Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Terrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONMarch 17, 2016
I hate his place. Very unprofessional. Everyone is angry. Nothing is handled in a kind professional manner. No raises. No praise. My boss was unable to handle issues. Cannot give warning or lay-off anyone that needed to be handled as is not doing their jobs correctly and no one would do anything about it. I feel no one is rewarded for doing a good job
Cons
No breaks long hours no guaranteed hours
Productive and fun place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 22, 2016
Every shift I usually start by completing my cleaning list while taking orders and answering phone calls. I always make sure when customers walk in or call the store I drop everything I am doing to assist the customers first since they are our prioirity.

The whole goal of the job is customer satisfaction and making it an enjoyable work place for staff as well. The hardest part of the job would definitely be satisfying the unhappy customers. Maintaining a strong and reasonable attitude with some can be a challenge, but challenges have made me grow in a lot of ways with this company.

I can say I have learned a lot from this job since there is constant changes and new customers every day.
Pros
The RGM is very reasonable and kind.
Cons
Not the best hours.
Great place to work!!
Server/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dauphin, MBJuly 15, 2016
A great way to meet new people. My outgoing personality really comes out. The management is great, very easy to work with in accommodating scheduling. I thrive on excellence as I would expect from others when I would go to a restaurant. I will treat staff and patrons in a respectable manner . I would have to say there is no difficulty in this job expect working at times in a stressful situation. could be phones ringing, customers at till , customers in restaurant and then short staff. When this happens the managers step up and help out
Pros
accomadating
Cons
never knowing when done on a volume shift
Pizza Hut Review
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day at Pizza Hut would be getting in at 9 or 10 and starting the days preparation. Doing the inserts and making sure that there will be enough food ready for the day. I learned a lot about responsibility and time management. The management staff was very understanding but also assertive. Everyone that worked at Pizza Hut got a long very well, which made working there a lot better. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be when more people got there for their shifts and it became more fun because everyone were good friends.
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
Long Hours
Delivery job for Pizza Hut
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 15, 2016
I typically come into work; sign in, greet my co-workers, grab a debit pad, my delivery sheet which I date and sign ( and where I record all my deliveries for the day), and begin organizing my delivery orders in a way that honours the delivery times I have on my schedule. Before I drive off and give customers their orders, I map out the best possible route and sign the order out on a computer to let the company know that I did in fact take the order out of the store.
Once I arrive at the location I greet the customer, make sure the transaction goes through, and give them their order. Then I return and do the same thing until my shift is done.
I feel I've meet some great people at this job and I've learned to make great tips just from exposing my personality to a customer and giving them a comfortable environment for the quick moment we see each other, it makes me feel great! I've enjoyed the summer weather and I feel like I can be a part of it a little bit just by driving around with my windows down (as opposed to being in a building).
I like delivery jobs.
Pros
It's a very stress-free job.
Cons
How much I get paid, I feel like I'm worth more.
Delivery Driver
Owner/Operator Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MBMarch 27, 2016
Pay wasn't great you only made decent money if the restaurant was super busy, mainly relied on tips to average out a fair days wage. Management looks out for its self and seems to care little about their employees, Co-workers were fine but many under trained and over worked putting time restraints harder on drivers. It isn't hard as much as just stressful.
Pros
50% off durring work hours 20% off when not and at taco bell and Kfc
Cons
Hours were garbage, Pay was bad, little mutual respect among management and employees
Really enjoyable place to work.
Waiter/Server (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 31, 2016
The people that I work with are very outgoing and fun to be around while also knowing that work needs to be done. I am never overwhelmed because the layout of the restaurant allows me to move around quickly and se all my tables very easily. Being trained to work there was very quick and easy. The hardest part of the job is learning how to quickly place orders into the computer; the memorization will come with time. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to express my personality through talking to customers.
Pros
Very helpful/friendly co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
very low pay know advancement
Sales rep., customer service (Current Employee) –  From HomeOctober 19, 2015
mandatory work on holidays, never get a raise, it sucks, Im also a contract worker through livexconnect (contract world, intuitive solutions) and they all suck, get a real job or go to sykes
Pros
work from home
Cons
everything else
Loved working for Pizza Hut
