Pizza Hut Employee Reviews in Canada

place needs a lot of improvement
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 3, 2016
Place needs a lot of improvement, better management, and a better work environment. place used to be very enjoyable, but management has changed, and employees are not appreciated for the work they contribute.
Workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 3, 2016
Very nice workplace to work at, but the payment is not that great, however the management is nice and fast and predictable.
Would only work as a summer/part-time job. Some tasks requires lots of intensity and due to lots of customers. Very fun job in my opinion.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too many pizzas
Hard work pays off
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 2, 2016
I went into this job expecting to just be a pizza cook.
when management recognized my organizational skills my job was escalated to shift manager.
Pros
Able to utilize my skills
Cons
made a tough choice to move back home to my family
Friendly but hectic workplace
Customer Service Representative/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work in my CSR position involves working the cash and seating customers who are dining in, as well as boxing orders. I learned a lot about providing great customer service and doing so under high pressure during dinner rushes. My experience with management has been very good, as well as my experience with coworkers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with hectic rushes, especially if there isn't an appropriate amount of staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different people.
Pros
Friendly and cooperative staff
Cons
Not enough hours
nice environment to work in
C.S.R/ SERVER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 22, 2016
did serving and c.s.r except delivery. typical day was overall was always good with the customers and the co-workers almost everyone was nice in the team and management.
Little Caesars/Pizza Hut
Employee (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 9, 2016
Both environments are relatively similar to one another. They are both fast foods restaurants, so is a very fast paced environment.I come in 10 minutes before my shift starts, and start to prepare myself for work, and then i clock into the system and begin to work. I have learned to take orders from customers up front and take orders on the phone; therefore I have gained customer service experience. I have also learned how to dress pizza's and follow the correct instructions if there is a dietary/religious restriction to use the right tools, and toppings. The restaurants were very organized, the managers were quite skilled and would always help me when I was a beginner. My co-workers were fantastic people in both restaurants, when I was a trainee, they would also help me out whenever the manager was extremely busy. The hardest part of the work place is how incredibly fast paced it was, so it was quite stressful in a way, but i could manage it. The most enjoyable part is the positive environment in such a fast paced work place, the workers and managers would always compliment everyone's hard work.
Pros
nice people, discounts on pizza
Cons
short hours
a fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2016
I really enjoyed working at pizza hut.
Every one was very nice and enjoyable to be around, I learned how to multi task at a fast pace and manage time very well.
It was good experience work with company.
Resturant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2016
I learned a lot as a customer service representative and how to solve the customer complaint. Working with different peoples give me good experience, We build good team so we can help each other and enjoy at work.
driver
Pizza Driver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 31, 2016
-packed pizzas
-delivered pizza to and from house
-collected money cash/debit
-delivered money to manager
-commission pay
-got to keep tips
Very team oriented
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Erin Mills, ONMarch 28, 2016
A very fast paced work place, with a lot of high energy people.
Delivery Driver
Owner/Operator Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MBMarch 27, 2016
Pay wasn't great you only made decent money if the restaurant was super busy, mainly relied on tips to average out a fair days wage. Management looks out for its self and seems to care little about their employees, Co-workers were fine but many under trained and over worked putting time restraints harder on drivers. It isn't hard as much as just stressful.
Pros
50% off durring work hours 20% off when not and at taco bell and Kfc
Cons
Hours were garbage, Pay was bad, little mutual respect among management and employees
It was really nice to be a part of Pizza Hut
Call Center Representative/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 23, 2016
Overall it is very nice workplace, and the collegues are really helpful only reason to leave is I want to work full time now
its fun working here and the pizzas are great
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMarch 22, 2016
Love working in a fast pace environment and give people great customer service specially during rush time cause everybody is doing their job as fast as they could.
Place with great costumers
Pizza Hut (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCMarch 21, 2016
A typical day at work busy

I learned to be good at working over obstacles

The management was good

Co- workers were very hard working

The hardest part about the job was when it was too busy

The most enjoyable part was succeeding for the day
Pros
It was a free spirited kind of atmosphere
Cons
sometimes things were disorganised
Terrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONMarch 17, 2016
I hate his place. Very unprofessional. Everyone is angry. Nothing is handled in a kind professional manner. No raises. No praise. My boss was unable to handle issues. Cannot give warning or lay-off anyone that needed to be handled as is not doing their jobs correctly and no one would do anything about it. I feel no one is rewarded for doing a good job
Cons
No breaks long hours no guaranteed hours
hectic and complaintive workers
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABMarch 15, 2016
dealing with traffic and fixing orders
how to deal with all sorts of people
management was nice but not willing to train
friendly and knowledgeable people to work with
dealing with unruly customers
being my own boss
Pros
meeting new people all the time
Cons
really fast paced and frantic environment
its ok
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Parry Sound, ONMarch 15, 2016
driver wage is bull caca in a small town coming home with 48 dollars in a night when no one tips is unacceptable driving my own car on bad streets for 7.80 an hour is garbage not abe to keep the car on the road let alone put food on the table and payinsurence
Pizza driver
Pizza Driver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 15, 2016
it was commission pay, so when it was a very slow day u made mostly minimum wage, work was best when busy because you could make up to $20/hour
Pros
discounts
Cons
didn't make money when people didn't tip
Workplace to gain experience and help
Dishwasher, pizza, wings, cutter. (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 8, 2016
Food is good, delicious. Fresh, cut every day, new dough made everyday. Loads of dishes by the end of the night, everyone always in a hurry to get home and relax. Rush hours are really tough sometimes without the right teammates. There were a few ethnic issue with Philopeno language talking and how half the workers could only understand them. They seemed to want to group together and talk in there language. Pizza hut is a great place to work at, great manager and great food and service. Supervisors are always trying there best, but always seem to have favorites which seems to get them in trouble or gets others in trouble. Hardest part of the job is keeping your cool when your being taken advantage of in rush hours. You dont always get the station you want so learn to cooperate with one another is pretty important. I enjoy the breaks and small chit chats and laughter that usually present before and after rush hours. I learned alot about being quick with my head and hands. Making sure things are cleaned thoroughly and looking presentable to anyone who walks in. We always try to keep a friendly vibe so customers stay happy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
rush hour makes people cranky.
good
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 5, 2016
typical day of work is making pizza, wings, fries, etc.
co workers were fun and easy going.
doing dishes were hard because it was such a small area and small space for dishes to go on tray.
Pros
once in a while had pizza for work crew
Cons
rush hour