Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with possibility of cashing in tips
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 August 2017
Good food and fun place to work with good coworkers, decent hours and min. wage pay + tips. Management at my location was OK (shifts on days-off or during school hours).
Pros
Great coworkers, food discount and tips are always nice
Cons
Easily bored on slow days
fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 August 2017
Easy going people and costumers. Good team players you meet while working at pizza hut. Always a chance for advancement. People you work with are understandable. Its not always busy you get a lot of free times to chill.
Good start, no acceleration.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2017
A good choice for a first job. Cooks just prepare pizza and send it through the automated oven. Good place to learn all of my basic job skills. Management is alright but you need to give a few limbs for extra work hours. Hardest part of the job is the environment. During the summer you're typically suffocating in sweat and in the winter you're a Popsicle in a t-shirt. Most enjoyable part was the people I met and all the time I've spent failing and learning.
Pros
You typically get a meal a shift (Mistake pizzas, wings, etc)
Cons
Bad Temperature Controls
In another life maybe
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON15 August 2017
- You're treated as a freelancer, and paid accordingly, with NO chance of of a "raise" (4.25 per delivery is hilarious, considering the price hike coming)

-You get trashed by customers you deliver to because the kitchen staff is too busy gossiping to make sure orders are accurate

- Like 3 or 4 good staff total.. they got double digit employees, so that's not a good look

- They do very little to adjust scheduling, so this job is for children, not people with families, or any form of a social life

- Most of the equipment is breaking down on a regular basis, usually the wing fryer, so customer unsatisfaction is a regular occurence

- Are often asked to do more than required workload due to lazy kitchen staff

- Often get to hear 18-22 yr olds outside of work escapades in front of customers. Not awkward at all.

- If you're an african minority, prepare yourself for tons of racial jokes from unknowingly ignorant co-workers

- The pay is garbage considering how vast the covering area is (Valley East, Blezzard Valley, Hanmer, Capreol) as the aread consists mostly of highways, making each drive at least a 5-10 min minimum. So unless you REALLY enjoy driving, give this a HARD PASS.
Pros
Gab, Keeda, Madison, Destiny
Cons
Literally everything else
Pizza Hut
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS14 August 2017
as it was my first job, I have learned what it was like to have a full time job. however the management wasn't terrible but it was not good. the most enjoyable part of working at pizza hut was the customers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no breaks unless you were a smoker
Bad place to work at
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 August 2017
Pizza hut doesn't hire you as an employee. They make you sign a contract as a free lancer with compensation for each delivery.

When I worked there, they were paying 2,80$ per delivery. And during a typical 4 hours shift you could expect to make about 8-12 delivery since the restaurant was not really busy. So overall you are working at a rate if 4,80$-8,40$/hour before tips. This doesn't even cover your car expenses. Tips are ok, but since you are making so few deliveries, overall you are not making any money. Average tips was 2,50$ so you are looking at about 25$ tips for the evening.

I would not recommend working there to anyone. All you will do is work way bellow the minimum salary.
Pros
Cons
Exploitative salary
It was fun
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 August 2017
Night shift: Prepare for wings and pizzas and dishes
Day shift: Prep like there's no tomorrow

I learned that you have to be fast as heck doing the dough because you only have 1h to do it

Management was pretty ok
Pros
discounts
Cons
only having to use the discount once
Love my team members, and work environment, but company doesn't pay attention to the workers.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON8 August 2017
Team members & workplace were amazingly friendly, helpful & hard working, but the company doesn't take into consideration what it is actually like in the store when setting standards or new promotions, frustrating many employees.
It's a good job, but it demands so much out of you
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 August 2017
Pizza was great when I started there. I learned everything pretty quickly, then I just became really skilled at working at the kitchen. I learned the value of having a team with you when times were busy and tough. Also I learned the value of a steady flow because it was needed between the kitchen staff and the cashiers (front lines). But the pace of it sometimes got so out of control that tickets were printing at such a fast rate. Often I wasn't able to get orders done in the time they wanted me to, and I got yelled and put down because of it. I explained I'm going as fast as I can with keeping the quality of the food, but my store manager didn't care. Your store manager can make or break your experience working there. Good managers make your job great, and bad ones make it horrible.
If you love team work pizza hut is the place for you.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alberta1 August 2017
Working at pizza hut is fun and you will learn a lot. I got to see different people and learn about their culture and way of life. The pay is good but sometimes does not come at the right day ( delay of payment).
Pros
payment comes with tips
Cons
hot environment
Enjoyed meeting many people.
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB1 August 2017
Pizza Hut treats their pizza delivery people well. Learning maps is good experience. Talking to people all different ages is good experience. Calming people down about various things is good experience.
Pros
Tips
Cons
on call
good for a first job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON27 July 2017
It was good at the time to gain valuable experience multi-tasking. Good for a first job. Good group of employees. You will have fun working there. Not a good long term job.
Always fun and challenging to work at pizza hut
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 July 2017
Pizza hut restaurant is always fun to work at, serving the guess is always fun and challenging because of different needs and wants. Fun becàuse of the staffs and co manager which are well trained by the managements
Pros
Fun, fun, fun and 50% off on meals
Cons
Only cons is when you lack staff
Excellent work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2017
The Pizza Hut location where I am working at currently, is an excellent work place with friendly staff, and a safe workplace. Have been working for 2 years, and haven't had an issue.
pleasant and well organized
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 July 2017
working for Pizza Hut was a great experience,Fun environment with a really good staff, the high pace work environment always ran smoothly. I learnt a lot and enjoyed a hands on position.
Pros
free food
Cons
all weekend night shifts
four jobs in one, all at the same time
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 July 2017
Various kitchen duties including chopping vegetables, removing pizza from ovens and cutting pizzas, Delivery of pizza to various uptown offices, Dishwasher – cleaning of dishes, Responsible for garbage disposal, Care and maintenance of kitchen utensils.
Pros
there is always something to do
Cons
they can send you home without pay if slow night, to many supervisors
Okay workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 July 2017
This place is fun to be at, during rare times. Mostly dead in the summer, but busy during winter. Management team is terrible, very self centered. Can't follow proper work schedule and randomly add you without asking.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
No benefits
Pizza
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2017
It nice to worked here, as a foreign worker the management is willing to help you to become a permanent resident here in Canada. people a also good and friendly.
Great staff, great pay. Bumpy roads.
Kitchen helper/cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 July 2017
Although I have nothing negative towards pizza hut, I must say my time working with them was bumpy.
Three quarters of the time I worked there, the restaurant was being managed by a man who at times, didn't seem to know what he was doing. He was replaced by two men who expected too much of the staff, given their previous trainer.
Aside from bumpy management, I'd have to say I had an excellent time working at Pizza Hut.
Pros
Great staff relationships
Cons
Bad pay/work ratio
good place to start your work experience
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2017
lots of friendly employees, sometimes management lacks in communication but your expected to get whatever they were thinking about telling you to get done before they tell you, besides for that, its a good place, if people quit, you might get an early promotion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9