Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

workplace culture
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
The Workplace culture of Pizza hut is somehow unique and know how to personality uplift. when I started working in Pizza hut i used to be timid and lack of confidence in my personality. I have learned to change that way of thinking.. Pizza hut helps me build my dealing with people and confidence in myself. The training i got from the Company was absolutely amazing. I learned how to mingle with different personality as well as managing business.
Working with Pizza hut is not just a matter of doing your job but having Fun as well.
Pros
free training, lots of incentives.
Cons
long hours of work
benefits
Store General Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK11 January 2017
not good, cut whole benefits money from my money which is high.
no bonus on sales.
incentives which is really tough to get..everything company's benefits nothing for employees. they dont care employees just company itself.

management are very tough, learned how to stay in the market which is good as a owner but not as a employee side.

no recognition, motivation except clapping. no gift no money for extra income.
More focused on sales rather than employee satisfaction.
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
A management position within a restaurant is a lot of work, long hours, not a great work/life balance. Quarterly bonuses are achievable and a nice option, but the extra work required is not worth it in the long run as working 6 days a week, 50-60 hours a week will burn a person out quickly.
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
10-12 hr work days w/o scheduled breaks
Pizza Hut typical day for me
Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON15 December 2016
A typical work day at Pizza Hut was that you would walk-in the store with a positive attitude to work and you would do your job. I would laugh with my co-workers. I learned that you can have fun at work while being safe and clean. Management wasn't always the best because most of them were young and it was their first management job . Other then that management was nice to work with if you did your job right.The hardest part of the day would be me the morning for buffet because when it was busy, you could be making pizza, dough, being at pasta station to the front doing cash/ answering phones. It was only hard because sometimes it was very stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job was after all the stress was over and the rooms were clean I liked to think I did a job well done.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Can be a Messy Job
Great starter job
Pizza Cook (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 December 2016
Great job to start with while in school, no real opportunity for advancement within the company, no raises considered. They work great around what hours you can work.
Pros
Great with working around school schedules
Cons
No advancement, big turnover in employees
Kitchen staff
Kitchen/Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 November 2016
Pizza Hut is an overall busy atmosphere. It was a great place to work. As a full time worker there, I did absolutely everything from dough in the morning some shifts, to closing. I learned a lot from Pizza Hut. The management was alright, they were fun to be around, but sometimes not. My co workers were like family. We all got along and then some days we had our bad days. The hardest part of the job was the issues with the staff members which was easily to get over. The most enjoyable thing about Pizza hut were the friends I made and food.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
co worker issues
very nice
Travel lodge- dishwasher (Former Employee) –  duncan BC22 November 2016
A typical day at work was pretty quiet we got straight to work. and only really talked when it came to work . except for the occasional conversation here and there. I learned lessons on how to be an adult in the real world. management was vary smart, and were vary good leaders. who knew how to run the restaurant. the co workers and I we always sticking to the work, and never really talked much. the hardest part of the job was the dinner rush, and closing on time, the most enjoyable part of the job , the fun me and the crew had to gather
Pros
friendships
Cons
no interactions while working that often
Pizza Hut
pizza deliver driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 October 2016
Pizza Hut was great service !
Delivering Pizzas for them was a great experience and a lot of fun.
I learned a lot of time management skills from them so it means they really are on their toes which mean good service.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cleis Neveau
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB16 November 2016
Excellent customers service, good work atmosphere, enjoyable staff and good policy and procedure, opportunitees for advancement and good benifits
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low wages
Terrible management but friendly staff
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 January 2017
The management team was awful. They never listened to their employees about their school/personal schedules. I got scheduled on days I had booked off weeks in advance, then got written up for missing my shift. The working conditions were unsanitary, and unsafe. No working air conditioning in the kitchen so in the summer it was sweltering (Not allowed to wear shorts). Mold/dirt/grease behind almost every shelf. Ant problem.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Heat, smell, hours
Great staff made environment pleasant
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
It was fun working with Pizza Hut. I enjoyed the fasted paced environment because it was always keeping me on my toes. Met a lot of people and learned to connect with customers within a small period of time. The management was very understanding when it came to the employees personal lives and schooling.
Pros
Works flies by because of fast paced environment
Cons
there is no opportunity to grow further as an individual
Fun place to work but the management is horrible
Cashier and Server (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON3 February 2017
I love working there because everybody is nice and friendly and they really helped me when I was new. The management though was horrible and disorganized. They are really lazy managers. I had to constantly ask for my cheques and wait so long just get it. When I did get it I was underpaid by a lot and had to wait months to receive the hours I was owed.
Pros
Free Food and great discounts
Cons
Disorganized
Decent Place to Work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 November 2016
Majority of the restaurants are very well run with a few exceptions. Upkeep could be a little better as far as building maintenance, but they do take care of their employees and do care about their well being. Some of the tightest family is the Pizza Hut family, and when you work there, you know what I mean. Majority of the time, everyone has each others back.
Pros
Work Family, decent pay for work, flexible
Cons
Long hours, insane rushes, false complaints for free stuff
Fast paced effiency orriented job
Production, Shift Manager and CSR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2016
Pizza hut is a company that prioritizes itself on producing high quality pizzas in a fast paced setting. The busy environment could place significant strain on workers unless properly trained and managed by the right people. In my opinion, Pizza hut does posses the proper management personnel as well as the right training for employees to succeed in this job.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Good co-workers
Cons
Lack of segregation of duties
Busy work environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON7 July 2016
an okay place to work
long hours with minimal breaks
great management team
easy job tasks
great employees
minimal job security
fun fast paced work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS22 June 2016
was a 2 in 1 with kfc, after being bought by another company, the business has completely down hill, they got rid of a lot of valued employees who had been there for years, the management and staff there now are lazy and don't seem to have a clue what's going on usually. I don't even eat there anymore because the food quality is horrible now
Pros
worked with great people
Cons
no room for advancement, its poorly run now
being a line cook at pizza hut
Cook (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB24 January 2017
the job was a good one at first fast paces at times but that was ok the staff was very helpful in helping me get a feel of the place and the management at the time was great i would make pizza and other food items but then my brother started working with me and that's when things went south also the management changed
Pros
staff meals
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative / Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 December 2016
Fun place to work .
Manager is friendly.
But pay is minimum wage for long hours of work.
Hardest part is to stand for long hours.
Co workers are friendly.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not a good work environment
Delivery Driver, Hostess, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC25 January 2017
Was happy doing deliveries because then I would not have to stay in an extremely badly managed work environment. No communication whatsoever. I blame the the experience and competency of the management staff however and not the employees.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
poorly run
Learning experience
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 October 2016
A typical day at work I would either be taking calls, and orders, cutting pizza, or making food.

I learnt how to work in a fast pace workplace.

The management was strict, but in a good way.

I liked my coworkers.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to make all the different pizza's.

The most enjoyable part of the job was taking calls, and taking orders.
Pros
Free personal sized pizza, and a drink.
Cons
Paper cuts from receipts

2.9