Pizza Hut.
Pros
Great staff relationships
Cons
Bad pay/work ratio
good place to start your work experience
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2017
lots of friendly employees, sometimes management lacks in communication but your expected to get whatever they were thinking about telling you to get done before they tell you, besides for that, its a good place, if people quit, you might get an early promotion.
productive and a typical day.
Kitchen Cook (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 July 2017
i review pizza hut as very fast pace environment,hard working and friendly place too work.The mangers are very friendly and easy going,the part of the job is being on your feet for 8 hours of the day and not stopping.
Pros
free drinks and lunches.
Cons
long 8 hour shifts on your feet.
Pizza Hut was a great dine in restaurant to work at.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MB4 July 2017
During the few years I worked at Pizza Hut. I learned everything about everything, I enjoyed the company of my co-workers and fellow managers, as well as dealing with customers directly. It was always a positive atmosphere.
Productive workplace
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2017
I did enjoy working at Pizza Hut and meeting up with my coworkers. The hardest part was trying to keep up with all the orders that were being thrown my way getting it finished before the deadline. The biggest problem I faced was with management and how there was always a missing person on the job and how I had to manage the work of that missing person, but despite that I really did enjoy making pizzas
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Missing coworkers
Tiring yet productive workplace with delicious food on the menu
Production Associate and Dough master (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 July 2017
A typical day at work starts with preparing and organizing all the items that are expected to be used for the day. I learned effective communication with co-workers, time management, organization and following instructions. The management is not the best but they get the job done. The hardest part of the job is during rush hour where orders arrive one after another. The most enjoyable part of the job is I get free food and drinks.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Busy hours and plenty of orders to take care of
fun and exciting workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK2 July 2017
hardest part of the job would be dealing with rude customers and customers who made a bigger mess at their table on purpose. but that didn't slow me down.
Pros
free food when you train a new employee
Cons
rude customers
Learning experience
Shift Manager, Server, Kitchen & CSR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 June 2017
A typical day at work was crazy busy. I learned a lot about customer service skills, managing kitchen, dining room, pick up and delivery. I was management and it was also crazy busy but a very big learning experience. This was my first management position, duties included creating staff schedule's, end of day cash, running the restaurant. Team building was needed but we were a close knit group. Hardest part of the job was always being short staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills and working with a great staff team.
Pros
Company outings
Cons
Always short staffed
une expérience de livraison
Livreur (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC28 June 2017
service à la clientèle de pizza enrichissante que j'ai bien aimé !!!
Pros
service à la clientèle
Cons
aucun
Fun
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 June 2017
Nights at Pizza hut varied depending on the night depending on who was working. Had our daily issues with orders being late customers not being happy, and certain employees always being late or not showing up. overall i learnt alot from there the Manager at the time helped me break out of my shell and learn things and make me do things i never thought i was able to do. He was the best manager he always was a call away and helped when he could.the man was loved by many staff and customers.
Pros
Free Meal on shift
Cons
Long hours short staffed.
Stressful and toxic place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL19 June 2017
The pizza hut that I worked at was terrible. The franchise owners and office personnel were constantly interfering in the management of the store and criticizing everything that was done. I would hire good, reliable staff with integrity and they would hire sleaze bags behind my back and send them into work (their crowning hiring achievement being a 40 year old man that showed up with a personalized license plate that said "LUBE" who eventually was sent to prison for statutory you know what). It took me a long time to detox from that job after I quit.
Pizza hut is great place to work and learn , and have very good carrier growth
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Marathalli17 June 2017
Pizza hut is great place to work and learn , and have very good carrier growth, we can enjoy each and every movement. And the culture of pizza hut was excellent.
Pros
Incentive
Cons
Friendly management
awsome place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC14 June 2017
enjoyed working for company great team and customers that will never be forgot i liked the training and help that was required and the pay should have been better
Pros
Cons
free food
Productive, but not very welcoming
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC14 June 2017
I have worked at 5 different Pizza Hut locations, switching to the Courtenay Pizza Hut was very troubling, I felt unwelcome by all the sexist comments and an unidentified fellow staff would steal items and money from my personal bag while on shift. Overall a disappointing experience and I do not recommend working at the Courtenay Pizza Hut location.
Pros
100% off meals if working over 5 hours, 75% off if working less than that, and 20% off all Pizza Hut, Kfc, and Taco Bell locations.
Cons
Poor employee conditions
Productive place to work
CSR/ Production (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2017
I do not get paid properly for working holidays (time and a half) and i get paid regular (11.20$). I only get 3 hours per 2 weeks. I learned to improve my communciation skills. The hardest part was no hours. The most fun part was the free pizza. The workplace culture is very productive- there is always something to do.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not paid properly, 3 hours every 2 weeks
Fast paced, organized
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 June 2017
Good food, good management, well treated staff, great work place culture, good food, nice staff, pleasant customers, good location for me to travel to.
Pros
once in a while getting the privileged to take a pizza home
Cons
bad staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9