Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

More focused on sales rather than employee satisfaction.
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
A management position within a restaurant is a lot of work, long hours, not a great work/life balance. Quarterly bonuses are achievable and a nice option, but the extra work required is not worth it in the long run as working 6 days a week, 50-60 hours a week will burn a person out quickly.
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
10-12 hr work days w/o scheduled breaks
Busy work environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON7 July 2016
an okay place to work
long hours with minimal breaks
great management team
easy job tasks
great employees
minimal job security
Pizza Hut
pizza deliver driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 October 2016
Pizza Hut was great service !
Delivering Pizzas for them was a great experience and a lot of fun.
I learned a lot of time management skills from them so it means they really are on their toes which mean good service.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
fun fast paced work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS22 June 2016
was a 2 in 1 with kfc, after being bought by another company, the business has completely down hill, they got rid of a lot of valued employees who had been there for years, the management and staff there now are lazy and don't seem to have a clue what's going on usually. I don't even eat there anymore because the food quality is horrible now
Pros
worked with great people
Cons
no room for advancement, its poorly run now
very nice
Travel lodge- dishwasher (Former Employee) –  duncan BC22 November 2016
A typical day at work was pretty quiet we got straight to work. and only really talked when it came to work . except for the occasional conversation here and there. I learned lessons on how to be an adult in the real world. management was vary smart, and were vary good leaders. who knew how to run the restaurant. the co workers and I we always sticking to the work, and never really talked much. the hardest part of the job was the dinner rush, and closing on time, the most enjoyable part of the job , the fun me and the crew had to gather
Pros
friendships
Cons
no interactions while working that often
Kitchen staff
Kitchen/Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 November 2016
Pizza Hut is an overall busy atmosphere. It was a great place to work. As a full time worker there, I did absolutely everything from dough in the morning some shifts, to closing. I learned a lot from Pizza Hut. The management was alright, they were fun to be around, but sometimes not. My co workers were like family. We all got along and then some days we had our bad days. The hardest part of the job was the issues with the staff members which was easily to get over. The most enjoyable thing about Pizza hut were the friends I made and food.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
co worker issues
Cleis Neveau
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB16 November 2016
Excellent customers service, good work atmosphere, enjoyable staff and good policy and procedure, opportunitees for advancement and good benifits
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low wages
Terrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON17 March 2016
I hate his place. Very unprofessional. Everyone is angry. Nothing is handled in a kind professional manner. No raises. No praise. My boss was unable to handle issues. Cannot give warning or lay-off anyone that needed to be handled as is not doing their jobs correctly and no one would do anything about it. I feel no one is rewarded for doing a good job
Cons
No breaks long hours no guaranteed hours
Decent Place to Work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 November 2016
Majority of the restaurants are very well run with a few exceptions. Upkeep could be a little better as far as building maintenance, but they do take care of their employees and do care about their well being. Some of the tightest family is the Pizza Hut family, and when you work there, you know what I mean. Majority of the time, everyone has each others back.
Pros
Work Family, decent pay for work, flexible
Cons
Long hours, insane rushes, false complaints for free stuff
Fast paced effiency orriented job
Production, Shift Manager and CSR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2016
Pizza hut is a company that prioritizes itself on producing high quality pizzas in a fast paced setting. The busy environment could place significant strain on workers unless properly trained and managed by the right people. In my opinion, Pizza hut does posses the proper management personnel as well as the right training for employees to succeed in this job.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Good co-workers
Cons
Lack of segregation of duties
Great place to work!!
Server/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dauphin, MB15 July 2016
A great way to meet new people. My outgoing personality really comes out. The management is great, very easy to work with in accommodating scheduling. I thrive on excellence as I would expect from others when I would go to a restaurant. I will treat staff and patrons in a respectable manner . I would have to say there is no difficulty in this job expect working at times in a stressful situation. could be phones ringing, customers at till , customers in restaurant and then short staff. When this happens the managers step up and help out
Pros
accomadating
Cons
never knowing when done on a volume shift
Bad work place.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON19 July 2016
Good place only if you wanna earn just money and don't care about the workplace. Locations not renovated when required. Very dirty environment. Rude management. Not paid overtime or statutory pays.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No benefits
good work experience
o Working as Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC24 June 2016
management is quite co-operative and love to be a part of the team.
hardest part pf the job is getting late in rush hours.
enjoy with the co-workers
Pros
good bonus
Learning experience
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 October 2016
A typical day at work I would either be taking calls, and orders, cutting pizza, or making food.

I learnt how to work in a fast pace workplace.

The management was strict, but in a good way.

I liked my coworkers.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to make all the different pizza's.

The most enjoyable part of the job was taking calls, and taking orders.
Pros
Free personal sized pizza, and a drink.
Cons
Paper cuts from receipts
Great Family Style Enviornment
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON30 May 2016
Pizza Hut doesn't give many raises or promotions but the people i had the pleasure of working with made made the job fun and enjoyable.
Pros
close friendly team
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
Good place to work; awesome employees.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON3 November 2016
A typical day of serving customers usually went fairly smooth, and did not cause me any stress. Although, like every job, everyone and every place has their bad days. I loved most of my coworkers, and got along with them very well. Over the course of working at Pizza Hut, although I am still not fluent, I did learn how to speak a lot more French. As well, working here allowed me to adapt to working in a fast-paced and often busy environment. I would say that the only difficult part about this job was the stress I, along with every other server, were put under when the restaurant got significantly busier, especially in such a short amount of time. Despite this, I loved my job as a server/waitress, especially when it came to interacting with my customers and putting a smile on their face.
Good place but not suitable with my conditions
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 November 2016
I just want them to work on their management team.i have face problem about management. Therefore, i believe that my experience is not good there.moreover, they did not have planned timmings.
Pros
Reputative place
Cons
Poor management
Decent, easy job but, poor management.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ON28 November 2016
Working here was easy enough and it provided me with good job skills and experience in basic kitchen duties, my only problem was the poor management that eventually led to a few of the staff leaving, including myself.
Cons
Late hours, poor management
Pizza Hut work place
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 November 2016
Overall good job, get correct amount of hours just looking to bring my skills to a different company. I just advanced to a Shift Manager position three months ago roughly. I know how to do dish, cook, apps, phones, front and cash at the end of the night, currently learning inventory. I also served at the other location on fairway before it got ripped down. The hardest part of the job is dealing with complaints but there is always a professional solution to the problem. The most enjoyable part is working with the staff as a team to complete lunch and dinner rushes as well as opening and closing the store everyday.
Pros
Pizza Discounts
Cons
Dinner rushes and complains
Friendly but hectic workplace
Customer Service Representative/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON25 April 2016
A typical day at work in my CSR position involves working the cash and seating customers who are dining in, as well as boxing orders. I learned a lot about providing great customer service and doing so under high pressure during dinner rushes. My experience with management has been very good, as well as my experience with coworkers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with hectic rushes, especially if there isn't an appropriate amount of staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different people.
Pros
Friendly and cooperative staff
Cons
Not enough hours

2.9