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKOctober 20, 2015
It was a great experience. I have learned a lot and groomed my personality during my time with Pizza Hut. Great employers! The most challenging part of being a Restaurant General Manager was building a team that took long time but eventual it was worth it.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
needs to improve salary bracket
Friendly but hectic workplace
Customer Service Representative/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work in my CSR position involves working the cash and seating customers who are dining in, as well as boxing orders. I learned a lot about providing great customer service and doing so under high pressure during dinner rushes. My experience with management has been very good, as well as my experience with coworkers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with hectic rushes, especially if there isn't an appropriate amount of staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different people.
Pros
Friendly and cooperative staff
Cons
Not enough hours
horrible work environment
Server/Hostess/CSR/Kitchen/AGM (Former Employee) –  hespeler roadNovember 19, 2015
same thing in and out
force overtime
short hours on pay checks
horrible benefits
no staff appreciation
fun fast paced work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSJune 22, 2016
was a 2 in 1 with kfc, after being bought by another company, the business has completely down hill, they got rid of a lot of valued employees who had been there for years, the management and staff there now are lazy and don't seem to have a clue what's going on usually. I don't even eat there anymore because the food quality is horrible now
Pros
worked with great people
Cons
no room for advancement, its poorly run now
Good job; terrible training
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 26, 2016
Was never trained properly so when something was done incorrectly, I'm always to blame. Good place to work due to the employees but they have to do something about their training. As well as they need to find a way to properly pay their employees (E.g., must clock out at the end of shift on time even when you have a table still eating (if you're server) or must stay after shift to finish paperwork).
Family-oriented workspace, light environment in the mornings, hectic at nights
Cook, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONSeptember 17, 2016
Everyone was respectful at work and made sure everything worked in harmony. The morning shifts were steady due to the prep work, regular orders, and the lunch buffet rush. Nights had an ebb and flow depending on the customer traffic, and staffing.
It was a fun place to work, and fairly basic
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London OntarioAugust 5, 2015
I opened and closed the store. Trained staff and did all the moeny at the end of the day. there was a lot of prep to be done, and it was always busy. The hardest part was working by myself with so much to do at a time. The easiest part was prepping and taking calls.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Low pay, they never give you raises
Little Caesars/Pizza Hut
Employee (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 9, 2016
Both environments are relatively similar to one another. They are both fast foods restaurants, so is a very fast paced environment.I come in 10 minutes before my shift starts, and start to prepare myself for work, and then i clock into the system and begin to work. I have learned to take orders from customers up front and take orders on the phone; therefore I have gained customer service experience. I have also learned how to dress pizza's and follow the correct instructions if there is a dietary/religious restriction to use the right tools, and toppings. The restaurants were very organized, the managers were quite skilled and would always help me when I was a beginner. My co-workers were fantastic people in both restaurants, when I was a trainee, they would also help me out whenever the manager was extremely busy. The hardest part of the work place is how incredibly fast paced it was, so it was quite stressful in a way, but i could manage it. The most enjoyable part is the positive environment in such a fast paced work place, the workers and managers would always compliment everyone's hard work.
Pros
nice people, discounts on pizza
Cons
short hours
Dine in Pizza place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 30, 2016
The store was very structured but still allows for a friendly environment. Unlimited amount of growth options you can try for from the start. All the manuals to advance are readily available.
Pros
self growth, social enviroment, programs to control mistakes
Cons
employee turnover is high because there is young kids
Awesome Job with Freedom.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MBMay 12, 2016
Pizza Hut is a great company to work for. Comfortable environment and friendly staff. Management facilitates a team orientated vibe. Time management is essential, ensuring planed routes be within costumer expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the reactions from satisfied costumers.
Pros
tips, warm atmosphere, Co workers, Independency
Cons
fast paced, late nights
productive and fun place to work
Food preparation (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKAugust 3, 2016
productive and fun place to work,good customer care services and training.Co-workers are great people to work with and they are always happy to be at work each day which motivates me to want to put in my best ability.
Pros
fast delivery
Cons
short hours

2.9