Pizza Hut Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Fun, engaging workplace with good staff and relaxed atmosphere
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON28 August 2017
The typical day involved driving to customer's homes with their orders, completing the transaction, and returning to the store. The management always took care of the drivers and other staff and the work environment was cordial and relaxed while still being very productive.
In another life maybe
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON15 August 2017
- You're treated as a freelancer, and paid accordingly, with NO chance of of a "raise" (4.25 per delivery is hilarious, considering the price hike coming)

-You get trashed by customers you deliver to because the kitchen staff is too busy gossiping to make sure orders are accurate

- Like 3 or 4 good staff total.. they got double digit employees, so that's not a good look

- They do very little to adjust scheduling, so this job is for children, not people with families, or any form of a social life

- Most of the equipment is breaking down on a regular basis, usually the wing fryer, so customer unsatisfaction is a regular occurence

- Are often asked to do more than required workload due to lazy kitchen staff

- Often get to hear 18-22 yr olds outside of work escapades in front of customers. Not awkward at all.

- If you're an african minority, prepare yourself for tons of racial jokes from unknowingly ignorant co-workers

- The pay is garbage considering how vast the covering area is (Valley East, Blezzard Valley, Hanmer, Capreol) as the aread consists mostly of highways, making each drive at least a 5-10 min minimum. So unless you REALLY enjoy driving, give this a HARD PASS.
Pros
Gab, Keeda, Madison, Destiny
Cons
Literally everything else
Bad place to work at
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 August 2017
Pizza hut doesn't hire you as an employee. They make you sign a contract as a free lancer with compensation for each delivery.

When I worked there, they were paying 2,80$ per delivery. And during a typical 4 hours shift you could expect to make about 8-12 delivery since the restaurant was not really busy. So overall you are working at a rate if 4,80$-8,40$/hour before tips. This doesn't even cover your car expenses. Tips are ok, but since you are making so few deliveries, overall you are not making any money. Average tips was 2,50$ so you are looking at about 25$ tips for the evening.

I would not recommend working there to anyone. All you will do is work way bellow the minimum salary.
Pros
Cons
Exploitative salary
Enjoyed meeting many people.
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB1 August 2017
Pizza Hut treats their pizza delivery people well. Learning maps is good experience. Talking to people all different ages is good experience. Calming people down about various things is good experience.
Pros
Tips
Cons
on call
Great staff made environment pleasant
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
It was fun working with Pizza Hut. I enjoyed the fasted paced environment because it was always keeping me on my toes. Met a lot of people and learned to connect with customers within a small period of time. The management was very understanding when it came to the employees personal lives and schooling.
Pros
Works flies by because of fast paced environment
Cons
there is no opportunity to grow further as an individual
Fun and Professional
Part-time Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 February 2017
The atmosphere was fun and lively and during peak hours we worked together effectively to provide customers with fast, friendly and dependable service.
Fun Job, Good boss
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON7 February 2017
Fun job, great boss. Unfortunately the shift manager was an emotional twatnugget who let misguided personal feelings be the result of me no longer working there. bygones.
Pros
Fun job, nice environment
Cons
piece work, shift manager was a filthy c u next tuesday..
not a good work environment
Delivery Driver, Hostess, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC25 January 2017
Was happy doing deliveries because then I would not have to stay in an extremely badly managed work environment. No communication whatsoever. I blame the the experience and competency of the management staff however and not the employees.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
poorly run
it was fun
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2017
it was fun at first , but after I learned it was only paid by the tips it wasn't worth working there. The people there we're welcoming though.
Pros
good discount
Cons
only paid by tips
Delivery job for Pizza Hut
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 August 2016
I typically come into work; sign in, greet my co-workers, grab a debit pad, my delivery sheet which I date and sign ( and where I record all my deliveries for the day), and begin organizing my delivery orders in a way that honours the delivery times I have on my schedule. Before I drive off and give customers their orders, I map out the best possible route and sign the order out on a computer to let the company know that I did in fact take the order out of the store.
Once I arrive at the location I greet the customer, make sure the transaction goes through, and give them their order. Then I return and do the same thing until my shift is done.
I feel I've meet some great people at this job and I've learned to make great tips just from exposing my personality to a customer and giving them a comfortable environment for the quick moment we see each other, it makes me feel great! I've enjoyed the summer weather and I feel like I can be a part of it a little bit just by driving around with my windows down (as opposed to being in a building).
I like delivery jobs.
Pros
It's a very stress-free job.
Cons
How much I get paid, I feel like I'm worth more.
Great place to work!!
Server/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dauphin, MB15 July 2016
A great way to meet new people. My outgoing personality really comes out. The management is great, very easy to work with in accommodating scheduling. I thrive on excellence as I would expect from others when I would go to a restaurant. I will treat staff and patrons in a respectable manner . I would have to say there is no difficulty in this job expect working at times in a stressful situation. could be phones ringing, customers at till , customers in restaurant and then short staff. When this happens the managers step up and help out
Pros
accomadating
Cons
never knowing when done on a volume shift
Awesome Job with Freedom.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MB12 May 2016
Pizza Hut is a great company to work for. Comfortable environment and friendly staff. Management facilitates a team orientated vibe. Time management is essential, ensuring planed routes be within costumer expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the reactions from satisfied costumers.
Pros
tips, warm atmosphere, Co workers, Independency
Cons
fast paced, late nights
Great place to work for
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC1 May 2016
It was my pleasure to work for them. Store in BC, Vernon, followed all the rules and regulation that protect delivery drivers. Other pizza companies bed rules
productive and fast enviroment
Trainee / Delivery (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 April 2016
- some days are very slow , others are more busy.
- I learned how to be a trust worthy reliable team worker.
- no complaints about management.
- my co-workers were always respectful to myself as I was to them.
- not much to complain about in this job.
- being able to practice verbal / conversational skills with customers at door, and learning how to navigate through the city.
hectic and complaintive workers
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB15 March 2016
dealing with traffic and fixing orders
how to deal with all sorts of people
management was nice but not willing to train
friendly and knowledgeable people to work with
dealing with unruly customers
being my own boss
Pros
meeting new people all the time
Cons
really fast paced and frantic environment
its ok
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON15 March 2016
driver wage is bull caca in a small town coming home with 48 dollars in a night when no one tips is unacceptable driving my own car on bad streets for 7.80 an hour is garbage not abe to keep the car on the road let alone put food on the table and payinsurence
dont work here
Delivery Driver, Dough Cook- I (Former Employee) –  regina sk13 October 2015
not good dont work here unless your desperate smelly dirty not fun insane turn around no point getting to know anybody because theyd be gone very soon after they got there good way to meet lots of people fast though
Awesome Place to work
Delivery Driver/Cook (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ON6 July 2015
Delivering pizza’s to customers, help cooks make pizzas when busy.
Interacting with Customers or regular day to day basis.
Closing out shift every day and making sure money balanced. As well as counting money and cashing out.
Decent, enjoyable and busy workplace
Full time Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  edmonton ab25 March 2015
At Pizza Hut, we are able to balance work and family together. Mostly weekends are busy and teaches us good time management. The co-workers are very helpful. The hardest part of the job comes when we have to deliver 5 orders or more in an hour. The most enjoyable part includes driving, driving and only driving.
Did not like working here
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ON13 March 2015
Management was a joke. A lot of innappropriate references between managers. Very inappropriate workplace. 1 or 2 co-workers were actually good to work with but other than that it was garabage
Cons
Not paid well, had to deliver in my own vehicle, hours weren't good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8